Author Topic: Logitech M330 internals  (Read 17237 times)

Offline geniekid

Logitech M330 internals
« on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 12:55:19 »
Some potato pictures of the internals of the Logitech M330 Silent Mouse.  I was hoping to find switches in the usual Omron/Huano/Cherry form factor that I could easily transplant, but that does not appear to be the case.

157841-0

157843-1

157845-2

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Logitech M330 internals
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 23:57:28 »
Those are throughhole switches.

With the exception of the middle click, you can transplant regular omron d2f (japan made) switches if you really want to.  it should work..

There might be minor height difference on the left/right click within 0.5mm so you'd apply some paper to the shell to compensate..

BUHhhh.. I'm not sure why you'd do this.. hahhaha..

If you're going to do it, check out my WMO guide..   It's basically the same type of switch swap,  square switches swapped into omron rectangular d2f switches..

it's in my signature.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 10:08:28 »
I just read the post you mentioned in your sig (this one).  Interesting.  I assumed because the Omron switches were three pins the underlying circuitry would be incompatible with these two pin square ones.  I'm a little confused now what the function of the third pin is.  I'm guessing those Omron switches are used in other applications where it's important to know when the switch is fully released?

Well then!  I'll take some measurements and move forward if everything looks doable.  I really like the silent tactile switches in the M330, but the M330's body is too uncomfortable so I'm hoping to transplant the switches into my Deathadder 2013.  I've found some videos online of ways to silence the DA by directly modding its existing switches but they all seem to be quite inconsistent or have undesirable side effects.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 March 2017, 09:16:58 by geniekid »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 12:58:22 »
Switches have 2 positions open or close..

NC means normally closed

NO means normally open

The 3 pin allows the switch to be versatile in usage.

For example, it's almost always used in the NO position, if you take apart any logitech razer etc that use the 3 pin omron, the 3rd pin is soldered, but it's not connected to anything.

The 3rd pin in logitechs usually function as an anchor.

the REASON they use these ubiquitous 3pin switches is because they have a more distinct and powerful tactility and sound than the smaller 2 pin switches..

Offline xeky

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 14:04:28 »
Some potato pictures of the internals of the Logitech M330 Silent Mouse.  I was hoping to find switches in the usual Omron/Huano/Cherry form factor that I could easily transplant, but that does not appear to be the case.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Hello, sorry to bother. I owe this mouse and I am recently having issues with the right click not working properly. I was planning to disassembly the mouse but I tried and I'm not really sure how to do it. I was just doing some research and I just found your post and I was wondering if you could tell me how to do it. I'm not sure if there is some screw to remove to be able to open it like on the pictures you posted and how should I do it. I'm not sure if you remember how you did it or not, but I would really appreciate if you could help me with this, as I don't wanna break the mouse by trying to force opening it without removing the right screws.

Thank you in advance, hope you can help me.

Regars, xeky