Author Topic: [IC] MKC Titanium Backlit-Compatible (Blue/Purple/Red/Gold) StarCraft R4 Keycaps  (Read 7367 times)

Offline ceflame

6/11/2014 EDIT

Final update: Price per set will be $35 + shipping + paypal fees.

Titanium set 5x
Blue set 9x
Red set 2x
Purple set 8x
Gold set 8x

RED SET IS NOT LIKE THE PICTURE YOU SEE IN THE OP, LOOK AT MY POST FURTHER DOWN FOR ACCURATE PICTURES.

Individual keycap $10, Individual keycap with small blemish $5
http://www.puu.sh/9oHRU/116b2aecac.png
http://www.puu.sh/9oHSZ/f9b009cbca.png

I happened to be in China for a while, wondering if anyone is interested in purchasing these MKC Titanium StarCraft keycaps. Comes in original titanium color, blue, purple, red, or gold. They don't have any backlit compatible Protoss keys as far as I know.
66641-066643-166645-266649-466651-5

If so, please answer this poll for which ones you prefer: http://strawpoll.me/1799052
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 10:56:16 by ceflame »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Depending on the price I am interested in a black, silver, blue or red set of SC2 keys.

Will the pricing be similar to IMSTO?

http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=68

Offline ceflame

Depending on the price I am interested in a black, silver, blue or red set of SC2 keys.

Will the pricing be similar to IMSTO?

http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=68

I'm not sure about pricing yet, still not completely sure how many sets I can bring back to the states with me. Though, these are slightly different from the caps that IMSTO has, so pricing will probably be higher.

Offline Razor Lotus

trypophobia incoming with the zerg key

Offline Extremes

• Youtube
They look damn nice, to bad i'm not a Starcraft fan  :D

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter

I have trypo and the zerg key looks ok, especially if backlit. I think the grouping just isn't terrifying enough for me.

The colour scheme vote is a little tough, since terran is blue, zerg is purple, and toss is gold - so to have one colour for all three is a bit tricky. That being said, I'm in for this.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline ceflame

I have trypo and the zerg key looks ok, especially if backlit. I think the grouping just isn't terrifying enough for me.

The colour scheme vote is a little tough, since terran is blue, zerg is purple, and toss is gold - so to have one colour for all three is a bit tricky. That being said, I'm in for this.

I'm thinking I can get a couple of the blue/purple/gold sets, and then mix/match the sets OR sell the keycaps individually. Do you think people would be more for that? I've only really seen the titanium colored ones on GH from my searches.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter

I'm thinking I can get a couple of the blue/purple/gold sets, and then mix/match the sets OR sell the keycaps individually. Do you think people would be more for that? I've only really seen the titanium colored ones on GH from my searches.

I wouldn't know if there's enough total interest to warrant that. It was just a thought - it would really depend on whether you can reach the minimum you need for this.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline ceflame

I wouldn't know if there's enough total interest to warrant that. It was just a thought - it would really depend on whether you can reach the minimum you need for this.

The thing is, I don't really need a minimum :P. I'm just going to order them by myself. I guess I could just get a number of sets, say like 20, and then sell them off over time.

Offline slickmamba

oh god yes :) an some nice cs keys
Hi :)

Offline nereme

Im well up for this Price Dependant

colourwise I like both Titanium and Purple
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:06:41 by nereme »

Offline ceflame

Im well up for this Price Dependant

colourwise I like both Titanium and Purple

Prices shouldn't be too out of line compared to other sales like this. I've decided to get 5 sets of each color, unless there are large amounts of people expressing interest in certain colors!

Offline nereme

Well i will most likely take a couple of sets of the colours i want

Offline ceflame

Looks like I can pick about 7-10 sets of each color scheme, so no worries there!

Offline suby4me

These caps look awesome. digging the purple
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
what material are those keycaps made from?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!

MKC Titanium Backlit-Compatible

Hope that helps :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline ceflame

Well, the largest ordeal was contacting the sellers! Order count as of now is for 10 Titanium, 9 Blue, 9 Purple, 9 Gold, 5 Red. Sadly, it seems that MKC does not make the red keycaps that you see in the pictures. They're now completely red as seen here  :(.66866-0

Hopefully I'll get pictures up by the 10th, so stay tuned.

Offline ceflame

Offline ceflame

Titanium was the name used for the color. Seller told me that these are (probably) aluminum.

Offline ceflame

Final update: Price per set will be $35 + shipping + paypal fees.

Titanium set 5x
Blue set 9x
Red set 2x
Purple set 8x
Gold set 8x

I looked through almost every set to spot for defects/blemishes, and sadly I found quite a few. I took those ones out, and will list them for $5 each. By blemish, I mean like some of the aluminum coating is chipped off, or there's a spot. It's actually really not noticeable, but I don't feel comfortable sending those out at higher prices.

There will be some selection from the following sets with undamaged individual keycaps for $10 each.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
I'll take a purple set unless somehow you have the undamaged keycap selection where terran is blue, zerg is purple, and protoss is gold - then I'll take those three lol. Send me a PM.

Offline ceflame

I'll take a purple set unless somehow you have the undamaged keycap selection where terran is blue, zerg is purple, and protoss is gold - then I'll take those three lol. Send me a PM.

Somehow all the blue sets came in unscathed! The individual keycaps I have are mostly in red/gold/titanium with a couple in purple. I'll post up the stock of individuals.

http://puu.sh/9oHRU/116b2aecac.png
http://puu.sh/9oHSZ/f9b009cbca.png

If you want to reserve your caps, leave a message here, or shoot me a PM. I'm going to be listing into classifieds within 1-2 weeks, once I get everything sorted out and get shipping materials.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 06:35:25 by ceflame »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
Wouldn't mind getting one of those titanium sets and if its going to be a week or so, thats perfect for when I actually have the money :) put me down for one.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline ceflame

Wouldn't mind getting one of those titanium sets and if its going to be a week or so, thats perfect for when I actually have the money :) put me down for one.

Got it :).

By the way, my flight back to the US is in about 15 hours, so I won't be able to respond quickly if you PM/leave posts here after I sleep tonight. Heads up for those who think I'm ignoring or something.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter

Somehow all the blue sets came in unscathed! The individual keycaps I have are mostly in red/gold/titanium with a couple in purple. I'll post up the stock of individuals.

http://puu.sh/9oHRU/116b2aecac.png
http://puu.sh/9oHSZ/f9b009cbca.png

If you want to reserve your caps, leave a message here, or shoot me a PM. I'm going to be listing into classifieds within 1-2 weeks, once I get everything sorted out and get shipping materials.

Ok, I'll send a PM.

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en

Doubt it, dont reply with false information please.
Pompous child.
Titanium keycaps cost exponentially more.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!

Doubt it, dont reply with false information please.
Pompous child.
Titanium keycaps cost exponentially more.
Well I was just trying to help, you don't have to be rude about it not very nice at all.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline suby4me

Hey ceflame,

I'd be down to have purple set and also a blemished red zerg  :thumb:
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline ceflame

Hey ceflame,

I'd be down to have purple set and also a blemished red zerg  :thumb:

Reserved!

Edit: On another note, probably just PM me your orders/reservations. Don't want to spam this IC forum too much with just this. I'm going to make a full inventory list on Google Drive once I get back to the US.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 10:49:02 by ceflame »

Offline ceflame

Doing a final quality check on every single keycap... sigh. Found more chips on the coating for some in the blue set, so individuals will be available for those too. I'm expecting to finish sorting everything by this weekend.