Author Topic: [IC] Mint Chocolate SA - Vote on Massdrop! - We did it!  (Read 23329 times)

Offline Voltasalt

[IC] Mint Chocolate SA - Vote on Massdrop! - We did it!
« on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 14:46:24 »
VOTE ON MASSDROP TO GET THIS THING UP: https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Mint-Chocolate-SA

Inspired by, you know, mint chocolate :)
Flat, R3.

Any feedback?

Did I miss anything in any of the child buys?
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 October 2015, 17:25:22 by Voltasalt »

Offline lolpes

Re: [IC] Mint Chocolate SA
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 16:27:14 »
i love mint chocolate, sadly not this one :/ not my kind of color scheme

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 16:32:27 »
This is a neat idea. But that particular green doesn't feel like 'mint'. Maybe try some different greens in there for mockups

Offline ika

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 20:36:24 »
Looks kind of like a neglected shrubbery with that shade of green. Not really something you want to nom   :p

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:30:30 »
This is a neat idea. But that particular green doesn't feel like 'mint'. Maybe try some different greens in there for mockups

Looks kind of like a neglected shrubbery with that shade of green. Not really something you want to nom   :p

How's this?

Or this?

Or hell, even a recolored Day and Night?

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 09:07:07 »
I like the lighter green with the brown alphas.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 09:12:50 »
I like your new mockups. The second and third in particular.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline just66in

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 09:28:55 »
Maybe you cld also try the 1st mock up w brown alphas? I feel that in the 1sy mock up, the green looks "mint-iest" if that makes any sense  :))

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 11:57:59 »
Maybe you cld also try the 1st mock up w brown alphas? I feel that in the 1sy mock up, the green looks "mint-iest" if that makes any sense  :))

First one as in the one in the OP or the first of the three I just posted?

Offline lolpes

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 12:10:54 »
The third one but with the inverse on the mod colors

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 12:16:17 »

Like this?

Offline lolpes

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 12:54:27 »

Show Image

Like this?

Switch the mint and chocolate colors, esc, super and enter in chocolate and the rest in mint :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:05:14 »
I find this theme you chose very original and I love the idea. Looking at the mockup number #2 with green alphas and chocolate modifiers, I can see a calm, balanced and overall very sweet theme. These two color tones are working very well and I entirely believe that you have a fantastic starting point my friend. This was very well executed.

Seeing the stage you are in, I believe that the most important thing is to establish a solid base to work around. This color combination provides you with everything you need, there are many possibilities around them. You mentioned profiling on OP, I'd recommend you to go flat R3. I don't see necessity for a curved profile here, for two reasons. First because since the colors you are using are already balanced, keeping everything flat you make the keyset look cohesive. Looks very elegant. Second, because you can brake this whole balanced and solid theme with a range of novelties.

Focus, don't let inputs from everyone deviate you from your original core idea. This is something that needs to be mentioned on every IC, since many IC starters are generally new members. I heard it from another member and now I'm passing it to you. Again, I'm impressed by the sweet job you've done with this color combo. Make it happen!

Offline phosphor

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:26:39 »
really like the light green with brown print. very light and cheerful.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:28:17 »
I find this theme you chose very original and I love the idea. Looking at the mockup number #2 with green alphas and chocolate modifiers, I can see a calm, balanced and overall very sweet theme. These two color tones are working very well and I entirely believe that you have a fantastic starting point my friend. This was very well executed.

Show Image

Seeing the stage you are in, I believe that the most important thing is to establish a solid base to work around. This color combination provides you with everything you need, there are many possibilities around them. You mentioned profiling on OP, I'd recommend you to go flat R3. I don't see necessity for a curved profile here, for two reasons. First because since the colors you are using are already balanced, keeping everything flat you make the keyset look cohesive. Looks very elegant. Second, because you can brake this whole balanced and solid theme with a range of novelties.

Focus, don't let inputs from everyone deviate you from your original core idea. This is something that needs to be mentioned on every IC, since many IC starters are generally new members. I heard it from another member and now I'm passing it to you. Again, I'm impressed by the sweet job you've done with this color combo. Make it happen!

Thanks a lot for your feedback, MiTo. I'm probably going to go for #2, yes. Although there aren't very many novelties I can think of. Mint/chocolate SUPER keys?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:38:13 »
Thanks a lot for your feedback, MiTo. I'm probably going to go for #2, yes. Although there aren't very many novelties I can think of. Mint/chocolate SUPER keys?

Like the word "SUPER"? I was thinking of icon novelties, but what about "CHOMP" as a legend? I don't know, if you want to go for funny novelties, icon novelties, candy related novelties. What are you thinking?

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:49:48 »

Like the word "SUPER"? I was thinking of icon novelties, but what about "CHOMP" as a legend? I don't know, if you want to go for funny novelties, icon novelties, candy related novelties. What are you thinking?

By "Mint/chocolate SUPER" I meant some icon of a chocolate bar and some mint or something, but I can't art :) If anything, CHOMP should be backspace, hehe, although I want to cut down on the custom legends and bring the price down. I'll think of something :)

Is it better to have the novelties in a seperate set or kinda strewn around the child buys?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:56:46 »
By "Mint/chocolate SUPER" I meant some icon of a chocolate bar and some mint or something, but I can't art :) If anything, CHOMP should be backspace, hehe, although I want to cut down on the custom legends and bring the price down. I'll think of something :)

Is it better to have the novelties in a seperate set or kinda strewn around the child buys?

Now I got it, you're looking for icon novelties. There are many possibilities with icons, many cool things can be done. Chomp for backspace sounds good, I'd use that. But I don't have any other text-legend to suggest, for now. I'm gonna sketch some icons that perhaps could fit the theme and will post them here, okay?

I'd separate novelties in a standalone kit. This is the easiest way for people to buy exactly what they need and efficiently spend their money. You could group icon novelties with text legend novelties, for example. It's a clever thing to do indeed.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 15:36:34 »
Base Set as 60% (and a TKL set next to it) or TKL base set, opinions?

Offline just66in

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 20:05:49 »

First one as in the one in the OP or the first of the three I just posted?

My bad - seeing the mock ups earlier from my mobile and now from my PC is different. Mock up #2 is good to go in my opinion  :thumb: A combination I can honestly smile at when looking (call me crazy)

Base Set as 60% (and a TKL set next to it) or TKL base set, opinions?

Personally, I feel that TKL base set is better.

Edit: Icons of a chocolate bar on ESC or the WIN keys would be cool too. I'm digging the idea of "CHOMP" for backspace  ;D
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2015, 20:09:41 by just66in »

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 03:54:03 »
Edit: Icons of a chocolate bar on ESC or the WIN keys would be cool too. I'm digging the idea of "CHOMP" for backspace  ;D

I'm thinking something like or , something that would look good in monochrome. (However, none of those are free and I don't have the Illustrator skills to make them myself)

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 04:03:27 »
Not sure how SP's doubleshot legend tolerances are, would this be too thin?

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 05:12:44 »
I don't know why, but I was thinking of ice-cream.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 05:46:01 »

Could be both? I'll try vectorizing some ice cream :)

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 06:01:39 »

How's this?

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 08:30:37 »
Which style of ice cream cone? With or without crosses?

(I don't even know if SP can produce the detail needed for the crosses, can someone confirm/deny?)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 12:14:07 »
These designs are very nice Volt, nicely done. However, they are not manufacturable under the double shot method. The thing is that Signature Plastics requests that lines must be at least 0.02" thin and the space between the lines must be at least 0.02". The legendable surface of a keycap is 0.360" x 0.360" so those are the references and scales that you have to keep in mind. My advice is for you to go with solid icons, but I understand that details are needed in order to make a good chocolate bar. You could try a different design for the bar, by spacing each tablet to at least 0.02" for example. The ice cream, in the other hand, should be all solid (a silhouette) but I'm not sure if that will look good, let alone fit the theme. I'm finding very difficult to design a detailed ice cream that both look good and fit the manufacturer's rule.

Another thing to keep in mind is that perhaps you don't need a large range of novelties. I believe that a chocolate bar, the CHOMP legend and just one more good idea would do the job. I know that we are just brainstorming here in regards of novelties icons as nothing was decided yet, but what do you think?

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 12:31:11 »
I may have been way off with the ice-cream idea, and chocolate might be better. However I have made this. Someone with skill needs to run with this one.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 12:40:29 »
These designs are very nice Volt, nicely done. However, they are not manufacturable under the double shot method. The thing is that Signature Plastics requests that lines must be at least 0.02" thin and the space between the lines must be at least 0.02". The legendable surface of a keycap is 0.360" x 0.360" so those are the references and scales that you have to keep in mind. My advice is for you to go with solid icons, but I understand that details are needed in order to make a good chocolate bar. You could try a different design for the bar, by spacing each tablet to at least 0.02" for example. The ice cream, in the other hand, should be all solid (a silhouette) but I'm not sure if that will look good, let alone fit the theme. I'm finding very difficult to design a detailed ice cream that both look good and fit the manufacturer's rule.

Another thing to keep in mind is that perhaps you don't need a large range of novelties. I believe that a chocolate bar, the CHOMP legend and just one more good idea would do the job. I know that we are just brainstorming here in regards of novelties icons as nothing was decided yet, but what do you think?

I don't know TBH. I'm also ****ing around in Illustrator atm to create something that'll fit SP's guidelines. CHOMP is a great idea, I also have NOM (for Esc or Delete).

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 12:40:58 »
I may have been way off with the ice-cream idea, and chocolate might be better. However I have made this. Someone with skill needs to run with this one.
Show Image

Ya know what, that looks pretty good. I'll see what I can do :) Should the legend be mint?

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 12:50:51 »
Show Image

Ya know what, that looks pretty good. I'll see what I can do :) Should the legend be mint?

Nope, the holes would have to be twice as wide to even barely match their specs... :(

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 13:04:35 »
This is manufacturable:

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 13:12:20 »
This is manufacturable:

Show Image

Looks great, mind if I use that?

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 13:18:59 »
This is manufacturable:

Show Image

Yep, looks great! Should the "logo" of this set be chocolate or an ice cream cone? I'm kinda torn.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 13:40:57 »
This is manufacturable:

Show Image

Looks great, mind if I use that?

It's your's my friend. Regarding logo it's up to you, but I'd use a chocolate bar because of the keyset name.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 14:03:41 »
Not sure how this looks...

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 14:13:00 »

This probably can't be made but posting it anyway cause it looks good, could someone mod this to work? :P

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 14:14:12 »

Show Image

I like what you got, but how about a smoother curve?

Instead of a "wave" (S shaped) just a curved form coming from the top to down.

This drawing right here is just to ilustrate what I'm talking about - something like a "~" instead of a "s" for the form that is covering the chocolate.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 14:25:54 »
-snip-

Like this?

Doesn't really look like "chocolate" like the other one does though

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 14:35:58 »

Getting closer...

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 14:45:20 »
The last version you showed makes me wanna bite it! Don't forget the scale and 0.02" rule, I'm not sure about the inside rectangles - they should be manufacturable but I'm not as sure as I am regarding the ice cream. What you currently have is already looking awesome to me, but do you think this line is necessary?

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 14:59:41 »
The last version you showed makes me wanna bite it! Don't forget the scale and 0.02" rule, I'm not sure about the inside rectangles - they should be manufacturable but I'm not as sure as I am regarding the ice cream. What you currently have is already looking awesome to me, but do you think this line is necessary?

Show Image

Here's one with, and one without:

I like it with a gap, since it kinda seperates the bar from the wrapper visually. Gotta use that negative space :) Don't know about you though.

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 15:04:10 »
I like the look of the mint chocolate idea. Reminds of the '50s in general and the Jukebox themed keyset. Not bad, because I adore those colorways. In the opening photo the text on the alphas looks black. Would brown be an option? It could carry a bit more of the mint and chocolate theme.

I dig the novelty logos floating around.

Leopold FC660m  CM Stealth TKL

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 15:07:17 »
I like the look of the mint chocolate idea. Reminds of the '50s in general and the Jukebox themed keyset. Not bad, because I adore those colorways. In the opening photo the text on the alphas looks black. Would brown be an option? It could carry a bit more of the mint and chocolate theme.

Maybe your monitor is miscalibrated, because the alphas sure are brown :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 15:11:28 »

Here's one with, and one without:
Show Image

I like it with a gap, since it kinda seperates the bar from the wrapper visually. Gotta use that negative space :) Don't know about you though.

Your project, your call.

Good use of the negative space.

;)

Offline just66in

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 15:51:22 »
The updated OP looks good to go  :thumb:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 16:47:24 »

This is so freaking cute. I'm super happy and excited for you, what an incredible execution! Literally, that's one of the sweetest keysets I've seen recently. You are off to a great start and these kits displayed above are a fantastic core. Clever division and good options - you've got the fundamentals down right. Because I know that many poeple is going to ask, I believe you should add:
  • Iso Kit;
  • Tsangan Kit (for the non-standard people);
  • Ergodox Kit;
  • Planck Kit;
  • Blanks and extra space bars on all sizes and colors.
After that, because manufacturing in the near future is going to be sort of complicated, you should just keep thinking about more novelties; and whether you want to add them or not, because of the costs. That's it man, you've done one heck of a job here and you should be good to go very soon. Fantastic execution, again, I'm extremely happy and excited for you.

PS: I believe that I have enough understanding about the concepts that you chose to follow in regards of the keyset, and took the liberty to look at my color ring and pick colors that I'd use - if the project was mine. This is what I'd suggest, given the feeling I have for the keyset and your source of inspiration. As you probably don't have a color ring, I hope this helps you a bit. Let me know if you need anything else.

color codes - black mousepad and notebook paper as reference

monitor & room lightning

monitor only lightning

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 17:24:35 »
Show Image

This is so freaking cute. I'm super happy and excited for you, what an incredible execution! Literally, that's one of the sweetest keysets I've seen recently. You are off to a great start and these kits displayed above are a fantastic core. Clever division and good options - you've got the fundamentals down right. Because I know that many poeple is going to ask, I believe you should add:
  • Iso Kit;
  • Tsangan Kit (for the non-standard people);
  • Ergodox Kit;
  • Planck Kit;
  • Blanks and extra space bars on all sizes and colors.
After that, because manufacturing in the near future is going to be sort of complicated, you should just keep thinking about more novelties; and whether you want to add them or not, because of the costs. That's it man, you've done one heck of a job here and you should be good to go very soon. Fantastic execution, again, I'm extremely happy and excited for you.

PS: I believe that I have enough understanding about the concepts that you chose to follow in regards of the keyset, and took the liberty to look at my color ring and pick colors that I'd use - if the project was mine. This is what I'd suggest, given the feeling I have for the keyset and your source of inspiration. As you probably don't have a color ring, I hope this helps you a bit. Let me know if you need anything else.

color codes - black mousepad and notebook paper as reference
Show Image

monitor & room lightning

Show Image

monitor only lightning

Show Image

I have just finished ISO and German/Nordic kit, and Ergodox and Planck is planned. I also chose VCO and TGH ages ago, but with WA for the white. Thanks a lot for your help and support!

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 17:36:06 »

Maybe your monitor is miscalibrated, because the alphas sure are brown :)

Upon closer inspection, I see it! I think my eyes are miscalibrated  :-[ I jumped to a conclusion that some were black since on set had the white.

Leopold FC660m  CM Stealth TKL

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 18:08:15 »
I remember seeing this on Reddit and liking the idea, but not the old green color. I really like the new green though, makes me just want to buy this so I can eat it.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #50 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 18:38:31 »
ISO, UK, German/Nordic, Bonus and Bottom Row kits added, check OP!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 19:44:47 »
I really like how this is shaping up. Great work guys. Hi we get more people voicing their opinions on this.

I don't think I have ever seen SA used on a 1800. Since this set will be flat, it might be easier to do, but does anyone have a picture?

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 23:48:23 »
Nice work, bro!I'm looking forward to seeing this GB run!!!  :p :p :p

Offline phosphor

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 00:29:42 »
have you thought about striping some of the keys to look like chocolates? Some of those would look incredible, depending on where you put them.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 01:20:48 »
Mint chocolate is #1, I'm very exited for this. Mockups look great to me :thumb:

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 04:56:17 »
have you thought about striping some of the keys to look like chocolates? Some of those would look incredible, depending on where you put them.

As far as I know, that's not possible to produce properly :/ Would have to be some kind of artisan cap.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2015, 05:11:44 by Voltasalt »

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 06:30:52 »
For the Planck kit, should I base it off Evergreen's, some other set, or just the default layout? Same with Ergodox.

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 07:04:01 »
Wow this looks amazing.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 11:51:53 »
Voltasalt,

as far as i know 6.5u spacebar is not available for SA Profile, or did i missed some news from SP?

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 12:20:27 »
Voltasalt,

as far as i know 6.5u spacebar is not available for SA Profile, or did i missed some news from SP?

I don't actually know - can someone with more recent experience chime in here? :P

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 12:25:20 »
Voltasalt,

I don't actually know - can someone with more recent experience chime in here? :P

I am actually lost too  :)) My listing for SA Profile is approx two months old and 6.5u spacebar is not listed. So i ask for it too. If someone knows more than me?

Ask Melissa for updated SA Profile listing (its pdf document), i am sure she will help you :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2015, 12:29:19 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 13:15:12 »
Voltasalt,

I am actually lost too  :)) My listing for SA Profile is approx two months old and 6.5u spacebar is not listed. So i ask for it too. If someone knows more than me?

Ask Melissa for updated SA Profile listing (its pdf document), i am sure she will help you :)

Apparently they don't have a 6.5x SA spacebar mold, so I removed that from my document. Any other funny keyboards to make room for?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 13:44:03 »

Show Image

This looks like you tucked Windows into bed  :p

I love this overall idea though  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 03:43:14 »
Added Ergodox and Planck/Blanck kit, check OP!

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 05:09:02 »
Any more tweaking I'll need to do before I work on getting this thing live?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 08:46:13 »
I like that the UK, ISO, and nordic/german kits have been separated. Hopefully this will make for a slightly cheaper Nordic/German kit.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 09:05:52 »
Looks tasty  ;D
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline krbuck

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 11:49:16 »
I like it. I'm in.

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline GalacticPirate

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 11:14:16 »
Looks awesome. Definitely would buy.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 08:38:10 »

Offline just66in

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 16:03:26 »
Almost halfway there!

Offline stoic-lemon

Re: [IC] Mint Chocolate SA - Vote on Massdrop!
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 20:05:16 »
Voted!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 23:48:52 »
I'm liking the look of this - it would be great if the novelty kit could be expanded a bit more though - I'd like to see the ice cream cones in 1.25 size as well

Also an HHKB style kit would be nice

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 00:17:46 »
I'm liking the look of this - it would be great if the novelty kit could be expanded a bit more though - I'd like to see the ice cream cones in 1.25 size as well

Added 1.25 ice cream cones :)

Not sure what you mean by HHKB, you can sorta piece together a HHKB layout with the Bottom Row Kit and the Bonus Kit.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 01:02:31 »

Not sure what you mean by HHKB, you can sorta piece together a HHKB layout with the Bottom Row Kit and the Bonus Kit.

Just meant a 1.5 backspace - not much of a biggie though
Thanks for adding that!

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 08:53:58 »

Thanks for adding that!

I added this - will that work?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 08:55:13 »

Thanks for adding that!

I added this - will that work?
Show Image

Beautiful! Thanks

Offline Voltasalt

Re: [IC] Mint Chocolate SA - Vote on Massdrop! - 3/4 there!
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 02:42:32 »
Almost...

Offline Voltasalt

Re: [IC] Mint Chocolate SA - Vote on Massdrop! - Halfway there!
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 02:43:35 »
Also, I split the Bottom Row Kit to make room for boards like the KBT Race II.

Offline just66in

Re: [IC] Mint Chocolate SA - Vote on Massdrop! - Halfway there!
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 10:21:54 »
Also, I split the Bottom Row Kit to make room for boards like the KBT Race II.

Show Image

That's fantastic. Now I've got a feeling that this set is gonna be a big buy  ;D

Offline patchythepirate2

Re: [IC] Mint Chocolate SA - Vote on Massdrop! - 3/4th there!
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 23:24:18 »
Anything new?

Offline seville57

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 11:25:05 »
Vote on Massdrop! https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Mint-Chocolate-SA

Voted, but I don't like the dark brown chocolate caps.

It is too dark.

This light brown caps are lookin better.

This was a keycaps set I found on Aliexpress and order this set with this coffee set.

But both set where out of stock.

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 September 2015, 11:35:47 by seville57 »

Offline just66in

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 10:16:23 »
Hi Voltasalt. Any further progress with your set? Looking at the rate SA profile sets are being "booked", SP will take awhile for production.

Offline Zorox

• Tactile FTW <3
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 18:56:58 »
As a big fan of After Eight, I would definitely buy this, nice ideas and combination of colors, and great novelties :D :Chomp: :Nom:

Offline Voltasalt

Re: [IC] Mint Chocolate SA - Vote on Massdrop! - We did it!
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 17:25:52 »
Merged Specialty and Super Specialty, inlined ISO kit and added Mono Legends

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 17:27:03 »
This set will be up on massdrop soon(TM). A few months perhaps?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 19:06:01 »
Oh man this looks so good.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 19:10:24 »
This set will be up on massdrop soonTM. A few months perhaps?

Have they talked to you?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 10:39:18 »

This set will be up on massdrop soon(TM). A few months perhaps?

Cool I'm down for a set and some novelties.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 11:20:35 »
Looking very good.  Thanks for Euro/ISO support :)

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 01:43:47 »
What are the extra space bar sizes? Are they 6U and 7U?

Offline csnickba

• Gateron fanboy and topre lover.
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 02:16:35 »
I'm probably a little late, but is this actually happening on Massdrop? Pretty interested in it, and am definitely gonna buy it when it's released.

Offline Vlie

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 08:10:35 »
SASASA!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 August 2016, 08:12:33 by Vlie »

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 08:42:03 »
Wasn't a fan of The Amazing Chocolatier, but I can get behind this!

Offline nicx

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 11:40:36 »
Very yummy!