Author Topic: [IC] DSA Forare (Sept 29: Updated Novelty Ideas)  (Read 21292 times)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
[IC] DSA Forare (Sept 29: Updated Novelty Ideas)
« on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 06:38:13 »
I really tried to make GMK Vines, but I realized that the colors don't exactly work with N9, or many others. Green is simply hard to compliment with Red & other mute tones such as grey and black in my opinion. Maybe it's just my aesthetic though.

Anyways, here is DSA Forare.

Note. This is not a poker set. This is just an example. I will be working on a full set with compatibility. this set will be made in DSA.

Color Codes
YCC = Alphas Keycap Color (Same as Penumbra iirc)
YCE = Mods Legend

Background

We're all about nostalgia these days. As we get older, we realize how lacking contemporary TV/gaming culture currently is. There haven't been any great characters created that can fight the likeness of famous characters such as Pikachu, Mario, and many more. In fact, these characters are always seeing their games being renewed with new consoles entering the market.

Today, I find myself purchasing old toys that I used to own. Treasures such as Blue Version & Red Version are such classics, and owning it again brings back the days of my personal childhood. Personally, I'm happy to say that I still own Ocarina of Time & the N64 so I'm happy to be presenting this colorway.

Here, I present to you... DSA Forare. Inspired by my favorite Hero of Hyrule, Link the bearer of the Spirit of the Hero. Over the years, we've seen many iterations of Link come up. For this keyset, I will be focused on the classic, the best pot smashing game there is, Ocarina of Time. I will be hinting a little at toon link, but I'll try to keep them separate.

My main challenge while choosing the colors was how much I wanted to hint at Link's original character design. I only chose the colors, and put it on a 60%, but you can bet that there will be more hints of brown, and some hints of red.

DSA Tron (old)

More

Background

Originally inspired by TRON colors, I sought out to make a set with darker modifiers. I was growing a little tired of how every set had light alphas (grey or white). I tried a few designs out, and then eventually just passed the project aside. After making Hydro, I went back to this set to try to complete it and this is what I came up with. While I didn't achieve my initial goal, I think I came out with something that I find to be the "Tron Dolch" or "Keyclack Set". After finishing my color selection, I realized that these colors have been a part of my logo since I started my website.

The Set ; Unpolished

This uses the GMK Hydro KLE but with changed colors.

If this ever goes into GB, or anything, kits will be consolidated into universal packs. Sorting will be done by SP.

Colors

KLE

Isn't that Dolch?

Funny you should say that. After putting it together and sending it a few people to look over... within seconds I realized that I was looking at Dolch. I looked at the Miami Dolch DSA thread, and was happy to see that the colored mods are not the (exactly) same.

Why post an IC?

Seeing as I'm nearly complete with finalizing GMK Hydro, I went back to this set and made a second stab at it. The purpose of posting this IC is not with the intent of making it happen, but to put here as a project that I might taken on after GMK Hydro finishes the payment phase. I also like having a place to document my ideas. Plus, I hope this inspires someone else to make a keyset. A LOT of cool stuff has been coming out recently :)

Novelty Sketches

Simple Novelties

Complex Novelties

Google Form

https://goo.gl/forms/a0h97heUkVoi0WGJ2

« Last Edit: Thu, 29 September 2016, 18:51:33 by jchan94 »
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
Re: [IC] DSA Keyclack (Tron) Dolch
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 06:44:30 »
1st! Very interesting combinations  :thumb:
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 07:24:36 »
I like the colors, can you put the blue mod set with the yellow alphas though? :rolleyes:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 08:41:00 »
I REALLY like the yellow version - the Miami Dolch is a set I'm extremely interested in which I will definitely be buying and I feel this one could compliment perfectly.

Lots of cool ideas and stuff coming out Joseph!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 13:41:09 »
I like the colors, can you put the blue mod set with the yellow alphas though? :rolleyes:

That's the the idea at least. Gotta work on the child kits sometimes, but it would start out with alphas, and mod kits.

I REALLY like the yellow version - the Miami Dolch is a set I'm extremely interested in which I will definitely be buying and I feel this one could compliment perfectly.

Glad you like it! Really digging the yellow personally.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 August 2016, 14:04:45 by jchan94 »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 02:07:41 »

That's the the idea at least. Gotta work on the child kits sometimes, but it would start out with alphas, and mod kits.

Glad you like it! Really digging the yellow personally.

With the really high similarity of Tron set to Evangs DSA Lightcycle, I decided to scrap the project :P.

Here's another colorway I had planned: DSA Forare.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 August 2016, 02:09:24 by jchan94 »

Offline Giorgio

Re: [IC] DSA Forare (sorry GMK Vines)
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 05:45:05 »
So, is this for a pok3r or for a full set?

A pok3r set, about 60 keys made by GMK instead of SP, iso plus ansi, could cost... 50 bucks? Deal.

Offline tomboy

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 06:23:51 »
I had a similar idea a while back (inspired by Zelda):

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 08:16:52 »
With the really high similarity of Tron set to Evangs DSA Lightcycle, I decided to scrap the project :P.

Here's another colorway I had planned: DSA Forare.

That's a shame, though it is understandable and I can see why people would see the blue one as too similar to Evan's LightCycle set. I'm hoping you revisit the yellow version eventually though, at some point, as it is quite unique and the only yellow set I've liked thus far - do you think that'd be a possibility?

That said, Legend of Zelda games are my favourite ones (I like Wind Waker even more than I like Ocarina of Time!), the new Forare concept is super cool and it looks great too. Still interested!

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 22:19:08 »

Show Image

I need a Zelda Keyset  in my life!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 22:22:33 »
I'm excited to see some novelties. I was messing round with a Zelda set a few weeks ago and played around with hylian language as the alphas. I think this could be amazing

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 22:39:45 »
I'm excited to see some novelties. I was messing round with a Zelda set a few weeks ago and played around with hylian language as the alphas. I think this could be amazing

Literally willing to auction off a kidney if Hylian alphas happen for this or any other LOZ themed set. For real though.

How can you not want that on your keyboard. None of that casual stuff either with doubleshot (triple shot?) Hylian + Latin legends or front/back shot, na, just straight up Hylian would be the Grail. Could make it a different (non-standard/child) set if it were to be less popular than standard Latin, I bet a lot of us nerds would be all over that.

I need it, Joseph. I need it.  :-X

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 23:58:43 »

Working a lot of sketches atm. Definitely trying to incorporate some of our favorites: Deku Tree, Pots, a weapons pack, and of course, Nav!

Literally willing to auction off a kidney if Hylian alphas happen for this or any other LOZ themed set. For real though.

Show Image

How can you not want that on your keyboard. None of that casual stuff either with doubleshot (triple shot?) Hylian + Latin legends or front/back shot, na, just straight up Hylian would be the Grail. Could make it a different (non-standard/child) set if it were to be less popular than standard Latin, I bet a lot of us nerds would be all over that.

This is a great idea! I'll look at this a little more. I'll look at this a little more and see how Elven granite was made.

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 05:50:10 »

Working a lot of sketches atm. Definitely trying to incorporate some of our favorites: Deku Tree, Pots, a weapons pack, and of course, Nav!

Show Image

This is a great idea! I'll look at this a little more. I'll look at this a little more and see how Elven granite was made.
Please do!! Because if that happens this is an instant buy for me. That would put this keyset over all other Keysets for me

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 05:51:56 »

Show Image

Exactly what I was thinking!!! If I could get some Hylian alphas this would be my top keyset for sure. It'd be an instant buy

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 05:56:59 »

Show Image

I think Nav as the Esc in the top left is pretty much perfect. And I can't wait to see novelties. I needs me that master sword and Hylian shield!

Offline pwade3

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 08:21:43 »
Oh my.

Definitely interested to see how novelties and such play out.

Hylian alphas would be awesome.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:08:54 »

Thank you for considering it! I wish more sets used custom alphabets like the Elven Granite, grey doesn't really appeal to me (more of a colour kinda guy when it comes to keyboards) but the legends were awesome.

So many cool novelties can be made for such a set too, there are so many Legend of Zelda games at this point that on top of the standard iconic stuff like Navi, Master Sword, bombs and all that there can also be game specific ones - the Ocarina from OOT, the Mask from MM, the King of Red Lions boat from Wind Waker, the Deku Tree, etc.

This is rapidly becoming the most interesting key set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 September 2016, 20:19:09 by Vigrith »

Offline pwade3

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:11:50 »

Thank you for considering it! I wish more sets used custom alphabets like the Elven Granite, I didn't particularly like the colour scheme of that one because the granite doesn't really appeal to me (more of a colour kinda guy when it comes to keyboards) but the legends were awesome.

So many cool novelties can be made for such a set too, there are so many Legend of Zelda games at this point that on top of the standard iconic stuff like Navi, Master Sword, bombs and all that there can also be game specific ones - the Ocarina from OOT, the Mask from MM, the King of Red Lions boat from Wind Waker, the Deku Tree, etc.

I think you gotta be careful with novelties though, AFAIK, SP plays it very safe about not printing things that are copyrighted.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:29:25 »
I think you gotta be careful with novelties though, AFAIK, SP plays it very safe about not printing things that are copyrighted.

Oh yea, I have no idea how copyright is handled in these situations but you're right, some of that is probably going to be a no go - was just throwing out random ideas without really giving that much thought.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:39:07 »

Oh yea, I have no idea how copyright is handled in these situations but you're right, some of that is probably going to be a no go - was just throwing out random ideas without really giving that much thought.

Yeah, I get ya. There's massive potential for some dope novelties when it comes to Zelda, that's for sure!

Wonder if anyone's gone about approaching Nintendo in the past for this sort of thing. I assume GMK Hydro's novelties are abstract enough to avoid it.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 12:16:35 »

Thank you for considering it! I wish more sets used custom alphabets like the Elven Granite, I didn't particularly like the colour scheme of that one because the granite doesn't really appeal to me (more of a colour kinda guy when it comes to keyboards) but the legends were awesome.

Most definitely. Check out the old hydro novelties, and the shift that it made.  Some branding things such as the triforce are a little more difficult, but things such as basic weapons and shapes such as a bow n arrow / pots should be fine.  There aren't too many direct images that correlate directly with link, and I would definitely check with SP since they are the manufacturer.  If they don't believe in it, then I'd remake the designs.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 12:28:59 »
Most definitely. Check out the old hydro novelties, and the shift that it made.  Some branding things such as the triforce are a little more difficult, but things such as basic weapons and shapes such as a bow n arrow / pots should be fine.  There aren't too many direct images that correlate directly with link, and I would definitely check with SP since they are the manufacturer.  If they don't believe in it, then I'd remake the designs.

Did you attempt to get any clearance at all with the original novelties? Or did you just go for the redesign to avoid the hassle?

Offline IneffableTao

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 13:41:40 »
Another vote for the Hylian alphas!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 13:57:40 »

Did you attempt to get any clearance at all with the original novelties? Or did you just go for the redesign to avoid the hassle?

Haha after talking to GMK and SP, they said that the novelties are way too close to the Squirtle designs, so I just decided to redesign the whole thing.

On top of that, the requirements for the designs were a lot different than I expected, and my lines were way too thin, or refined.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 14:34:59 »

Show Image

Granite was dye-sub, which I think means that a novelty font like Elven was easier to accomplish (no custom molds needed for novelties).

Hylian would be a gorgeous child set. My Elven set is my favorite keyset and I think Hylian has that same elegant look (but in a slightly more useful form factor).

Too bad we can't get an Unown keyset from Pokemon due to copyright restrictions. That would be one of my dream keysets.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 14:43:51 »

Show Image

Granite was dye-sub, which I think means that a novelty font like Elven was easier to accomplish (no custom molds needed for novelties).

Hylian would be a gorgeous child set. My Elven set is my favorite keyset and I think Hylian has that same elegant look (but in a slightly more useful form factor).

Too bad we can't get an Unown keyset from Pokemon due to copyright restrictions. That would be one of my dream keysets.

Wow! Unknown would be a great set, but yeah, I think that the designs would resemble Unknown too much... I mean their hieroglyphs are sharp, but the pokemon shape are very curvy so going both ways might run into IP issues.

As far as granite goes, I definitely think it would be possible to do that then! I'll message SP about it and check it out because Hylian would be great to see on this finalized set.

I just got to work a little more on the overall design, and the novelties :P.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 15:13:05 »
Wow! Unknown would be a great set, but yeah, I think that the designs would resemble Unknown too much... I mean their hieroglyphs are sharp, but the pokemon shape are very curvy so going both ways might run into IP issues.

As far as granite goes, I definitely think it would be possible to do that then! I'll message SP about it and check it out because Hylian would be great to see on this finalized set.

I just got to work a little more on the overall design, and the novelties :P.

That'd be very cool, let us know when SP gets back to you and good luck with the novelties haha

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 23:18:02 »
Came across this and got even more excited for this keyset! http://www.themarysue.com/studio-ghibli-zelda/

Offline IneffableTao

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 12:50:37 »
If you're interested I actually have those merged onto a single wallpaper image here: http://imgur.com/a/1vNe9

To be clear, not my art, just my compilations.  Full credit to redditor u/Cesarek13 and Matt Vince whose work you linked above.

Offline Axiomatik

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 15:31:01 »
Can this be one of the novelties?

-Axiomatik

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 17:32:03 »
I think it'd be pretty badass to have a novelty for each of the games. Ocarina, mask, boat... Could even have epona! So many possibilities for novelties!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 01:02:40 »

Show Image

Makes me think of Pied Piper...weird.

edit:

oh, it was a pied piper. gg.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 September 2016, 09:27:58 by jchan94 »

Offline pwade3

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 05:57:57 »
I think it'd be pretty badass to have a novelty for each of the games. Ocarina, mask, boat... Could even have epona! So many possibilities for novelties!

Yeah, with the amount of options there are and the way the Hydro novelties look, I'm looking forward to seeing what jchan shows us!

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 06:18:20 »

Show Image

baguette
flute
joke

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 13:47:51 »
Wow, just saw this. Green and beige/brown usually are not my favorite colors combined, but making it LoZ-themed makes me instantly interested.  :p

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 17:26:46 »
Wow, just saw this. Green and beige/brown usually are not my favorite colors combined, but making it LoZ-themed makes me instantly interested.  :p
Same. Didn't think I'd want a green and beige keyset but it works with the Zelda theme.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 18:25:23 »

Hmm, I think the brown will be BR1, but the alphas should be the same as Penumbra base color.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 03:34:52 »
Great job, I know this will look nice w/ my yellow cased AMJ40. I'm definitely looking forward to this GB.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 20:21:15 »
Was just skimming through Massdrop and came across the R4 Granite with Elven legends again, it made me sad that I missed it all over again. You need to cure us all Joseph, bring forth the Hylian alphas before I cry.  :-*

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 20:23:24 »
Was just skimming through Massdrop and came across the R4 Granite with Elven legends again, it made me sad that I missed it all over again. You need to cure us all Joseph, bring forth the Hylian alphas before I cry.  :-*
Yes yes y e s

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 05:50:16 »
Yes yes y e s

Still need to work on this, but I pushed out some novelty ideas today <3

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [IC] DSA Forare (Sept 26: Added Novelty Ideas)
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 10:37:25 »
Nice work on the novelties.  Man, I don't know which i like best.  When I think of Zelda/Link i usually think of the heart, the sword, rupees, and maybe the potion bottle?

I'm cool with DSA, but if these were in SA I would easily spend up to $200 for them.  Again, nice work.  I hope these become a reality.  I'm in it to win it if they are.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:09:30 »
Still need to work on this, but I pushed out some novelty ideas today <3

Loving the novelties! Here's hoping copyright doesn't go too crazy, I'm assuming stuff like the Ocarina, Navi and Mastersword/Triforce (though no triforce in your sketches I know, just wishful thinking haha) might be a little bit hard to sneak by but the remainder should all be generic enough to be acceptable I think. I especially like the shields, Navi and the slingshot but they're all great!

Hopefully you have some more time on your hands after Hydro dealings calm down (congrats on its success by the way!), I've been holding off on a DSA set because of the potential this has, glad you found the time for a small update amidst everything you have going on. <3

Offline Fibonacci_Jones

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 23:13:22 »
Liking the colors on this one as well as dsa. Will be watching and hope it comes to production.

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 01:05:35 »
This is such a great idea, and the colors are awesome. So many ways this could go and there is tons of material for novelties. Maybe if this gets enough hype a Zora or Goron tunic could make their way in.
Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline Fibonacci_Jones

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 19:15:06 »

Show Image

Straight Hylian would be amazing.

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 22:24:24 »
Oh! We need a "listen!" key somewhere, perhaps on a novelty enter.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 04:04:24 »

Made some new simple novelties :)

Offline Calmfixup

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 10:31:48 »
Whaaaat...those Hylian alphas! Even if you can't go that direction and the novelties end up pretty non-specific Zelda theme, I still dig the colorway!

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 17:45:55 »
Loving those novelties and if we could get the hylian alphas that'd be great!

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 18:37:19 »
zelda novelties would be awesome beyond the standard triforce
Hi :)

Offline JDragon

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 18:38:20 »
Simple novelties look great too!

I hope this set happens; I'll make it hit MOQ myself.

(Joking... maybe not)

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 13:49:06 »

Made some new simple novelties :)

These are great. I especially like the Navi, deku stick, swords, shields, bow, and the bottle.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: [IC] DSA Forare (Sept 29: Updated Novelty Ideas)
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 15:17:44 »
I would so be in for this set if it becomes a reality in any form! :eek: The straight Hylian would be amazing if it were possible but even if not I'm still loving this idea! :thumb:

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 00:20:41 »

Show Image

Oooooo I actually like this one too. I love the green alphas on this and the beige alphas on the first post in here. I'd love to see those novelties actually on the keys and some kits!

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 14:57:33 »
With the emergence of the new XDA profile keycaps, would it be more feasible to get this done with that? I saw that the XDA had lots of different alpha legends including elven, Star Wars, river people(?), and more.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 15:02:29 »
MFW this thread gets bumped. Every time.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 17:46:17 »
With the emergence of the new XDA profile keycaps, would it be more feasible to get this done with that? I saw that the XDA had lots of different alpha legends including elven, Star Wars, river people(?), and more.

Definitely a consideration to be made when trying to make this happen. Colors will have to be changed however because of dye sub / pbt limitations.

Offline aikilink

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 21:22:44 »
Definitely would be interested here! Maybe get a second set for my Planck as well, if possible... :-)

Offline arcsay

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 18:05:07 »
Would you happen to have an update on the Jchan?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 02:58:28 »
Would you happen to have an update on the Jchan?

Soon. I'm actually updating this right now as we speak with something special.

More news TBA... maybe in a week or so ?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 08:15:39 »
Soon. I'm actually updating this right now as we speak with something special.

More news TBA... maybe in a week or so ?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 01:48:23 »
Is it named Forare and not actually Farore because of name licensing issues? Hahaha

Also, this looks interesting! I'd personally go for complex novelties simply because I am a huge LoZ fan, and I think complex novelties fit better with the OoT theme. If it were inspired by ALttP, for instance, simple novelties would be better.

This will be a perfect addition to my already too-large Zelda collection...
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 February 2017, 01:50:44 by LightningXI »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 18:36:28 »
Great, I'm a sucker for green keycap sets!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Offline arcsay

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 13:09:18 »
Any updates jchan?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 13:15:54 »
Any updates jchan?

He's been keeping busy with Muted and Pyro as of recently, I'm fairly sure he has something up his sleeve for after the GB period for those 2 is done!

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 13:58:37 »
Shame he was too busy this month since Breath of the Wild likely would have generated more hype than usual for the GB.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 14:38:01 »
Shame he was too busy this month since Breath of the Wild likely would have generated more hype than usual for the GB.

Good point, though with DSA being quite accessible pricing/production time-wise I'd imagine this may see enough success either way; plus JC tends to be quite willing to take on extras by himself to sell on Keyclack at later times so meeting MOQ should still be reasonably easy!

I'm hoping, anyway!

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 01:11:24 »
just curious where this at? i had no idea this was here, and started a [feedback] post on r/mk for hylian font set. in fact, i wasnt even thinking about mass production, BUT after i posted my dye sub alphas people went nutz and i started toying around with the idea, so whats the status and what is the final colorway you are using? don't want to step on any toes, so thats why im reaching out here.
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 13:12:54 »
You didn't forget about this did you, jchan?  We NEED this colorway