Author Topic: [IC] Time TKL (updated photos of the prototype on Oct 25 )  (Read 79976 times)

Offline senter

• * Maker
Re: [IC] Time TKL (updated photos of the prototype on Oct 21 )
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 21:09:47 »
Depending on declaration value, the customs fees might be a bit lower. I recall that my Fox Orange purchase wasn't taxed very heavily.

Yes, I won't make it that clear here, but no worries, taxes won't be a big problem according to our prior experiences. I'll make sure you pay as low as possible in every way.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 21:11:30 »
The general rule for EU taxes (VAT [value added tax]), is that it's 20%. So a $400 item becomes has $80 VAT.

Thanks for the info

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 21:47:28 »
Just curious but will it be cheaper to get a aluminum weight vs the brass weight? Perhaps that could be a point of saving for some of us on the fence. 

Offline avid

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 22:03:21 »
Just curious but will it be cheaper to get a aluminum weight vs the brass weight? Perhaps that could be a point of saving for some of us on the fence.

It should be the machine time rather then the material cost that adds up the price of the weight, thus a alu weight instead wouldn't be much cheaper.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 22:26:27 »

It should be the machine time rather then the material cost that adds up the price of the weight, thus a alu weight instead wouldn't be much cheaper.

brass machine time is more expensive than alu

i suspect the given price is the price with alu weight
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 23:00:47 »

brass machine time is more expensive than alu

i suspect the given price is the price with alu weight

Dang ok! I might still end up getting it regardless. I really really want this board I even given up buying several other things I want in plans for it.. I just yea it be expensive but!! most likely couldn't buy much else for a while but it might totally be worth it. I guess I could save some money by doing the soldering my self but I worry. My KBD75 went together smoothly but that was like 220 dollars vs the 500 this things could cost... choices choices! Though I do know this is end game type board. I guess gotta wait and check out prices.. I was really hoping for closer to 400 dollars total.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 14:13:13 »
Hi guys, I mentioned last Sunday that GB will start this week but things changed a little bit and we're not gonna start GB until next week.

You know normally people can start the GB first then figure things out in the process. For example, I can start the GB before the PCBs are fully tested, or even before the final design is determined. However, this is not the way we do it this Time. The early prototype will be sent to a reputable keyboard expert in the US for reviewing this week. Then we'll start the GB more confidently.

Please not that this change won't affect the time you will receive Time. We have a schedule for the manufacturing and everything is going well so far. We will start doing something before the GB closes to make sure a short lead time.

I'm really sorry for the change.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 14:31:16 »
Hi guys, I mentioned last Sunday that GB will start this week but things changed a little bit and we're not gonna start GB until next week.

You know normally people can start the GB first then figure things out in the process. For example, I can start the GB before the PCBs are fully tested, or even before the final design is determined. However, this is not the way we do it this Time. The early prototype will be sent to a reputable keyboard expert in the US for reviewing this week. Then we'll start the GB more confidently.

Please not that this change won't affect the time you will receive Time. We have a schedule for the manufacturing and everything is going well so far. We will start doing something before the GB closes to make sure a short lead time.

Don't be sorry cause you decided to do extra quality testing. I drop 500 bucks on a keyboard I will expect perfection. Thats what you doing making sure things are perfect.. its better to get these sorta issues out of the way now instead of waiting mid buy then having to delay shipments. The longer this takes to hit the better I think.. more time to save up. Don't be sorry for having to delay hopefully everything goes smoothly. I am glad your having the board tested by someone else also.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 14:44:45 »

Don't be sorry cause you decided to do extra quality testing. I drop 500 bucks on a keyboard I will expect perfection. Thats what you doing making sure things are perfect.. its better to get these sorta issues out of the way now instead of waiting mid buy then having to delay shipments. The longer this takes to hit the better I think.. more time to save up. Don't be sorry for having to delay hopefully everything goes smoothly. I am glad your having the board tested by someone else also.

Thank you. I feel sorry because I'm not gonna keep my words about the starting date of GB, even the purpose is good. Many people are sick of such delays. That's what we intended to avoid.

We got a lot of experiences from the last GB so hopefully this Time GB will go more smoothly.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 14:49:50 »
The update is much appreciated, senter!  Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 17:08:17 »

Thank you. I feel sorry because I'm not gonna keep my words about the starting date of GB, even the purpose is good. Many people are sick of such delays. That's what we intended to avoid.

We got a lot of experiences from the last GB so hopefully this Time GB will go more smoothly.
Delaying a gb for quality testing is nothing to be sorry for.  In fact it is a sign of good faith in my opinion.  You guys have done a nice job

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 05:14:46 »
is it puddsy LUL
I love Elzy

Offline senter

• * Maker
Re: [IC] Time TKL (updated photos of the prototype on Oct 25 )
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 08:43:26 »
Here are photos of prototype:

« Last Edit: Wed, 25 October 2017, 09:30:13 by senter »

Offline Data

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 09:38:18 »
Superlative.

Offline klove4252

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 10:42:47 »
I really love the design. Great work!

Offline avid

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 10:44:41 »
Finish on this is amazing. Cant wait to see what colors that will be offered.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 11:50:52 »
It looks incredible

Offline nurupism

« Reply #267 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 18:54:59 »
Will there be a bit more clearance in the bottom half of the case for switch legs compared to the Fox Orange? I'm trying to use Holtite sockets for hotswap, but they are shorting because they hit the bottom of the case.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 19:15:26 »
3rd pic nice af
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #269 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 23:03:14 »
Skip Duck JetFire for this :thumb:

Offline Createboardhk

• Createboard
« Reply #270 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 23:19:44 »
its look very meticulous, I only have one idea of this, is fall in love. I can't wait anymore!

Offline Badmotorfinger

« Reply #271 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 10:16:26 »
I'm in!

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #272 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 02:30:40 »
I just seen this and figured I would share. I guess we have final idea of the price... this board looks amazing but is priced outside my reach! so good luck everyone. https://en.zfrontier.com/products/foxlab-time

Offline BJW

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 07:52:12 »
I just seen this and figured I would share. I guess we have final idea of the price... this board looks amazing but is priced outside my reach! so good luck everyone. https://en.zfrontier.com/products/foxlab-time

Thx! I think I will purchase this beauty with the given link. I hope this TIme TKL kit' shipping is also free as it goes way over 100bucks :) I am really looking forward for this one as I think it will be my final collection!
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 October 2017, 07:53:43 by BJW »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #274 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 09:51:41 »
Collaboration with zFrontier

As many of you may know, FoxLab will be collaborating with zFrontier to organize and fulfill the GB for Time TKL. Here are several reasons why we're doing it in this way:

• The collaboration with zFrontier makes this GB more trustworthy. You know, **** happens on some GBs.
  • zFrontier is professional on organizing the order information and sorting the boards. We made mistakes before on the such things but now problems will be less possible to happen with zFrontier's help.
  • Fast shipping. If you have ever bought keyboards or keycps from zFrontier, you may know the international shipping is very fast from zFrontier. They're VIP customer of DHL and many other shipping companies, so they have the priority to ship goods very fast, faster than we used to be.
  • Better cumtomer service. With the help of zFrontier, we will provide professional after sales service for this GB.

Price

The price will be a fixed $458 with expedited free shipping. You won't be charged for PP fee or any other fees.

The board is much heavier than Orange TKL, so the price is like $400 or so for the board and rest for the international shipping from China to your country. Don't worry too much for the taxes as well.

I was trying to keep the price as low as possible in the whole process and this is the best we can do for this board. If you decide to buy it, I'm sure it will worth every penny you spend.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 October 2017, 22:06:38 by senter »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #275 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 10:03:15 »
I apologise if this has been discussed or is obvious but what is the kit inclusive of? Case, weight, plate and PCB?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #276 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 10:09:07 »
I apologise if this has been discussed or is obvious but what is the kit inclusive of? Case, weight, plate and PCB?

No need to apologies. I didn't make it clear. The following parts will be included.

• Aluminum top and bottom cases
  • Aluminum plate
  • Aluminum weights (11 parts)
  • Aluminum nameplate (The ‘TIME’ logo above the arrow keys)
  • PCB: compatible with both MX switches and ALPS switches

There will be also some accessories like neoprene damping pad, rubber feet, screwdriver, and so on.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #277 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:18:17 »

As many of you may know, FoxLab will be collaborating with zFrontier to organize and fulfill the GB for Time TKL. Here are several reasons why we're doing it in this way:

• zFrontier is professional on organizing the order information and sorting the boards. We made mistakes before on the such things but now problems will be less possible to happen with zFrontier's help.
  • Fast shipping. If you have ever bought keyboards or keycps from zFrontier, you may know the international shipping is very fast from zFrontier. They're VIP customer of DHL and many other shipping companies, so they have the priority to ship goods very fast, faster than we used to be.
  • Better cumtomer service. With the help of zFrontier, we will provide professional after sales service for this GB.

Price

The price will be a fixed $458 with expedited free shipping. You won't be charged for PP fee or any other fees.

The board is much heavier than Orange TKL, so the price is like $400 or so for the board and rest for the international shipping from China to your country. Don't worry too much for the taxes as well.

I was trying to keep the price as low as possible in the whole process and this is the best we can do for this board. If you decide to buy it, I'm sure it will worth every penny you spend.
Price is a little steep

Offline gt1989

« Reply #278 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:19:38 »
Any idea if there will be any assembly option?

Offline avid

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:25:02 »

Price

Price is a little steep

Price is approx 400 + shipping. Also no paypal fees (which usually ends up $20)

So if price was 400+20 (paypal) + shipping (40-60), which prices the board itself at 380-400.

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:56:20 »
are color options finalized as well? black sure is lookin good tho.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #281 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 14:41:49 »
I am with others its a bit to expensive for me. There is nothing wrong with that. The board is amazing and if I had the money I buy it.. but its just like a Ferrari there amazing but sadly out of my price range. Hopefully the next group buy will come in at a more easily manged price and look just as good. I will admit this would have been one of my end game boards but I was truthfully expecting a price closer to 350 with 400 out the door. The Orange was 290 so was basing my thoughts off that. I know TKL for 450 is a good deal and all that still doesn't stop the fact Ferrari might be a good deal but isn't affordable to the vast majority of people.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #282 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 14:45:49 »
How many are going to be available on this run and will there be any plans for an R2? Thanks

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #283 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 15:47:23 »

No need to apologies. I didn't make it clear. The following parts will be included.

• Aluminum plate

There will be also some accessories like neoprene damping pad, rubber feet, screwdriver, and so on.

Will brass still be an option for weight and plate?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #284 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 21:42:19 »
Any idea if there will be any assembly option?

Since zfrontier will be our proxy to sell the kits, there'll be no assembly services.

If you're in CONUS and really can't handle the soldering by yourself, I might be able to do it for you. You'll need to pay a CONUS shipping though.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #285 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 21:45:52 »

There will be 7 or 8 color options for the top and bottom cases. You will see later next week.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #286 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 21:54:29 »
I am with others its a bit to expensive for me. There is nothing wrong with that. The board is amazing and if I had the money I buy it.. but its just like a Ferrari there amazing but sadly out of my price range. Hopefully the next group buy will come in at a more easily manged price and look just as good. I will admit this would have been one of my end game boards but I was truthfully expecting a price closer to 350 with 400 out the door. The Orange was 290 so was basing my thoughts off that. I know TKL for 450 is a good deal and all that still doesn't stop the fact Ferrari might be a good deal but isn't affordable to the vast majority of people.

Thank you for your interest. Please read my clarification here and avid's response here

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #287 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 22:02:05 »
How many are going to be available on this run and will there be any plans for an R2? Thanks

It's not a limited buy.

Limited buy makes the board increases value after the GB.

We're not doing it in this way because we have the ability to make as many boards as you can buy.

We haven't thought about R2 currently because we always want to try new thing rather than old.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #288 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 22:02:49 »

• Aluminum plate

There will be an option for brass weight, but not plate.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #289 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 00:32:35 »
cutting out 11 intricate pieces of aluminum isn't cheap lol

it's a nice board but I have something else I wanna buy right now. hoping one day you'll make a 60% with this design
I love Elzy

Offline Bizpit

« Reply #290 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 05:50:54 »

There will be 7 or 8 color options for the top and bottom cases. You will see later next week.

Super keen to find out what the colours are.

If a dark purple or rose gold is an option I will die happy.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
[IC] Time TKL (updated photos of the prototype on Oct 25 )
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:20:48 »
I’m a huge mechanical watch nut but unfortunately this is dropping at the wrong time. No pun intended. There are a few other boards and keys sets I am interested in at the moment so hopefully this can be run again at some point so I can add it to the collection!

I think the price is fantastic for what your getting.

Good luck with the group buy!
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 11:31:01 »
cutting out 11 intricate pieces of aluminum isn't cheap lol

it's a nice board but I have something else I wanna buy right now. hoping one day you'll make a 60% with this design

Thank you for your interest and comments since the very beginning. Hope you will like whatever you're gonna buy.

Offline Trente

« Reply #293 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 15:16:25 »

• Aluminum plate

Would switch plate support Alps switch also?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 15:25:10 »

• Aluminum plate

Would switch plate support Alps switch also?

There will be three types of plates. Alps plate is one of them.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 23:24:54 »
Will there still be a “founder’s edition” for Orange TKL buyers?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 23:54:10 »
Hello!

Sorry, don't know if this has been mentioned:

Will it be possible to get the TIME insert in the same color as the case?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #297 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 04:56:19 »

Don't worry too much for the taxes as well.

Can you explain?  You mean that they included the custom fees payment with the shipping of DHL (yeah DHL does that if you pay more)
Otherwise i don't understand why we shouldn't worry, with a fast math should be around $150 custom fees, more or less same for other EU people.   
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 October 2017, 05:07:55 by KaosJ »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 07:49:04 »
Will there still be a “founder’s edition” for Orange TKL buyers?

Yes

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #299 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 07:51:37 »
Hello!

Sorry, don't know if this has been mentioned:

Will it be possible to get the TIME insert in the same color as the case?

It's possible, but only in limited colors. You'll see the options later this week.