Author Topic: [IC] LightSaver V2 Round 2  (Read 221891 times)

Offline E3E

Re: [IC] LightSaver V2 Round 2
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:02:27 »
no matter what duck project next..
will it be lightsaver or octagon
i will make sure im not miss it..  ;D

any update about next project  :)

I'm with you on that. Whatever comes out, I'm buying it, twice.

I don't know about twice, but I definitely can't pass up my favorite keyboard's second iteration. Likely with all of the bottom options.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #401 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 17:37:04 »
i'm still not sold on the led indicators. maybe if they're spaced further apart

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #402 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:23:07 »
i'm still not sold on the led indicators. maybe if they're spaced further apart

Show Image

so the case seperated bottom and top..
in the middle is acrylic like in orion V2...
IM SOLD! :p

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #403 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 19:23:01 »

edit: there are two keyboards that I've bought two of,
one was LSv1
one was TBA, you'll see them all very soon. ;)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #404 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:22:20 »
Show Image

one was LSv1

Lightsaver v3, count me in! The octagon looks really good but I'm not that big of fan of 75% layouts.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline E3E

« Reply #405 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 02:12:48 »
Show Image

one was LSv1

Lightsaver v3, count me in! The octagon looks really good but I'm not that big of fan of 75% layouts.

I love seeing everyone's preferences, haha.

The Lightsaver and Orion are great looking designs, but I'm not a fan of either layout. The Lightsaver looks amazing, but is impractical for me as I prefer standalone num pads. The Orion looks really neat and I've built one for someone already, so I've gotten to see one in the flesh, and they are really nice, but TKL just isn't my layout.

The Octagon is the one true board for me, I'd say. :P

I'm surprised the Eagle/Viper isn't getting an update! Oh well, fine by me! Since I have two Eagle PCBs I plan on using for my hotswappable Alps builds. Now I don't have to worry about feeling out of date for quite a while. :PP

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #406 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 03:49:13 »
Show Image

one was LSv1

I love seeing everyone's preferences, haha.

The Lightsaver and Orion are great looking designs, but I'm not a fan of either layout. The Lightsaver looks amazing, but is impractical for me as I prefer standalone num pads. The Orion looks really neat and I've built one for someone already, so I've gotten to see one in the flesh, and they are really nice, but TKL just isn't my layout.

The Octagon is the one true board for me, I'd say. :P

I'm surprised the Eagle/Viper isn't getting an update! Oh well, fine by me! Since I have two Eagle PCBs I plan on using for my hotswappable Alps builds. Now I don't have to worry about feeling out of date for quite a while. :PP

i vote octagon too (75%)
compact had arrow keys thats what i really like about 75%
cant wait for next duck board  :thumb:

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #407 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 11:35:48 »
Lightsaver lightsaver LIGHTSAVER.  :b
It's so hard to get this layout right now. If I wanted a 75% I can easily find a KBT Race or Keycool 84, but a lightsaver is what my jimmies are truly tremulous for.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #408 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 11:51:45 »
It's so hard to get this layout right now. If I wanted a 75% I can easily find a KBT Race or Keycool 84, but a lightsaver is what my jimmies are truly tremulous for.

Sure you could buy a KBT Race or Keycool 84 but the quality doesn't even come close, that is whats so special about kustoms. :)
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline E3E

« Reply #409 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:31:13 »

Eh, I don't really care about what's hard to get. I care more about what's optimal for me, lol. I will admit that I'm not a fan of OEM anything aside from old vintages, so customs or DIY is all I go for.

Your priorities are your own though, whether its out of rarity or practicality or some mixture of the two. The Lightsaver is lovely aesthetically, but number pads that are sutured to the board whether left or right handed seem silly to me. Especially right handed numb pads. Just my opinion though. :)

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #410 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:40:06 »
i hope i can get one :D

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #411 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 13:13:01 »
Sure you could buy a KBT Race or Keycool 84 but the quality doesn't even come close, that is whats so special about kustoms. :)
No doubt! But at least the option is there to try the 75% layout if you wanted to. And it is a very useful layout that deserves good custom builds. :)

Eh, I don't really care about what's hard to get. I care more about what's optimal for me, lol. I will admit that I'm not a fan of OEM anything aside from old vintages, so customs or DIY is all I go for.

Your priorities are your own though, whether its out of rarity or practicality or some mixture of the two. The Lightsaver is lovely aesthetically, but number pads that are sutured to the board whether left or right handed seem silly to me. Especially right handed numb pads. Just my opinion though. :)

I do a sizable amount of number entry, to the point that I have my USB numpad next to my 60% all the time when I'm working, which sort of betrays the nature of the Pure's existence on my desk. :P I just want to be able to try out this grafted form factor so badly, but my options are slim.

Offline E3E

« Reply #412 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:11:08 »
No doubt! But at least the option is there to try the 75% layout if you wanted to. And it is a very useful layout that deserves good custom builds. :)

I do a sizable amount of number entry, to the point that I have my USB numpad next to my 60% all the time when I'm working, which sort of betrays the nature of the Pure's existence on my desk. :P I just want to be able to try out this grafted form factor so badly, but my options are slim.

Haha. I can sympathize. The Lightsaver is actually what first turned my attention toward customs to begin with, so I do have a lot of respect for it! It's a gorgeous board with an unusual yet captivating layout, but after I got past being awestruck by so many amazing boards, I ended up figuring that practicality is my utmost concern for now. I figured out that TKL and 96 key or 1800 layouts aren't the best for me. They are cool though. :)

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #413 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 18:04:38 »
Sorry I know this thread is older than my mom but has anybody heard ANYTHING?
It always seems little LS was always the next board in the production line. First after Orion 2, then after octagon 2, now I've seen the blackbird renders which frankly do not interest me even nearly as much as LS2. I'm starting to loose hope that these will happen again.

I've PMed elton and wrote Duck an email personally. Last time (about 7 months ago) he replied after a few days to say that LS was planned but 'not right now', that was during Orion v2 AFAIK
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 March 2016, 18:06:24 by Pieminister »

Offline ArnavM

• Student of Metaphysics
« Reply #414 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 22:00:41 »
Sorry I know this thread is older than my mom

Well ok then
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #415 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 22:29:12 »
Sorry I know this thread is older than my mom but has anybody heard ANYTHING?
It always seems little LS was always the next board in the production line. First after Orion 2, then after octagon 2, now I've seen the blackbird renders which frankly do not interest me even nearly as much as LS2. I'm starting to loose hope that these will happen again.

I've PMed elton and wrote Duck an email personally. Last time (about 7 months ago) he replied after a few days to say that LS was planned but 'not right now', that was during Orion v2 AFAIK

FYI octagon v2 is not completed yet..
and octagon v2 its split in 2 round production, 60 orders with 30 board in 1st round and then the next 30 board in 2nd round.
so if i should guess, octagon will finished in around september-october or maybe november?..
and you know duck new project blackbird.
so we still uncertain which one will run next, is it blackbird or lightsaver v3.
but i bet blackbird will run next after octagon. so no lightsaver this year.
thats why im better go with ZZ96. its better than nothing. :thumb:

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #416 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 21:33:23 »
Any chance the this can have ALPS support like Orion v2? Imagine Lightsaver v3 with SKCM Blues :D