Author Topic: [GB] SA Retro [Closed]  (Read 527891 times)

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
Re: [GB] SA Retro
« Reply #900 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 21:46:09 »
Still no mail, anxiety will kill me :P
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #901 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 23:29:06 »
I feel like a billion people are ahead of me lol.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #902 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 00:03:00 »

Only way to get ahead of the cue is to be Cody's B1TCH  8) .

You have to spend time cleaning his place spotless, clean and polish his car, pay all his bills for several weeks then maybe you'll get a chance to jump this long queue that extends half way around the world.

Do all that or become an extremely patient and virtuous like a spring bride, waiting for her inevitable Wedding Day  ;) .

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #903 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 12:13:45 »
Hmmmm I'm not sure which is the better option. I better start making flow charts and a power point of pro/cons.

Offline Baxter

• They do not know it, but they are doing it.
    • http://www.darklightweb.co.uk
« Reply #904 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 15:24:38 »

Only way to get ahead of the cue is to be Cody's B1TCH  8) .

You have to spend time cleaning his place spotless, clean...

oo-er.

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #905 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 21:11:09 »
Any chance to get an ETA for the shipping?  :P  (yeah well, I waiting for this and my topre pbt space bars for months :P)
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #906 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 22:26:05 »
MY ORDER SHIPPED <3 U BOO
Zealio Master Race

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #907 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 22:35:01 »
<333

Just packed about 40 orders. :) Theyll be dropped off at the post office in the morning.

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #908 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 22:43:40 »
How many of those things you got left Cody?

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #909 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 05:23:30 »
I received a tracking number last night. Thanks Cody!

Offline bubbedi

« Reply #910 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 06:03:43 »
I presume I was among the initial 20 of this groub buy, since this message is crafted by caps this buy is all about. SA RETRO ARRIVED!!

My first SA experience, so right now I am basically just smiling and understanding what the SA-fuzz is all about. Holy cow it's a delight!

Regarding the design itself, you guys just HAVE to see this baby with your own eyes - so I won't share any pictures.
I am extremely happy with the result and I'm certain I won't be the only one.
Thanks matt3o and ctrlalt.io for making this happen, my birthday is this friday but man does it feel like today.

1 thing went wrong tho, but surely no game-breaker for the majority of this buy:

The colemak + dvorak kit has the row 3 backspace meaning to replace the capslock. The size is off I'm afraid (same size as the R1 backspace).
For me it doesn't matter, but maybe somebody valued this alot.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #911 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 06:47:30 »
I presume I was among the initial 20 of this groub buy, since this message is crafted by caps this buy is all about. SA RETRO ARRIVED!!

My first SA experience, so right now I am basically just smiling and understanding what the SA-fuzz is all about. Holy cow it's a delight!

Regarding the design itself, you guys just HAVE to see this baby with your own eyes - so I won't share any pictures.
I am extremely happy with the result and I'm certain I won't be the only one.

That is what every first timer says when he or she receives their VERY FIRST SA profiled key-set  8) .

Another thing of note photos can never capture any form of REALITY when you see these for the first time with your own baby blues.  It's like an epiphany of sorts and the joy comes later because you suddenly realize that you have something that very few people have on the surface of this planet......Perfection Personified for any Mechanical Keyboard.

Still in this game because I can never get bored or weary when it comes to acquiring ever more key-caps.  Owning more SA Profiles is like an addiction, in which too much is never enough  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 September 2015, 06:58:26 by Elrick »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #912 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 08:27:13 »
...  Owning more SA Profiles is like an addiction, in which too much is never enough  :thumb: .

Preach it, brother! SA is where it's at! I also just can't stop buying these SA sets....
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #913 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:15:54 »
I just got mine and filled one of the Leopolds we have in our showroom. I will just put this right here:

This is my first time owning SA profile keycaps, and they are better than I imagined. Thanks to Matt3o, BunnyLake, and codyeatworld for making this happen. If I had one complaint, it would be the 'G' key seems just a tad out of place, and I am not sure why or what it is. Maybe you can see it in the picture?

These keycaps are definitely worth every farthing, my only regret is that I didn't pick up the Burgundy NumPad set...so if anyone has one, or if there are extras please PM me.  ;D

(mic drop)
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #914 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:20:18 »
More
I just got mine and filled one of the Leopolds we have in our showroom. I will just put this right here:

Show Image

This is my first time owning SA profile keycaps, and they are better than I imagined. Thanks to Matt3o, BunnyLake, and codyeatworld for making this happen. If I had one complaint, it would be the 'G' key seems just a tad out of place, and I am not sure why or what it is. Maybe you can see it in the picture?

These keycaps are definitely worth every farthing, my only regret is that I didn't pick up the Burgundy NumPad set...so if anyone has one, or if there are extras please PM me.  ;D

(mic drop)
Looks great ! I am starting to think I should have gone with burgundy instead of True Retro with PETSCII. I can not wait for my set to arrive, I am sure it'll look good!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #915 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:23:04 »

Show Image

(mic drop)

I would never have noticed it, but the "G" looks slightly elevated than the other letters, and maybe even a bit smaller in font.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #916 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:31:31 »

Show Image

(mic drop)

I would never have noticed it, but the "G" looks slightly elevated than the other letters, and maybe even a bit smaller in font.

...and it was brought to my attention that the C is a little wonky.

I still love the set!

Offline blastoid

« Reply #917 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:33:03 »

Show Image

(mic drop)
I think SP's QC isn't as picky as we may like. I've definitely noticed that some of my DSA Dolch keys have legends that are ever-so-slightly off-center.

Offline harlw

« Reply #918 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:40:40 »

Show Image

(mic drop)

Looks amazing. I think i need to drive over to your office and pick up one of those Leopolds "lying around." :D
I realized the other day I'm only 30mins from you guys.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #919 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:44:07 »

Show Image

(mic drop)

Looks amazing. I think i need to drive over to your office and pick up one of those Leopolds "lying around." :D
I realized the other day I'm only 30mins from you guys.

I was wondering when you would realize...I knew from your orders from the Fallout stuffs, but didn't say nuthin'

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #920 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:46:16 »
Is it that important to have Row 4 shifts? They are so close to the right tilt, but it doesn't really bother me. If you all make up a petition, I would sign it, but I ain't waging this war...

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #921 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:48:11 »
Is it that important to have Row 4 shifts? They are so close to the right tilt, but it doesn't really bother me. If you all make up a petition, I would sign it, but I ain't waging this war...

this is a community composed of people that pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for doubleshot keysets each year... I wouldn't doubt that quite a few people are pedantic about it

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #922 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:57:01 »

Show Image

(mic drop)

That's the exact set I ordered, and I'm super stoked for it to arrive.

Question though: Does anybody else's ctrlalt.io order say "unpaid"?

I'm worried there might be a complication with my order, even though my PayPal records show that I definitely paid for it.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #923 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:57:46 »

Show Image

(mic drop)

glad to see they are arriving

once a few more pics show up, we shall see if they all have the issue or if its just your set, if its just you, ill get the odd keys replaced, if its everyone, ill speak to sp and see what if anything they can do for us
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #924 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:00:19 »

this is a community composed of people that pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for doubleshot keysets each year... I wouldn't doubt that quite a few people are pedantic about it

I agree, and would second any motion toward getting SP to create the molds for the betterment of all. I just don't want to lead the charge

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #925 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:00:53 »

Show Image

(mic drop)

That's the exact set I ordered, and I'm super stoked for it to arrive.

Question though: Does anybody else's ctrlalt.io order say "unpaid"?

Show Image

I'm worried there might be a complication with my order, even though my PayPal records show that I definitely paid for it.

no complication, essentially i just missed updating it on the site but i spoke to cody about that very order this morning

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #926 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:06:49 »

Show Image

(mic drop)

glad to see they are arriving

once a few more pics show up, we shall see if they all have the issue or if its just your set, if its just you, ill get the odd keys replaced, if its everyone, ill speak to sp and see what if anything they can do for us

I hope its just an isolated situation, fo sho.

Thanks, Bunny

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #927 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:10:36 »
no complication, essentially i just missed updating it on the site but i spoke to cody about that very order this morning

<3 Thank you Mr Bunny, you are a legend

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #928 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:42:55 »
1 thing went wrong tho, but surely no game-breaker for the majority of this buy:

The colemak + dvorak kit has the row 3 backspace meaning to replace the capslock. The size is off I'm afraid (same size as the R1 backspace).

That's unfortunate. I had planned on using it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #929 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:43:54 »

That's unfortunate. I had planned on using it.

Every time I see your username, I giggle. I don't know why.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #930 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:44:00 »

That't unfortunate. I had planned on using it.

if its a mistake on sps end they have always been very good at fixing that sort of thing

matteo did the proofs for this buy form sp i believe so itll be easy to check on what we requested

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #931 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:51:16 »
I was confused on my order as well, is it one or two?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #932 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:53:25 »
Btw, I love the cool swag. Just didn't want to give the surprise away...very cool indeed. Thanks!

Offline blastoid

« Reply #933 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:55:33 »
Btw, I love the cool swag. Just didn't want to give the surprise away...very cool indeed. Thanks!

Tomorrow, you are too far away!!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #934 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:58:02 »
Not going to wait until the last day to order next time! So jealous of all the already shipped orders, can not wait to see more pics!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #935 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:02:05 »

Hehe, I'm in the process of raising that banner along with a few other set designers. It's a battle worth fighting IMHO, since they've been promised since PuLSE was in the design stages and we're still being fed the same "they're being made, but we don't know when they'll be done" line. It's the final piece of the "full contour" puzzle for SA sets, so they match all other types of contoured sets.

I've become quite used to Row 3 Shifts on my two most-used sets (Penumbra and Hack'd by Geeks), but I really do want Row 4 ones. Penumbra is surprisingly nice to use even with its 1-2-3-3-3-4 profile.

If we don't get a result from our current line of attack (diplomatic, we won't be antagonistic, respectful yet direct, we don't want to damage relationships between them and the community), we'll start a thread and open it up to designers (and possibly also the general public) to sign a petition so we can show the community is behind us.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:09:33 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #936 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:06:31 »
<333

Just packed about 40 orders. :) Theyll be dropped off at the post office in the morning.

Mine is ON ITS WAY. GHA. Can't wait. :D  And since my minila don't use the F row, I'm seriously researching a new TKL... ;D

Offline blastoid

« Reply #937 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 14:51:39 »
On a semi-related note, I just got this in my email:

http://i.imgur.com/A1O4Bjc.png

from customerservice@solutionsinplastic.com... I may have Modern Selectric within a day or two of SA Retro!!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 September 2015, 14:58:20 by blastoid »

Offline Dog

• Bark
« Reply #938 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 16:40:57 »
Hoping they'll all be shipped soon.

Offline loktar

« Reply #939 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 20:34:55 »
I was confused on my order as well, is it one or two?

This actually happened to me, which has me a bit worried even though when it happened I spoke with them about it they said they were doing some site updates and it would be sorted. Money still came out as well.

Freaks me out that it says processing still rather than paid.

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #940 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 02:18:24 »

Show Image

(mic drop)
As a precursor I promise I'm not being a smart ass, looking at the photo it seems like they just added the"G" tail to the "C" legend which makes it look tighter together or a more compact legend compared to the spacing of the neighboring legends. Kinda like doing one letter in 11.5 between a 12 font.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #941 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 03:02:41 »
As a precursor I promise I'm not being a smart ass, looking at the photo it seems like they just added the"G" tail to the "C" legend which makes it look tighter together or a more compact legend compared to the spacing of the neighboring legends. Kinda like doing one letter in 11.5 between a 12 font.

Don't ever worry about being a "Smart-Arse" because if you personally noticed something that everyone else has missed, far better to air it than to be quiet.

If anything is wrong with the font used in the molding of these key-sets then Melissa has to be told as soon as possible.  SP will always correct their mistake if there was one committed.

Offline blastoid

« Reply #942 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 09:45:38 »
Those three magic words.

OUT FOR DELIVERY.

Offline Data

« Reply #943 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 10:25:05 »
Those three magic words.

OUT FOR DELIVERY.

I know those feels.   :cool:

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #944 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 10:55:30 »

Show Image

(mic drop)

This is simply beautiful!

But dagnabit! Why'd you have to point out the "G". I measured on my Penumbra set and the G is indeed not positioned in the middle, it's a hair higher on the cap. It's 0.3mm above centre, so it's 3.4mm from the top edge, 4mm from the bottom. However, most of the other letters are 3.55 from the top, 3.85 from the bottom, so they're also a bit above centre (by around 0.15mm), but the G is just that tiny bit more raised. Doesn't bother me, actually, just as the "SHIF T" doesn't either. Or the "AL T" or the "C TRL" or the "ME TA". They add "character" IMHO. A little more off and they'd probably start to bother me, though. Could be a way to spot a "Genuine" SA set in the future... hehe...

All the legends are the same height, though, including the C and G.

All measurements were taken on the Penumbra set, but I'm pretty sure my Retros will be the same.

Can't wait for these to arrive! (and Jukebox and Carbon and my Zealios and... really should learn to have a bit more restraint...)
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #945 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 11:17:41 »
Hey wait... are these PBT or ABS? Or has that been answered already?

Offline Phirr

• If you don't work you die.
« Reply #946 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 11:40:04 »
ABS, basically all SA profile are ABS.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #947 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 11:55:51 »
The hour approaches! Tracking page says it's been delivered. :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #948 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 11:57:28 »
The hour approaches! Tracking page says it's been delivered. :D

great sir, hope you like it

mine got sent out yesterday, so i have a bit of a wait to see it myself

Offline blastoid

« Reply #949 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 12:59:31 »

A few more shots

Board is a Ducky G2 Pro.

Sorry for the shallow DOF, not much light in here. I'll try to set up some lighting and get some good shots later.