Author Topic: [IC] Keykobo Tidal (Kitting and verifying vendors)  (Read 42615 times)

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
Re: [IC] Infinikey Tidal (Kit Reveal)
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 19:15:06 »
Redacted
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2023, 13:38:19 by Mcnos »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 15:12:06 »
Replacing Menu for Fn and adding Menu to add-on

Great choice 🙌 And thanks for adding R3 1.75u Function, and having R3 \|, R4 <> ISO keys in base. This is looking up to be the best kitting we've seen in an Infinikey set thus far.

Just wondering, what's that darker blue ⭠ in the base kit for?

If you see something that spots your eye, be sure to let me know.

The UK R4 key should have a full pipe (\|), not a broken one (\¦). If you look at the ISO-UK layout, the broken pipe is located as a tertiary legend on the `¬ key, but since Tidal doesn't have sublegends, it's not necessary. Either way, the R4 key should be \|. This change applies to both the add-on and mono kits.

Are the regular F, J and num 5 keys barred or are they non-homing? I'm assuming they would be barred, but they aren't labeled as such in the kit image.

Since a white R1 Esc key is included in the base kit, I believe the one in the mono kit is unnecessary and can be removed. I think the same applies to the R2 and R3 white Esc keys, since they're included in the add-on kit.

Finally, consider adding white accent arrow keys, either to base or the add-on kit. You may want to move the accent Insert to add-on as well, since I'm not sure how many people would use that key (small layouts are more popular than ≥TKLs).
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2020, 15:16:36 by konstantin »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 18:11:08 »
Replacing Menu for Fn and adding Menu to add-on

Great choice 🙌 And thanks for adding R3 1.75u Function, and having R3 \|, R4 <> ISO keys in base. This is looking up to be the best kitting we've seen in an Infinikey set thus far.

Just wondering, what's that darker blue ⭠ in the base kit for?

If you see something that spots your eye, be sure to let me know.

The UK R4 key should have a full pipe (\|), not a broken one (\¦). If you look at the ISO-UK layout, the broken pipe is located as a tertiary legend on the `¬ key, but since Tidal doesn't have sublegends, it's not necessary. Either way, the R4 key should be \|. This change applies to both the add-on and mono kits.

Are the regular F, J and num 5 keys barred or are they non-homing? I'm assuming they would be barred, but they aren't labeled as such in the kit image.

Since a white R1 Esc key is included in the base kit, I believe the one in the mono kit is unnecessary and can be removed. I think the same applies to the R2 and R3 white Esc keys, since they're included in the add-on kit.

Finally, consider adding white accent arrow keys, either to base or the add-on kit. You may want to move the accent Insert to add-on as well, since I'm not sure how many people would use that key (small layouts are more popular than ≥TKLs).

The dark left arrow key is for my personal agenda, I like to use arrows on the hhkb, sue me.

Since I've addressed it several times to different people in DMs, the white accents in the mono kit are a different legend color.

F, J and Num 5 keys are scooped / barred. Both will be included

I was going for the standard UK layout for (\¦) but it seems standard isn't the popular choice. I'll have it updated with (\|)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 18:20:55 »
The dark left arrow key is for my personal agenda, I like to use arrows on the hhkb, sue me.

Ah, I thought that's what it might be, cool. Thanks for clarification on that and the other points.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
Re: [IC] Infinikey Tidal (Kit work)
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 16:40:07 »
I've had to revise the colors a bit from the RAL I picked out to Pantone,

The colors have varied a bit but the concept stays the same.

Obvious disclaimer - colors will not be accurate to what shows on photo

Colors are more matte and a shade darker in person.

Also kits will be for the most part finalized unless I spot an issue.

More renders will come in time
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 June 2020, 12:30:51 by Mcnos »

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
Re: [IC] Infinikey Tidal (Kit & Color Updates)
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 23:56:54 »
Any way to get the Mac keys align with the gradient?

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 03:29:32 »

Ah yes,

I seem to have forgotten that. What's the most common/popular Mac layout look like?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 07:05:56 »

Good catch! Gotta say, you do a better job than most customer support people :D

I seem to have forgotten that. What's the most common/popular Mac layout look like?

The most common Mac layouts are:
  • 1.25u Ctrl1.25u Option1.25u Cmd6.25u Space1.25u Cmd1.25u Option1.25u Fn1.25u Ctrl
    • In this case, one 1.25u Option and one 1.25u Cmd would need to be the second-to-darkest blue (same color as 1.25u Code, 1.25u Alt in base); the other two stay the lightest color.
  • (1.5u Control) – 1u Opt1.5u Command7u Space1.5u Command1u Opt – (1.5u Control/Function)
    • In this case, one 1u Opt and one 1.5u Command would need to be the second-to-darkest blue (same color as 1u Code, 1.5u Alt in base); the other two stay the lightest color.
  • 1.5u Option isn't commonly used afaik. It would be better to drop one of them and replace the other with a 1.5u Function in the lightest color.
    • I think a light 1.5u Function is more useful than the dark 1.5u Function in general, not just for Mac, so it should be included either way.
    • Another reason to drop the 1.5u Options is that there are already 1.5u Alts in the base kit, and the terms Option and Alt are interchangeable in the Mac world.

Edit: added colors for clarity
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2020, 07:38:25 by konstantin »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 18:28:14 »

The most common Mac layouts are:
  • 1.25u Ctrl – 1.25u Option – 1.25u Cmd – 6.25u Space – 1.25u Cmd – 1.25u Option – 1.25u Fn – 1.25u Ctrl
    • In this case, one 1.25u Option and one 1.25u Cmd would need to be the second-to-darkest blue (same color as 1.25u Code, 1.25u Alt in base); the other two stay the lightest color.
  • (1.5u Control) – 1u Opt – 1.5u Command – 7u Space – 1.5u Command – 1u Opt – (1.5u Control/Function)
    • In this case, one 1u Opt and one 1.5u Command would need to be the second-to-darkest blue (same color as 1u Code, 1.5u Alt in base); the other two stay the lightest color.
  • 1.5u Option isn't commonly used afaik. It would be better to drop one of them and replace the other with a 1.5u Function in the lightest color.
    • I think a light 1.5u Function is more useful than the dark 1.5u Function in general, not just for Mac, so it should be included either way.
    • Another reason to drop the 1.5u Options is that there are already 1.5u Alts in the base kit, and the terms Option and Alt are interchangeable in the Mac world.

Edit: added colors for clarity

I'm going to leave the 1.5 Option for symmetry purposes, also there is a 1.5 function already in the kit, I had it in the wrong color after examination.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 02:11:02 »
I'm going to leave the 1.5 Option for symmetry purposes, also there is a 1.5 function already in the kit, I had it in the wrong color after examination.

Show Image

Looks good.

Presumably the right 1.25u Shift is for 40% boards? Consider also including a left (darkest) 1.75u Shift, also for 40s. See this reference image. The add-on kit currently includes everything except for that key.

Also, I'm not sure if the R2 2u Backspace is useful for anything (Minivan uses 1.75u). I think you can remove it.
Correction, R2 2u Backspace is used on TKC's new Candybar keyboard, so it should not be removed!
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2020, 11:47:26 by konstantin »

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 19:33:49 »

Lol I never thought using my IRC nick would have been this popular on here. I do what I can, especially when it pertains to a kit I'd buy haha

Show Image

Yeah, that looks good.

Offline hotnoodle666

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 11:29:09 »
I'm here regarding Infinikey. Take a look at the link below (Zfrontier CN). It is folks' photo of the Infinikey green keysets run in April. It looks very bad quality for the price. Also, people in that post mentioned that Infinikeys was formed by a company called "Wuming" which seems have bad reputation within the community in China. I really love this keysets but I don't want this kind of quality. I normally just browse IC section without registering but in order to bring this up, I just registered an account and dropped this message here. But I don't know too much on keyboards/keysets yet probably you guys know much more. Would love to hear some thoughts/comments regarding Infinikey.

https://www.zfrontier.com/app/flow/4Zy1JYxyKn37

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 11:31:48 »
I'm here regarding Infinikey. Take a look at the link below (Zfrontier CN). It is folks' photo of the Infinikey green keysets run in April. It looks very bad quality for the price. Also, people in that post mentioned that Infinikeys was formed by a company called "Wuming" which seems have bad reputation within the community in China. I really love this keysets but I don't want this kind of quality. I normally just browse IC section without registering but in order to bring this up, I just registered an account and dropped this message here. But I don't know too much on keyboards/keysets yet probably you guys know much more. Would love to hear some thoughts/comments regarding Infinikey.

https://www.zfrontier.com/app/flow/4Zy1JYxyKn37

There are three really bad photos posted online. Quit fear-mongering. The truth is we don’t know anything about the quality of the grζn set right now. This isn’t IFK’s first rodeo. If there are quality issues, I imagine the community will rally around having that addressed.

Offline hotnoodle666

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 11:37:18 »
I don't know why an honest question becomes fear-mongering but thanks for the information.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 11:41:59 »
I don't know why an honest question becomes fear-mongering but thanks for the information.

You didn’t ask a question. You made a statement, “ It looks very bad quality for the price.”

All we know about the quality is three really awful pictures posted online. Surely you are entitled to your opinion, but by registering an account JUST to post this make it seem like you are intentionally spreading some anxiety to the backers of this GB when we know virtually nothing.

It’s possible the set comes out poor. But making pointed statements on three low quality photos is specious at best.

Further, you are potentially compromising this IC with potential misinformation.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2020, 11:44:37 by DrHigsby »

Offline hotnoodle666

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 12:01:31 »

You didn’t ask a question. You made a statement, “ It looks very bad quality for the price.”

All we know about the quality is three really awful pictures posted online. Surely you are entitled to your opinion, but by registering an account JUST to post this make it seem like you are intentionally spreading some anxiety to the backers of this GB when we know virtually nothing.

It’s possible the set comes out poor. But making pointed statements on three low quality photos is specious at best.

Further, you are potentially compromising this IC with potential misinformation.

So to start with, I like this designer's work. I bought Kat Arctic and I would want to buy tidal. I have nothing against this GB, designer and folks who like this keyset. If these comments cause any anxiety or negative impact I am more than happy to take those off right now. I want this keyset but I have concerns on quality after reading that post and I wanted to hear some thoughts and feedback. I saw a post with bad photos and I also said people mentioned bad reputation of the company. I surely cannot go back months to build some reputation for this account an I laid out the facts that I just registered the account just to drop the comment. I believe for those folks who are in this community longer know how to judge this kind of information like you.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 12:47:43 »

So to start with, I like this designer's work. I bought Kat Arctic and I would want to buy tidal. I have nothing against this GB, designer and folks who like this keyset. If these comments cause any anxiety or negative impact I am more than happy to take those off right now. I want this keyset but I have concerns on quality after reading that post and I wanted to hear some thoughts and feedback. I saw a post with bad photos and I also said people mentioned bad reputation of the company. I surely cannot go back months to build some reputation for this account an I laid out the facts that I just registered the account just to drop the comment. I believe for those folks who are in this community longer know how to judge this kind of information like you.

Hi there,

To dispell your concerns over quality and color matching. I will receive a sample prior to production and GB so that will be the deciding factor. I would not judge a set based on one off photos.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 12:53:21 »
Gradient blue and PBT, count me in :)

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 12:55:58 »

Hi there,

To dispell your concerns over quality and color matching. I will receive a sample prior to production and GB so that will be the deciding factor. I would not judge a set based on one off photos.

Thanks Mcnos!

Offline hotnoodle666

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 14:13:55 »

Hi there,

That'll be super helpful. Thank you.

Offline Stev!e

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 03:53:53 »
The naming coupled with the concept you have is genius. I really like this concept. Personally, I would maybe intensify the contrast in colors just a hair, as I had to look really closely before realizing what was going on.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
Re: [IC] Infinikey Tidal (Awaiting sample and GB)
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 08:14:18 »
I'm in the process of moving and I have no clue where I put my camera, please accept the potato photos for now.

Colors are not finalized yet but I wanted to give this a bit of a bump

Offline Havattack

Re: [IC] Infinikey Tidal (Samples In)
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 13:23:42 »
I think some kind of neon blue legends instead of white would be SO much better.

Offline Titom11

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 21:53:14 »
Samples look great!

Offline hotnoodle666

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 22:46:34 »
Looking good! Seems more blue than the render?

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 21:05:00 »
Looking good! Seems more blue than the render?

Hoping to get a second sample going

Offline Havattack

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 14:59:45 »
It's probably just the light/pic quality but the colors seem way to similar, the left side just looks like it's got some shadows on it, not that there's actually a different color there. Just the same color, but slightly darker.. Like those cheap gradients on amazon.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 10:43:23 »
It's probably just the light/pic quality but the colors seem way to similar, the left side just looks like it's got some shadows on it, not that there's actually a different color there. Just the same color, but slightly darker.. Like those cheap gradients on amazon.

It's a different color, I should mention that it is a gradient.

Offline kiwoli

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 00:33:53 »
If you have chance for more photos, would love to see it on a white board.

Saturation on the 2377 sample looks a little low while the 2160 sample looks a little high, but could definitely just be lighting/camera settings. Still following this and would love a set.

Offline dibkib

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 11:37:39 »
Any update on this?

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 16:36:14 »
is it possible to add 3u spaces

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
Re: [IC] Keykobo Tidal (Pending)
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 04 August 2023, 13:33:45 »