Author Topic: [IC] MUSO - Creator 1.0 keybaoard  (Read 13408 times)

Offline Muso

• Owner of Muso Design
[IC] MUSO - Creator 1.0 keybaoard
« on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 07:13:50 »
MUSO Design

March 4th update:
The Creator series is now on sold on our website in very limited quantities.
We are also creating a Kickstarter for our second batch!

Jan 19 update:
We asked our manufacturing partners to give us updates and progress images. Here are some images on the Creator keyboard midway in production!
The keyboards will still have to be sand blasted and anodized into the right color. So far we are on schedule to hit the mid February launch date!

260028-0
260030-1
260032-2
260034-3

We are also offering a discount and free shipping for the Creator 1.0 to everyone who pre-orders the keyboard!

link: https://muso.design/products/creator-1-0

Hi everyone!

I am a product designer looking to start my own brand of keyboards which focused on users who uses the computer a lot!

Many creators spend most of their time working in front of computers and keyboards are the main peripheral that connects you to the machine.

MUSO was created so I can bring the perks and qualities of the custom keyboards to a larger audience.

We aim to design long lasting premium mechanical keyboards with professional aesthetics for all types of users!

There is a Instagram page I created with the most recent updates but I would need to ask the moderators if I can share it here.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/C8ZcQw74SM

Creator 1.0
Please check out our first design the creator 1.0 keyboard!

258354-4

256415-5

256417-6

256419-7

256421-8

258350-9

258352-10

258346-11

258348-12

The creator keyboards follows minimal yet distinctive aesthetics for different user bases.

Made entirely by CNC, the creator keyboard will be milled out from blocks of aluminum.

The keyboard is made with a two part construction which allows for a contrast of materials and different color combinations down the line.

It also features mounts that are compatible with 60% PCBs out in the market!

When it is launched there will be different options to choose from ranging from parts to DIY kits to a fully assembled keyboard!

Keyboard Color options
Here are the color combinations available for your choosing on the fully assembled kit!

TYPE A
258334-13

TYPE B
258336-14

TYPE C
258356-15

TYPE D
258340-16

We plan on creating our own keycaps along the way. (We are still finding a manufacture for keycaps so at launch we will first offer the keyboard in other available keycap sets first)

MUSO Keycap
We are currently working on finding the right manufacture for the muso keycap.
Please stay tuned for more updates!

256423-17

UPDATES
-The design has been sent to the manufacture for sampling and will be ready soon. (11/24/20)

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 March 2021, 04:26:01 by Muso »

Offline fcoury

Re: [IC] MUSO - Creator 1.0 keybaoard
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 07:14:53 »
I would love if you offered a version without the arrows, either standard ANSI or WKL/Tsangan bottom :)

Offline arkze

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 07:19:55 »
From the description I thought it would feature function keys and macro keys but it turned out to be a 60%. What kind of creators did you have in mind?

Offline Rossman360

• Montsinger
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 07:35:35 »
I like the shape and the name, and I'm glad it supports common PCBs

Offline Muso

• Owner of Muso Design
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 07:53:19 »
I would love if you offered a version without the arrows, either standard ANSI or WKL/Tsangan bottom :)

We shall consider this option down the line!

From the description I thought it would feature function keys and macro keys but it turned out to be a 60%. What kind of creators did you have in mind?

We want to adhere to all content creators such as artist, designers, musicians, programmers etc...
At this stage we are mostly focused on creating the right aesthetics for these users. We chose the 60% keyboard layout to start off because it offers the most utility while maintaining a small profile.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 09:53:24 »
Based on the renders, it appears as though it should take any standard 60% plate and pcb that support tray mount.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 11:53:55 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2020, 23:04:08 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 13:17:14 »
So aftermarket pok3r tray cases are cool and all, but I would really like to see the two middle standoffs be optional. Klippe/Grid600 handled it well by making it so you can screw them out. I think that feature alone elevates a basic tray case to an exceptional one.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 15:17:22 »
4 point tray please
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Freeaboo

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 12:53:20 »

We shall consider this option down the line!

We want to adhere to all content creators such as artist, designers, musicians, programmers etc...
At this stage we are mostly focused on creating the right aesthetics for these users. We chose the 60% keyboard layout to start off because it offers the most utility while maintaining a small profile.
I can appreciate the want to make an aesthetically pleasing board, but most "creators" are going to be concerned with function over form.

I recommend revisiting your layout to make your design actually bring something to the table for "creators" rather than just being a stylish and pretty Pok3r. This will likely require an entirely new PCB, but that's because without a macro pad or multiple layers a Pok3r is not of much use to most "creators". Common features that would be of use include rotary encoders, macro keys, and QMK/VIA support.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline gilbert

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 09:06:41 »
reserved
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline Yahhuy212

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 09:09:12 »
reserved

Offline Tatcursio

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 21:18:22 »
Discord link is broken. Please send a new one.

Offline Ko6a

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 09:42:07 »
this is more like cheating on the site free shipping worldwide, promise to create products a month after the end of GB, the first product is a designer nightmare, and the second is a complex CNC sub-product, How does the site eliminate suspicious GB?

Offline juliandoucette

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 11:20:53 »
1. Why tray mount? (people seem to like other mounting systems more)
2. Why plate mount stabs? (people seem to like screw in stabs more)
3. Why should someone buy the Creator 1.0 instead of a GK64? (an aluminum GK64 seems to be better value)

Offline Muso

• Owner of Muso Design
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 08:11:45 »
this is more like cheating on the site free shipping worldwide, promise to create products a month after the end of GB, the first product is a designer nightmare, and the second is a complex CNC sub-product, How does the site eliminate suspicious GB?

Hi Ko6a! Muso is a genuine company that aims to deliver quality designed keyboards to everyone! We are now directly manufacturing a limited quantity of the creator keyboard so there will not be a GB. We are sorry for any uncertainty caused. Right now our ETA for the actual release to be around FEB 2021. There will only be 40 available worldwide and we will not rerun the creator 1.0 keyboard again so go pre-order yours now! Please stay tuned for more updates!

1. Why tray mount? (people seem to like other mounting systems more)
2. Why plate mount stabs? (people seem to like screw in stabs more)
3. Why should someone buy the Creator 1.0 instead of a GK64? (an aluminum GK64 seems to be better value)

Hi!
1. Muso as a brand will want to appeal to all type of keyboard users! For our first few products we would like to focus on compatibility. Further down the line we will develop other mounting solutions!
2. Since the keys are hot-swappable, we have decided that its best for shipping to use a mounting plate since keys will not be soldered directly on the PCB hence the plate mount stabs. We will keep screw in stabs in mind for later iterations!
3. The creator keybaord is a very complex CNC product which focuses on aesthetics and quality instead of value! Our goal for the creator keyboard is to design the most exotic and premium keyboard we can for users who wants something different. 

Offline Ko6a

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 15:49:43 »
if you were selling your yellow board with kyecaps like in your screenshot, I would buy it instantly, and so sorry, but now it's depressing
the yellow board will remain my windows desktop, this design work surprised me
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 January 2021, 18:26:43 by Ko6a »

Offline Muso

• Owner of Muso Design
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 20:58:12 »
if you were selling your yellow board with kycaps like in your screenshot, I would buy it instantly, and so sorry, but now it's depressing
the yellow board will remain my windows desktop, this design work surprised me

We appreciate your support! We hope that you will find a keyboard that you like in our future iterations!