Author Topic: [IC] Halokeys Elemental 75 | Extremely modular 75%  (Read 1565 times)

Offline shamit05

[IC] Halokeys Elemental 75 | Extremely modular 75%
« on: Mon, 31 July 2023, 21:32:21 »
Render Gallery

Actual Images

Halokeys Website

Discord

Form to help me gauge interest

Hi everyone, I'm back with a huge update on the Halokeys Elemental 75. I've been working hard on this project for a while and have acquired more resources to ensure that it has an extremely smooth launch. It'll be sold on halokeys.com and in a Group Buy format.

The profits of this group buy will be used towards advancing STEM Education and the development of AI for keyboards. Scroll to the bottom to read more.

Here is a rundown of all the features that will be available with the keyboard:

The Design:

The design boasts a beautiful center piece available in a high polished finish. The case is machined out of 6061 aluminum while both the center piece and knob are made using high quality brass, providing extra weight to the stylish keyboard. It features a unique t-shaped back that allows for a subtle, but bright under-glow that actually radiates from underneath the keyboard.

The Bezels:

The keyboard features a seamless .25u bezel by utilizing a 1.5u right shift. This allows continuity while bringing a cleaner design through different blocked sections.

The Knob:

A gorgeous highlight to the keyboard, the knob controls a push-button rotary encoder, so you get three extra functions in place of one. The knob is designed to feel easy to use while providing a unique aesthetic. It is available in the same finishes as the center piece.

The Mounting:

After large request, I've revamped the internals to make the plate "gasket mounted". It features poron gaskets around the entire board to provide a uniform and isolated typing experience.

The Plate:

The plate features multiple "flex cuts" which are specifically placed to help isolate the specific clusters. In combination with the gasket mounting, the flex cuts help bring relief to each keystroke and give a unique typing experience.

The PCB:

The PCB brings a unique and powerful experience for the savviest of keyboard users. It is powered by a STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M4 core MCU. Stocked with extra EEPROM for realtime key-map configuration, it is future proofed for external modules. The board provides pinouts as well as SPI and i2C (Quicc) JST Connectors for expandability.

The Modules:

Halokeys Modules are plug and play modules that can work anywhere on your keyboard. Currently, the OLED Module will available at launch, with many more (such as extra rotary encoders, touchpads, joysticks, etc) coming soon. Additionally, you can create your modules and share them with the community.

Additional Specs:

6.5 degree typing angle

Custom PCB

Top and Bottom Piece: Aluminum 6061

Center "Accent" Piece and Knob: Aluminum 6061, Brass

RGB Lighting Piece: Polycarbonate

Plate: Brass

Layouts:

The keyboard boasts many layouts as well as ISO/ANSI support, which allows you to take full control of your board. Both the hotswap and soldered version support ANSI/ISO.

Price: $300+.
MOQ: 50

If MOQ isn't met, the group buy may be held open for longer, or cancelled. If cancelled, all orders will be refunded.

You can contact me through the halokeys website, discord, or reddit if you have any questions!

The Mission:

As a student myself, my goal is to use the part of the profits of this group buy to fund a STEM Education program I've been working on: Halokeys ENRICH. We ran a pilot program this summer in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the results were absolutely phenomenal. I will update this post with an article about the pilot soon. I encourage anyone to take a look and read more about my mission meanwhile, and if they are interested in contributing in any way, please reach out to me at shamit.surana@halokeys.com.

Additionally, I am currently doing research in the application of Graph Neural Networks (GNNs) for Microstructure Crack Growth at UW-Milwaukee. As an AI researcher, I've observed the vast potential for applying Graph Neural Networks (GNNs) in various areas, including hardware input devices like keyboards. By leveraging AI in this market, there is a significant opportunity for major evolutionary advancements, given the community's openness to change. At Halokeys, I will use part of the profits to fund an innovative AI-driven solution that harnesses the user's keyboard interactions to gain insights into their habits across different software.

I will be completely open and transparent about the progress of both of these efforts, and a successful group buy would contribute greatly to their development.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 July 2023, 23:48:44 by shamit05 »