Author Topic: [IC] Boston, a compact 120% (open-source; RNDKBD is doing a metal GB)  (Read 183951 times)

Offline phxrbn

• tech. design. real estate.
Re: [IC] Boston, a compact 120% (updated specs, 3D-printed version pics)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:05:47 »
 :thumb:

Offline dunskivuli

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 13:51:49 »
I am so excited by this board, looks amazing. Been hunting for a full size custom for far too long.

Offline EikoMagami

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 05:19:52 »
Had to make an account to say how much i want the aluminium version of this one. its glourious!

Offline lbassett21

• Plastic and Metal Enthusiast
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 23:23:02 »
I feel like I need this board! Absolutely love the look! If there was any way to possibly get the map of Boston as on the 3D printed version, even at a cost hike, it would be so worth it. GLWIC! Can't wait to (possibly) pick one up when the time comes!

Discord: Bassett#0001 | Reddit: /u/lbassett_21 | Instagram: BassettKeebs
Current Collection:
More
Keyboards:
OTD 360 Corsa | Kira80 | FMJ 80 | Matrix 8xv2.0 | Matrix 8xv1.2og | IBM SSK 1395217 (Stock Trading)Hiney TKL One PCHiney TKL One FNF | G81-3077SAU | G81-3007SAU | G80-9039HAAUS | HHKB Pro 2 Type S | Realforce 84ubLunar 2Sord KB-101 | Percent Canoe | G80-3190HSU | Alps64Xerox 6085 Keyboard | IBM 5576-001 | IBM Model M 1390131 | IBM Industrial Model M 1394946 | IBM Model M SSK 1393691 (SABRE) | IBM Model M 1393464 | HHKB Pro Hybrid Type S | Dell AT101 | Leading Edge DC3014 | IBM Model F AT | IBM Model F122 | G80-0693 | G80-0528 | G81-3100SDU | G80-1838HPU | DAS 2 (G80-3485LWNUS-2 | Texas Instruments Keyboard (SKCM Brown) | G80-9002LBBXX

Keycaps:
ESA-3000-HASR0 | G81-3077SAU | G81-3100SAU | BMOL 5206 UP (Desko Color) | BMOL 4000 U (Desko) | GMK Solarized Penumbra | Desko Black (1/10) | GMK Beta JS | IBM APL2 w/Box 1395624

Offline dunskivuli

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 12:32:46 »
Edit: My bad! Haha

Unless I am reading it wrong, it looks like the chips are available again?

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32f072c8.html#sample-buy
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2020, 13:29:56 by dunskivuli »

Offline DekuSapling

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 13:24:52 »
@Pylon

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32f072c8.html#sample-buy

Unfortunately, those are the 64kb variant of the chips, not the 128kb that Pylon is looking to use. The earliest that I could find for the 128kb chips being restocked was 24 Nov 2020 at Mouser. Link to Chips

Offline dunskivuli

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 13:31:07 »
@Pylon

Unfortunately, those are the 64kb variant of the chips, not the 128kb that Pylon is looking to use. The earliest that I could find for the 128kb chips being restocked was 24 Nov 2020 at Mouser. Link to Chips

Ah you're right, I was digging around a few vendor sites and missed that I ended up on the wrong version on their page. Darn

Offline Pylon

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 23:01:37 »
Hey all, since it's been over two weeks since my last update:

• I put together another prototype with the newer revised PCB, which now allows the PCB to accept both QFN and QFP versions of the STM32F072 (though since that redesign the QFN version of the STM32 has also gone out of stock). This also now supports split space, though I still haven't tested that feature out yet.
254734-0
  • I'm sending out 3D-printed prototype kits this week to a couple of people to get their feedback (unfortunately I don't have many PCBs right now due to the microcontroller shortage and do not have additional prototype spots available, so please do not PM me asking for a prototype)
  • Draft build instructions are up on Github here

Stuff I still need to do:
  • Build a proto with all the alt layouts (split space, ISO, split numpad, etc.). I've done test fits with the plate and they're fine, but should also confirm that it works electrically
  • Contact PCB manufacturers (that are not JLCPCB) for quotes on the PCBs, and to see if microcontrollers are available again, especially in China. I noticed this week that Newark and Mouser restocked small amounts of STM32F072CBT6 and STM32F072CBU6, though they're now gone.
  • Get QMK configurator working so people don't have to edit text files.

For the aluminum version - the prototype has been pushed back another month, but will have anodization, which should save me from having to get additional surface-finish prototypes in the future (the manufacturer is getting an in-house anodization setup soon, and asked me if I wanted anodization in exchange for a bit longer of a wait as they get that set up)

I started a new job last month and have had less time to devote to this project than before unfortunately, so apologies for the pace things are moving at right now.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2020, 23:22:06 by Pylon »

Offline Realdrian

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 17:29:15 »
I'll take any update big or small!

really looking forward to an aluminum version.  :thumb:

Offline Damogron

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 18:37:44 »
this one one beefy boy
Alt High Profile-Holy Panda-Tribosys 3204

Offline glowcloud

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 20:57:39 »
I don't know how I've seemingly missed this. I saw the pic and it filled me with a sort of nostalgia, then saw your note about the ThinkPads and realized why. I've been getting mostly 65% boards, but I really love the look of this one! Great work!

Offline LeoneShamoth

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 22:40:48 »
Got a buddy of mine interested, will keep up to date on this.

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 14:16:42 »
Finished one of the beta units last night:

Keycaps are Susuwatari with some Row 1 SA keys to fill in the top row. I might put an extra tab key above the numpad later. The kit went together pretty smoothly. The only real issues I ran into were self inflicted. Note to self, if you are putting in under key leds, solder them in AFTER you put in the switches to make alignment easier.
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline asmashedpumpkin

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 18:55:22 »
Getting email notifications for this thread is a rollercoaster.  First, the feeling of excited anticipation at the possibility there could be an update on this board.  However more often than not, it’s just some person commenting about how they like the board or worse yet, an update on the 3D print version of it.  Nothing against that version, but I’m all about a premium aluminum version of this battleship. When I sit in front of this keeb I want to feel like I’m Homer Simpson in front of those power plant panels with all those buttons to press.

Offline Pylon

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 22:09:44 »
Getting email notifications for this thread is a rollercoaster.  First, the feeling of excited anticipation at the possibility there could be an update on this board.  However more often than not, it’s just some person commenting about how they like the board or worse yet, an update on the 3D print version of it.  Nothing against that version, but I’m all about a premium aluminum version of this battleship. When I sit in front of this keeb I want to feel like I’m Homer Simpson in front of those power plant panels with all those buttons to press.

Sorry about that. Due to various delays (both with myself and with the manufacturer I'm working with) the aluminum version kept getting pushed back, and I've been focusing on the 3D-printed version for the last couple of months. Should I separate that one out into a separate IC thread?

Offline Realdrian

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 22:56:37 »
I don't think that's necessary. I love all the updates equally.

patiently waiting

Offline asmashedpumpkin

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 23:23:57 »
Absolutely not Pylon!  You’re doing a great job, and in the end, I know whatever experience you gain or lessons learned working on the 3D print version you’ll be able to use it when you’re able to work the aluminum version again.  I just need to learn to be patient.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 00:51:36 »
  yeah...but you see, this one goes to 11    :cool:

Offline Pylon

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 02:22:14 »
Hey all - since it's been a month since my last update:

I received a batch of 25 PCBs without microcontrollers (as JLCPCB had no available stock for the past 2 months), and managed to get my hands on about 30 STM32F072CBU6 microcontrollers. I'm going to have to hand solder the microcontrollers to the boards, and have managed to do so successfully on one of the boards as a test. This batch of boards will form the basis for Round 1 for the 3D-printed version, which will unfortunately be on the small side (I'm expecting to be able to offer 15-20 spots, depending on how many working PCBs I get out of this batch). GB will be done old school, through Google Forms and Paypal. Spots will be allocated via a mix of FCFS and raffle. Based on survey results, I'll be offering white, black, dark blue, and purple for the cases. I'll have more details for the GB (including dates), as well as pictures of the colors in a couple of days as I work things out.

I apologize for the small size of R1 - between issues with microcontroller availability and this being my first GB, I don't want to go larger for a first round.  If it goes well I'll try to do a larger R2 as soon as possible afterwards. The PCB design is also open-source, and the 3D-printed case files are also available online on the Github repo for this project, and you are free to use those files to build one yourself.

Offline Pylon

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 08:50:52 »
Sorry - the update for the GB dates and other details is delayed, as I  was in close contact with a coworker who tested positive for COVID, and have to isolate from others I live with for the next 2 weeks (and can't access my workbench except very late at night). I haven't been able to go through the PCBs and solder microcontrollers to them as a result, as the number of spots I can offer depends on how many working PCBs I have on hand.

Offline keyboardkrill

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 03:19:41 »
Sorry - the update for the GB dates and other details is delayed, as I  was in close contact with a coworker who tested positive for COVID, and have to isolate from others I live with for the next 2 weeks (and can't access my workbench except very late at night). I haven't been able to go through the PCBs and solder microcontrollers to them as a result, as the number of spots I can offer depends on how many working PCBs I have on hand.

Oh damn, hope you are doing well.
take care and be safe, bud. and try not to stress too much about gb. your health is more important than keebs. we can wait.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 18:59:56 »
I'm a big fan of heavy keyboards. Not sure I'm ready to get back into this hobby as I have a bunch of half finished projects STILL such as the GH-150 or whatever it was.

Aluminum is nice, but is there any chance of a "parts kit" run, with just the board and its controllers, then for download, the files for the aluminum?  I could get quotes from Lasergist and maybe a local shop for a case in steel. Would cost 3x the aluminum I've no doubt but it sure sounds good.

Plus I can talk myself into getting a parts kit much easier than a whole CNC milled hunk of aluminum.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline B3H3M0T

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 22:23:23 »
I think there are 2 ways to make board more cheap
1. 3d print
2. Sandwiches Acrylic with laser cutting

Offline Exluna

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 00:42:05 »
Whoa just found this... This thing is a behemoth!  :eek:

Watching!

Offline Realdrian

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 01:55:44 »
Happy New Year Pylon. Hope all is good  :)

still dreaming about this board

Offline Pylon

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 17:54:14 »
Hi all,

Happy New Years! I thankfully did not seem to have caught COVID (I tested negative after 13 days of isolation), but unfortunately have been busy with work and some other stuff.

Updates so far:
  • I still have plans to do a small 3D-printed/FR4 R1 (~15-20 units) in the near future. I have the PCBs and FR4 components for these on-hand, though I'm still soldering on USB ports to the PCBs and testing them. Unfortunately, virtually all FR4 components (plates, bottom panels with the map, and the bumpon holders) arrived from JLCPCB with small shiny blemishes on the matte black finish, so R1 will be unfortunately be entirely B-stock. I don't know where these blemishes are from (they aren't removable with water, acetone, or alcohol) - I suspect they're shiny spots caused by panels rubbing against each other during shipping. Sorry about that.
258982-0
  • I'm still soldering parts onto and testing PCBs. I have 11 working PCBs at the moment, and another 9 to finish soldering and test. Trying to finish this over the next week so I can figure out how many spots I can offer.
  • No dates yet. Sorry.
  • R1 PCBs are green and will have a couple of components soldered by hand by yours truly. All will be tested and flashed with a default firmware before being shipped.
  • Other FR4 parts are matte black.
  • Current plans for pricing (without shipping)
    • $85 barebones (without 3D-printed parts, and you'll have to print them yourself)
    • $120 (w/3D-printed parts)
  • I still want to do an R2 as soon as possible after R1. Hopefully by then, the MCU availability issues will improve. I will also go through Elecrow instead of JLCPCB for the PCBs and FR4 parts, do PCBs in a more appealing color (most likely white or blue), and be able to offer A-stock and unblemished FR4 parts. Unfortunately, Elecrow is also more expensive so R2 may cost a bit more.
  • Unfortunately I've been having a lot more issues with 3D-printing quality recently (possibly due to lower temperatures in my basement due to the winter), and have been spending some time trying to get the print quality back up. If this takes a while to resolve I might do barebones sales first.
  • Due to delays in the manufacturer getting their anodization process set up, the prototype for the metal version unfortunately has also been delayed.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2021, 07:22:07 by Pylon »

Offline ehagerty

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 02:09:37 »
Really looking forward to picking up an early PCB - the design just really grabs me in a good way!

Offline mrvco

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 11:07:45 »
Very cool!  Will the 3D printed and Aluminum cases be interchangeable?

Offline mewse

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 16:12:53 »
I was going to ask about print volume required for the case but found the build instructions for the 3D printed version and it looks easily printable - the instructions seem really well written. Very excited about this project.

Offline Pylon

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 08:30:27 »
Very cool!  Will the 3D printed and Aluminum cases be interchangeable?

They use the same PCB, but the plate and cases are different. So not really unfortunately.

I was going to ask about print volume required for the case

Right now, you need 200 long x 150 wide x 210mm tall mm . STLs are available on Github here.

Appreciate all your interest!

Offline mattiemisfit

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 17:58:42 »
created an account specifically to follow this project, this looks great!

Offline CyCo

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 19:34:14 »
I made an account just for this. Cant wait for a 120%!

Offline lllchevy350lll

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 08:53:37 »
any update on this limited run of b-stock?

Offline Vardys

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 17:59:13 »
New to the hobby and just made an account for this! Gorgeous board, looking forward to getting my hands on one!

Offline Pylon

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 23:05:17 »

Unfortunately I'm running into a lot of issues with my 3D printer as of late, and am still trying to get that resolved. It's a combination of colder winter temperatures (my printer usually lives in my basement) causing print quality issues and a lot of failed prints, and a lot of headaches with the BL-Touch bed leveling sensor I installed in December (which is giving me a lot of bed crashes and resulting print failures). So unfortunately no dates yet unfortunately, as I'm still working on getting that resolved. Sorry for things moving slowly. I do still intend to run a GB with the full 3D printed case in the near future.

Since getting the 3D printing back up to par is taking a while, if anyone owns or has access to a 3D printer, are willing to print their own case, and wants to purchase a B-stock barebones kit (PCB, FR4 plate, FR4 panels, feet, screws and other hardware, and rotary encoder, but no knob) for $80 + shipping, please send me a PM. I have around ~20 keebs worth of PCBs, plates, FR4 panels, and hardware. STL files and a STEP assembly file are available on Github here, with some instructions on printing in the manual here here. The microcontroller, USB-C port, and a couple of small parts on the PCB have been hand-soldered due to JLCPCB's limitations. Each PCB is fully tested. I also don't have any knobs on-hand at the moment, but it's fairly easily to find STL files of knobs online to 3D print, or you can buy a nice metal knob such as these guitar knobs or this knurled aluminum one.

The PCBs for the above batch are green as JLCPCB at the time only offered green PCBs for PCBs with components soldered on. The plate and all other FR4 pieces are matte black.
260541-0

I have working QMK firmware for it with all the features I intended implemented (layers, layer indicator LED, and encoder), but I'm still waiting on the pull request to the QMK repo to get approved. QMK Configurator won't work until the pull request gets approved, so you'll have to compile firmware files manually through command line and editing keymap files at this time.

Future boards won't have green PCBs  - I got a quote from Elecrow for fully-assembled PCBs with white solder mask and it's quite a bit lower than expected, so I'm planning on running future boards through them.

For the metal version - I'm working things out with an American machine shop and a vendor to run that board. Will have some updates on that soon.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:54:42 by Pylon »

Offline lllchevy350lll

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 12:50:55 »

Unfortunately I'm running into a lot of issues with my 3D printer as of late, and am still trying to get that resolved. It's a combination of colder winter temperatures (my printer usually lives in my basement) causing print quality issues and a lot of failed prints, and a lot of headaches with the BL-Touch bed leveling sensor I installed in December (which is giving me a lot of bed crashes and resulting print failures). So unfortunately no dates yet unfortunately, as I'm still working on getting that resolved. Sorry for things moving slowly. I do still intend to run a GB with the full 3D printed case in the near future.

Since getting the 3D printing back up to par is taking a while, if anyone owns or has access to a 3D printer, are willing to print their own case, and wants to purchase a B-stock barebones kit (PCB, FR4 plate, FR4 panels, feet, screws and other hardware, and rotary encoder, but no knob) for $80 + shipping, please send me a PM. I have around ~20 keebs worth of PCBs, plates, FR4 panels, and hardware. STL files and a STEP assembly file are available on Github here, with some instructions on printing in the manual here here. The microcontroller, USB-C port, and a couple of small parts on the PCB have been hand-soldered due to JLCPCB's limitations. Each PCB is fully tested. I also don't have any knobs on-hand at the moment, but it's fairly easily to find STL files of knobs online to 3D print, or you can buy a nice metal knob such as these guitar knobs or this knurled aluminum one.

The PCBs for the above batch are green as JLCPCB at the time only offered green PCBs for PCBs with components soldered on. The plate and all other FR4 pieces are matte black.
(Attachment Link)

I have working QMK firmware for it with all the features I intended implemented (layers, layer indicator LED, and encoder), but I'm still waiting on the pull request to the QMK repo to get approved. QMK Configurator won't work until the pull request gets approved, so you'll have to compile firmware files manually through command line and editing keymap files at this time.

Future boards won't have green PCBs  - I got a quote from Elecrow for fully-assembled PCBs with white solder mask and it's quite a bit lower than expected, so I'm planning on running future boards through them.

For the metal version - I'm working things out with an American machine shop and a vendor to run that board. Will have some updates on that soon.

3d printed design is good though, if i outsourced the printing? and the fr4 panel included is the one pictured with the map on it?

Offline Pylon

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 15:35:21 »
I could outsource the 3D printing but it will probably raise the cost somewhat. TBH if I were outsourcing I would redesign the case to be SLA 3D printed on a large format printer to get rid of the visible screwheads and the seam in the middle, but that would drive the price significantly (probably $200 minimum).

The FR4 panel included is the one with the map on it.

Offline Crabby

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 21:51:44 »
Will there be a way to get the PCB/plate only so we can print/build our own reduced height version of the case? The incline is far too steep for my typing style.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 January 2021, 21:54:56 by Crabby »

Offline eibbun

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 22:03:51 »
oh the things i would do for this board in cyan :p

Offline TeacherGeek

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 02:00:11 »
I'm quite interested in this and would like to see a 3d printed version first and then slowly work on an alu version of it later.

Offline Katacalysm

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 12:20:04 »
Beautiful keyboard, certainly interested in this, probably more the 3D printed version as the shipping cost for the alu version might make it prohibitively expensive for me.

Also this is probably a dumb question (i'm new to custom keyboard stuff) but I assume single colour backlight support means that they couldn't be configured to act as the lock status LEDs?

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 12:25:02 »
Correct. However, there are three dedicated status LED's and a single RGB LED next to the encoder that can be used for status indication. I have mine set up to show the current layer status (Blue, Red or Green) and have the lock lights on the regular leds.
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline Inner-Ear

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 20:38:59 »
How do we get notified when the GB starts?

Offline Pylon

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 22:31:29 »

For the 3D-printed version - I'll post in this thread with some notice. If you want have access to a 3D-printer and want a B-stock barebones kit (PCB, plate, bottom panels, hardware) for the 3D-printed (see post above) PM me as I still have quite a few of those.

It probably won't be at least for another couple of weeks, as unfortunately I've been very busy with work as of late and it probably won't let up for a couple more weeks. I did spend a couple hours tinkering with my Ender 3 3D printer, and unfortunately it does not home the Z-axis consistently anymore and has repeatedly either crashed into the bed or printed far too high above the bed, with no rhyme or reason to it. I need to reflash the firmware and/or possibly replace the bed leveling sensor on it (or just go back to manual bed leveling), but haven't gotten around to doing so. Sorry about that. Once the printer is back up and working reliably I can announce a GB date.

For the metal version - there's been some significant progress with the US shop and vendor I'm working with, and there will be an announcement (and proto pics) in the near future, but nothing I can share yet. 

Offline Dyto69

• 420 blaze it but dont forget 69
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 08:04:04 »
Wow i really like this Project, will definitely keep an eye out for this one.

Offline CitizenCypher

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 15:15:43 »
Love the look of this board, and am eagerly anticipating have almost enough keys.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 16:20:15 »
Love the look of this board, and am eagerly anticipating have almost enough keys.

The ultimate question is...how many dollars per key? 

Offline CitizenCypher

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 16:40:32 »

The ultimate question is...how many dollars per key?

I mean, I'm already paying ~$1 per keycap, and probably $.50-$.75 a switch, so I've got keep my budget reasonable. For a full alu case, I'd be happy with ~$4 a socket.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 17:27:54 »

I mean, I'm already paying ~$1 per keycap, and probably $.50-$.75 a switch, so I've got keep my budget reasonable. For a full alu case, I'd be happy with ~$4 a socket.

$4 a socket is WAY beyond my budget.   :eek:

Offline Realdrian

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 21:06:23 »

For the 3D-printed version - I'll post in this thread with some notice. If you want have access to a 3D-printer and want a B-stock barebones kit (PCB, plate, bottom panels, hardware) for the 3D-printed (see post above) PM me as I still have quite a few of those.

It probably won't be at least for another couple of weeks, as unfortunately I've been very busy with work as of late and it probably won't let up for a couple more weeks. I did spend a couple hours tinkering with my Ender 3 3D printer, and unfortunately it does not home the Z-axis consistently anymore and has repeatedly either crashed into the bed or printed far too high above the bed, with no rhyme or reason to it. I need to reflash the firmware and/or possibly replace the bed leveling sensor on it (or just go back to manual bed leveling), but haven't gotten around to doing so. Sorry about that. Once the printer is back up and working reliably I can announce a GB date.

For the metal version - there's been some significant progress with the US shop and vendor I'm working with, and there will be an announcement (and proto pics) in the near future, but nothing I can share yet.

Awesome to hear about the metal version!! I cant wait