Author Topic: [IC]Nasu - A premium Alice layout keyboard - Extras on Sunday 23/10  (Read 175673 times)

Offline HephaestusWorks

Re: [IC]Nasu - A premium Alice layout keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 14:08:56 »
Will there be any vendor for NA/Asia?
There will not. The board will only be sold through Keebwerk.

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 14:24:50 »
Would 100% be in board for a seamless polycarbonate verison. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Considering the interest we've seen so far for PC we'll probably add that as an option!
OOF PLEASE ADD DYED POLYCARB I WILL LITERALLY KISS YOU

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Chadtucket

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 07:35:40 »
Would 100% be in board for a seamless polycarbonate verison. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Considering the interest we've seen so far for PC we'll probably add that as an option!

That sounds great! Thank you for the feedback!

Offline econeuler

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 06:49:47 »
That red render looks fantastic  :thumb:
Who is the eu manufacturer?

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 12:25:36 »
I'm in.

Edit: I'm not a fan of the Chinese characters on the weight. It seems kinda random. But I'm in either way.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 13:28:52 »
I'm in.

Edit: I'm not a fan of the Chinese characters on the weight. It seems kinda random. But I'm in either way.
Lmao true literally says eggplant

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 13:44:59 »
I'm in.

Lmao true literally says eggplant

I guess it's fine if you can't read Chinese..
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 13:57:31 »
I'm in.

The characters on the bottom are the name of the board haha but if people don't like the writing I might consider removing it and only sticking with the logo. Thank you for the feedback!

Offline Really_Just_AE

• I love me a good keyboard
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 19:38:30 »
I'm in.

The characters on the bottom are the name of the board haha but if people don't like the writing I might consider removing it and only sticking with the logo. Thank you for the feedback!

I could go either way for text or no text, but I'd probably lean towards no text for the sake of symmetry

Offline yui_

As a long time lover of eggplants, I'm kinda interested in this board...
Glwic

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
Please add a CF plate option

Offline HephaestusWorks

Please add a CF plate option
That particular one will probably not be an option for the GB, however after the sale we'll probably release the plate files so you can cut any plate you want.

Offline swirle13

Please consider adding support for alternate layouts like a 2.25u left space with 1u Fn, full length right shift in addition to the split right shift, and split backspace.

If you could make the layout about as identical to the Wonderland PCB by Maartenwut, that would be ideal. As long as I can put stabilizers under both spacebars.

Please please please do polycarb. I'm dying to find a solid Alice clone in PC.

PC plate as well would be fantastic.

Any foam options for between plate and PCB and/or underneath PCB would be amazing additions.

Hope this does well and is super successful!

Offline yicaoyimu

Please consider adding support for alternate layouts like a 2.25u left space with 1u Fn, full length right shift in addition to the split right shift, and split backspace.

If you could make the layout about as identical to the Wonderland PCB by Maartenwut, that would be ideal. As long as I can put stabilizers under both spacebars.

Any foam options for between plate and PCB and/or underneath PCB would be amazing additions.

+1. I also strongly prefer 2.25 + 1 for left space, full right shift and PC plate.

Offline Revult

Just made an account for this, very excited!
I'd also opt for a backplate with only the logo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2020, 14:02:02 by Revult »

Offline HephaestusWorks

All the layout options you mentioned are actually supported! We will make sure to post a layout picture in the next days so you can see it. As far as polycarb goes it's still being considered, the results of the poll will help as well. It's not an easy material to work with at all and it will take quite a bit of work to come out nice but in the end if the demand is high enough we'll add it. It's much simpler to do it for plates though so it will probably be a plate option. As far as custom foam goes we are exploring that avenue since we also believe it would be a nice addition. And finally thank you for your support!

Offline Solus

This looks nice. Don't know if I'm blind, but I would like to see more pics/renders of the side profile.
Duck Jetfire | HHKB Pro 2 | TX-CP | GSKT-00 | Vega | Fuji65

Offline Honey

Hope I can get into the GB for red! Or black if red doesn't make the cut.

Offline Krzew

hope i can get one!

Offline HephaestusWorks

This looks nice. Don't know if I'm blind, but I would like to see more pics/renders of the side profile.
Nope you're not blind, however more renders have been added today to showcase the side profile a bit more!

Offline 3ambutter

I didn't notice before but the chin is pointier than the original alice correct?
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline hnaeht

thanks so much for making this happen. I'm def in!!!
If there is a chance you might wanna seek suggestion, I think the simpler the engraving on the weight will make it look better and cleaner :D

Offline HephaestusWorks

thanks so much for making this happen. I'm def in!!!
If there is a chance you might wanna seek suggestion, I think the simpler the engraving on the weight will make it look better and cleaner :D
Thank you for the feedback! Seems that other people think so as well so the text on will probably be removed for the sake of making it look cleaner.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
Another vote for no text on the weight but I'd be fine with either. What type(s) of finishing and materials will be offered for the bottom weight?

Will definitely be in for one :thumb:.

Offline mattling9

Can we please get a deep red colour like the +Bias?

247505-0

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
I will definitely join this one  :)
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Suavity

• Smile more! 🙂
Will definitely be in for this one. Missed out on the 65% Ergo from Bear a couple days ago.

Offline thestrayed

I'm here for red. Even better if we can get deep red like Bias. Can't wait for this!

Offline MicroPepega

I'm assuming the red underglow on in the renders is only there to show off the curve - any consideration for underglow since PC is being considered?

Offline HephaestusWorks

I'm assuming the red underglow on in the renders is only there to show off the curve - any consideration for underglow since PC is being considered?
Actually it's not underglow, it's just a very vibrant red version of the bottom piece. But in general underglow won't be supported.

Offline mattling9

Would it be possible to sell a wooden wristrest for the Nasu? A few GB have done this recently for Alice style boards.

Offline jack413

Would it be possible to convince Keebwerk to offer international shipping for an additional cost?

Offline HephaestusWorks

Would it be possible to convince Keebwerk to offer international shipping for an additional cost?
There is no need for convincing haha, international shipping will be offered and at pretty good rates as well.

Offline jack413

There is no need for convincing haha, international shipping will be offered and at pretty good rates as well.
This just made my day :')

Offline thestrayed

:thumb:

Offline 3ambutter

I will ask this again in case you missed my previous post. Would it be possible to have the tgr alice chin or are you committed to the more pointy, angular chin?
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline mattling9

Iv really liked some previous keyboards with script engravings. Makes them look really elegant and luxurious which i think would match this keyboard perfectly.

I did a lil photoshop of the brass weight with 'Nasu' in a script font and matching engraving on the front. Of course you would have to fill the front engraving yourself. Its a super quick photoshop and was really roughly done but i think it would look really damn good given some more time selecting fonts etc..

Is this something you could consider making if enough people are interested?  ;D ;D ;D

247535-0

Offline HephaestusWorks

I will ask this again in case you missed my previous post. Would it be possible to have the tgr alice chin or are you committed to the more pointy, angular chin?
Well this is an IC so nothing is really final but we feel like the chin looks nice how it is right now, however if people disagree and want a rounder chin maybe we can work on it.

Offline bs

Well this is an IC so nothing is really final but we feel like the chin looks nice how it is right now, however if people disagree and want a rounder chin maybe we can work on it.
[/quote]

+1 the angular chin is the best part

Offline Really_Just_AE

• I love me a good keyboard
I do love me an angular Alice chin!

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
Nasu is looking naisu

Offline Sanctified

This is the one I've been waiting for, also I'm all for some kind of script-style engraving on the front and weight !
Definitely in for one

Offline lolafineday

Dyed polycarb then this would be holy

Offline cyke

Looks awesome, definitely interested

Offline mattling9

Here is a better photoshop of the script design.

I really hope we can get a dark red case similar to this.

Let me know what you think!  ;D

247819-0

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 July 2020, 10:14:55 by mattling9 »

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys

(Attachment Link)

yes please.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline lolafineday

Omg yes

Offline cyke

will the PCB be solder or Hot Swap?

Offline HephaestusWorks

will the PCB be solder or Hot Swap?
It will be solder only

Offline HephaestusWorks

(Attachment Link)
Looks amazing! However we will probably keep the top simple (as in no engravings or logos). We might change the weight to text only though depending on feedback. As far as the dark red goes It will be decided this week. We will sort through the color IC answers and decide on colors based on that (although dark red looks to be one of the favorites so far).