Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 286213 times)

Offline Saturn

Re: Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 10:56:37 »
I like hard pads because they are so friction free and more precise feeling.  Soft pads annoy me due to their squishiness and the stupid amount of drag they put on the mouse.

right, that's what attracted me to the 9hd in the first place.  but i think to an extent the squishy draggy feeling can actually help in fps games depending on the style of player you are, and some cloth pads have more of it than others.  from what i've heard the qck heavy is supposed to have a fairly slick surface -- smoother than the others in the QCK line.  i haven't used a cloth pad in ages, but i always think about grabbing a QCK Heavy and seeing if i like it better. 

but then i think about how i'll feel after i spend $25 or so on a mouse pad, use it once or twice and decide i hate it, so i never end up getting one.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #501 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 11:10:13 »
I like hard pads because they are so friction free and more precise feeling.  Soft pads annoy me due to their squishiness and the stupid amount of drag they put on the mouse.

right, that's what attracted me to the 9hd in the first place.  but i think to an extent the squishy draggy feeling can actually help in fps games depending on the style of player you are, and some cloth pads have more of it than others.  from what i've heard the qck heavy is supposed to have a fairly slick surface -- smoother than the others in the QCK line.  i haven't used a cloth pad in ages, but i always think about grabbing a QCK Heavy and seeing if i like it better. 

but then i think about how i'll feel after i spend $25 or so on a mouse pad, use it once or twice and decide i hate it, so i never end up getting one.
AFAIK all QcK pads have the same surface, I have both a Heavy and a QcK+, and while I haven't done a side-by-side comparison I'd say they're pretty much the same. The thickness of the heavy might make it feel a bit smoother, but I believe the surface material is the same.

Offline divinty

« Reply #502 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 12:15:57 »
I used to use a cheap clothlike sharkoon matt

Now I don't have one and I'm chipping the surface of my desk horribly.

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 12:25:05 »
At the moment I'm using a Raptor-Gaming hard pad with silicone spray, glides like hell, but I want to try a good cloth pad, propably a puretrak talent.
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK

Offline Djankie

« Reply #504 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 14:38:48 »
I have a razer mousepad love it :)

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 18:45:30 »
I use the Steel Series S&S.  Been very happy with this mouse pad. 

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #506 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 02:15:33 »
I just got my Mionix Sargas 900 desk mat today, and I'm impressed!  I've been using a QCK for several years now, and loved it.  For some reason Mionix marketed this pad series as having a "friction glide," but I'm not sure why.  It's slicker than a QCK could ever hope to be, and I find it noticeably easier to make much finer movements.  I have a fingertip grip, and my G9 and new Spawn both track perfectly on it.  The only con is the way they cut the material has left a scratchy edge, but with my keyboard wrist rest on the edge I don't notice it.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline ajx

« Reply #507 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 19:49:52 »
anyone has tried an alu mousepad?
how does it feels?
i ve heard about coldness when you touch it

Offline Saturn

« Reply #508 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 21:22:41 »
I just got my Mionix Sargas 900 desk mat today, and I'm impressed!  I've been using a QCK for several years now, and loved it.  For some reason Mionix marketed this pad series as having a "friction glide," but I'm not sure why.  It's slicker than a QCK could ever hope to be, and I find it noticeably easier to make much finer movements.  I have a fingertip grip, and my G9 and new Spawn both track perfectly on it.  The only con is the way they cut the material has left a scratchy edge, but with my keyboard wrist rest on the edge I don't notice it.

Huh, that slick?  Maybe I'd like it.

I just got a QCK Heavy, and I find it to be quite slick.  I love it, and prefer it infinitely over the textured hard plastic 9HD which I was using up until now.

Offline LifeIsGooD2

« Reply #509 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 20:06:02 »
artisan Hayate is a superb mouse pad ... I highly recommend it

very very hard to beat

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #510 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 22:13:53 »
^ Completely agree. Makes every other cloth pad feel like I am mousing over maggot infested s#!t. Even other Artisan pads.

Offline dmbr

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 13:06:28 »
Got my razer manticor, and to my delight it's my new favorite pad out of the 25 or so I've tried.

Smooth glide that somehow feels not at all slippery, with an ample 14" width. Highly recommend.

Offline uzoc

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 13:36:09 »
Have some cheap one.
But going to order a transparent deskpad from Eldon, Kleer View or Desktex 19" X 24"
Advantages are:
- Some of them claim that it can be used as a mouse pad,
- It's transparent so it won't seem like a piece of cloth on top of my desk and
- I can put stuff underneath calendars, etc, to see through.

Offline HWI

« Reply #513 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 00:24:54 »
Just recently switched back to a Puretrak Talent. Coming from various Artisan pads, I liked them a lot, but they wear out way too fast for the cost.
Bottom Out Like A Boss
Razer BWU | Ducky DK-1087 | Noppoo Choc Mini | CM Storm QFR | KBT Race

Offline ajx

« Reply #514 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 04:57:23 »
i ordered recently razer manticor, alu micepad, will see if it is worth it
coming from hard mat pad, alu sounds me a great surface which can provide a good slide

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #515 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 05:50:05 »
Got my razer manticor, and to my delight it's my new favorite pad out of the 25 or so I've tried.

Same here! Even tho its expensive I probably gonna buy a second one as back up for the future :)

Offline realex

« Reply #516 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 08:42:12 »
Just recently switched back to a Puretrak Talent. Coming from various Artisan pads, I liked them a lot, but they wear out way too fast for the cost.

not only do they wear out quick, i actually like the talent better than the hien soft and another artisan pad (forgot the name) in terms of glide and control.

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #517 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 09:00:00 »

Currently, i'm using Razer Goliathus Fragged Speed Team Liquid edition.
I've tried quite few mousepads, such as

Func F series (plastic)
Func new Archetype (plastic)
SteelSeries QcK
Razer Goliathus Fragged Speed Edition
Razer Vespula (plastic)
Tt eSports Dasher
Zowie N-RF 2

and i realised that for RTS games, i feel more comfortable playing on the cloth mousepads. Plastic pads feels too slippery, hard to control.

And i'm using Razer Goliathus Fragged because all the sides are stitched when SteelSeries QcK mousepads are not stitched so that sides get pilled off later on.

And!

With the cloth mousepads, your mouse feet don't get worn out when with plastic and metal ones they do.

DK Saver Winkeyless | Leopold FC700R | Ducky DK9087 Shine 2

Offline kboardvintage

« Reply #518 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 16:31:06 »
Show Image

Currently, i'm using Razer Goliathus Fragged Speed Team Liquid edition.
I've tried quite few mousepads, such as

Func F series (plastic)
Func new Archetype (plastic)
SteelSeries QcK
Razer Goliathus Fragged Speed Edition
Razer Vespula (plastic)
Tt eSports Dasher
Zowie N-RF 2

and i realised that for RTS games, i feel more comfortable playing on the cloth mousepads. Plastic pads feels too slippery, hard to control.

And i'm using Razer Goliathus Fragged because all the sides are stitched when SteelSeries QcK mousepads are not stitched so that sides get pilled off later on.

And!

With the cloth mousepads, your mouse feet don't get worn out when with plastic and metal ones they do.

Same here. Used to be a big Func fan until I tried the QcK and Qpad CT.

Offline Plater

« Reply #519 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 10:23:01 »
I use the Razer Destructor, too bad they discontinued this model tho.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #520 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 20:49:47 »
Had the Destructor, it's great but wears out too quickly(about a year). Currently using the 9HD(just into the 2nd year and it's starting to show wear and tear), I find it much better than the Destructor but it might be too slippery for some.

Wear and tear = Shiny spot that where the mouse dont glide as quickly.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2013, 20:51:53 by squarebox »
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Plater

« Reply #521 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 06:15:40 »
Had the Destructor, it's great but wears out too quickly(about a year). Currently using the 9HD(just into the 2nd year and it's starting to show wear and tear), I find it much better than the Destructor but it might be too slippery for some.

Wear and tear = Shiny spot that where the mouse dont glide as quickly.

Really? I had mine for around 3 years now. Aside from the noticeable bump that I have created by dropping a heavy textbook on it, theres not much wear/tear on the Destructor. Have been using it everyday ever since I got it.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #522 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 09:34:07 »
Perhaps it's because I'm a claw gripper hence it wears a certain spot faster.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline mechanisch

« Reply #523 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 23:59:55 »
One day a mousepad came with a game I bought.  To this day I still use it:  A Wrath of the Lich King QcK!  Yeah, I know- I keep telling myself that one day I'll just buy the regular black version, but this thing is as good as the day I bought it.  About twice a year I throw it in the wash and it comes out good as new.  Love it!

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #524 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 06:33:32 »
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll150/Lunatic_1978/P7010154.jpg
Not my picture, But this is the mousepad I use. EVGA <3

It's a plastic mousepad so its not a comfortable as the soft pad I used to use, but my mouse glides on it much easier.
Although it also wears out the feet of the mouse it seems.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #525 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 10:34:55 »
One day a mousepad came with a game I bought.  To this day I still use it:  A Wrath of the Lich King QcK!  Yeah, I know- I keep telling myself that one day I'll just buy the regular black version, but this thing is as good as the day I bought it.  About twice a year I throw it in the wash and it comes out good as new.  Love it!
i have a bunch of those mouse pads with the collector's edition, i prob should try them out lol

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #526 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 18:58:59 »

How do you find PureTrak Talent compares to the Artisan pads?  Like speed, build quality... etc.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #527 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 16:05:57 »
Another Puretrak Talent user here, lovely mouse mat :)
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #528 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 13:34:32 »
Steelseries all the way

Offline Vintage

« Reply #529 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 12:57:04 »
Recently switched from a SS Qck to a Razer Goliathus Control Edition and I have to say I really like it. Hard to get used to at first because it feels a lot faster but It's growing on me now. It feels higher quality (surprising for Razer) as well and is easier to clean for sure.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #530 on: Wed, 17 April 2013, 14:40:01 »
I posted on another thread I like my huge generic pad.

Kinda a mess at the time of the pic, but you can see it buried under all my manuals...

Ducky DK9008 Shine II Blue LED Backlit (Red Cherry MX)
Leopold Linear Touch FC500RR/AB (Red Cherry MX)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #531 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 05:39:32 »
I use the Razer Destructor, too bad they discontinued this model tho.

Show Image

I have/used that mat for about 3yrs or something and didn't like it when I started to use it and it seemed to collect dirt really quickly... changed to the Razer TL mat and never looked back.

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #532 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 00:09:27 »
I know this is a late bump, but I see no reason for this thread to die.

I am not sure if I posted this already but I now use an Artisan Hayate.  I bought it the day it was released and never looked back!  Love this thing!  I've tried many other Artisan and non-Artisan pads but nothing seems to come close.   :)
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #533 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 00:18:52 »
I am not sure if I posted this already but I now use an Artisan Hayate.  I bought it the day it was released and never looked back!  Love this thing!  I've tried many other Artisan and non-Artisan pads but nothing seems to come close.   :)

Yep, have to agree - the Artisan Hayate currently rules my world, with extreme prejudice.  Enough said  8) .

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #534 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:49:50 »
Using a Corsair MM400 right now, I like it...

37802-0

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #535 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 01:27:17 »
I just ordered another Razer Goliathus, one of the new 2013 model.
I may have ordered it to get the free iphone case lol.

Offline ctbear

« Reply #536 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 15:11:11 »
I have been using the Steelseries 4HD for quite a while now, and I am impressed. Durable, stable on table surface, smooth, and affordable. Perfect for my Sensei.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #537 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 16:47:33 »
How's the Steelseries QcK? I'd like something better than the artscow mousepad i'm using now but I don't want to spend a ton. I'd prefer a soft mousepad, tried hard ones and I don't like them at all.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #538 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 16:53:31 »
How's the Steelseries QcK? I'd like something better than the artscow mousepad i'm using now but I don't want to spend a ton. I'd prefer a soft mousepad, tried hard ones and I don't like them at all.

QcKs are pretty good, and if you've got the room for them the Heavy and Mass are nice and thick, very comfortable pads.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #539 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 18:34:46 »
Have a zowie g-cm coming soon. :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Emospence

« Reply #540 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 21:28:00 »
Ordered a Zowie G-TF Speed along with EC1 eVo.
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #541 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 21:42:18 »
Ordered a Zowie G-TF Speed along with EC1 eVo.

A Zowie Fanatic here  :thumb: .  Still waiting for my EC1 eVo to come in, but I live in convict town - located in the middle of nowhere, hence everything takes ages to get to my door.

Let us know how your pad and rodent is when it arrives.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #542 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 01:54:04 »
A Zowie Fanatic here  :thumb: .  Still waiting for my EC1 eVo to come in, but I live in convict town - located in the middle of nowhere, hence everything takes ages to get to my door.

Let us know how your pad and rodent is when it arrives.

Where'd you order from?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 02:45:48 »
Where'd you order from?

From this place;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Zowie-Gear-USB-Wired-Optical-2300-dpi-Competitive-Gaming-Mouse-EC1-eVo-White-/321101469636?pt=Mice&hash=item4ac32397c4

They're the ONLY ones selling an all WHITE - EC1-eVo.  I have already so many grey and black coloured rodents just wanted to add a lighter coloured one,  to my collection.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #544 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 03:03:39 »
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Zowie-Gear-USB-Wired-Optical-2300-dpi-Competitive-Gaming-Mouse-EC1-eVo-White-/321101469636?pt=Mice&hash=item4ac32397c4

They're the ONLY ones selling an all WHITE - EC1-eVo.  I have already so many grey and black coloured rodents just wanted to add a lighter coloured one,  to my collection.

I see..

God damn, just saw the announcement on EC eVo CL, same mouse with FK's coating and NEW 24-STEP SCROLL WHEEL

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #545 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 03:38:02 »
God damn, just saw the announcement on EC eVo CL, same mouse with FK's coating and NEW 24-STEP SCROLL WHEEL

Yeah, the EVIL bastards just released that model today the 7th of October.  Damn, gotta get that Black and White baby as well, cause it looks like I may be turned towards the Zowie side  8) .

Offline Emospence

« Reply #546 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 04:05:44 »
Yeah, the EVIL bastards just released that model today the 7th of October.  Damn, gotta get that Black and White baby as well, cause it looks like I may be turned towards the Zowie side  8) .

Shall wait a little to see how the new scroll wheel turns out (and if I like the EC shape at all)

Did they mention if it'll be available in 2 sizes like the current series?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #547 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 04:41:40 »
Did they mention if it'll be available in 2 sizes like the current series?

Read it but couldn't find any mention of other sizes.  I suspect it's just this release to help promote a NEW colour scheme and that's it, lot's of others do the same thing releasing basically the same model but improving a feature that was lacking previously (ie; scroll wheel).

Mind you, who knows when it'll be released for sale.  I suspect it may take another month or two, before it starts filtering through (onto Ebay)  :thumb: .

Offline Emospence

« Reply #548 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 07:46:12 »
Asked them, should be some time this month..

The new scroll wheel is a big deal though, no??

Now I feel like not opening the evos so I can sell them bnib haha.. they're estimated to arrive on Friday.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #549 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 08:05:17 »
Now I feel like not opening the evos so I can sell them bnib haha.. they're estimated to arrive on Friday.

Oh c'mon...... let's not get distracted with just the SCROLL wheel.  I know it might be their achilles heel for them but at least use it and then decide whether it's worth ditching.

I never throw away a rodent just because it's what someone else has said.  FIRST use it then decide to keep or ditch it.  If I had to ditch every mouse I have ever used to some Land-fill site, they would cry fowl for the huge junk pile I've just sent them.

Keep it because you never know in the future when you will change your mind.  That is why I keep everything because my disturbed and demented brain has seizures to normal human thought patterns.  Hence today I want to destroy the world but tomorrow I may change my opinion.  Always hold off the major decisions for now till you get some time to adjust.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 October 2013, 09:30:22 by Elrick »