Author Topic: Feedback on the moderation team  (Read 24123 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Feedback on the moderation team
« on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:57:06 »
 :thumb:

That is all
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: Feedback on the moderation team
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:57:21 »
They're alright.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:58:09 »
They leave me alone and mute everyone else all the time. So I like them.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:58:36 »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:00:52 »
Down with Hoff.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:03:38 »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:03:41 »
^^^

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:05:18 »
I will accept bribes for positive feedback.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:07:37 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:15:04 »
Too lazy to read ToS. Is there anything that condemns drama? I kinda secretly really like the drama threads, and just wondering what the line drawn is on those.

(Everyone loves the drama threads.)

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:42:31 »
Down with Hoff.

+1 he's a monster

I heard he constantly abuses mod privileges.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:47:31 »
Too lazy to read ToS. Is there anything that condemns drama? I kinda secretly really like the drama threads, and just wondering what the line drawn is on those.

You really should read the ToS.  Saves us a lot of work having to link everyone to it when they inevitably break the rules.  :P

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 17:48:17 »
Mods are mostly ok, they've been on top of getting to my reports fairly quickly lately.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:55:57 »
no.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline __red__

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 19:06:06 »
I didn't know we had a mod team.  That means they're doing a great job

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:04:16 »
I didn't know we had a mod team.  That means they're doing a great job

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69449.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 04:51:45 »
YMMV  >:D
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 07:29:25 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 01:15:22 »
Can we given moderation on the feedback team?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 08:30:25 »

Can we team feedback in moderation?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 11:07:55 »

Can we give feedback on the moderation team?

Wait...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 20:20:49 »

Wait...

Maybe we can moderate feedback on the giving team?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 20:54:14 »

You really should read the ToS.  Saves us a lot of work having to link everyone to it when they inevitably break the rules.
The ToS says no swearing btw.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 20:56:53 »

You really should read the ToS.  Saves us a lot of work having to link everyone to it when they inevitably break the rules.
That's ****ty inb4 ban

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 21:47:37 »

Don't try to circumvent the swear filter.  ;)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 21:57:16 »

Wait...

Maybe we can moderate feedback on the giving team?

Or moderate giving on the feedback team?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 21:58:06 »

Don't try to circumvent the swear filter.  ;)
I don't swear but I disabled the site swear filter because more than once it caused a broken link when a URL happened to have a blacklisted sequence of letters in it. How annoying! Besides, I think the *** stuff just draws more attention.

Same thing with TV censoring. I mean, if you're watching Die Hard, by the end of the movie you've seen some hardcore stuff, and I don't think changing it to "yippee kiy-yay, puddle jumper" is going to magically restore the viewers' innocence. If you can't handle the content as-written, just skip the movie, y'know?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 03:39:22 »

Wait...

Can we give team on the moderation feedback?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 04:13:34 »

Wait...

Can we give team on the moderation feedback?

Perhaps we can teameration the modback feed?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 04:17:03 »
All these new moderators ...

129801-0

:p :))

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 04:41:35 »

(Attachment Link)

I don't broadcast my status, so I could always be on, or never on ;)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 18:08:46 »

(Attachment Link)

As a team member I think you should broadcast your status. We need to know if we can reach you or not.

I need to know if my personal space will be invaded OnO

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 19:54:31 »

(Attachment Link)

If someone's in strife, I usually tell them to PM a mod, identified by a different coloured name on the front page.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 00:19:23 »
i concur w mr. bunny

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 17:48:44 »
thanks mod team for getting us rid of this guy at least for a while :>
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 00:52:49 »
just don't let me make decisions and it's all good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 22:33:58 »
I don't know where they find the time.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 23:30:52 »

Right here!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 23:37:33 »
This trizkut fellow seems alright, he posted my elite poker for me!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 23:40:27 »

Show Image

Right here!

You're all right.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 02:17:43 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 10:40:24 »

trizkut worst mod na, ruined my avatar, rip

:'(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 13:27:39 »

What the hell I never said that?!?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 13:30:07 »

What the hell I never said that?!?

wat

I said that!  He ruined my avatar.  :(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 13:36:50 »
No not what you said what I "said" even though I didn't say what I said that you quoted when you said what you said.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 13:39:58 »
No not what you said what I "said" even though I didn't say what I said that you quoted when you said what you said.

what he said

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 13:40:55 »
See, he understands.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 13:42:12 »

But...you did.  :|

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 13:42:33 »
It's a sham

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 13:43:20 »
It's a sham

demique loves us, don't deny it  :-*