Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Noise Maker

Hello there
« on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 05:23:14 »
Hello, geekhack members!

Keyboards are a passion of mine. Old or mechanical keyboards intrigue me the most. Nothing out of the ordinary, I guess.  :)

I don't have a lot of money at the moment, so I can't afford to start a collection. If I have a good keyboard, I will usually resell it. I manage to get them for a few bucks from hobos and people who have no idea what they're selling and usually make quite a profit per keyboard. It's not that much money overall, especially considering the time to test, clean and resell a keyboard.

I'm also a Computer science student. I'm interested in various math, philosophy and software areas.

After stumbling upon this forum quite a few times I finally decided to register and participate. I hope after a while I will be able to contribute at least as much as I take from this community.

Offline Linkbane

Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:26:37 »
Welcome to wallethack.
Which keyboard do you use now?
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Noise Maker

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 12:22:09 »
Welcome to wallethack.
Which keyboard do you use now?

Thanks!
I don't use a specific keyboard now. I sold an NMB RT101+ with "space invaded" switches a while ago, so now I'm stuck with several new keyboards from SteelSeries, a Logitech G15, a few old Cherries (none are MX), a few other from Genius/ IBM/ X7/ Gigabyte. I will try to sell them and eventually build a collection of old keyboards.

Tomorrow I'm going to a flea market where lots of people sell good keyboards they found in the trash for next to nothing.

I have a few keyboards that have a few traces missing and I hope I can fix them with some sort of a conductive paste. Later I will make a thread about it, but now I have to go to bed (alarms for 4 am...).

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 13:11:07 »
I would go to such things, if my parents weren't opposed to it. Nice that you have some keyboards, but as you've probably found out, it's all about having one or two that you really like, not a bunch of ones that are just okay or bad. Good luck with getting the one you like! I prefer MX Blues myself, but I think that Browns are almost as good and much less annoying to others.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 13:16:46 »
I would go to such things, if my parents weren't opposed to it. Nice that you have some keyboards, but as you've probably found out, it's all about having one or two that you really like, not a bunch of ones that are just okay or bad. Good luck with getting the one you like! I prefer MX Blues myself, but I think that Browns are almost as good and much less annoying to others.

How old are you?

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 16:50:21 »
Turned sixteen a while ago. Too busy to even think about getting a license till holidays.