Author Topic: Hello  (Read 963 times)

Offline teilo

Hello
« on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 15:10:43 »
Hello,

I found this forum when I was researching Topre keyboards, and just joined after receiving a Type Heaven. Still getting accustomed to it. I was previously a Cherry Blue user (Razer BW, and Das Keyboard), and before that Alps (the venerable Northgate Omnikey 101, and its spiritual successor, the Avant Stellar).

I learned Dvorak 20 years ago on the Omnikey. Recently I did one of the stupider things in my keyboarding life: I decided to switch to Colemak. I stuck with it long enough that I could no longer type in Dvorak, and am now struggling to get back to 100 WPM (high 60s, low 70s so far), and be able to type on it without thinking. Getting close on that one, altough my unix shell skills have suffered the worst. On the plus side, I love that the most common shortcuts, and almost all the punctuation is the same as qwerty.

In retrospect, if I was going to make any kind of change, I should probably have gone back to qwerty. 20 years ago I couldn't touch type at all.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 15:15:40 »
Welcome to GeekHack!

I've been thinking about trying Colemak or Dvorak but I've been touch typing QWERTY since third grade and I just can't bring myself to switch. Maybe one day...