Author Topic: Regarding GMK Classic Beige GB - UPDATE 27/07/15  (Read 110643 times)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Regarding GMK Classic Beige GB
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:56:34 »
I haven't given a starting date because I don't know myself.

Me and Hoff are just getting all the shipping prices perfect. Sure, we could do it really fast and get this started this week, but would you not agree it's better to wait a while longer and make sure everything is perfect?

I will give one weeks notice before starting once everything is ready. I'm starting it regardless of other group buys going on.

Awesome!! Cannot wait!

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #301 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:56:41 »

Me and Hoff are just getting all the shipping prices perfect. Sure, we could do it really fast and get this started this week, but would you not agree it's better to wait a while longer and make sure everything is perfect?

I will give one weeks notice before starting once everything is ready. I'm starting it regardless of other group buys going on.

i agree. pls do not make me beg more for this set
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #302 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 16:04:22 »

Okay sounds good  :)

A weeks notice should be perfect.  Then the GB should run for at least 2-3 weeks (hopefully).  I really want to get two sets of each kit.

Thanks for the info.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #303 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 17:17:38 »
I was quite sure that the main set included also the iso option (as it is in many of the Ivan gbs), but now, after many months, I see that there are two sets, each with its own moq. Is there any risk that the second set won't reach the moq? That would be painful. What are the expected prices? As usual I will need to spend 40$ more just to have three keys.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 17:31:24 »
I was quite sure that the main set included also the iso option (as it is in many of the Ivan gbs), but now, after many months, I see that there are two sets, each with its own moq. Is there any risk that the second set won't reach the moq? That would be painful. What are the expected prices? As usual I will need to spend 40$ more just to have three keys.
I tried to make the extra kit as small and as juicy as possible. There's a lot of keys there that lots of people will want. ISO keys, windowed locks (I know A LOT of people want these), and 1.75 shift/HHKB. I have no doubts that the extra kit will reach MOQ because of this. It's also going to be quite cheap.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #305 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 17:46:56 »
Fine, thanks :-)

Don't try to make this gb too perfect. GMK keycaps already have enough perfection to mask some of your possible mistakes :-)

I tried to make the extra kit as small and as juicy as possible. There's a lot of keys there that lots of people will want. ISO keys, windowed locks (I know A LOT of people want these), and 1.75 shift/HHKB. I have no doubts that the extra kit will reach MOQ because of this. It's also going to be quite cheap.

Offline Want

« Reply #306 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 17:49:23 »
Fine, thanks :-)

Don't try to make this gb too perfect. GMK keycaps already have enough perfection to mask some of your possible mistakes :-)

I don't think it's possible for Photek to make any mistakes regarding Classic Beige  :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 21:43:43 »
The ISO is less likely to reach its MoQ, that is why those GB sets that includes the ISO option in the main set are the best ones  for ISO people.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #308 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 22:42:02 »
Current mockup looks sweet. Wish we could have 1800 support, but the amount of people who would not need it,  very much outweighs the cost bump. Gl 

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 08:42:03 »
I am itching to use this. 

IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 18:20:54 »
Really excited for this one!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 21:41:28 »
(non) update on my part: I've made slight adjustments to the CONUS shipping numbers per a new development, and am still awaiting sufficient time to properly estimate international shipping.  I've been out of town a whole bunch lately and don't have the time required to mock-up all the various permutations of order options.  Rest assured this will happen very soon (re: tomorrow), and we can get this train started.  I want to do this right and make sure we don't get screwed on unforeseen shipping charges.  I hope you understand.  :-*  I want this to get started just as much as you guys, I promise!  <3

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 21:58:34 »
(non) update on my part: I've made slight adjustments to the CONUS shipping numbers per a new development, and am still awaiting sufficient time to properly estimate international shipping.  I've been out of town a whole bunch lately and don't have the time required to mock-up all the various permutations of order options.  Rest assured this will happen very soon (re: tomorrow), and we can get this train started.  I want to do this right and make sure we don't get screwed on unforeseen shipping charges.  I hope you understand.  :-*  I want this to get started just as much as you guys, I promise!  <3

So it's launching tomorrow?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 22:01:12 »

Haha, no.  Sorry for the confusion.  I will be doing the "final" shipping estimations tomorrow, relay that to photek, and the GB should start SoonTM.  I do not know these specifics, I am only in charge of shipping non-EU orders, and my part does happen to be a bottleneck at this point.   :thumb:

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 22:19:36 »

Haha, no.  Sorry for the confusion.  I will be doing the "final" shipping estimations tomorrow, relay that to photek, and the GB should start SoonTM.  I do not know these specifics, I am only in charge of shipping non-EU orders, and my part does happen to be a bottleneck at this point.   :thumb:

Thanks sorry for the confusion

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #315 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 19:56:41 »

I have finalized the prices for CONUS and non-EU international orders.  Here are some notes:
  • CONUS will have well-defined prices for up to 15 sets, in three tiers (1 set, 2-5 sets, and 6-15 sets); anything beyond will require contacting us.
  • Non-EU international will have well-defined prices for up to 10 sets, in two tiers (1-3 sets and 4-10 sets); anything beyond will require contacting us.
  • 1 set is defined as the sets are defined in the OP - this means that the "1 set" tier for CONUS is literally if you only buy one of the two sets. This is because I'm using small flat rate boxes and bubble wrap, which doesn't leave enough room for multiple sets. I wanted to prioritize safe packing over price. However, spacebars can be included in the 1 set box (up to 3)
  • Due to the various shipping zones that USPS defines and the rates associated with them, some particular countries' rates are significantly lower than others. I'm still working with photek to determine how to best handle this.

If you have any questions about what I've said here, please feel free to ask.   :thumb:

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 20:35:31 »

Do you have a deadline for when you are going to start it by?

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #317 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 23:06:40 »
Show Image

I have finalized the prices for CONUS and non-EU international orders.  Here are some notes:
  • CONUS will have well-defined prices for up to 15 sets, in three tiers (1 set, 2-5 sets, and 6-15 sets); anything beyond will require contacting us.
  • Non-EU international will have well-defined prices for up to 10 sets, in two tiers (1-3 sets and 4-10 sets); anything beyond will require contacting us.
  • 1 set is defined as the sets are defined in the OP - this means that the "1 set" tier for CONUS is literally if you only buy one of the two sets. This is because I'm using small flat rate boxes and bubble wrap, which doesn't leave enough room for multiple sets. I wanted to prioritize safe packing over price. However, spacebars can be included in the 1 set box (up to 3)
  • Due to the various shipping zones that USPS defines and the rates associated with them, some particular countries' rates are significantly lower than others. I'm still working with photek to determine how to best handle this.

If you have any questions about what I've said here, please feel free to ask.   :thumb:

:thumb: Nice research. Very well thought out! It also looks like you've listed out all the finer details and points. Very good work guys!

This GB may take awhile to get going, but it should shape up to be something great when it does launch  :thumb:
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 20:17:20 »
Show Image

Thanks for the update and all your time researching, Hoff!

Offline xqwtz

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 03:12:45 »
Looking forward to this one.

Offline xqwtz

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:24:43 »
·
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:27:52 by xqwtz »

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #321 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 15:59:26 »

Offline oomph

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 12:59:27 »
Will this spacebar work with the HHKB?

If not.. what're the odds of the new, light-grey PBT Topre spacebar matching  :-\

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 13:26:42 »

If not.. what're the odds of the new, light-grey PBT Topre spacebar matching  :-\

No, the kit has 6.25u and 7u spacebars whereas the Topre boards use a 6u.

Hopefully someone has a GMK key in this color code and a topre board to get a picture.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 13:43:45 »
Super freaking excited for this. I have been trying to find an OG cherry board with these or something similar for awhile so this is great. I'm a little tapped out but ill find the money for this if I have to set up shop on a corner  :)) thanks all for who have been involved
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #325 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 00:56:43 »
I recorgnized your caps fit Viper than 1800 caps. Very late  :-X

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #326 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 16:39:44 »
any updates?

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #327 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 16:40:23 »
mind as well wait for Ivans Miami GMK to be done

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 16:44:40 »
That's it. I'll un-watch this topic and I will check periodically if it finally made to the gb list.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 16:54:45 »

A light gray in PBT does not match beige in ABS.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 20:40:41 »
That's it. I'll un-watch this topic and I will check periodically if it finally made to the gb list.

I fear that this is one of these that when they finally make it up for grabs you'll forget about it and miss the group buy.

Offline xqwtz

« Reply #331 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 20:44:23 »
How long do you think it will take for this one to start, if you had to guess?

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #332 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 07:37:32 »
I doubt they even know, was supposed to start soon after Hyperfuse ended which was 2 months ago

Offline SL89

« Reply #333 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 07:46:33 »
There are plenty of GB's to be had right now. I'm more then comfortable waiting this one out until a time when so many high profile sets are all underway.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 07:52:14 »
I haven't been responding to questions here because I feel that it's pointless for me to keep saying "It's starting soon".

I'm sorry. I can't give an exact timeframe. I am quite literally on the last step - finalizing shipping costs. After that, we're good to go.

To give a very rough estimate, we're looking at a few weeks. Thanks for sitting tight.
github

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #335 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 07:55:53 »
I haven't been responding to questions here because I feel that it's pointless for me to keep saying "It's starting soon".

I'm sorry. I can't give an exact timeframe. I am quite literally on the last step - finalizing shipping costs. After that, we're good to go.

To give a very rough estimate, we're looking at a few weeks. Thanks for sitting tight.

Thanks for the update  :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 08:43:06 »

Excitement level = 9000

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 08:48:35 »
Also, I can now give the prices.

EU buyers :

Main set - £80

Extra set - £25

Outside EU buyers :

Main set - £70 ($108 according to xe.com)

Extra set - £20 ($31 according to xe.com)

As I've said before, it's higher for EU buyers since I will have to pay 20% VAT on EU sets. For the extra money you get peace of mind when it comes to import duties - you will pay none since the sets will ship from the UK.. I've tried to balance it out a little bit so that the EU sets are less than 20% higher than the others.
github

Offline joey

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 08:51:18 »
Thanks for the prices!

I'm guessing shipping will be approx £5-10 inside the UK?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #339 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 09:10:42 »

EU buyers :

Main set - £80

Extra set - £25

Outside EU buyers :

As I've said before, it's higher for EU buyers since I will have to pay 20% VAT on EU sets. For the extra money you get peace of mind when it comes to import duties - you will pay none since the sets will ship from the UK.. I've tried to balance it out a little bit so that the EU sets are less than 20% higher than the others.

Good pricing. Excellent.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 10:27:48 »
Great pricing. Looking forward to this :D

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #341 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 13:12:09 »

EU buyers :

Main set - £80

Extra set - £25

Outside EU buyers :

my body is ready
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 14:13:36 »

EU buyers :

Main set - £80

Extra set - £25

Outside EU buyers :

Excitement level = 10,000

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #343 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 14:22:09 »
I doubt they even know, was supposed to start soon after Hyperfuse ended which was 2 months ago

Wow kid, go find another hobby.
It's not like you've even put money out, you're just waiting for someone to take on the monumental task of running a GMK group buy.

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #344 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 14:34:48 »

It's not like you've even put money out, you're just waiting for someone to take on the monumental task of running a GMK group buy.

lol what a ****
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #345 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 14:46:28 »

lol what a ****
+1

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 14:49:26 »

lol what a ****
+1
+2

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #347 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 14:51:23 »

lol what a ****
+1
+2
+3
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 14:52:59 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline xqwtz

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 15:24:54 »

lol what a ****

Norris or taylor?

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #349 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 15:26:10 »
There goes my slightly regenerated bank account haha
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade