Author Topic: [Instock] HMX Canglan V2 Linear Switch/The first ever thocky HMX switch/Restock  (Read 51209 times)

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
304784-0

Discord:https://discord.gg/xprJb8Ta26

The HMX Canglan V2 switch is what most HMX enjoyers have been seeking, and the reason is that a thocky HMX linear switch is finally here. HMX switches are great, and I believe most people would agree with me on this point; however, the previous HMX switches share one significant feature which is that most of them are pretty clacky no matter the materials they are made of. We had a few choices that leaned toward the thocky side such as the Macchiato and Macaron switches, but they are only relatively thocky when compared to the other HMX options. We were desperately in need of a really thocky one, and the Canglan V2 could be what we have been waiting for.

Price

Price: 0.35 USD per switch

Switch Specifications

Switch type: Linear
Designer: YG Studio (Designer of the Macchiato Switches)
Manufacturer: HMX
Stem material: T2 (A mix of POM, LY, and P3 nylon)
Top Housings: P3 (30% fiberglass added PA66 with improved molding)
Bottom Housing: PA66 (Original PA66)
Operating Force: 42±5g
Bottom-out Force:  48±5g
Pre-travel: 2.0mm
Total Travel: 3.5±0.3mm
Spring: 20mm Single-Stage extended spring
Factory Lubed: Yes! on spring, stem feet, and stem sliders

304788-1
304790-2
304792-3
304794-4

The HMX Canglan V2 Switch

It is pretty safe to say that the Canglan V2 switches are currently the most thocky HMX switch. The main reason is that the T2 stem (ignore the random naming system) is mainly made of POM with some LY and P3 nylon added. Please allow me to break down the materials in the following sections.

Materials:

Regular PA66 and P3 have been old friends to many people who are familiar with HMX. PA66 is one of the most common nylon materials being used in switch production by many manufacturers. P3 is HMX's new nylon blend that comes with 30% fiberglass added to regular PA66. The nylon housings are also one of the main reasons that HMX switches clack.

What is different this time is the choice of the stem material. The T2 material is a mix of POM, LY, and P3 nylon. With POM as its main composition, the bottom-out sound becomes deeper and thockier. With LY added to it, the keystroke is smooth and slippery. With the P3 nylon added to it, the bottom-out would sound more refined and concentrated. When you combine them all together, what you get is a switch that has a deep, thocky, and loud bottom-out sound. In the meantime, the switch is also smooth and comes with a clean keystroke.

Design:

For the T2 stems to work out the best, HMX created a new set of stem molds specifically. Since T2 stem has LY added to it, it is necessary to consider the shrinkage issue that is natural to LY and UPE materials. HMX made adjustments to the design of the molds and made sure the stems' size and fit were just perfect after the production shrinkage. The T2 stem would fit in the switch housing just fine as it is neither too tight nor too loose. This ensures both the smoothness and minimum stem wobble.

Form of Sales

Time of Sales
December 7th, 2023

Vendor List

Global: Unikeys https://unikeyboards.com/

Reviews and Videos

Keetaro's HMX switch comparison video (Without the Canglan V2 switches)

Canglan V2 Sound Test on Cycle 7

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 January 2024, 17:27:58 by DashanYYY »

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Re: [Instock] HMX Canglan V2 Linear Switch/The first ever thocky HMX switch
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 21:41:29 »
Canglan V2 switches are now instock!

Offline ambermontgomery

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 December 2023, 00:54:05 »
When will it be on sale? I'm so excited pico park

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 December 2023, 01:36:30 »
When will it be on sale? I'm so excited pico park

Restock will happen in about 15 days.

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 15:02:38 »
Canglan V2 is now restocked

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Canglan V2 switches restocked

Offline LordOwen

Looking forward to the next restock; won't let me add more than 4 sets of 10 to my cart right now!

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Canglan V2 switches are restocked again!