Author Topic: [IC] Percent Platinum PT990 (65% Keyboard)  (Read 12260 times)

Offline ClickClack.io

• Find us on clickclack.io
    • clickclack.io
[IC] Percent Platinum PT990 (65% Keyboard)
« on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 18:37:45 »

Platinum PT990 - 65% Keyboard
Designed by Percent Studio
Index

- Intro
- Design
- Structure
- PCB and Layouts
- Specification
- Vendors
- Q&A
- IC Forms & Discord

Intro

Hello everyone, it's ClickClack, running yet another Percent Studio creation! I am very happy to be able to present our new work to everyone.

Let's talk about the Platinum series. Platinum is a very precious and rare metal, which is also why it is used to describe various achievements such as a singer's record sales reaching one million copies. So, when we decided to name our new series, we wanted it to convey elegance, simplicity, and nobility, just like the precious metal. We wanted it to be an artistic piece on your desk, and also our best work in terms of design and craftsmanship.

Thus, the PT990 was born, with its smooth and gentle lines that complement its flat and sharply defined design. This keyboard is currently the best design that Percent can offer. But just like platinum, there is never a 100% pure, flawless perfection.

Design

The PT990 continues Percent's minimalist style, using G2 variable chamfers in almost all corners to create a warm, visible metal finish.

There are a total of three badges on the PT990. Several patterns in the following picture have been tentatively decided, and they will be modified based on the preferences of the purchasing players in the future.

The PVD aluminum weight is available in silver, gunmetal, and gold. Stainless steel PVD, stainless steel brushed, and sandblasted copper are also available as options.

Structure

The inner structure of PT990 uses Owlab's highly innovative beryllium copper structure. It employs 8 custom-molded beryllium copper leafspring tabs to provide support for the entire inner structure, resulting in a very soft and responsive feel.

Together with their proprietary switch dampeners, the keyboard produces a very high-quality audio experience, comparable to that of a high-fidelity audio system. This design innovation significantly improves the keyboard's overall performance compared to those with conventional inner structures.

PCB and Layouts

The entire PCB is also designed with per-switch slots to ensure a soft and responsive feel. The layout is fixed because we only provide hotswap PCB this time. A non-flexcut PCB will also be offered however!

Colourways

└ CASIO (Stainless Steel PVD Blue weight)

└ Classic

└ Ice

└ Grey

└ Red

└ Coffee

└ Grape

└ Blush

└ Lake

└ Milk

Specification

► Materials: Alu, SS
► Layout: 65%
► Mount: Leafspring pin mount
► Plate material: FR4, PC, POM
► Foam: TBD

Vendors
Worldwide: ClickClack.io
Others: TBD

Q&A

What will be the estimated pricing?
Pricing TBD!

When will be groupbuy start?
Dates are TBD but will be notified soon!

Will this be unlimited groupbuy?
This will be unlimited units!

Gallery

Imgur Album

Interested?

This group buy will be handled by ClickClack.io, please contact the platform for more information.

Join ClickClack’s Discord for latest update, discussion, questions:

Fill in Interest Check Form:

Follow ClickClack's IG for other new projects:

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 May 2023, 06:09:50 by ClickClack.io »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [IC] Percent Platinum PT990 (65% Keyboard)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 19:16:07 »
platinum keyboard made out of aluminum?

Offline jccc.CC

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 19:23:48 »
Platinum just a series name

Offline section311

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 May 2023, 14:50:11 »
Great to see this go international. Really appreciate they added some colors that were available on One Percent Luna Series.

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 May 2023, 22:25:52 »
After the nightmare with their recent GBs, I wouldn't trust Percent, even if they signed a legally binding contract with me.

I had to fight them (Percent) for months to get a refund for a botched GB. Each week/month they would say they would send it soon and that they would add a compensation of $30. I wasn't even asking for compensation or being an ass to them. After almost half a year of constant emails, the guy refunded me without the compensation they promised and when I asked if they forgot it, the guy blocked me on Discord.

What also pissed me off is that on the 2nd or 3rd month I tried disputing it with PayPal and they magically printed a shipping label only for the shipping label to stay on Label created for another 3 months. They defended the dispute by telling Paypal that they did ship. Oh and their reasoning for not doing my order is that they "oversold" but didn't tell me after wasting all of my time.

My advise to anyone is to avoid them, regardless of who they use as a proxy.

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 15 May 2023, 21:07:41 »
After the nightmare with their recent GBs, I wouldn't trust Percent, even if they signed a legally binding contract with me.

I had to fight them (Percent) for months to get a refund for a botched GB. Each week/month they would say they would send it soon and that they would add a compensation of $30. I wasn't even asking for compensation or being an ass to them. After almost half a year of constant emails, the guy refunded me without the compensation they promised and when I asked if they forgot it, the guy blocked me on Discord.

What also pissed me off is that on the 2nd or 3rd month I tried disputing it with PayPal and they magically printed a shipping label only for the shipping label to stay on Label created for another 3 months. They defended the dispute by telling Paypal that they did ship. Oh and their reasoning for not doing my order is that they "oversold" but didn't tell me after wasting all of my time.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Percent. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with them, and I appreciate you taking the time to share review. It's important to hear about both positive and negative experiences, and I certainly keep your experience in mind.
In past two years, they have gone through the COVID-19 and changes in the studio's personnel structure, which led to many delays and communication issues. We have also actively helped some players resolve their misunderstandings with Percent, and if there is anything we can do to help, please feel free to contact. This year, Percent is partnering with us to improve their service. PT990 has been shipped in advance in China, with excellent product quality and improved service. We will help Percent communicate with customers and ensure that the progress of their products is timely announced to our customers.

Offline clucluclurin

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 07:13:17 »
I'm very confused because I have not received my purchases from them for a long time.
It is very painful to fight with them for so long.
i've been in contact with them and have been promised a shipment, but they have not sent it, only to repeat this over and over.
i'm tired of this.
i still continue to fight and try to correct their thinking.
In order for business to run smoothly, I think it is necessary for vendors to correct the attitude of manufacturers!
as long as PercentStudio's corporate ethos is misguided, I would never recommend any product from this manufacturer.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2023, 08:22:41 by clucluclurin »

Offline phatmasterq

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 09:36:02 »
i've heard wayy too many bad stories about percent. my money won't go near them.

remember this one?

t=89s&ab_channel=JYMV

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 12:22:33 »
I'm very confused because I have not received my purchases from them for a long time.
It is very painful to fight with them for so long.
i've been in contact with them and have been promised a shipment, but they have not sent it, only to repeat this over and over.
i'm tired of this.
i still continue to fight and try to correct their thinking.
In order for business to run smoothly, I think it is necessary for vendors to correct the attitude of manufacturers!
as long as PercentStudio's corporate ethos is misguided, I would never recommend any product from this manufacturer.
So your problem has not been solved yet? As we said before, if you can send our support team (support@clickclack.io) an email with the information, we can offer our help.

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 21:33:23 »

Thank you for sharing your experience with Percent. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with them, and I appreciate you taking the time to share review. It's important to hear about both positive and negative experiences, and I certainly keep your experience in mind.
In past two years, they have gone through the COVID-19 and changes in the studio's personnel structure, which led to many delays and communication issues. We have also actively helped some players resolve their misunderstandings with Percent, and if there is anything we can do to help, please feel free to contact. This year, Percent is partnering with us to improve their service. PT990 has been shipped in advance in China, with excellent product quality and improved service. We will help Percent communicate with customers and ensure that the progress of their products is timely announced to our customers.

Oh I trust you Click clack, that's not the issue. My issue is with Percent. I cannot support them and advice future customer to avoid them, unless they want to go through what I went through or others did. I wasn't the only one they treated like this. There were others on their Discord that also got the shaft or received something late and with issues.

Offline clucluclurin

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 22:03:31 »
My problem has not been resolved. It has not been shipped for 6 months even though it is in stock.
That is the trouble not through ClickClack.
When I contact them, they say they will ship tomorrow. This is a repetitive process.
There are around 10 people having similar problems.
Since there are so few people, the solution is simple: just ship it out.
It seems that they are either lazy or something is deliberately not shipping.
My point was that without fixing this problem, the new Interest Check will only make the problem worse.
It will affect ClickClacks' business.
Many people are concerned about the spirit of enterprise of the manufacturer.
I hope ClickClack understands that.
I have a lot of faith in ClickClack.
I have written a lot of opinions and I know that this is a trustworthy and directly unrelated issue, but we are in a situation where we have no choice but to rely on ClickClack.
We would very much appreciate your cooperation.

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 31 May 2023, 07:54:34 »
We appreciate the players who shared their negative shopping experiences, as it provides us with directions for improving our services.

Due to communication issues, Percent has indeed caused some customers to have a bad shopping experience, Percent and we apologize to these players. Percent has already handled remaining after-sales issues in recent days, and if there are any remaining issues, please do not hesitate to contact Percent in Discord or ClickClack. Please trust in Percent and ClickClack, we will work together to provide all buyers with a good shopping experience in the future.

Let's discuss PT990's design further, and if you have any suggestions or feedback, please fill the IC form or join our discord.

Offline hzh0525

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 01 June 2023, 14:47:57 »
Let's Go!

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 03:01:13 »
We appreciate the players who shared their negative shopping experiences, as it provides us with directions for improving our services.

Due to communication issues, Percent has indeed caused some customers to have a bad shopping experience, Percent and we apologize to these players. Percent has already handled remaining after-sales issues in recent days, and if there are any remaining issues, please do not hesitate to contact Percent in Discord or ClickClack. Please trust in Percent and ClickClack, we will work together to provide all buyers with a good shopping experience in the future.

Let's discuss PT990's design further, and if you have any suggestions or feedback, please fill the IC form or join our discord.

I don't think you understand. They have a history of being terrible. Their bad reputation will always haunt them, no matter who they partner with.

I'm surprised you guys didn't check their history before taking them on as a partner.

Offline pakhtunov

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 08:38:57 »

« Last Edit: Thu, 29 June 2023, 08:46:21 by pakhtunov »

Offline ppatches24

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 02 July 2023, 06:36:07 »
A price ball park would be great. Will it be more or less than 400 usd? Youtube video title says 700 XD thats a joke or a typo right?

Offline pakhtunov

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 15 July 2023, 19:13:45 »
700 is a full keyboard incl. switches, keycaps and stabs.
500-550 is for the kit only. If you can find it for that price :3
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 July 2023, 19:17:32 by pakhtunov »