Author Topic: QWERTY to Colemak via hardware. USB key or built in hardware/firmware?  (Read 45048 times)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
QWERTY to Colemak via hardware. USB key or built in hardware/firmware?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13 July 2011, 14:06:52 »
There were a few... perhaps  Humble Hacker  on GH here.

Also the Symmetric Stagger board and the not yet completed Pedantic hacker board

And that's not counting a number of unpublished boards I've stumbled across in my time here and my own unpublished board as well.  :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 July 2011, 14:14:04 by alaricljs »
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 13 July 2011, 14:28:48 »
Sure about that?  There's a NEW C64 that is a complete computer...
Quote from: McLaren;269871
Nirvana at last - at least for some - the Commodore 64 is reborn as an Atom-powered NetTop! With a Cherry keyboard, no less.

Announcement

Show Image

Better shot of the keyboard:
Show Image

From the main page: "The new Commodore 64 features genuine Cherry brand key switches, which provide a feel much better than the original, with a lovely IBM classic mechanism and click sound. The keys are the exact same shape as the original and are color matched. No expense has been spared. This is the ultimate hackers keyboard on which to wield your key-fu."

More on the Commodore 64
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 July 2011, 14:31:10 »
Sure about that?  There's a NEW C64 that is a complete computer...
Quote from: McLaren;269871
Nirvana at last - at least for some - the Commodore 64 is reborn as an Atom-powered NetTop! With a Cherry keyboard, no less.

Announcement

Better shot of the keyboard:
Show Image

From the main page: "The new Commodore 64 features genuine Cherry brand key switches, which provide a feel much better than the original, with a lovely IBM classic mechanism and click sound. The keys are the exact same shape as the original and are color matched. No expense has been spared. This is the ultimate hackers keyboard on which to wield your key-fu."

More on the Commodore 64

Aha!  Here we go:  GH thread  but he either hasn't done it yet or at least hasn't shared it.  There is one in the thread linked to that was done with an Arduino....
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 12:22:50 »
Quote from: dante;379661
thats not it - that looks professional - this was something that looked like it was made in the garage.  I remember the cherry switches looking like they were being held down by some sort of clay like substance.

Here it is...

I sent an email a week ago asking to collaborate on this GH project.

http://www.key64.com/
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 12:24:43 »
Quote from: dante;380258
If we were sitting next to each other I would be the sandwich/coffee *****!

You better be unbelievably smoking hot.   lol  :)
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 12:47:10 »
Here is a very good related thread on deskthority. I posted/linked this thread there as well. Take a look.

http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 15:21:06 »
Quote from: eyesnine;379247
I just tested my KBC Poker with a USB to PS/2 passive adapter, and it works perfectly. So, Hasu's PS/2 to USB converter/remapper/programmer should work well with a Poker, provided an adapter is used.

Hasu, it's great to hear that you're interested and checking this thread. As more people get involved we'll be able to figure out better ways to collaborate.

I think that this project could be very successful. It is something that is of great use to people that write code for a living, so it should attract some really solid contributors if we can get the ball rolling and spread the word a little more.

That's very interesting; I'd like to have the arrows on ESDF rather than WASD. Do you have any thoughts on how this can be accomplished with Hasu's PS/2 to USB with regard to the Fn keys? I suppose they don't have scan codes.
What\'s in the back of my car? A cdr lol

Split Tipro keyboard with R3 keycaps

Offline eyesnine

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 15:29:39 »
Quote from: dante;380318
So what is the shopping list so far?

Teensy++ 2.0,  $24, http://www.pjrc.com/

What other things needed?  You mentioned Arduino but there are a lot of variations on this.  Which one is needed?  If you give me a part number I will volunteer to shop around for the best price.
From Hasu's plans, the only things needed are a Teensy (or Teensy++), a female PS/2 port with a lead (that can be had from any cheap PS/2 to USB converter), and a USB cable. That's all.

Quote from: Minskleip;380440
That's very interesting; I'd like to have the arrows on ESDF rather than WASD. Do you have any thoughts on how this can be accomplished with Hasu's PS/2 to USB with regard to the Fn keys? I suppose they don't have scan codes.
I would swap the Alt and left Win keys with the DIP switches. Then, I would use the left Win key to access a separate layer with Hasu's PS/2 to USB instead of the Poker's Fn key. I could design a whole layer that way (I might assign layer modifier key (left Win Key) + Caps Lock as left Win key, so I don't lose that key, it is useful sometimes). The right Fn key might not be so useful if it doesn't have a scan code, and I don't think that it does.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 July 2011, 15:33:58 by eyesnine »

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 15:37:23 »
Hm yes.. Hasu added many layers to his HHKB, so skipping the "physical" virtual layer at all is a good idea.

Having a Teensy dongle with this would be so awesome - one can use it with Ripster's Multiultra Model M and get a (more) proper HHKB layout on a buckling spring keyboard too! Extra bonus if you cut away all the crud on the sides (F keys and numpad).

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 17:20:19 »
I went and got me a new Teensy to do PS/2 to USB :) Now just find a smart way to mount it in an enclosure. I'm a bit reluctant to modify the Poker before I've even received it.

Offline theferenc

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 20:26:25 »
I used legos to mount mine.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline eyesnine

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 20:31:51 »
Quote from: Minskleip;380505
I went and got me a new Teensy to do PS/2 to USB :) Now just find a smart way to mount it in an enclosure. I'm a bit reluctant to modify the Poker before I've even received it.
See if you can think of something that hasn't been done and posted in this thread: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f178/post-your-dev-board-housing-case-pics-pimp-your-case-65633/

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 20:36:34 »
It seems the original thread that was closed, is also now gone? If there was any info or links in that thread of value here, please re-post.

Old link:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?19094-Want-a-USB-key-to-translate-QWERTY-into-Colemak-Come-this-way...

Offline bdpq

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 01:37:49 »
Hi all,

My wife posts on the colemak forum and here is her idea about the USB dongle:

"I can see it become a separate class of peripheral of its own.   One can perhaps store macros, sms/email templates / login credentials (so the dongle can even function like a hardware key - credentials encrypted in the hardware, not in the OS)."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
where the heck is green?

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 01:44:07 »
Exactly!

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 04:24:27 »
Quote from: theferenc;380616
I used legos to mount mine.

How do you make sure that the Teensy doesn't move around in there?

Quote from: eyesnine;380623
See if you can think of something that hasn't been done and posted in this thread: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f178/post-your-dev-board-housing-case-pics-pimp-your-case-65633/

Oh I'm so unimaginative, I thought of soldering it to an experiment card with header pins, and mounting the experiment card in a box with screws.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 07:28:01 »
Hot melt glue is amazingly strong and yet so temporary... :)  

And with that last from bdpq - looks like you might want to look into interfacing a microSD... :)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 08:00:18 »
Micro SD....nice. Had not considered that. Would that create more complications to read/write, or is that just another chip with standard firmware?

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 08:03:16 »
PJRC the teensy guys have it on a piggyback board... In their projects section there is at least 1 item doing fat R/W to the card.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline eyesnine

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 08:25:08 »
Quote from: alaricljs;380883
PJRC the teensy guys have it on a piggyback board... In their projects section there is at least 1 item doing fat R/W to the card.
Yeah, I've thought about this before. Should it be part of the standard package for this project? It does open a lot of doors.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 12:30:34 »
Quote from: eyesnine;380888
Yeah, I've thought about this before. Should it be part of the standard package for this project? It does open a lot of doors.

Without me creating a discussion mess, these are my questions:

1-Does adding the Micro SD prevent other parts of the project? (is it purely an add, or does it create any barriers at the same time?)
2-Is it something that is almost "tacked on" so it could be an option, or would it be a fundamental part of the unit?
3-The info the Micro SD would provide...can you outline several of those items, and how you see it working? (scenarios?)

Offline eyesnine

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 21:26:05 »
1) It decreases the number of free I/O, other than that I don't see that it takes anything away. It would make case design more challenging.

2) Well, it wouldn't really do anything towards the original goal of providing a hardware Colemak converter...

3) However, for storing word lists, long macros, key logging or remembering passwords, it will probably be necessary.

My vote is to forget about it for now and come back to it for version 2.0. I'll be happy with a simple Colemak converter.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 July 2011, 21:29:42 by eyesnine »

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 21:37:16 »
1- no prob
2- no prob
3- no prob

Coolio!

Offline theferenc

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 23:22:42 »
My thought actually was always to use MicroSD to store the macros and the conversion tables. Here's why:

If they are stored as a simple text file, that is saved to a specific place, the firmware can just read it and load up the table on the fly. But it would also SERIOUSLY ease the difficulty of a layout modification program that could be deployed alongside. It may even be possible to use the MS provided keyboard layout tool to read and write that file, assuming we can get an output file that is parsable.

So the user could create whatever layout they want, and all they have to do to try it out is to unplug and replug the teensy after defining and saving it.

Macros, replacements, etc. could all be done the same way, though I see replacements as being a bit of a bad idea, in that it would, by necessity, increase complexity considerably. Having to backspace in a system-independent way to erase it, replacing it with new text, only when it shows up on it's own, or in a specific way...it could get pretty complicated pretty quickly. For instance, is "lol" in Lola something that should be expanded, or not? We would have to handle it only when it sees 'space l o l space', and even then, it may be more complicated than I'm seeing.

I think we should definitely NOT include a key logger. As it is, being allowed to hook this thing up to even semi-secure systems is unlikely. If someone finds out there is a keylogger in it, as well, even if it only captures from our keyboard, it will NEVER be approved.

That last is also why the code DEFINITELY needs to be available. If we can't provide it to the IT security group, some of us won't be able to use it.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 16 July 2011, 06:53:30 »
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth... :-p

How's the proof of concept USB to USB hardware coming along?

Offline theferenc

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 16 July 2011, 10:20:11 »
Soarer, you don't think storing the remaps as a text file would work? As soon as I get the SD reader from PJRC, I was planning on working on that exact thing.

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 20 July 2011, 13:33:15 »
Lightweight USB Framework for AVRs. The library is currently in a stable release, suitable for download and incorporation into user projects for both host and device modes.

What's needed for USB -> USB?

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 20 July 2011, 17:44:18 »
Quote from: theferenc;381442
Soarer, you don't think storing the remaps as a text file would work? As soon as I get the SD reader from PJRC, I was planning on working on that exact thing.

Sorry, I missed your reply until now! I was only making a (friendly!) dig at the ever growing requirements list, since the first step in this is clearly to get some USB to USB hardware/firmware running. If that can't be done sufficiently well, the rest is moot.

Teensys have a small amount of eeprom that would be ideal for storing stuff in, and it wouldn't take much to provide a simple interface over USB to read/write it. I'd favour using a script on the host to compile from text file to some format that's ready for the code on the Teensy to deal with, because that can easily be cross-platform and it's far easier to debug stuff on the host than on the Teensy!

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 20 July 2011, 18:32:28 »
U-S-B! U-S-B! We want U-S-B!
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 July 2011, 18:46:57 by input nirvana »

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 21 July 2011, 08:39:36 »
Quote from: Minskleip;384158
What's needed for USB -> USB?

Some more from LUFA http://www.fourwalledcubicle.com/LUFA.php:

LUFA (Lightweight USB Framework for AVRs, formerly known as MyUSB) is my first foray into the world of USB. It is an open-source complete USB stack for the USB-enabled Atmel AT90USBxxxx and ATMEGAxxUx AVR microcontroller series, released under the permissive MIT License (see documentation or project source for full license details). The complete line of Atmel USB AVRs and USB AVR boards are supported by the library, as are any custom user boards, via custom board hardware drivers supplied by the user.

•Keyboard Device
•Keyboard/Mouse Device
•Keyboard Host
•Keyboard Host/Device Dual Mode
•Mass Storage Device
•Mass Storage/Keyboard Device
•Mass Storage Host

Seems like this should work right? Just need hardware and circuit diagram.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 21 July 2011, 09:04:21 »
Right, LUFA requires a HOST capable AVR to be a USB host for your keyboard, and then you can use V-USB to be the device.  Or you can use 2 AVRs, 1 as host and use SPI to communicate to the 2nd that operates as the device.

The problem here comes from not being able to use something off the shelf like a teensy.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 21 July 2011, 10:03:32 »
I found this USB host arduino shield whose arduino library is available at github.
$20 Mini is reasonable but it costs $15 for shipping to Japan :(
It looks like this shield and Teensy is promising though I don't look into much yet.

http://www.circuitsathome.com/products-page/arduino-shields/

Edit:
I went to Akihabara and bought this sparkfun version today.
Both shield uses same MAX3421E chip.
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9947
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 July 2011, 03:37:26 by hasu »

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 22 July 2011, 08:24:19 »
Quote from: alaricljs;384705
Right, LUFA requires a HOST capable AVR to be a USB host for your keyboard, and then you can use V-USB to be the device.  Or you can use 2 AVRs, 1 as host and use SPI to communicate to the 2nd that operates as the device.

The problem here comes from not being able to use something off the shelf like a teensy.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 20:43:19 »
I started a thread about something meant to to obtain similar goals, as my Idea was not intended as a Colemak only thing, I haven't link here.

But sordna pointed me to this thread

Project idea, the universal keyboard controller (Soarer's opinion needed)

So do you think is wort to keep the two thread separate or not ?
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 July 2011, 20:47:09 by The Solutor »
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 21:00:30 »
I love the other thread. I should, it sounds just like this one :)

My suggestion is to move those posts over here, and I already spoke to iMav about converting this thread into a wiki. I just want to be sure we have a very good, descriptive name. Keep in mind, this thread/wiki will be around and active for a long time and we want it to be easily found by people on the web.

So what do you say? 1)Combine the threads, 2)come up with a great title, and 3)have iMav earn his keep by moving the combined thread into a wiki page?

Offline sordna

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 21:11:12 »
Yes, these threads should be combined. And Solutor, it looks like threads cannot be renamed after all, I see you changed the OP but the actual thread and URL still has my name on it :-)
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 05:54:04 »
Quote from: input nirvana;388482
I love the other thread. I should, it sounds just like this one :)

My suggestion is to move those posts over here, and I already spoke to iMav about converting this thread into a wiki. I just want to be sure we have a very good, descriptive name. Keep in mind, this thread/wiki will be around and active for a long time and we want it to be easily found by people on the web.

So what do you say? 1)Combine the threads, 2)come up with a great title, and 3)have iMav earn his keep by moving the combined thread into a wiki page?

Yes sure looks a good way, Surely a good title is needed as the Colemak thing will keep most of the interested people away
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 July 2011, 06:00:34 by The Solutor »
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 05:59:08 »
Quote from: sordna;388487
And Solutor, it looks like threads cannot be renamed after all

Looks just as the Murphy's law applied to GH.

Don't know if Imav played with the admin settings in the latest days...

Titles can definitely be changed, just look at xda, for example.

There the people who update a ROM or a program keeps changing the title and this happens since the born of the universe...

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 10:42:28 »
BTW back to topic.

2)come up with a great title

What about

Project idea: the universal, programmable, keyboard controller/layout converter

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 12:57:39 »
Quote from: The Solutor;388741
BTW back to topic.

What about

Project idea: the universal, programmable, keyboard controller/layout converter

Open source, programmable, controller/layout converter?

Please add words or actual possible titles to this list.

KEY WORDS LIST: (things that the unit will be able to do, or what it is)
programmable
open source
controller (that's what it is)
converter
layout
universal
USB
hardware/firmware

I don't want to make the title too big of a deal, but I don't want to gloss over it either. A couple days with some good input should produce a great working project title that is internet searchable.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 July 2011, 13:10:39 by input nirvana »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 17:54:43 »
Anyone follows the discussion in "Open Source" Generic keyboard controller thread?
It must be related to this subject, I have not read completely though.

How about recycle of this thread?
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:7260&highlight=open+source+firmware

Offline bluecar5556

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 21:26:40 »
Edit: There seems to only be one discussion forum for an entire WIKI article with multiple topics.  Does that mean that people will be potentially communicating on more than one subject in the discussion forum from a USB to USB layout converter to a universal DIY keyboard controller?  If that is the case, my personal opinion is it would be better to have one discussion forum per topic, thereby concentrating everyone's focus on the task at hand rather than possibly derailing with another topic.  Is this possible with a wiki article?  Regardless, there is a trade off on both scenario's from keeping everything in one location to everyone saying on topic so the question is, what is more important I suppose?

Perhaps Paul Stoffregen from PJRC.com (The manu. of teensy) would be interested in helping with development?  

"Paul's email is paul@pjrc.com. Technical questions should go to Paul. All sorts of technical questions are ok, but please try to be specific and include enough detail about your setup. If you have a PJRC product, be sure to specify exactly which one and what revision it is. If you've built your own hardware, Paul will have an easier time and be able to help much more if you include technical information such as a schematic and source code. Paul also edits most of the HTML and CGI that runs the website, so if some part of the site isn't working or has an error, it's best to email Paul about it."

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 02 August 2011, 21:44:17 »
Been doing some snooping on the site for some custom made keyboards, controllers, code, etc. I took another look at Dox's project with the teensy and the code he used and modified, the Symetric Stagger keyboard and a couple others. Is there anything that is existing or can be modified from these projects that will suit our needs, or is the foundation too different?

Offline Freyth

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 01:24:37 »
How about 3 inputs: USB, PS/2, AT all-in-one with the output a USB?

Offline bluecar5556

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 23:57:37 »
Isn't PS/2 and AT exactly the same, just a smaller connector?  I unknowingly bought my kinesis off eBay with a AT connector then right after unboxing it for the first time, I could have pulled out a pistol and started shooting it senseless as if it were threatening my life.  That thing is HUGE!  Wow, talk about being caught off guard!  Luckily, they terminate up to a PS/2 connector just fine.  

How about we keep it simple until some magic happens?

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 06 August 2011, 00:04:57 »
I don't see the point in an AT connector, it will only make the unit needlessly bigger. But since there is no electrical difference, it's something that could be popped on no sweat. It doesn't need to be engineered into the design.

Gotta name this project and start the wiki page.

Offline sordna

Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 17 August 2011, 15:08:21 »
Yes, it's time to bring in another motivated and talented body. Need to make the wiki page...a good title from anybody, or at least debate one?

Offline theferenc

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 01:18:49 »
Just to let people know, I may be able to enlist some ECE and CS students to actually implement this idea. I'll keep folks posted.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 11 September 2011, 10:57:20 »
A-HA!

Life just keeps getting better. I can send a controller board to you as a reference point (sometimes it's helpful, sometimes it just creates limitations to free thinking).

I'm going to do some zen this weekend and come up with a title so this can be made into a wiki, and then pm the people that have shown an interest or done similar work to revive and work out a goal list.