Author Topic: Looking for SA + PBT + Thick keycaps  (Read 5021 times)

Offline out8484

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Re: Looking for SA + PBT + Thick keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 22:11:41 »
Checked varmilo keycaps? They have many colorful keycaps.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 12:54:06 »
Can't help you with green, but PMK has a PBT SA set on sale that's black text on white keys.  They also have a limited edition version of the set with blue text ("TKL Special Edition"):
https://pimpmykeyboard.com/sa-p-snow-cap-keyset-original/

Offline mode

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 00:41:50 »
Expect imperfect caps if you for any manufacturer that isn't Signature Plastics or Maxkey

I have a PBT SA set from winmax and the legends are wonky, as are some stems.

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 15:35:02 »
Lately I have found Signature Plastics fonts crooked, lopped off ETC. Just as bad as a $20 set now. YMMV. I am not sure if I saw 2 bad sets in a row or if their QC is slipping. If this is how it is going to be there is no reason not to buy a $20 set then. Since as you said that was all that differentiated them previously. That is all your $200 bought you. If no longer, than no reason to spend it IMO. TBH I may have just had bad specimens. I certainly hope so. Also 1.4MM is all you need. I would like to see a blind test where you tell the difference between 1.4MM and 1.9MM. Of the same height and profile of course. It is much more important that the board is very solid. I feel a 60-65% board should weigh in excess of 20 pounds. As you all are aware I am crazy as well. However, it is not hard to make a mini board weigh that much either.