Author Topic: $10 for one of these here in Brazil... is it worthy?  (Read 2028 times)

Offline dicho

$10 for one of these here in Brazil... is it worthy?
« on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 20:55:43 »
Hey guys, I am tempted to try an item equal to this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FKD46AK208-AT-Keyboard-MADE-IN-TAIWAN-/150635786996#ht_682wt_1039

it is about $10 (15 BRL) here in Brazil, but I have no idea of which switch type is this.
I appreciate if you can help me to find out what the frak is this switch (or if it is just an ordinary membrane/dome disguised as some cruciform temptation).

Best regards!

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 22:36:51 »
My brain says check the wiki, but my heart says make something up and pretend like it was a joke if dead wrong. Decisions.
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline bloodygood

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 23:13:49 »
I was looking up the model number earlier and remember reading something that made me believe it was a rubber dome keyboard, I can't be certain as it seemed like they were talking on broken english. But I would check with a seller if you can type on it first, that is the best way to know for sure.
Current collection: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown, IBM Model M, Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite II, Dell AT101W.
Looking for: IBM Model M SpaceSaver, HHKB Topre keychain. >> Feedback Thread

Offline dicho

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 23:22:00 »
Quote from: Oqsy;440241
My brain says check the wiki, but my heart says make something up and pretend like it was a joke if dead wrong. Decisions.

I have been looking into the wiki(s) for hours so far, could not find any reference.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 23:49:50 »
Pretty sure its some rubber dome, probably Seijin OEM. One of the easier ways to tell is the top plate and the 'switch' housing are the same piece.

Offline dicho

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 23:55:07 »
Quote from: lysol;440278
Pretty sure its some rubber dome, probably Seijin OEM. One of the easier ways to tell is the top plate and the 'switch' housing are the same piece.

Thanks. Won't buy it unless some collector wants me to source it.