Author Topic: ...  (Read 1503 times)

Offline FRD

« on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 14:32:00 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 December 2014, 14:40:27 by FRD »

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
Re: 60% keyboard with PS/2 support?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 15:12:56 »
Fully programmable would a big plus. With PBT keycaps out of box, preferable.

Is there anything else, expect Leopold FC660M? Do i remember correctly that there were some editions of FC660M with dye sub keycaps included?

I could alternatively look for TKL board, but would like to see if there's anything fitting with a smaller form factor.

The only two that I know in the strictly 60% form factor are the Poker X and the KBT Pure (but not the Pure Pro).

The Poker 2, the HHKB, the FC660C and many recent keyboards are unfortunately all USB only.

The Poker is not programmable, but for me it was interesting precisely because it is PS/2: I have several adapters made by Hasu that convert any PS/2 keyboard into a FULLY programmable one. However the adapter connects to the computer with a USB interface. So the Poker X plus the adapter is actually a USB keyboard, seen from the computer.

I know for sure that the FC660C is USB only. I don't know about the FC660M, but don't assume it is until you get the info from a trustable source.

The Cherry G84-4100 is PS/2. It has a small form factor. But you will need to lube the switches: they are Cherry ML and really need to be lubricated. Once they are, it's a decent keyboard.

Offline FRD

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 15:37:20 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 December 2014, 14:40:25 by FRD »

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
Re: 60% keyboard with PS/2 support?
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 04:02:28 »
I know for sure that the FC660C is USB only. I don't know about the FC660M, but don't assume it is until you get the info from a trustable source.

It states so on the sheet on Leopold's own site, thought the keyboard itself doesn't come with PS/2 adapter so that's warring. The FC750R for example have PS/2 support too and does have adapter included in the accessories.

OK, then the FC660M is PS/2 compatible.

I have the FC660C and it's a very nice Topre keyboard. The FC660M does not have Topre switches, it has Cherry MX switches. So it's a totally different built.

However the layout is fine, so I think that the FC660M is a good choice if you really need PS/2 and do not want to go up to TKL in size.

I remap the Ins and Del keys on my FC660C to Home and End (which I use very often), and for me it's almost as good as a TKL. The keyboard is not programmable, so I use a remap utility on the computer itself.

Offline engicoder

Re: 60% (or maybe TKL) keyboard with PS/2 support?
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 10:40:03 »
Some siig minitouch have white alps and is a 75%-ish PS/2 board. They seem to come up frequently on eBay.