Author Topic: Help me make a cable  (Read 59103 times)

Offline mrlooolz

Help me make a cable
« on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 07:33:58 »
Hi, I recently got my ducky and would like to make a few cables from Pexon.

Could somebody give me a small explanation on what the options are and the differences. I tried to read up on the website, but the amount of information is over whelming.

Ideally will get two cables, one with a coil and one with out. Also looking for the best kind of material/double sleeving etc. I just don't understand what Telios and 550 are and stuff like that >.>

Appreciated!
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Help me make a cable
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 17:28:07 »

Could somebody give me a small explanation on what the options are and the differences. I tried to read up on the website, but the amount of information is over whelming.

Ideally will get two cables, one with a coil and one with out. Also looking for the best kind of material/double sleeving etc. I just don't understand what Telios and 550 are and stuff like that >.>

Appreciated!

So with a Ducky, you are probably going to need a Mini USB cable. This connector:

So that's either Mini USB (male) or Gold plated Mini USB male in either connector #1 or connector #2. For the other end, if you want a standard USB connector to go into your PC, you will want USB A Male. Again, you can get it gold plated if you like.

Sleeving wise, there are two types of sleeving, telios and paracord. 550 is the type of paracord that Pexon uses, which is a fabric feel type of cable. There are lots of colours to choose from, with some fantastic patterns for pretty much every colour scheme. Telios is a plastic type sleeving, which feels very sturdy. Double sleeving can be applied to any type of sleeving but it doesn't work well with coils.

I believe there is a typo about coils. It used to say you need three feet of cable for each foot of coil, I think the seven feet it says on there is wrong.

So basically, 550 is paracord (fabric feel) and telios is the plastic finish.

Here are the basic paracord colours (there are more zombie colours under sleeving options on the site) -> http://imgur.com/pTuSSNq

And here are the telios colours -> http://imgur.com/hHg5W3g
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 21:50:48 »

Appreciated!

So with a Ducky, you are probably going to need a Mini USB cable. This connector:

Show Image

So that's either Mini USB (male) or Gold plated Mini USB male in either connector #1 or connector #2. For the other end, if you want a standard USB connector to go into your PC, you will want USB A Male. Again, you can get it gold plated if you like.

Sleeving wise, there are two types of sleeving, telios and paracord. 550 is the type of paracord that Pexon uses, which is a fabric feel type of cable. There are lots of colours to choose from, with some fantastic patterns for pretty much every colour scheme. Telios is a plastic type sleeving, which feels very sturdy. Double sleeving can be applied to any type of sleeving but it doesn't work well with coils.

I believe there is a typo about coils. It used to say you need three feet of cable for each foot of coil, I think the seven feet it says on there is wrong.

So basically, 550 is paracord (fabric feel) and telios is the plastic finish.

Here are the basic paracord colours (there are more zombie colours under sleeving options on the site) -> http://imgur.com/pTuSSNq

And here are the telios colours -> http://imgur.com/hHg5W3g

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for! I appreciate it!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 21:59:20 »
And what about techflex? I don't know where can I find the color of techflex cause I'm planning on making coiled double sleeve cable

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 23:31:38 »
And what about techflex? I don't know where can I find the color of techflex cause I'm planning on making coiled double sleeve cable

I think with techflex you p much have just a standard set of solid colours. I'm not sure exactly sure what the range of colours are, but I think they are basically just like the shrink colours.

No problem :)

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 23:52:35 »
Ill make something today and run it by you here

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 02:59:59 »

I think with techflex you p much have just a standard set of solid colours. I'm not sure exactly sure what the range of colours are, but I think they are basically just like the shrink colours.

No problem :)
Thank you katuskhin I'm gonna go with the teleios and paracord  :thumb: