Author Topic: the Norbaforce: after-market housing for RealForce TKL keyboards — SHIPPED  (Read 251789 times)

Offline richard912

Re: the Norbaforce: after-market housing for RealForce TKL keyboards
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 21:11:15 »
Tick ! Tock ! For those still on the fence.

Offline luminor

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 00:05:07 »
if only matte white color available i won't be in this situation, i narrow it down to tactical black or space station white, tick tock tick tock

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 02:07:13 »
I caved and bought this after the bill cycle reset. I'm not gonna lie when I say this is definitely going to be worth it. Now I just need my Novatouch case to come in and I will be drowning in Topre heaven.

Offline Makami

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 04:53:29 »
Good evening,

just entered for a Tactical Black one and want to express that I'm very grateful to you norbauer to make this happen and fulfill one of my dreams!

My Realforce is very excited to get that new luxury and I've to take care she is going to stay calm for the next couple of months, which will be very hard.
She is going to look even more gorgeous than now  ;)

(Attachment Link)

Have a nice day

@Makami what color did you finally choose? I am getting nervous  :eek: but I am quite decided between TacticalBlack / RetroRefrigerator / SpaceStationWhite...

Hi buddy,

I've taken Tactical Black (hard anodized) / Standard (no blockers).

Cheers

Offline letze

• Here I am~
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 07:38:32 »
In with anodized aluminium. But sadly no paypal credit option for me. If yes, would take retro refrigrator or monte carlo instead.
HHKB Professional 2 Type S Stock | Topre RF 87U + Norbaforce + Mix BKE Heavy 60g/ Stock 55g + Silencing ring + Slight lubed with [Krytox GPL 105 housing] & [Krytox GPL 205 stab]

Offline Fadamaque

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 12:14:45 »
One last idiotic question from me: Will the dip switches still work on the 87u? (For changing the caps lock/ctrl buttons)
RF87U, HHKB

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #306 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 12:16:30 »
One last idiotic question from me: Will the dip switches still work on the 87u? (For changing the caps lock/ctrl buttons)

Absolutely. You'll just need to remove the back cover to access them. I figured this was better than a cutout since surely people aren't flipping them very often.

Offline Fadamaque

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 12:21:59 »
Thanks for the quick reply. I will hopefully pull the trigger on the anodized aluminum by the end of the weekend.
RF87U, HHKB

Offline tron

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 15:10:26 »
Is it possible to source the Topre pebble/pearl caps without having to buy another Realforce? I have the black 55g Realforce with dark grey caps but would rather have the pebble/pearl caps with the white Norbaforce case.

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 17:42:30 »
Enigma grey is on its way...  **** my wallet :D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #310 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 17:43:26 »
Is it possible to source the Topre pebble/pearl caps without having to buy another Realforce? I have the black 55g Realforce with dark grey caps but would rather have the pebble/pearl caps with the white Norbaforce case.

Could probably swap with someone?

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #311 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 17:43:44 »
Enigma grey is on its way...  **** my wallet :D

Only the finest for Guybrush Threepwood.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #312 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 17:45:20 »
Hey Ryan, just watched the Top Clack review. Couple of points:

1) From programmability, you should try getting in touch with TerryMatthews as he ports QMK to tons of boards: https://github.com/TerryMathews . u/jetpacktuxedo on Reddit also does some porting/design work. You could even maybe contact Hasu.

I for one would be okay with a delay and an extra fee per person if it meant we'd get an upgrade to a programmable breakout circuit board.

2) Any chance you have tested multiple types of foam to determine which would be ideal for the board? If not, any links to the foam you used or would like to use if you don't recommend the one you got? So far the couple of videos I've seen have a hollow sound and I think I'll just go with the foam from the first day.

3) Any chance GB participants can be supplied with the files for the bottom/back of the keyboard in case someone (me) would like to CNC a brass version some time down the line for added weight?

Otherwise, I'm super excited to get my case down the line. :)

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #313 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 17:54:29 »
I for one would be okay with a delay and an extra fee per person if it meant we'd get an upgrade to a programmable breakout circuit board.

2) Any chance you have tested multiple types of foam to determine which would be ideal for the board? If not, any links to the foam you used or would like to use if you don't recommend the one you got? So far the couple of videos I've seen have a hollow sound and I think I'll just go with the foam from the first day.

3) Any chance GB participants can be supplied with the files for the bottom/back of the keyboard in case som

+1.

- Would love Hasu or QMK controller. In the meantime a USB-to-USB converter might work.
- Would love premium foam option.
- Would also love polished pvd brass (mirrored nickel finish) backplate to match the famous mirrored bottom of the HHKB HG.

These would all be great add-on options for later group buys and since each is discrete it wouldn't effect this GB.

Problem for Norbauer is that he is so successful he is drowning in GB requests for numpads, plates, 660C, controllers, etc etc etc. I think there is also room for others in the community to innovate as well. :) Would love to see more Realforce collabs.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 December 2017, 18:04:52 by amoswetherbee »

Offline shadow

« Reply #314 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 04:52:41 »
Hey,

I have been following this case project on the forums (silently) for a long time now and its awesome that it has gone on sale - the case looks fantastic! Just wondering what you think would look best with the stock black-on-black Realforce key caps?

I really cant decide between Aerospace Aluminum, Tactical Black or Space Station White..   :-\   :'(

At some point I may also get another Realforce keyboard with white keycaps (I quite like the look of Aerospace Aluminum with white keycaps shown in the photos).. however I will stick with the black keycaps for a long time, but I am not sure about the Aerospace Aluminum with black key caps?

Im starting to sway towards the tactical black.. but so hard to decide.. and so little time left, anything that could help make up my mind would be much appreciated! :D

Thanks!

Offline richard912

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 05:10:40 »
Hey,

I have been following this case project on the forums (silently) for a long time now and its awesome that it has gone on sale - the case looks fantastic! Just wondering what you think would look best with the stock black-on-black Realforce key caps?

I really cant decide between Aerospace Aluminum, Tactical Black or Space Station White..   :-\   :'(

At some point I may also get another Realforce keyboard with white keycaps (I quite like the look of Aerospace Aluminum with white keycaps shown in the photos).. however I will stick with the black keycaps for a long time, but I am not sure about the Aerospace Aluminum with black key caps?

Im starting to sway towards the tactical black.. but so hard to decide.. and so little time left, anything that could help make up my mind would be much appreciated! :D

Thanks!
The Aerospace Aluminum will go well with just about any colorway for keycaps. I should know because I have the Norbatouch case in the same color and change keycaps regularly

Offline alisonica

« Reply #316 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 05:12:09 »
Hey,

Thanks!

Buy all of them, pick the one you  want after you received it, sell off the rest. There will be tons of people that missed this, and new joiners too

Offline luminor

« Reply #317 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 05:32:23 »
Hey,

Thanks!

Black is the hardest colour to keep clean, i learn that when i have a black car, especially if it dusty, just a tiny bit of dust you will notice it, but don't get me wrong, my favorite color is black.
Silver and white are more forgiving to maintain.

For look aesthetic silver add millennium metal scheme colour to your desk and the safest if you going to change keycaps later, if you going to use black caps for a long time, black give you that stealthy look, white will give you the "clean" feeling if you get what i mean.

and yes if you do have the dough, just get all 3 of them and see which one you like the most and sell the rest.

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #318 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 08:21:11 »
Hey Ryan, just watched the Top Clack review. Couple of points:

1) From programmability, you should try getting in touch with TerryMatthews as he ports QMK to tons of boards: https://github.com/TerryMathews . u/jetpacktuxedo on Reddit also does some porting/design work. You could even maybe contact Hasu.

3) Any chance GB participants can be supplied with the files for the bottom/back of the keyboard in case someone (me) would like to CNC a brass version some time down the line for added weight?

Otherwise, I'm super excited to get my case down the line. :)

These are all great suggestions that I would love to see happen as well.  :thumb:
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline Will_26

« Reply #319 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 08:28:15 »
Hey,

Thanks!

We're having the same dilemma, I want to decide today really! Don't know if it helps seeing them all together? It didn't help me  ;D

Offline letze

• Here I am~
« Reply #320 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 09:19:23 »
Hey,

Thanks!

We're having the same dilemma, I want to decide today really! Don't know if it helps seeing them all together? It didn't help me  ;D
Get space station white and pair it with black caps to get star wars storm trooper theme  :cool:
HHKB Professional 2 Type S Stock | Topre RF 87U + Norbaforce + Mix BKE Heavy 60g/ Stock 55g + Silencing ring + Slight lubed with [Krytox GPL 105 housing] & [Krytox GPL 205 stab]

Offline shadow

« Reply #321 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 09:46:41 »
Thanks for your inputs, much appreciated! :)

The colour shown here is the Tactical Black isnt it? https://youtu.be/ZjrVajSvpPw?t=114

And the black case images on the product page are also Tactical Back right? Or are some of them the other black finish (enigma black)?

If it is indeed the Tactical Black in the video, I think its actually very nice - also with white keycaps as shown there.. my worry about the Tactical Black is if its a bit on the "boring" side? As in if you cant as much notice that its not just a plastic case (without touching it)? In the video it certainly looks nice because you can see how the light reacts to it, and it doesn't look completely matte.. which is a bit more difficult to see in the pictures..

so now I'm actually swaying towards the Tactical Black.. LOL  :):confused:

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #322 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 09:59:10 »
- Would also love polished pvd brass (mirrored nickel finish) backplate to match the famous mirrored bottom of the HHKB HG.

These would all be great add-on options for later group buys and since each is discrete it wouldn't effect this GB.

Problem for Norbauer is that he is so successful he is drowning in GB requests for numpads, plates, 660C, controllers, etc etc etc. I think there is also room for others in the community to innovate as well. :) Would love to see more Realforce collabs.

I wasn't even thinking about PVD coating, but that's a brilliant idea. If Ryan wants only one person to have the file, I'd be willing to take it on. There's a machine shop that's local to me that does great brass work (see: Mech-27 v2) and a machine shop four hours away that has done some great PVD work on my friend's car. I could swing by that second shop in mid-January to see what our options and costs would be. I'd be hesitant to work with Chinese manufacturers because I wouldn't know how to QC from 10,000 miles away and a half-day time difference and that's the highest amount of complexity I'm willing to take on (i.e. I don't want to get into laser engraving or more than two colours of the brass). While I'm at it, I'll probably also try to get a brass plate made (but this is probably a magnitude higher complexity due to having to have the screw threads installed and fabbed for the new plate).

Offline Will_26

« Reply #323 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 10:19:20 »
Hey,

Thanks!

Get space station white and pair it with black caps to get star wars storm trooper theme  :cool:

Took the plunge and did this :) No more deciding now, I'm going Stormtrooper :)

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #324 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 10:20:23 »
Cases look great, can't join but hopefully can find one on classifieds or mechmarket later  :thumb:

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #325 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 10:24:30 »

I wasn't even thinking about PVD coating, but that's a brilliant idea. If Ryan wants only one person to have the file, I'd be willing to take it on. There's a machine shop that's local to me that does great brass work (see: Mech-27 v2) and a machine shop four hours away that has done some great PVD work on my friend's car. I could swing by that second shop in mid-January to see what our options and costs would be. I'd be hesitant to work with Chinese manufacturers because I wouldn't know how to QC from 10,000 miles away and a half-day time difference and that's the highest amount of complexity I'm willing to take on (i.e. I don't want to get into laser engraving or more than two colours of the brass). While I'm at it, I'll probably also try to get a brass plate made (but this is probably a magnitude higher complexity due to having to have the screw threads installed and fabbed for the new plate).

If you can make this happen I would order a whole bunch of these!
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 February 2018, 16:54:01 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline Muramasa

« Reply #326 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 11:21:58 »
I don't suppose these cases support other internals than Realforce boards? Like sourcing your own plate+pcb?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #327 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 14:32:35 »
Hey guys, there has been a lot of posting this morning, so I'll try to catch up with one mega-reply.  :cool:

Hey,

My general default recommendation is tactical black. It's the one I intend to use as my daily driver. The hard ano makes it more durable than normal anodizing, and I feel that the black color can go with almost anything. I'm not overly fussy about fingerprints or dust, really, but the point someone made about Aerospace not showing fingerprints as clearly is surely technically true. However, I think the difference is pretty trivial due to the slightly matte finish created by the bead-blasted texture--which shows fingerprints much less than a glossy surface would. The difference is much more significant with the medium- and high-gloss powder coats. Those show fingerprints much more clearly, though again I personally don't mind it, and it's easily buffed away with a cloth if you're showing your boards off at a meet-up, etc. And, with perhaps the exception of gloss black, you really only notice fingerprints under bright light at certain angles (i.e., if you're really looking for it).

omg, yes this ˆˆˆ  :))

It's a good problem to have, I'll concede, but there are so keyboard many things that I want to do (and that you guys want me to do) that I couldn't keep up even if I just did keyboard stuff full-time. I always try to do fun projects that accommodate stuff that I and other folks want, but I'm also more than happy to support other community members who want to develop and produce things on their own as well, including if those are things made specifically for a product I designed. This isn't a zero-sum game, and it certainly shouldn't be competitive. The more cool stuff is out there and readily available, the more we all as a community benefit. I love nothing more than collaborating with efficient and productive people.

Anybody who wants to help me develop a programmable RF breakout board, incidentally, please do get in touch. I have all the prototyping, production, commerce, and logistics infrastructure. I just don't have the time to learn all about breakout boards and how to do them properly right now.

Generally, though, (after thinking about it) I prefer to keep this particular GB as advertised and not change up the PCB or anything, just to avoid introducing risk and uncertainty into the production timeline. In the meantime, we can look at arranging some "upgrades" like a brass back cover plate (PVD would be awesome!) and a custom die-cut foam insert. These might be things that I (or someone else) could make available around the time when the cases are actually shipping. I have done laser-cut and machined brass parts from sheet stock before, so I could totally make that happen, but I don't want to steal clappingcactus's thunder here. I would welcome the help and collaboration! I'm also quite happy to share the DXF for the plate profile.

The foam insert I used was from SilverStone, btw. It was recommended to me by PerniciousPony.

Thanks for your inputs, much appreciated! :)

The colour shown here is the Tactical Black isnt it? https://youtu.be/ZjrVajSvpPw?t=114

And the black case images on the product page are also Tactical Back right? Or are some of them the other black finish (enigma black)?

If it is indeed the Tactical Black in the video, I think its actually very nice - also with white keycaps as shown there.. my worry about the Tactical Black is if its a bit on the "boring" side? As in if you cant as much notice that its not just a plastic case (without touching it)? In the video it certainly looks nice because you can see how the light reacts to it, and it doesn't look completely matte.. which is a bit more difficult to see in the pictures..

so now I'm actually swaying towards the Tactical Black.. LOL  :):confused:

Yes, the case shown at that timecode in the video is Tactical Black, as well as in the main product listing.

I don't suppose these cases support other internals than Realforce boards? Like sourcing your own plate+pcb?

You'd be much better off using another case; these are quite RealForce-specific due to the unusual (slightly bonkers) nature of the RF plate and PCB design.

Hey,

Thanks!

Tactical black FTW! Unless you have a very specific need/desire for one of the powder coat options, again my default advice is: save yourself some money and go with hard ano. :)

Offline shadow

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 15:18:47 »

Tactical black FTW! Unless you have a very specific need/desire for one of the powder coat options, again my default advice is: save yourself some money and go with hard ano. :)

Thanks a lot for your reply, very helpful :)

There is just one thing left I am still thinking about.. if looking at the still pictures of it and you didn't know what material it is made of already, I think it could in fact be a little difficult to tell what the material it is, if it is a kind of plastic or aluminum (because of the matte and uniform appearance I think). So my question is if you can clearly see and appreciate that the Tactical Black version is indeed aluminum when seeing it in real life? :)

I hope my question makes at least a little bit sense :D

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #329 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 15:22:33 »
Is foam superior to sorbothane?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #330 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 20:37:13 »
So for anyone curious, I ordered some powdercoat samples to see how they feel. The wrinkle finishes do indeed feel very smooth. The gloss finishes feel, you know, glossy... sort of like a surface that would leave fingerprints, only it doesn't leave fingerprints.

~~

Is foam superior to sorbothane?

not enough testing has been done, sorbothane hasn't been the most available material for keyboard buys recently

personally i'm a fan of foam since it's a lot easier to do than sorbothane
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline richard912

« Reply #331 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 23:21:06 »
Tick ! Tock !! Last call !!!

Offline luminor

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 01:54:14 »
tried to edit with paint... :)) :)) :))

Space White

Tactical black

Offline typischt

« Reply #333 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 09:18:54 »
No, the price is still in USD. Once you enter your address—assuming that address is in the EU—and click through to the final page, it should show you two shipping options: a direct international express and a domestic EU proxy option.

It looks like it works here.

Show Image

Okay, I see. It worked with an address from another EU country.. So, I guess I will figure out the color first and then contact you, Norbauer. :)
I just tried to order but it still only shows me the international option. Maybe because my country, while located in Europe, is not in the EU?
How should I proceed? In case you don't see this on time, I will just choose international and note it in the order.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #334 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 10:07:07 »

Thanks a lot for your reply, very helpful :)

There is just one thing left I am still thinking about.. if looking at the still pictures of it and you didn't know what material it is made of already, I think it could in fact be a little difficult to tell what the material it is, if it is a kind of plastic or aluminum (because of the matte and uniform appearance I think). So my question is if you can clearly see and appreciate that the Tactical Black version is indeed aluminum when seeing it in real life? :)

I hope my question makes at least a little bit sense :D

Interesting question; it never occurred to me that someone could mistake the case for plastic. (It would be a very uncommon geometry for an injection-molded part, for one thing.) It’s hard to describe, but I think the general way that the case interacts with ambient light, even in black, is such that it doesn’t look plastic at all, but I honestly can’t really explain how or why. It just looks, well, like bead-blasted and anodized metal. Sorry for not being able to be more helpful/descriptive. :)

Offline norbauer

the Norbaforce: after-market housing for RealForce TKL keyboards
« Reply #335 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 10:08:22 »
No, the price is still in USD. Once you enter your address—assuming that address is in the EU—and click through to the final page, it should show you two shipping options: a direct international express and a domestic EU proxy option.

Show Image

Okay, I see. It worked with an address from another EU country.. So, I guess I will figure out the color first and then contact you, Norbauer.
I just tried to order but it still only shows me the international option. Maybe because my country, while located in Europe, is not in the EU?
How should I proceed? In case you don't see this on time, I will just choose international and note it in the order.

Oh, sorry. Yeah, that must be glitch in how the proxy shipping option is set up. Are you in CH? Note that I am based on the USA and do the final inspection and assembly/shipping myself, so everything outside of the US is “international.”

(In any case, feel free to order now and we can sort out any shipping cost issues after the GB closes with a refund or supplemental payment as necessary. Just send me an email.)

Sorry for any trouble.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 December 2017, 10:15:12 by norbauer »

Offline Fadamaque

« Reply #336 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 10:32:41 »
After losing my final straws of hair while choosing between the alu finish or the tactical black, i finally ordered the Aerospace alternative. I have a RF87u in white incoming, so I think the combination would be quite striking, along with a RAMA X on the ESC-key.

So stoked! If someone could come up with a solution for programmability now, it would be perfect!

EDIT: And a big thank you to you, Mr. Norbauer, for making these cases! They look sublime!
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 December 2017, 10:35:44 by Fadamaque »
RF87U, HHKB

Offline typischt

« Reply #337 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 11:10:49 »

Show Image

Okay, I see. It worked with an address from another EU country.. So, I guess I will figure out the color first and then contact you, Norbauer.

Oh, sorry. Yeah, that must be glitch in how the proxy shipping option is set up. Are you in CH? Note that I am based on the USA and do the final inspection and assembly/shipping myself, so everything outside of the US is “international.”

(In any case, feel free to order now and we can sort out any shipping cost issues after the GB closes with a refund or supplemental payment as necessary. Just send me an email.)

Sorry for any trouble.
Yeah exactly, I‘m in CH. I just ordered a Aerospace and will contact you via email. Perfect, thanks!

Offline shadow

« Reply #338 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 11:39:55 »
Interesting question; it never occurred to me that someone could mistake the case for plastic. (It would be a very uncommon geometry for an injection-molded part, for one thing.) It’s hard to describe, but I think the general way that the case interacts with ambient light, even in black, is such that it doesn’t look plastic at all, but I honestly can’t really explain how or why. It just looks, well, like bead-blasted and anodized metal. Sorry for not being able to be more helpful/descriptive. :)

I understand, I'm sure no one would mistake it for plastic when seeing it in real life :thumb: As you mention I think too it's down to the way the surface and light interacts, but that can sometimes be hard to represent and read from still images :)

I finally made up my mind and placed the order for the Tactical Black earlier today, so now it's just about the waiting.. so excited!! :D

Offline EugeneYap83

« Reply #339 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 12:56:02 »
Hey,

Thanks!

Depends on what is the color of the keycaps.
If I'm using black keycaps then I would go with tactical black for the Stealth look. If I'm using while keycaps then I would go for the white case for "Crysis C.E.L.L theme"  or clear anodized for Apple theme

If really take a closer look at clear anodized with black keycaps or another way around, it kinda looks more like those stainless steel keyboards used in factories or construction sites.
You can refer to link below to understand what I mean by that
https://www.spartonre.com/ruggedkeyboards/stainlesssteel-industrial-keyboards/
http://www.electronickeyboards.com/industrial-keyboards.html

Offline Will_26

« Reply #340 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 16:49:13 »
Not long left for those of you still making your mind up!  ;D good luck with your decisions and Happy new year  :D

Offline norbauer

the Norbaforce: after-market housing for RealForce TKL keyboards
« Reply #341 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 10:57:36 »
Just a quick New Year’s note to say thanks to everyone who made this group buy a nice success. I’ll leave the ordering page open for a bit longer, as I saw a couple of stragglers come in this morning, but I’ll be truly, finally shutting things down later today (and responding to any outstanding emails in my inbox) and preparing details for the factory then. Then, as the saying goes, let the waiting begin!

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone for being so awesome and supportive of my little project. 2018, year of Topre Conquest. Onward, thocky soldiers!
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 January 2018, 10:59:37 by norbauer »

Offline avid

« Reply #342 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 11:11:27 »
Landed on a tactical black in the end.  :thumb: Debated between the silver, glossy black and hot pink.

Curious about the silver. In the photos it looks kinda matte, or is it shiny like the norbatouch? You don't happend to have more pictures of the silver (actually prefer normal cellphone/simple photos)

https://i.imgur.com/l6ZbAhn.jpg

edit.  Do singularity black looks simular to piano lacquer?
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 January 2018, 11:24:49 by avid »

Offline letze

• Here I am~
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 17:39:11 »
Landed on a tactical black in the end.  :thumb: Debated between the silver, glossy black and hot pink.

Curious about the silver. In the photos it looks kinda matte, or is it shiny like the norbatouch? You don't happend to have more pictures of the silver (actually prefer normal cellphone/simple photos)

https://i.imgur.com/l6ZbAhn.jpg

edit.  Do singularity black looks simular to piano lacquer?
I believed silver is look like norbatouch picture. The advertised silver norbaforce photo was taken with studio light. Although I also prefer the look like in the studio picture.

If sigularity is glossy as piano lacquer or even iphone 7 jet black, it definitely carry 'premium' value

Offline hexosehr

« Reply #344 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 16:08:05 »
Thanks for the reminder email on the 29th haha. I had somehow missed the original email back in November. I put myself down for 1 x Tactical Black along with some BKE Heavy Domes and a Topre mouse pad from Keyclack!

Realforce 87U Silent

Offline Dee1

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 19:41:24 »
Aw man, I just got back from the holidays and realized I missed this!

Congrats to everyone who got one! :)

Offline letze

• Here I am~
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 20:32:15 »
Curious on total ordered quantity  ;D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #347 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 20:33:12 »
Aw man, I just got back from the holidays and realized I missed this!

Congrats to everyone who got one! :)

shoot him an email, maybe you can get squeezed in
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Stresemann

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 09:35:13 »
Just a quick New Year’s note to say thanks to everyone who made this group buy a nice success. I’ll leave the ordering page open for a bit longer, as I saw a couple of stragglers come in this morning, but I’ll be truly, finally shutting things down later today (and responding to any outstanding emails in my inbox) and preparing details for the factory then. Then, as the saying goes, let the waiting begin!

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone for being so awesome and supportive of my little project. 2018, year of Topre Conquest. Onward, thocky soldiers!

Let the waiting begin ! ahaha.

Thank you Ryan for giving life to these awesome cases you've designed.

Offline tron

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 11:27:48 »
Thinking about transplanting my Hipro caps to the 87u. From what I can gather, all I have to do is transplant the hipro switch housings/stems, grind a notch in the plate for left control and desolder the left control led. Am I missing anything? Any tips for this mod?