Author Topic: Refurbished Logitech K840s (Romer-G), 3-mo. warranty, $42.95 shipped  (Read 6035 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Logitech K840 USB Mechanical Keyboard W/ Romer G mechanical Switches-920-008350

"Certified Refurbished, 90 Day Warranty"

As I post, 45 sold and "more than 10" available. Considering the quantity, I'm guessing they were boards returned to Logitech with minor defects, and are thus essentially unused.

I tried one of these and quite liked it. Logitech's proprietary Romer-G switches don't feel or sound quite like anything else. As a fast typist, I particularly appreciated the shorter throw (3mm, vs. Cherry MX's 4mm). Here's a good GH thread on them.

This is Logitech's "serious", business-styled, non-backlighted Romer-G board (somewhat ironic, considering one of the Romer-G's touted features was its LED-optimizing design). This is the cheapest I've seen them in like-new condition; new ones go for upwards of $80.

We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Refurbished Logitech K840s (Romer-G), 3-mo. warranty, $42.95 shipped
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 00:47:21 »
Found a better deal on that one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Recertified-920-008350-K840-Mechanical-Keyboard-with-Romer-G-mechanical-/292456712037?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

$39.99 free shipping

Cool! Nothing wrong with saving a few bucks.

I went ahead and ordered one on the first offer, and will let you guys know how it is.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 06:42:30 »
Okay—I was finally able to drive down to WA to pick up my refurb'd K840, and have posted my impressions of it here in Reviews.

Bottom line: I like it fine—and for this kind of dough, it's a GF in my book.  :?)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Logitech-refurbished K840 (Romer-G), 3-mo. warranty, $39.95 shipped
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 17:55:16 »
Just thought I'd mention that this seller has dropped their price to $39.95 + free US shipping.

These aren't heavy-duty boards like Filcos or Duckys. Mine arrived in spotless condition, though, and I find it a delight to type on. And unlike many MKs, it's quiet and classy-looking enough to use almost anywhere.

Similarly to Kailh's BOX switches, the wide stem assemblies on Logitech's improved Romer-G switches are so wide that you can press keys smoothly from any angle (even on their corners!).

With switches like these virtually eliminating wobble and off-center binding, frankly I don't know why anyone should bother with Cherry MXs anymore... It seems like the end of an era.  :?O

Anyway, sorry, I'm rambling. For such paltry dough, I don't see how you can go wrong adding one of these to your collection—I didn't.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 19:00:11 »
It really is a nice deal.  I'm very tempted just b/c I own a board with just about every type of switch there is, yet I have never tried romer-G.  Damnit, I just have so many.  It's too much!  StoP TemPTinG Me, YoU TEmpTrEsS!

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 23:11:48 »
It really is a nice deal.  I'm very tempted just b/c I own a board with just about every type of switch there is, yet I have never tried romer-G.  Damnit, I just have so many.  It's too much!  StoP TemPTinG Me, YoU TEmpTrEsS!

Man, you could've been quoting me there... At least we keeb addicts can keep each other company.  :?D

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 23:13:51 »
BTW, I'm not a temptress, although I do own a few shirts that could be considered unisex.