Author Topic: Korean Nepotism ..  (Read 2333 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Korean Nepotism ..
« on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 17:17:19 »
Introduction to Corporate Nepotism..

There's no other explanation for such an ugly product produced by a major tech com, 

//except the leadership handing out jobs to their incompetent kids.. 

A 2018 laptop.. !!

193107-0

193109-1

VS

Gigabyte (a tiny company, that makes dodgy electronics)

AND YET

193111-2

Offline buckyballs

Re: Korean Nepotism ..
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 17:22:42 »
Don't understand what this post is about.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 17:50:05 »
The keyboard layout with the touch pad off to the right is all messed up.
Think of how many people signed off on that monstrosity...
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 April 2018, 17:54:44 by MajorKoos »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 02:02:50 »
The keyboard layout with the touch pad off to the right is all messed up.
Think of how many people signed off on that monstrosity...
True, though the Gigabyte has a numberpad so you still have to sit left of centre.  At least it doesn't have huge bezels!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 07:09:55 »
In the first pic if that was fake aluminum you could easily dismiss it as a childs toy or stock image for a fake laptop. While I hate to rag on Samsung for copying Apple, at least it kept them from doing things like this. Then again even when they try to copy or beat Apple they still fail miserably. The last one I bought was a horror show and was returned immediately.

Not very impressed with that MSI either.
I'm all for small laptops but I REALLY wish companies would get off this thin top bezel kick. While small bezels look good, it usually results in a larger bottom bezel which looks like garbage and makes it that much easier to break the screen.  Not to mention they usually lead to a lower mounted webcam, giving whoever you are talking to on video chat a real nice view of every booger in your nose.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 07:20:55 »
In the first pic if that was fake aluminum you could easily dismiss it as a childs toy or stock image for a fake laptop. While I hate to rag on Samsung for copying Apple, at least it kept them from doing things like this. Then again even when they try to copy or beat Apple they still fail miserably. The last one I bought was a horror show and was returned immediately.

Not very impressed with that MSI either.
I'm all for small laptops but I REALLY wish companies would get off this thin top bezel kick. While small bezels look good, it usually results in a larger bottom bezel which looks like garbage and makes it that much easier to break the screen.  Not to mention they usually lead to a lower mounted webcam, giving whoever you are talking to on video chat a real nice view of every booger in your nose.

Notch for notebooks ?

Notch or no Notch Lesli, Notch or no Notch

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 07:24:38 »
The notch is lame.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 12:52:17 »
The notch is lame.

agreed, people getting worked up over the dumbest and most pointless advancement in phone technology. like things have slowed down that much that this is what idiots get hyped for, a couple more millimeters of screenspace with a giant gap in the middle it.

Offline thokir

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 12:54:30 »
Don't understand what this post is about.
Trying to understand tp4's posts is a bad idea.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 16:59:10 »
The Samsung laptop looks like crap but that's the only fault I can see.
I don't see any glaring fault with the keyboard layout. The keys are all good size. The nav keys are on Fn + arrow keys.
Touchpad on the right or in front is a question of personal preference.

Being shifted slightly to the left is not bad.I have said this many times: staggered QWERTY are best with the alphanumeric keys slightly to the left because the staggering suits the right hand in a slightly exaggerated angle.

BTW. The notch on that "phone" is a workaround, not a feature! I hate seeing it being picked up as a friggin' trend.
Let's get some better speakers and microphones in phones instead! Better audio quality and proper loudness so that people wouldn't have to raise their voices to be heard.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 18:02:15 »
The Samsung laptop looks like crap but that's the only fault I can see.
It looks generic with that big empty plate screaming "we had nothing to put here so we out some generic logo."

As for design and layout, the entire keyboard is shifted way left, not slightly, which is terrible for ergonomics, as is the fact that the keyboard is at the very edge with no palmrest.

BTW. The notch on that "phone" is a workaround, not a feature! I hate seeing it being picked up as a friggin' trend.
Let's get some better speakers and microphones in phones instead! Better audio quality and proper loudness so that people wouldn't have to raise their voices to be heard.
Agreed.

It's a workaround so they can fudge a statistic.
Apple did it so they get edge to edge glass, winning the screen to body wars (which they were losing badly), but did they really accomplish anything other than B.S. bragging rights? What difference would it honestly make has they just cut off that edge of the screen? It would have left room for better speakers, possibly an audio jack and your movies and games would have actually been full screen instead of having a chunk missing or having bars on the side and possibly the top too. Yes, it got the clock moved off screen, but at what cost, I think that was more side benefit than intention. Basically Apple conned a bunch of people into thinking this was cool so they could win a paper statistic.

Had this been unveiled on an Android phone it would have been slapped into the dirt by every reviewer. Look how the rounded corners by Samsung were treated (for the record, I'm against those as well).

I REALLY want to say the notch is the dumbest smart phone "innovation" in years but that award goes to Apple for removing the audio jack before they had compatible headphones.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 19:46:45 »
whats the notch you all speak of

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 07:16:51 »

How is it that they could engineer their entire female population to be prettier,  and yet produce this ugly laptop..

//Nepotism !!