Author Topic: [IC] JTK Hana (Final renders in, GB soon)  (Read 19007 times)

Offline The_judge_168

Re: [IC] JTK Hana
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 19:49:00 »
Think I'll be in though prefer GMK as well. Would also be interested in the Matcha set

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 20:08:34 »
Since everyone is saying it, I would also prefer GMK. I'm in either way, though.

Offline ns90

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:18:56 »
I'm pretty sure our opinions have no merit at this point, since it seems it's been decided, but I'd be all in for a GMK run. I think it would get some decent numbers too. There's been enough hype about Cherry profile Hana.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:48:48 »
I don't have the historical context to Hana - is this a big set to be coming out? What is the theme/concept on the set?

It was first conceived by Vala (OP) in 2015 and was manufactured by Signature Plastics [SP] in the DSA profile. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74553.0

It's been a widely popular set for its use of pink and lilac colors, as well as its novelties of Japanese prefectures' and cultural symbols and its variety of kits. Fans and prospective buyers of this set, including myself, have been waiting for this set to be manufactured in the Cherry profile (manufactured by companies such as GMK and JTK in double-shot ABS plastic).

The discussion here is that a lot of the people who have been waiting for the making of this set in the Cherry profile would prefer the kit to be manufactured by GMK over JTK. GMK has had proven positive results over the past couple of years, and JTK, although still a viable choice for thick ABS doubleshot keycaps, has had some issues with concerns such as legend consistency and alignment.

I, for one, would also prefer to pay the premium for the set to be produced, for the first time in Cherry profile, by GMK/Uniqey, but it really is up to the OP to decide that and I would still support a JTK set if that were the only option.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:51:25 by LightningXI »

Offline joelfong

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 08:46:37 »
Would love some green keys in the novelties kit. Lack of green accents is a deal breaker for me.

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 09:00:27 »
Interested but concerned about the legends.

Is a test set a possibility to confirm the fixed legends? It's been promised a lot, and nothing has changed.

I think JTK is much like MAXKEY, in that they claimed legends would be fixed many times but it had to be seen to believed. Based on a few posts about new JTK projects, Aqua is supposed to be the first of the sets with fixed legends. That being said, I bought into JTK Aqua with great hope that they truly meant that, so TBD...
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 11:31:18 »
Interested but concerned about the legends.

Is a test set a possibility to confirm the fixed legends? It's been promised a lot, and nothing has changed.

test set impossible right now, they're still working on the molds

we shall see
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vala

• :smork:
    • Vala Supply
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:40:04 »
Would love some green keys in the novelties kit. Lack of green accents is a deal breaker for me.

To all of those requesting the green keys, I'm going to try to move some keys around the extras kit (most likely remove some) in order to get Matcha back. I guess I under estimated how much people liked that part of the set originally (it came from a suggestion in the IC after all).

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 11:39:15 »

To all of those requesting the green keys, I'm going to try to move some keys around the extras kit (most likely remove some) in order to get Matcha back. I guess I under estimated how much people liked that part of the set originally (it came from a suggestion in the IC after all).

Yay! :D

Offline TheIronCore

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 02:27:10 »
Im in, can't afford anymore gmk sets
Hello? Yes, this is dog

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 09:31:02 »
I'm down.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 00:36:33 »
Why not GMK?

Offline jihadu

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 05:43:00 »
I'm guessing pricing plus faster manu times.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 12:36:01 »
I'm guessing pricing plus faster manu times.

This is most likely the reason. The original DSA Hana drop was around $55 for the base kit which had standard TKL coverage. I wouldn't mind paying the premium for a more premium set but I'm okay with JTK and hope this does really well.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
Re: [IC] JTK Hana (Green keys added)
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 16:30:41 »
Matcha keys are added!

I removed the pink F-keys as I don't think they are in great demand, and its better to keep cost down.
Please let me know what you think.

Also, for those concerned about JTK's quality, he has actually been working on legends, and from what I've seen they look good.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 April 2018, 16:34:26 by Vala »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 16:31:40 »
Not regarding the kit updates, but will you send the DSA color chips and they'll be color matched?

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 16:32:31 »
Not regarding the kit updates, but will you send the DSA color chips and they'll be color matched?

I'm not sure if I'll be sending them personally, but it will be color matched to the original.

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 21:50:43 »
 ;D ;D

Loving those green accents! Really make this set pop off!

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 23:51:29 »
Glad to see green keys added, looks good!

Offline azulyf

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 18:35:10 »
Saw on zf Chinese site that this GB will starts in May. Any confirmation here?

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 23:33:18 »
Saw on zf Chinese site that this GB will starts in May. Any confirmation here?

I can confirm, perhaps sooner as well :)

Also, as per the request of people in the Chinese community, I added bamboo enter novelties back. Wasn't sure if people wanted them or not.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
Re: [IC] JTK Hana (Matcha keys + Bamboo novelty)
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 00:36:19 »
I can confirm, perhaps sooner as well :)

Hooo boy, and here I was having to argue with myself about buying it in DSA, I can definitely wait if it's going to be happening this soon.

Offline joelfong

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 10:11:08 »
Matcha keys are added!

Show Image

I removed the pink F-keys as I don't think they are in great demand, and its better to keep cost down.

Also, for those concerned about JTK's quality, he has actually been working on legends, and from what I've seen they look good.

Looks great! Looking forward to the GB. (:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 10:45:36 »
Matcha keys are added!

Show Image

Do wish we had a uniform color F-row frankly, but I know it's not popular.

Offline Baron

• oops its me
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 12:01:21 »
will this be the same exact color codes for plastic as the DSA set?

im really looking forward to the discord watster matching perfectly

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 12:38:38 »

he's said elsewhere that JTK will colormatch to the SP color chips
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 20:31:11 »

he's said elsewhere that JTK will colormatch to the SP color chips

You are correct, zFrontier is providing JTK with the correct color chips.

Also happy to announce the kits have been finalized, check the OP for the new renders. Final price will be approx. $138 per set by zFrontier, with the GB launching in the very near future.

Offline dantambok

Re: [IC] JTK Hana (Final renders in, GB soon)
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 20:34:42 »
Just want to clear something out... Will JTK fix their legends? (inconsistent thickness)
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 20:38:35 »
Just want to clear something out... Will JTK fix their legends? (inconsistent thickness)

i've seen pics of the new ones, and they're SO MUCH better than the old ones

but they're still working on it, you'll see it when it's done

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 21:14:06 »

i've seen pics of the new ones, and they're SO MUCH better than the old ones

but they're still working on it, you'll see it when it's done

What he said. I've been seeing pics from JTK personally and they look great.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 22:08:44 »
Sorry if this has been discussed and explained already (either here or in the DSA GB), but why the asymmetry in novelty legends for the winkeyless layouts (1.5u modifiers)?

194709-0

I've added a color-coded outline of what I mean.  For example, you can see that there are 2 1.25u lotus caps in each color, which can be used for either Alt or Ctrl on both sides of the spacebar.  There's 1 1.25u flower legend, to replace the Menu key to the right of the spacebar in winkey layout.  However in 1.5u size, there's only only 1 of each kind of legend in each colorway.  That means there's going to be a weird asymmetry, if we are to use each legend for a different cap (like Lotus for Alt and Flower for Ctrl), or else if we just follow the color symmetry, it means that one Alt (for example) will be a lotus, and the other will be a flower.  Hopefully I've explained it well enough...

Would it make more sense to just make all 1.5u with lotus design in some colorways and with flower design in other colorways?  Like say both 1.5u in lavender and green could be Lotus, both 1.5u in pink colorway could be Flower?

ETA: I'm most likely going to join the GB, funds permitting.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 April 2018, 22:11:27 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 01:58:30 »
Sorry if this has been discussed and explained already (either here or in the DSA GB), but why the asymmetry in novelty legends for the winkeyless layouts (1.5u modifiers)?

(Attachment Link)

I've added a color-coded outline of what I mean.  For example, you can see that there are 2 1.25u lotus caps in each color, which can be used for either Alt or Ctrl on both sides of the spacebar.  There's 1 1.25u flower legend, to replace the Menu key to the right of the spacebar in winkey layout.  However in 1.5u size, there's only only 1 of each kind of legend in each colorway.  That means there's going to be a weird asymmetry, if we are to use each legend for a different cap (like Lotus for Alt and Flower for Ctrl), or else if we just follow the color symmetry, it means that one Alt (for example) will be a lotus, and the other will be a flower.  Hopefully I've explained it well enough...

Would it make more sense to just make all 1.5u with lotus design in some colorways and with flower design in other colorways?  Like say both 1.5u in lavender and green could be Lotus, both 1.5u in pink colorway could be Flower?

ETA: I'm most likely going to join the GB, funds permitting.

This is because of the difference in the bottom row between WK and WK.
For WK, the intended layout is to have the lotus on the left, and then the lotus and flower on the right.

Because WKL doesn't have 4 keys on the right, I assumed only 1 would be used per side, meaning there would only need to be alternating novelties (lotus on left, flower on right). I guess I didn't consider the case where people would want the same on both sides.

Offline avid

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 04:46:42 »
this would be amazing in GMK.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 07:06:19 »
Probably in... just looking at PMK in DSA, and it's just so expensive there- 177 for just a full sized keyboard with no novelties.  This seems like a much better buy.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 08:04:07 »
I am sorry but i am not really excited for this set since it really resemble JTK purple on white to much. I would like to have seen something really pop like they did with JTK Photo studio.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2018, 08:06:43 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 11:33:29 »
This is because of the difference in the bottom row between WK and WK.
For WK, the intended layout is to have the lotus on the left, and then the lotus and flower on the right.

Because WKL doesn't have 4 keys on the right, I assumed only 1 would be used per side, meaning there would only need to be alternating novelties (lotus on left, flower on right). I guess I didn't consider the case where people would want the same on both sides.

Okay, nevermind, I don't want to complicate it (though I will PM you a photoshop mock-up of what I mean, for reference).  Side question: is it intentional to have 3 1u Windows caps in the base set?

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 11:58:35 »

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 12:53:05 »
https://en.zfrontier.com/products/jtk-hana?variant=12261887082574

GB is live. Much sooner than I expected.

Yeah looks like it runs until May 27th so good amount of time open

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 14:39:34 »
Any price drops at higher MOQ?

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 17:37:39 »
https://en.zfrontier.com/products/jtk-hana?variant=12261887082574

GB is live. Much sooner than I expected.

Much sooner than I expected as well!

No, 136 for both is already the lowest possible price (which took a good deal of sacrifice on JTK's part).
But, for the amount of keys you're getting it's a pretty insane price imo.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 17:54:44 »

No, 136 for both is already the lowest possible price (which took a good deal of sacrifice on JTK's part).
But, for the amount of keys you're getting it's a pretty insane price imo.

Yeah, definitely a good price. Just wondering if it gets any better ;)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 18:14:43 »
Group buy thread has been approved and is located here for further discussion: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95362
Locking this Interest Check thread.