Author Topic: Keyboards and God  (Read 4971 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Keyboards and God
« on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 17:18:33 »
Typing imbues the keyboard with magical powers.

This phenomenon does not require belief or faith.

It is a FACT, that a Master Painter is broken without some form of the Brush.

The Omnipotent Universe in Energetic Equilibrium placed that molecular arrangement of plastic, hair, metal, wood and string in the form of a brush, in a store, serendipitously along the path of the painter.

Whenever the Universe acts in this way, the objects in motion possess divine momentum.

The tradition of gifting tools, from master to pupil, from one generation to the younger represents the Casual-Human-Awareness of this Causality stream.

Here at the Gekha, we encourage new computer-Enthusiasts to envelope themselves in Our-Creed, to delve into the modern and the now.

By all means join the mechanical journey with us and procure a New-Board, but be mindful that the more each keyboard is used, abused, aged, and loved, the stronger its Divinity grows, the greater the potential for that one-board upon a fulcrum to lever the User to Transcendence.

The act of collecting keyboards is independent of Using one.

The Magic of each keyboard grows more powerful through its life long proximity and avid-Connection with its partner, You.

By Holy Decree.. Love Thy Keyboard.

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
Re: Keyboards and God
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 17:19:43 »
God is dead.
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 10:49:51 »
Yikes

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 11:00:03 »
Yikes

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 11:11:33 »
whiskey tango foxtrot

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 12:14:45 »
Kinda wondering now who's religious on GH and who isn't....
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 12:16:10 »
I'm a scientist. You can't be a scientist and still believe in an almighty entity.
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline Blue_Moon

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 13:35:39 »
you should get that schizophrenia checked out

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 14:33:05 »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 15:01:10 »
This is art

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 15:06:01 »
I'm a scientist. You can't be a scientist and still believe in an almighty entity.
Both Einstein and Newton believed in God.
They were also both vegetarians, BTW.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 15:27:43 »
That really surprises me.

I didn't think any scientist would be daft enough to be a vegetarian.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 18:22:41 »
That really surprises me.

I didn't think any scientist would be daft enough to be a vegetarian.

It largely depends on how complete the problem you're trying to solve.

For the majority,  it is pleasure today, pleasure tomorrow..

These are not wrong approaches, but they are myopic.

People of this creed will certainly enjoy more pleasure, having optimized their decisions FOR pleasure,   but they will also meet challenges which the procurement of pleasure does not solve.

Having put all their coins into 1-buff, they will win a battle here/there, but ultimately lose the war.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 19:15:16 »
Does that mean Korean keyboards are Zeus, father of gods??

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 19:41:27 »

Cronus (aka Kronos) was the father of the gods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Belfong

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 00:51:00 »

Cronus (aka Kronos) was the father of the gods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus

That sounds like Coreans to me.. so I was right! Korean keyboards are the gods we should all be praying to!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 05:28:21 »

That sounds like Coreans to me.. so I was right! Korean keyboards are the gods we should all be praying to!

Corea used to be the right spelling..

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 11:34:07 »

Sure you can. It just means that people will be more suspicious of your work (and rightfully so in some cases).
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline masilver

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 13:16:11 »

Einstein didn't believe in the God of the Bible or Quran.  Perhaps, an unknown creator, but that's about it.

...Michael...

Offline kohtachi

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 14:07:07 »

Corea used to be the right spelling..
yes, this is what I have been told too.  When Japan took over Corea they changed it because c came before j in the English alphabet.
FC500RC modded with mod-m switches, PBT Double Shot Keycap Set - Gray/Dark Gray (Tai-Hao), and 008 Buna-N O-Ring, 50A Durometer mod  | REALFORCE R2 PFU Limited Edition  R2TLSABK 45g

Offline Sgt_4Leaf

• Formerly Row009 and StarCraftII
  • I have hands
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 11:15:08 »

Facts prove otherwise. At least as far as academia is concerned.
Either way, if you hold true to the core meaning of your statement - neither can an Atheist* be a "True Scientist"... In that regard, only an agnostic person may carry the title purely.
Further more, a true scientist can not claim that fairies and elves don't exist just as well.

*Atheism is a belief in the non-existence of a god, rather than a lack of involvement altogether (such as in agnosticism).
It certainly is a fine line, and although very subtle - the distinction is important.
I personally think that in most cases, most daily practices are equal among both groups

Edit: Just one more thing I forgot to mention...
Your statement utilizes a somewhat Straw Man approach, perhaps non intentionally.
Just because you are a scientist (as you claim) doesn't quite give you a veto in the matter (or any vantage point really). So stating so, as to imply that your opinion is of superior importance - isn't a valid way to have an argument, or state a statement thereof.
It is simply irrelevant.

« Last Edit: Sat, 08 September 2018, 11:29:54 by Sgt_4Leaf »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 05:45:10 »
Typing imbues the keyboard with magical powers... This phenomenon does not require belief or faith... It is a FACT, that a Master Painter is broken without some form of the Brush...

Dude, you know this kind of thing happens when you skip your medication.

Sure, maybe not a bearded, vengeful guy in flowing robes.

But I totally don't get why there should be any conflict between science, and the idea that everything in the universe is manifested from a single source of energy vibrating at different frequencies to take on the appearances and characteristics of different stuff, including us. And I hardly think we could be more intelligent than what created us, any more than a clock could be smarter than a clock-maker.

If there's one thing we can be sure of, it's that we don't know a hell of a lot more than what we do know. So So do what you wish, Mr. Scientist, but I'm not about to rule out anything that could be true—especially anything as complex, mysterious and miraculous as the nature of the universe itself.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 05:54:28 »
It's also quite possible that we're in a simulation of some kind.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 09:02:31 »

Isn't the simulation just an updating of the creation concept? Doesn't it come down to whether there is a willful sentient agency or simply natural forces at work?

Offline JP

About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 12:22:18 »

Isn't the simulation just an updating of the creation concept? Doesn't it come down to whether there is a willful sentient agency or simply natural forces at work?

I guess that could be the overarching gist; that there is something above us. But it's more based on logical reasoning afaik rather than a book or whatever or beliefs.

Basically like a fractal reality; we're a simulation that will eventually create a simulation, and that simulation will do the same and so forth. Who knows where it starts and where it ends. I think it's been said that it's highly unlikely that we're the base reality if that's a true thing. Discussion has also been had about what people are calling ancestral simulations; where we're the past simulation of our future selves (If it is even us) or something to that effect.

Pretty interesting stuff

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 14:21:48 »

In high school, I drew a single panel comic titled "The Big Shart Theory" with the caption, "In the beginning, God shat the heavens and the earth", followed by a picture of the planets flying out of a giant butt.

I think that addresses all the concerns between modern science and organized religion.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 14:42:24 »

In high school, I drew a single panel comic titled "The Big Shart Theory" with the caption, "In the beginning, God shat the heavens and the earth", followed by a picture of the planets flying out of a giant butt.

I think that addresses all the concerns between modern science and organized religion.

Flatulent Design  :))

Offline BundleOfJoysticks

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 22:41:50 »
****post supreme.

Offline tedfs3

• No Mercy Given
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 23:12:19 »
Posts like this are why I have to laugh when joining a new board that has minimum post requirements for new members to achieve full board functionality...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 05:13:30 »
Posts like this are why I have to laugh when joining a new board that has minimum post requirements for new members to achieve full board functionality...

Hahahaha

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 10:43:35 »

Meet tp4, troll supreme of GH.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 13:49:43 »

Meet tp4, Traveling Keyboard Priest of GH.