Author Topic: Nightcaps Therapy  (Read 64072 times)

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
Re: Nightcaps Therapy
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 18:14:17 »
I just stopped following the sale because of how quickly things went.
Biking is fun.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 18:50:01 »
Fugu today didn't even show up on my end till after they were sold out. Feelsbad

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
That's the nature of FCFS sadly. It's okay, there will be at least another day of fugu :]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Eh, I think it has more to do with ebay. Both for the ebay and /mm pages I spammed F5 and was able to get into the FCFS google forms for day 3, but for the ebay it kept doing the loading screen when I tried to check out... sucks to miss out by seconds.
Yeah I noticed a higher latency on etf's seller page as the deadline drew closer. C'est la vie

Yep... my salt levels are rising. This is the exact kind of fugu I was looking for too :(
Its ****ing gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 18:53:25 »
Fugu today didn't even show up on my end till after they were sold out. Feelsbad

That's the nature of FCFS sadly. It's okay, there will be at least another day of fugu :]

Eh, I think it has more to do with ebay. Both for the ebay and /mm pages I spammed F5 and was able to get into the FCFS google forms for day 3, but for the ebay it kept doing the loading screen when I tried to check out... sucks to miss out by seconds.
Yeah I noticed a higher latency on etf's seller page as the deadline drew closer. C'est la vie

Yep... my salt levels are rising. This is the exact kind of fugu I was looking for too :(
Its ****ing gorgeous

yea it is, this is will be #1 choice to trade for my phosphene so far.  Hopefully ETF has some more Fugus in store for us!  :thumb:

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 18:54:28 »
I just stopped following the sale because of how quickly things went.
I just hope to have something to show for all the time invested in this lol. Its so hard doing anything when im checking the Tapatalk notifications every time someone says something in the thread..... which is 500 times a day.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 18:56:06 »

Its ****ing gorgeous

yea it is, this is will be #1 choice to trade for my phosphene so far.  Hopefully ETF has some more Fugus in store for us!  :thumb:
You might be able to swing that, phosphene is pretty popular (for good reason)

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 13:59:55 »
Was picking up dinner during ebay posting. No wifi. Saw the post but page wouldn't load after I clicked buy it now. RIP.

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #206 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 14:01:27 »

Its ****ing gorgeous

I'm hoping we see sales at least up into July 4th. I think if the whole event was over he'd be quick to let us know!

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 00:33:56 »

Its ****ing gorgeous

I'm hoping we see sales at least up into July 4th. I think if the whole event was over he'd be quick to let us know!

Yep, hopefully today's break doesn't mean the Fugu phase of this awesome sale is over!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 09:39:46 »
Need therapy... for the first time
the blue proto is crazy good
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #209 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 09:43:13 »
Agree, that blue proto is damn sexy. I'd love to see one in a darker purple. Hnnnng!

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 15:50:58 »

Fugu in Stars though... so sad RNGesus didn't shed his light on me today :(

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 11:10:20 »
I won a July 4th one finally woo. I wanted the blue proto though. :( Can't wait to see what other fugus come out of this sale....

For some reason bombking just doesn't do it for me so everyone that wants those, I'm one less person entering :P

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 14:39:12 »
RnG 1 - Catch the bird
RnG 2 - Answer the question correctly
RnG 3 - Be chosen from those who answered correctly

So this RnG inside RnG inside RnG is getting REALLY old. The continual frustration of missing a chance at triple RnG by mere minutes  is having me eyeing my existing Nightcaps collection with anger and disdain instead of enjoyment. My coworker comes by my desk, we have a 5 minute conversation, and I miss yet again.

Anyone else thinking about being done with Nightcaps? Maybe if people could only win a certain number of times to increase chances of others eventually winning, this sale type would not feel so bad...  :mad:
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline NAV

• Formerly A_Vicarious_Death
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 14:53:15 »
RnG 1 - Catch the bird

So this RnG inside RnG inside RnG is getting REALLY old. The continual frustration of missing a chance at triple RnG by mere minutes  is having me eyeing my existing Nightcaps collection with anger and disdain instead of enjoyment. My coworker comes by my desk, we have a 5 minute conversation, and I miss yet again.

Anyone else thinking about being done with Nightcaps? Maybe if people could only win a certain number of times to increase chances of others eventually winning, this sale type would not feel so bad...  :mad:

RNG 1- Set up an alert like the rest of the people, there's no random luck involved.

RNG 2 - Know how to use Google

RNG 3 - RNG

Seems like there's only one RNG here. I've entered a little more than half of the summer sales, some days I'm just away from my computer. And I can accept that because I'm not entitled to having every ****ing artisan sale be catered to my schedule.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 14:57:56 »
RnG 1 - Catch the bird

Yo hit me up with that Bloat Fugu if you're getting out, ty.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 14:58:44 »
RnG 1 - Catch the bird

Aren't you used to CV? This is a bit more convoluted, I admit, but losing out is a part of life. I've had a chance to enter four of these and lost them all. Granted, I'm salty as heck, but nowhere near done with Nightcaps.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 15:02:32 »

are u salty or are u just tryin 2 build up a reason 2 flip all ur nightcaps

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 15:39:47 »
RNG 1- Set up an alert like the rest of the people, there's no random luck involved.

RNG 2 - Know how to use Google

RNG 3 - RNG

Seems like there's only one RNG here. I've entered a little more than half of the summer sales, some days I'm just away from my computer. And I can accept that because I'm not entitled to having every ****ing artisan sale be catered to my schedule.

What would I set an alert for, that eat_the_food has posted a reply? What site/service allows to set alerts like this? I did a follow on the thread and get notifications for hours on end (when I'm not at work and can actually check updates through tapatalk)

Google won't answer all the questions, or my Google-Fu could be weak. Have not gotten in to test though so the first RnG roadblock has been enough.

One RnG is fine, but several honestly kills the fun. Maybe this hobby to me is enjoy pieces of plastic when they are easy to get via luck, and when there are too many hoops it isn't worth the time/effort.

Aren't you used to CV? This is a bit more convoluted, I admit, but losing out is a part of life. I've had a chance to enter four of these and lost them all. Granted, I'm salty as heck, but nowhere near done with Nightcaps.

I got to drop my name in the clackvent hat once and obviously didn't win. Missed every single opportunity otherwise. Guess I just don't have time to F5 a web page, and the lab I work in I can't exactly setup notifications.

are u salty or are u just tryin 2 build up a reason 2 flip all ur nightcaps

Why not both? No on needs a reason to sell anything. If I want money I can just choose to sell. Whether I want to pay bills, buy stuff for my daughter, or buy more hobby stuff I can do whatever I want. Just like anything, someone names a price and if someone else has the means and desire they will pay the price. If I'm not enjoying something anymore what is wrong with selling it? Call it flipping if you want, but I've had all my Nightcaps for quite awhile, enjoyed them, orchestrated trades/sales to get them.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 16:05:53 »
RnG 1 - Catch the bird

Dont forget just bad luck RNG! Ive entered every micro batch and and regular sale since puppet master ( 30+ raffles?) and only won prismatic! Yippee!!!! Im so happy for the people that have won 5+ already from poisoned summer alone!!! /s

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 16:56:23 »
RnG 1 - Catch the bird

Even if it was still FCFS you would have missed it then too...

I have not won at all but I still prefer the RNG. If it was FCFS you would have 5ish people winning every time.

Just enjoy then event.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 17:16:01 »
RnG 1 - Catch the bird

I understand your frustration as I felt the same way having to be in a different time zone. I would wake up early morning waiting for the bird and I would doze off just a bit to miss it. Knowing you as we have transacted before that you are definitely better than this. Don't let this frustration get the better part of you. Believe me I have terrible luck with rng as well, booper sales (0/7) so far.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 18:53:20 »
RnG 1 - Catch the bird

Dont forget just bad luck RNG! Ive entered every micro batch and and regular sale since puppet master ( 30+ raffles?) and only won prismatic! Yippee!!!! Im so happy for the people that have won 5+ already from poisoned summer alone!!! /s

Diabetes is caused by salt and not sugar.

Who knew!

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 19:13:58 »
I think the event is awesome - I love the new colorways and really think it's a creative new take on distributing the caps. I am a little bummed since I cannot sit around the computer all day and refresh and keep my eyes on all the places the form could show up - I missed one since I had to piss and the form was closed by the time I got back lol.

I think it favors some of the folks who have the time and attention to babysit threads all day, but otherwise a really awesome event. I am 0/2 and don't think I will be participating in the rest, good luck to everyone else though!

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 13:20:07 »
RnG 1 - Catch the bird

Diabetes is caused by salt and not sugar.

Who knew!
+1 that was a good laugh.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 19:35:38 »
So this RnG inside RnG inside RnG is getting REALLY old

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 16:15:01 »

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 01:17:52 »
either etf thinks i have a lot of culture and don't need any more.

or i don't deserve any culture. i haven't outright won one since culture club.

I just want SPARKLES

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 06:20:07 »
either etf thinks i have a lot of culture and don't need any more.

or i don't deserve any culture. i haven't outright won one since culture club.

I just want SPARKLES
These last two were super nice too. Them 20/500 odds tho.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 00:38:48 »
checking in for therapy.  :( all those dank caps in the main nightcaps thread.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 10:40:58 »
checking in for therapy.  :( all those dank caps in the main nightcaps thread.

Welcome, friend

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 00:18:40 »
Waiting in therapy thread till I win a Nightcaps raffle again. Ill-favored February was quite the run!

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 00:42:33 »
Waiting in therapy thread till I win a Nightcaps raffle again. Ill-favored February was quite the run!

sames. :hug:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 00:43:47 »

Seeing a loss on all 15 was a bummer, but the demand is fierce out there. Chances are so slim  :eek:

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 00:54:35 »

Seeing a loss on all 15 was a bummer, but the demand is fierce out there. Chances are so slim  :eek:

from what I heard the entries were twice as much as PS. I could only imagine how many entries for HF Stax and No Face.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 12:45:00 »

from what I heard the entries were twice as much as PS. I could only imagine how many entries for HF Stax and No Face.

This is my new home. lol. You wont be finding me in the 'post your nightcaps' thread anymore. Somebody gotta pick up all the L's

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #235 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 00:28:59 »

Set time and no trivia too. Haven’t won a nightcaps raffle since day 79.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 10:27:21 »
It's nice to lose another set of raffles. Both days, no wins  :))

Thanks ETF for the funsies anyway.

Offline aya3154

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 10:49:02 »
0/21 for the 2 days and I don't know if it always feels this way cuz this my first but this sale felt like it had the best cws..

Was hopeful in Day 1 but not by the end  :confused:

Repeat for Day 2 with pure indifference
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 June 2018, 20:56:13 by aya3154 »

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 12:27:53 »
i, too. lost all the raffles. feelsbadman

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #239 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 18:06:28 »
I like to think my horrible sales RNG is just stockpiling luck for whenever ETF tries his hand at topre stufs once again.
Well that's what I tell myself.

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 01:49:01 »
Even though it is very demoralizing to no win anything, but to motivate yourself, you have to think that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take :)

Offline Colourr

• no worries
« Reply #241 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 16:52:23 »
Barely missed todays.  :-[

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 13:29:14 »
I just want some fugthulu plz

Offline glack23

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 18:02:43 »
Wake up at ungodly hour to enter and still lose.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 09:24:46 »
i won a eggie E-Z
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 09:25:52 »
Current Poisoned Summer 2 tally: 0/2

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 11:04:10 »
Current Poisoned Summer 2 tally: 0/2

get on my 0/3, sir. :)

Offline sinkingstepz

« Reply #247 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 21:58:28 »
gonna be a long summer

Offline Nomcr

• Hi I'm Cayde
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:08:15 »
Excited for my first poison summer. Hoping to get at least 1 win these next few months!

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:41:55 »
I really need a thulu. plzplzplzplz