Author Topic: [IC] The "Callows" Collection | Samples Update!  (Read 4105 times)

Offline BloremBipsum

• Yes, I am a Dumb Ass Boi
[IC] The "Callows" Collection | Samples Update!
« on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 12:50:56 »

I officially welcome you to The "Callows" Collection. It took a lot of energy and struggles to get here, and it is at a point where I am happy to share
the project out there. This is another project deep in my heart that taps my yearning to create cool and fun stuff while I try to find my voice and image as an artist.
 I sincerely hope that I gave justice and due respect to the artist whose stories inspired me. Please enjoy, and don't be afraid to leave a thing or two.

Designs:

(Potential Rework option!)

I would love to give thanks to my partner in crime, my friends, and the vendors who showed interest and supported this project.
I would also like to give thanks to Mark The Weeb for sharing his rendering talents to the cause.
Shoutout to SpikedSynapse, Afresh, MaxVoltar, DotNick, Kapowaz, Vheissu, its.Hymn, en_Tr0P, Sify, Streamline, Akda Keys,
Kurdtbro, Simbusped, Jaekeyed, and many more for the feedback they gave me to help push this project to be its best.
And to you, the person reading this, for taking time off your day to read what I have to say.

(Click the image to access the links for the IC Form and other platforms)

« Last Edit: Fri, 28 October 2022, 14:08:14 by OlaSoySauce »

Offline Mark The Weeb

Re: [IC] The "Callows" Collection | Samples OTW
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 12:53:25 »
Based Ic 10/10 for the presentation and 10/10 for the designs I'm proud to be able to say I have you as a part of our team!

Offline TheKiwi71

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 13:14:22 »
Good, I was waiting for this :D.

Definitely in for a Har-times deskmat (v.2 if it matters).

Good luck!

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 15:12:11 »
As a fan and owner of some Kieth Haring originals I don’t know how I feel about this. Keith isn’t going to up and do a deskmat anytime soon. And in naming the deskmat, the artist gives recognition of the original artist the style is copying. Yeah, in the fence about the Har versions. If I owned any Basquiat maybe I’d feel a way about that one….but I don’t! Kind of biased in my part, huh? Hmmmmmmm

Offline spikedsynapse

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 October 2022, 09:27:04 »
As a fan and owner of some Kieth Haring originals I don’t know how I feel about this. Keith isn’t going to up and do a deskmat anytime soon. And in naming the deskmat, the artist gives recognition of the original artist the style is copying. Yeah, in the fence about the Har versions. If I owned any Basquiat maybe I’d feel a way about that one….but I don’t! Kind of biased in my part, huh? Hmmmmmmm

Im not sure what you are saying, but one is allowed to create works in homage to others. There is no copyright on visual styles.

Offline ravenousrhino

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 07:58:31 »

Im not sure what you are saying, but one is allowed to create works in homage to others. There is no copyright on visual styles.

Of course you'd be the one saying this

Offline infinitum

• i buy expensive plastic
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 08:46:36 »
ty for good ic. mats look v cool

Offline BloremBipsum

• Yes, I am a Dumb Ass Boi
Re: [IC] The "Callows" Collection
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 October 2022, 14:07:55 »

Hi Everyone!
I hope you are doing well and great! I am OlaSoyDAB, the designer behind The "Callows" Collection, and I have come to provide updates regarding the project's future.

Street Art Trifecta: Legends till the end
Mats Included:
Har-times V2 - OlaSoyDab
Desk-quiat - OlaSoyDab
Banana - Max Voltar

1) Samples have arrived!

I have received my samples from the manufacturer, they are good but not great. During my inspection, I have seen a few issues and potential points of concern. Rest assured, I am doing the necessary alterations needed to deliver a polished and more than satisfactory design worthy of being displayed at your desks.

Har-times V1 (smooth texture)

Har-times V2 (rough texture)

Desk-quiat (smooth texture)

Changes to be made:
- Consistent Line Weight for both Har-times Variations
- Improved print quality with Desk-quiat
- Better cropping of design
- Slight color tweaks (if necessary)

2) Possible Variations.

I would like to thank everyone who filled up the forms and gave their feedback regarding the project. They are being heard and greatly worked upon for future reruns and revamps. If there is enough interest in it, different colorways and compositions will be available in the near future. For this run, we will offer the Desk-quiat and BOTH Har-times variations.

Thank you for the support and understanding!