Author Topic: Clueboard Switch Tester  (Read 64794 times)

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
Clueboard Switch Tester
« on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 00:06:17 »

Not sure what switch you want? Looking for a way to display your artisans? Want to try your hand at soldering a keyboard before you potentially ruin an expensive PCB?

The switch tester comes with 20 different switches and either white or blue LEDs. After assembly you can get a true feel for how a particular switch behaves because the LED will light up when you activate a switch. Did you know that different switches activate at different mid-points? Do you know how quickly a particular switch resets before you can press it again? Want to see how hard it'll be to avoid bottoming out? Answer all of these questions and more.

Want a clean and tidy display stand for your artisans? Just add a laser cut acrylic case! Custom cut after you order, the acrylic case is available in a variety of colors- Clear, White, Black, Blue, Gray, Green, Red, Smoke, and even Iridescent. Here's an example of the black case:

The first 30 orders will include 62g Purple Zealios, after that my stock runs out until ZealPC restocks!
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 December 2015, 18:47:27 by skullydazed »

Offline joey

Re: Clueboard Switch Tester
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 04:03:58 »
That's cute!

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 15:48:21 »
Very interested in pics with a case!

How do you order?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 16:09:41 »
Very interested in pics with a case!

How do you order?

More pictures are coming this afternoon after I finish my lightbox. Tomorrow I'll be cutting a display case and can take pictures of that then. As for ordering, I had hoped to open my store by now but every time I think I'm almost ready 3 new things pop up. :) They'll be orderable soon.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 06:49:38 »
Looks neat. I'd definitely be interested at the right price.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 07:00:30 »
order link please :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 21:02:52 »
Where them pics at?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 01:31:07 »
Where them pics at?

Soon. I tried to cut some on Tuesday but my design wasn't right. I've been working on it tonight and tomorrow I'll spend some more quality time with the laser cutter. In the meantime here are my current designs:

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 18:50:17 »
As promised here are some pictures of the laser cut acrylic case. When you order you'll get your choice of screw color, I have included all 4 to demonstrate the available colors.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 11:11:32 »
As promised here are some pictures of the laser cut acrylic case. When you order you'll get your choice of screw color, I have included all 4 to demonstrate the available colors.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hot damn that looks nice.  Is it possible to get different colors for the layers and the top? Definitely interested in this depending on how the price ends up.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 11:59:04 »
Hot damn that looks nice.  Is it possible to get different colors for the layers and the top? Definitely interested in this depending on how the price ends up.

Sure is! I currently have Black, Blue, Brown, Clear, Green, Grey, Iridescent, Red, Smoke, Tiger Lily Marble, Tortoise shell, and White. If there's some other color/pattern you want and I can find somewhere to order it from I can do that too!

I'm still working on pricing, but I'm hoping to keep most colors under $20 for the case.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 08:49:08 »
Got an update on this?

Zealios are totally sold out (62g has been for a while), do you have you own personal stock for these?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 22:06:30 »
Got an update on this?

Zealios are totally sold out (62g has been for a while), do you have you own personal stock for these?

I'm working on my new store. I had the original almost setup but I couldn't get a few things working, and the host finally admitted they couldn't do what I wanted. I'm aiming to open any day now.

I do have ~30 of these in stock, and some other zealios that aren't allocated yet.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 22:08:23 »
Got an update on this?

I'm working on my new store. I had the original almost setup but I couldn't get a few things working, and the host finally admitted they couldn't do what I wanted. I'm aiming to open any day now.

I do have ~30 of these in stock, and some other zealios that aren't allocated yet.
Ah, very cool!

I will be ready to try and snap one up when your store is operational

Offline odd

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:07:59 »
I'm ready to give you my money.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 01:48:20 »
The store is now open and the switch tester is available!

https://shop.clueboard.co/LED-Switch-Tester.html

I have 25 of these available and when they are gone there will be no more with this particular mix of switches. The Linear Zealios are no longer available and those slots will be replaced by different switches. What 3 switches will take their place? I don't know yet, so if there's something you want to see there make your opinion known.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 20:01:50 »
Ouch. The shipping for PCB + switches (no case) to Canada is a bit too much for me. Maybe it's broken? At the very least the 'province' drop down box doesn't work when you get the prompt to put in city and post code.

EDIT: I just checked. The lowest quote for the 66% Aluminum Case on it's own is $22.05. Something seems to be messed up.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 20:04:13 by nathanrosspowell »

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:48:34 »
Ouch. The shipping for PCB + switches (no case) to Canada is a bit too much for me. Maybe it's broken? At the very least the 'province' drop down box doesn't work when you get the prompt to put in city and post code.
Show Image

EDIT: I just checked. The lowest quote for the 66% Aluminum Case on it's own is $22.05. Something seems to be messed up.

I am still trying to fine tune the shipping settings, but I'm pretty sure you're getting accurate quotes. Unfortunately the Clueboard is just over 12" long, which pushes it into a different parcel class. The box I ship in most often is 16"x9"x2".

Getting a quote for the tai hao caps to H1A gives me a quote of just under $16. I think the USPS rate increases are just making things more expensive than they used to be.  :mad:

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:50:58 »
Show Image

I am still trying to fine tune the shipping settings, but I'm pretty sure you're getting accurate quotes. Unfortunately the Clueboard is just over 12" long, which pushes it into a different parcel class. The box I ship in most often is 16"x9"x2".

Getting a quote for the tai hao caps to H1A gives me a quote of just under $16. I think the USPS rate increases are just making things more expensive than they used to be.  :mad:
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I meant I had the switch tester PCB with no case for $22.50 shipping.

I appreciate it's a new store and there can be a few kinks. Congratulations on its opening by the way!
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 22:55:33 by nathanrosspowell »

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 22:36:39 »
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I meant I had the switch tester PCB with no case for $22.50 shipping.

I appreciate it's a new store and there can be a few kinds. Congratulations on its opening by the way!

Ah, double checking that one looks like it was set to 1lb, when it's actually only 0.25lb. I don't know how much that will affect the price but see if that helps?

And thanks! I'm excited to see what people do with my stuff.

Offline jennb

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 11:16:34 »
Ordered the switch tester. It will be one of a handful of soldering practice kits.

Thanks for offering it along with the case option!
Keyboards: Code MX Clear, Minivan Aliaz switches
Keycap sets: DSA Granite, SA Ice Cep

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:02:54 »
Ordered the switch tester. It will be one of a handful of soldering practice kits.

Thanks for offering it along with the case option!

Soldering practice was one of the primary motivations behind creating it. I hope you enjoy it!

Offline jennb

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 20:02:10 »
I will! Here's hoping I don't need so much practice that I need to order a second tester.  :)

Thanks again for making the switch tester available. I'll follow up in late May with a post of it.
Keyboards: Code MX Clear, Minivan Aliaz switches
Keycap sets: DSA Granite, SA Ice Cep