Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65  (Read 568652 times)

Offline Fnzzy

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65
« Reply #1050 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 21:02:26 »

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #1051 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 04:54:39 »
Hmm just noticed this in one of the posts. Can somebody translate? Google translate isn't doing it well so I can't tell if they are saying the pc plates are cut this bad or if its the protective film.

https://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/21190

Show Image

He also mentioned regretting getting the kanji blocker for the top due to how rough the cut appears to be. I hope it doesn't turn out that way for everyone's tops.

Y I K E S that is disappointing. I also got e-white with kanji fingers crossed for everyone.

I'm thinking of getting some enamel paint and painting it in just in case it's as bad as it looks. Should be able to cover it up and add some value to the board too.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1052 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 04:59:38 »
Hmm just noticed this in one of the posts. Can somebody translate? Google translate isn't doing it well so I can't tell if they are saying the pc plates are cut this bad or if its the protective film.

Show Image

He also mentioned regretting getting the kanji blocker for the top due to how rough the cut appears to be. I hope it doesn't turn out that way for everyone's tops.

Y I K E S that is disappointing. I also got e-white with kanji fingers crossed for everyone.

I'm thinking of getting some enamel paint and painting it in just in case it's as bad as it looks. Should be able to cover it up and add some value to the board too.
Looks like it is not deep enough to infilled.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #1053 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 05:14:27 »

Show Image

I'll try my luck I guess. Fingers crossed that it's just an isolated case.

Offline H3NT4I

• 気持ちいい
« Reply #1054 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 09:34:38 »

Show Image

I'll try my luck I guess. Fingers crossed that it's just an isolated case.

I'll be doing the same thing, carefully done even with issues like that can make it an improvement. But fingers others will be better.

Offline johnny2304

« Reply #1055 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 09:52:32 »
Still have not received my invoice D: (Chicago)

Same here - i only got my address confirmation email.  In Philly
Same here, same in Philly, not received my invoice, only got my confirmation address email :(

Offline noodleman

« Reply #1056 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 10:07:35 »
any idea when the key65 will be on QMK, or possibly VIA?

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1057 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 11:23:13 »
Just got my tracking number this morning.
For anyone interested I got the address confirmation on 4/23, and the shipping invoice on 4/26.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1058 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 11:28:03 »
any idea when the key65 will be on QMK, or possibly VIA?
I thought it already was on qmk, but just checked and it's not. That's a bit of a concern, hopefully it's up soon.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #1059 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 14:06:10 »
Just got my tracking number this morning.
For anyone interested I got the address confirmation on 4/23, and the shipping invoice on 4/26.

This is really comforting to know, actually!  I got my invoice on the 23rd but no tracking info yet.  I'll stay patient!

Offline joonia

« Reply #1060 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 15:21:06 »
shipping confirmation on apr 24th and got my shipping invoice today

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1061 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 15:33:32 »
I'm in the last batch and got my shipping invoice today. $71 USD to Germany. I hope this package arrives, unlike the others I've been ordering recently.

Offline deathjester

« Reply #1062 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 16:09:33 »
Address confirmation arrived on the 24th, still no invoice tho.

Online o3okevin

« Reply #1063 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 16:10:39 »
Shipping invoice hype! Thanks Senter for all you hard work even with all the restrictions!

Offline toanta

« Reply #1064 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:05:53 »
Address confirmation arrived on the 24th, still no invoice tho.

Same here. Hope to get it soon.

Offline Cujo96

« Reply #1065 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 19:51:34 »
Oh boy, DHL have my package on hold at the local depot, not for too long I hope.

Offline jackie89

« Reply #1066 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 22:00:03 »
Oh boy, DHL have my package on hold at the local depot, not for too long I hope.

Hmm mine is still stuck in Hong Kong saying shipping information received. Anyone else with a similar situation?

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1067 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 23:12:51 »

Hmm mine is still stuck in Hong Kong saying shipping information received. Anyone else with a similar situation?
How long has it been in that state? I'm sure the logistics of getting packages out of Hong Kong, even DHL, are pretty challenging. My 2 cents is that anything less than a three days is probably the current normal.

Offline jackie89

« Reply #1068 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 00:12:27 »

How long has it been in that state? I'm sure the logistics of getting packages out of Hong Kong, even DHL, are pretty challenging. My 2 cents is that anything less than a three days is probably the current normal.

Since April 28th now. Hopefully some movement soon :/

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #1069 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 03:19:13 »
$68.90 USD to Ontario Canada :-X

Offline The Equals D

« Reply #1070 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 03:41:52 »

I recently got a package through hong kong dhl and it was the same as yours for about a week. Things are just very slow right now with China and Hong Kong Dhl and they are over loaded and it's taking time to move the packages from China to Hong Kong for them to ship out and for the tracking to update.

Offline leexy

« Reply #1071 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 04:38:03 »
Haven’t checked this thread in a while, is there anything worth reading through that I missed or is it just 20 pages of complaining about shipping cost and “invoice/tracking number when???” posts?

pretty much

Offline dommyy13

« Reply #1072 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 07:14:52 »
I'm in the last batch and got my shipping invoice today. $71 USD to Germany. I hope this package arrives, unlike the others I've been ordering recently.

I'm in Sweden and my package arrived today.  Left Hong Kong on May 1st, arrived in Germany yesterday, and delivered to me today.  So I wouldn't worry about it :]

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #1073 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 08:15:29 »

I'm in Sweden and my package arrived today.  Left Hong Kong on May 1st, arrived in Germany yesterday, and delivered to me today.  So I wouldn't worry about it :]
Pic's or it didn't happen

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #1074 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 10:07:51 »

yes mines been sitting in HK since the 28th

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #1075 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 10:08:49 »
Mine is out for delivery today  :eek:
ThocKeys.com

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1076 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 10:09:42 »
Mine is out for delivery today  :eek:
Please post pics!

Offline jackie89

« Reply #1077 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 10:26:39 »

I recently got a package through hong kong dhl and it was the same as yours for about a week. Things are just very slow right now with China and Hong Kong Dhl and they are over loaded and it's taking time to move the packages from China to Hong Kong for them to ship out and for the tracking to update.

Thanks for the reply. Ya totally that makes sense, I just wanted to make sure it was normal. Especially since we only get tracking numbers after  is been processed. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be here soon. Can't wait.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2020, 10:43:16 by jackie89 »

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1078 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 12:23:31 »

Huh, I just got notification from DHL that mine was picked up, had previously been in 'shipment information received' since the second.  Hopefully yours also gets updated.

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #1079 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 12:45:53 »
I was a fool and didn't order an extra plate.
Does anyone have a brass or aluminum plate they are willing to sell me?

Offline achan7942

[GB] Fox Lab - Key 65
« Reply #1080 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 12:58:55 »
My key65 was just delivered!
Some initial opening pictures

https://m.imgur.com/a/ouzyDO9

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:28:48 by achan7942 »

Offline Solotov

« Reply #1081 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:14:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Your board is similar to my order ;D. How do you like the key logo top in person?
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline jackie89

« Reply #1082 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:36:06 »

Huh, I just got notification from DHL that mine was picked up, had previously been in 'shipment information received' since the second.  Hopefully yours also gets updated.

Since 2nd of May? seems like it is going through processing - hopefully mine updates soon. Fingers crossed. Seeing that many others have their packages in a similar state gives me hope.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #1083 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:41:01 »
Mine is out for delivery as well.  Left Hong Kong on Sat and on truck already.  No complaints :)
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #1084 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:43:55 »
Still no shipping invoice here :'(

Offline achan7942

« Reply #1085 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:47:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Your board is similar to my order ;D. How do you like the key logo top in person?

i like it very much...def. the right choice imo. I couldn't see much machining issues with the logo , probably because it was less complicated to machine vs the kanji.

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1086 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:48:33 »

Since 2nd of May? seems like it is going through processing - hopefully mine updates soon. Fingers crossed. Seeing that many others have their packages in a similar state gives me hope.
Yep, second of may, so it's moving along. Just got an update that it will be delivered by Friday, although my experience with DHL Express leads me to think it might be sooner.

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1087 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:50:08 »
Does anyone who has one on hand have any luck with the keymap? Looks like qmk doesn't yet have this board, and there hasn't been a PR for it yet

Offline crystalflame

« Reply #1088 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 14:26:27 »
Heads up to anyone else who emailed to change their shipping address that mine was not changed to the one I gave even though I got a confirmation email back.

Offline thecheeselouise

« Reply #1089 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 14:29:49 »
Heads up to anyone else who emailed to change their shipping address that mine was not changed to the one I gave even though I got a confirmation email back.

I just went through this. My order was delivered today to my old apartment. Luckily, I met the new tenets before moving out so I just drove over there and they handed it over to me.

Offline Soraie

« Reply #1090 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 15:13:38 »
Still no shipping invoice here :'(

I know right! People receiving their boards and we're here twitching for just the shipping invoice....  :'(

Offline jackie89

« Reply #1091 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 15:23:15 »

Yep, second of may, so it's moving along. Just got an update that it will be delivered by Friday, although my experience with DHL Express leads me to think it might be sooner.

Lucky! hope it gets to you real soon. I'm itching to get mine so I can build something haha.

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #1092 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:21:06 »
I can't seem to find the qmk firmware for this board.
Does anyone have it?

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #1093 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:24:48 »
Does anyone have it?

I ddn'tt see the board in the QMK GitHub repository as of yesterday, but I might have mussed it.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1094 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:30:26 »
Does anyone have it?

I ddn'tt see the board in the QMK GitHub repository as of yesterday, but I might have mussed it.
I asked the folks on the qmk discord channel, and they have not yet received a pull request for it. They said it typically takes around a week to merge after a PR, so might be a bit until the fw is ready

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #1095 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:36:59 »

Don't think it really needs any words.

Offline joonia

« Reply #1096 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:42:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

did it come with gloves too??

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #1097 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:53:00 »

Yeah same you can just redirect it when you get the DHL text though
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline thecheeselouise

« Reply #1098 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:57:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Did you end up using the rubber sheet in between the PCB and plate? What purpose would the rubber sheet serve?

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #1099 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 17:07:31 »

(No unboxing until later, spent lunch hour retrieving it)