Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65  (Read 568673 times)

Offline thecheeselouise

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65
« Reply #1200 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 14:30:06 »
Has anyone had any luck with programming their key65 yet? When I head into QMK confiq the pcb isn't listed. I saw the .hex and .json files, but I am unsure what use these are without the keyboard being listed in the config. I've always just used VIA in the past but, it doesnt seem that VIA is able to recognize this PCB.
you can use the website linked (https://kbfirmware.com/) and upload the json file.  after you change the keymap and stuff you'll see and option to compile as a hex file.  The hex file you use in qmk to flash keyboard with.  Use it as a local file in the QMK toolbox instead of selecting your keyboard from the list.

Thanks for the help. Worked perfectly.

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #1201 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:18:55 »
I have a rudimentary VIA support going, if someone wants to test.
Disclaimer: I don't have all layouts and it may or may not work. Use at your own risk.
Edit: forgot you need an updated hex. Here's mine that I used for my board. Again use at your own risk.
Edit2: Updated json to match hex.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:49:21 by airyimbin »

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #1202 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:24:58 »
You need to enable Design tab in VIA, then load the json file.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:47:13 by airyimbin »

Offline DZSlasher

« Reply #1203 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 16:53:12 »
Will there be any extras that will be available?
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2020, 17:48:10 by DZSlasher »

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1204 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 17:39:54 »
Disclaimer: I don't have all layouts and it may or may not work. Use at your own risk.
Edit: forgot you need an updated hex. Here's mine that I used for my board. Again use at your own risk.
If failed, is there any chance to damage the pcb? Are you using it now in VIA?

Can you give step by step instruction on how to convert it? Thanks

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #1205 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 17:41:35 »

Thanks for your effort. I'll test it by myself when I get time.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #1206 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 17:48:17 »
Are they any extras that will become available?

No extras but it shouldn't be difficult to buy one from a GB participant.
It was an unlimited GB. In total around 600 kits were sold in the international GB and Chinese GB.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #1207 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 17:57:04 »
why is this not in qmk???

theoretically this could have been done a long time ago

kbfirmware.com is more convenient for those who don't write codes or use Github. If you do write C and know how to compile it, kbfirmware.com can simply generate the QMK codes. The json files for kbfirmware.com is attached in the OP if you didn't see them.

Offline Kamimamita

« Reply #1208 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:06:23 »
Just finished building mine, really happy with how it turned out!
241782-0

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1209 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:07:53 »

kbfirmware.com is more convenient for those who don't write codes or use Github. If you do write C and know how to compile it, kbfirmware.com can simply generate the QMK codes. The json files for kbfirmware.com is attached in the OP if you didn't see them.
If in qmk, it would be easily to port it to be compatible with VIA. That's the main objective.

Offline jackie89

« Reply #1210 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:08:21 »
Is anyone else still waiting for their order to move? Been a week since I got my tracking number and all I see on DHL is Shipment information received. I thought we only received tracking once the packages were processed by proxy/DHL?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #1211 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:17:45 »

If in qmk, it would be easily to port it to be compatible with VIA. That's the main objective.

I see. I've never used VIA THB. I always compile the codes or use kbfirmware.com.
I still don't understand why people ask for merging the codes into QMK's main branch. Is it required by VIA? If someone knows how do port, he/she must know how to compile the codes. If he/she only want it to be convenient,  why care about QMK's main branch?

Offline Riskymilk

« Reply #1212 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:27:30 »
Is anyone else still waiting for their order to move? Been a week since I got my tracking number and all I see on DHL is Shipment information received. I thought we only received tracking once the packages were processed by proxy/DHL?

yep same with mine. got my tracking on the 28th of april and no movement :( will keep waiting

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #1213 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:33:58 »

I paid my shipping invoice on the 23rd and haven't gotten a tracking number yet >_<  You're a step ahead of me!  I assume it's covid stuff

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #1214 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:35:56 »

yep same with mine. got my tracking on the 28th of april and no movement :( will keep waiting

If you've received the tracking number, that means your board has been shipped to Hongkong from Shenzhen, and been processed by the Hongkong DHL proxy.

Offline jackie89

« Reply #1215 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:41:47 »

If you've received the tracking number, that means your board has been shipped to Hongkong from Shenzhen, and been processed by the Hongkong DHL proxy.

I paid my shipping invoice on the 23rd and haven't gotten a tracking number yet >_<  You're a step ahead of me!  I assume it's covid stuff

Ahh I guess that makes sense, my apologies for the misunderstanding. I guess we just have to wait for the Proxy to hand over the packages to DHL Hong Kong so it can make its way to us. I'm excited to build to be honest, all the boards so far look fantastic.

Offline Instinct

« Reply #1216 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 19:23:18 »
(Attachment Link)

Is that the hotswap pcb that has backlight? Can you change the colors from blue to other colors? Is it RGB?

Offline Kamimamita

« Reply #1217 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 19:40:25 »
(Attachment Link)

Is that the hotswap pcb that has backlight? Can you change the colors from blue to other colors? Is it RGB?

No, I have the solder pcb. I soldered some rgb strips on the back and I also have a polycarbonate plate so some of the light from under spills through, making it look backlit.

Offline karmbit klacks

« Reply #1218 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 21:22:20 »

Is there a way to have the invoice resent? PayPal and Gmail did not notify me of a new email when the invoice was sent on May 4th. The invoice was set to expire on May 4th and its just now that I got the email in my inbox. I emailed at runninghack@gmail.com but I don't know if that is active for support so I'll post it here since it's relevant to shipping.

Offline Ipse

« Reply #1219 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 21:53:44 »

I see. I've never used VIA THB. I always compile the codes or use kbfirmware.com.
I still don't understand why people ask for merging the codes into QMK's main branch. Is it required by VIA? If someone knows how do port, he/she must know how to compile the codes. If he/she only want it to be convenient,  why care about QMK's main branch?

Nice to see someone else gave this a go too. This is my first board so I decided to give this a **** and it seemed pretty simple. I managed to get the hotswap board and all the layouts for the universal pcb onto VIA. I just don't really understand how backlighting actually works on QMK so I have no idea what's going on with that. The intensity seems to work for the hotswap board though, I have no idea if the hotswap board is RGB or not I'm assuming it is, or at least hoping. Either way I suppose this is going to be up to senter as to which product numbers he wants to choose, I've just given the hotswap as 0003 and the universal as 0004 following the leaf60, anyway these are the flashes for each PCB and the json files for via.

Offline kabocha

« Reply #1220 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 21:57:06 »
Will the ANSI plate files be shared? Thanks!

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1221 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 22:59:53 »

Nice to see someone else gave this a go too. This is my first board so I decided to give this a **** and it seemed pretty simple. I managed to get the hotswap board and all the layouts for the universal pcb onto VIA. I just don't really understand how backlighting actually works on QMK so I have no idea what's going on with that. The intensity seems to work for the hotswap board though, I have no idea if the hotswap board is RGB or not I'm assuming it is, or at least hoping. Either way I suppose this is going to be up to senter as to which product numbers he wants to choose, I've just given the hotswap as 0003 and the universal as 0004 following the leaf60, anyway these are the flashes for each PCB and the json files for via.
Can you provide step by step instruction on how to do it?

Offline Ipse

« Reply #1222 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 23:12:26 »

Well you reset the board first, open up the QMK toolbox under local file you just browse for the correct via hex file for you pcb then flash it. After that you just open via, click the desgin tab ( you might have to enable it in the setting panel.) hit load then load the .json file for you pcb and that's about it really.

Offline Topernicus

« Reply #1223 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 00:10:02 »
Just trying to decide on my layout while I'm waiting for stabs to arrive, but I'm pretty sure this is it.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1224 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 00:15:33 »

Well you reset the board first, open up the QMK toolbox under local file you just browse for the correct via hex file for you pcb then flash it. After that you just open via, click the desgin tab ( you might have to enable it in the setting panel.) hit load then load the .json file for you pcb and that's about it really.

Thanks! I will try that.

Is there a possiblity the pcb will brick or damage if wrong procedure?

Just trying to decide on my layout while I'm waiting for stabs to arrive, but I'm pretty sure this is it.

Show Image

Lovely! What color is your plate?

Offline Topernicus

« Reply #1225 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 00:18:03 »

Show Image

Lovely! What color is your plate?

I went with space grey on the logo, plate, mid, and weight.

Offline Ipse

« Reply #1226 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 00:45:55 »

I mean I doubt it, I think that's what the reset button is for. I mean this is the first time I've ever worked on a keyboard, but I didn't run into any troubles and I ended up flashing the board like 20+ times while trying to port stuff to via. I forgot to do a lot of things along the way so there was a lot of back tracking. You should be good with just flashing that hex onto your board and then loading the json up onto Via.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 May 2020, 00:59:04 by Ipse »

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1227 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 01:26:17 »

I mean I doubt it, I think that's what the reset button is for. I mean this is the first time I've ever worked on a keyboard, but I didn't run into any troubles and I ended up flashing the board like 20+ times while trying to port stuff to via. I forgot to do a lot of things along the way so there was a lot of back tracking. You should be good with just flashing that hex onto your board and then loading the json up onto Via.

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 May 2020, 02:51:56 by Myk! »

Offline AMONster

« Reply #1228 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 04:51:31 »
Anyone selling a gb spot? White color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ninjinphu

• Music to Clack to
« Reply #1229 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 09:55:46 »
Anyone selling a gb spot? White color.

At this stage in the group buy you're probably best off waiting for someone who's already received theirs or are putting it up on aftermarket.

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #1230 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 14:42:55 »
Finally done building mine. Desoldering the reset button was an easy fix as like the others the pcb stopped working when screwing the board down.
Built mine with a PC plate and alpacas. The gaskets on this thing are a huge improvement (at least for me) in the sound department over the leaf60. sounds very very thocky with the alu case. Now I'm curious what those all polycarb builds sound like.

Thanks Senter!

Offline kurple

« Reply #1231 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 14:44:42 »
Can you do a sound test, pleasseee? ^_^

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #1232 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 14:58:17 »
Can you do a sound test, pleasseee? ^_^

I tried with my phone but its a far cry from how the thing sounds irl. Dont have my mic with me atm unfortunately. Will definitely post a video soon.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #1233 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 15:01:35 »
hows the machining on your top plate kanji?

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #1234 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 15:07:07 »
hows the machining on your top plate kanji?

clean. i don't see any rough edges or burrs.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1235 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 18:14:35 »
Those who built all alu with linear switches, how's the sound and feel of the plate?

Offline BestShuckleNA

• はあちゃまっちゃま~!
« Reply #1236 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 18:16:45 »
Just finished building mine! Built with 3204 lubed tealios with 55g tx springs oil lubed, sounds and feels so good! Wasn't sure what to hope for with my first gasket build but this knocks it out of the park for sure :D

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline achan7942

« Reply #1237 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 18:26:26 »
PC with rgb

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1238 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 18:31:26 »
PC with rgb

Show Image

Aluplate? What switches? How's the feel and sound of the plate?

Offline achan7942

« Reply #1239 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 18:42:16 »
PC with rgb

Show Image

Brass with lubed and filmed black inks. Feels and sounds good. I added the rubber between the switch and plate, so it def. helps!

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1240 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 18:47:11 »
PC with rgb

Show Image

Brass with lubed and filmed black inks. Feels and sounds good. I added the rubber between the switch and plate, so it def. helps!

Plate not rigid? Gaskets helps to soften it?
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 May 2020, 19:03:58 by Myk! »

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1241 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 19:03:07 »
*deleted

Offline achan7942

« Reply #1242 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 19:04:22 »
*deleted
The gasket def helps a lot!

Offline MsCookz

« Reply #1243 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 19:44:43 »
PC with rgb

Show Image

love your artisans, best board ive seen yet :D

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #1244 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 20:14:42 »
Looking to trade my PC plate (7U) and hotswap PCB for a standard PCB

Offline joonia

« Reply #1245 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 20:51:45 »
PC with rgb

Show Image

what rgb strip did you happen to use?

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #1246 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 21:03:54 »
Damn the PC looks so good. Hope my white,teal & PC look as nice

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Offline achan7942

« Reply #1247 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 21:54:32 »
PC with rgb

Show Image

what rgb strip did you happen to use?
It’s a ALITOVE 60 Pixels WS2812B from Amazon. Any ws2812 would work .

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #1248 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 11:32:50 »
Those who built all alu with linear switches, how's the sound and feel of the plate?

Very thocky, almost like an HHKB

Offline MadsMe

« Reply #1249 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 12:01:22 »
Has anyone had any luck with programming their key65 yet? When I head into QMK confiq the pcb isn't listed. I saw the .hex and .json files, but I am unsure what use these are without the keyboard being listed in the config. I've always just used VIA in the past but, it doesnt seem that VIA is able to recognize this PCB.
you can use the website linked (https://kbfirmware.com/) and upload the json file.  after you change the keymap and stuff you'll see and option to compile as a hex file.  The hex file you use in qmk to flash keyboard with.  Use it as a local file in the QMK toolbox instead of selecting your keyboard from the list.

Thanks for the help. Worked perfectly.

Did you have to have the PCB plugged in?
It says "invalid configuration" when I try to upload the json file. But I don't have the PCB yet so that might be why?