Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65  (Read 568685 times)

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65
« Reply #1500 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 14:23:25 »
Nice and boring grey.

Mill max sockets. Trying out 67g Zilents. Assembling/lubing pandas. Cutting a reset switch. Figuring out why qmk wouldn't recognize it. whew, i'm done.
buuuuuuut it sounds great, feels great, and I am happy with it.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hey quick question, are the stabilizers plate or pcb mounted? Haven't received mine yet but I'm ordering some keycaps and switches now.
PCB mount stabilisers

Offline InediblePi

« Reply #1501 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 14:57:53 »
Anyone have more information about these special Key65s posted on zFrontier? https://www.zfrontier.com/app/flow/21258

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #1502 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 15:10:40 »
Anyone have more information about these special Key65s posted on zFrontier? https://www.zfrontier.com/app/flow/21258

Damn those are nice - that fox logo is sick

Offline merkz

« Reply #1503 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 15:32:08 »

Damn those are nice - that fox logo is sick

Oh man if that fox logo was bronzed on a space gray body, I'd probably cream myself

Offline MsCookz

« Reply #1504 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 16:36:09 »
got an update on dhl, it's now been on hold for four times now and was expecting it today  :(

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #1505 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 16:38:06 »
got an update on dhl, it's now been on hold for four times now and was expecting it today  :(

Same thing here.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1506 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 16:56:56 »
Mine already at delivery facility in our city on 18th. But scheduled for delivery on 21st. They're on skeletal workforce.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Offline DabbyBear

« Reply #1507 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 17:33:40 »

Same thing here.

I'm on the fourth hold too... most recently today with an estimated arrival date of today, which if it truely is still in HK makes absolutely no sense. I understand the situation makes shipping a struggle but I really don't understand how the shipping estimation is this messed up.

Offline toanta

« Reply #1508 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:03:24 »

Same thing here.

I'm on the fourth hold too... most recently today with an estimated arrival date of today, which if it truely is still in HK makes absolutely no sense. I understand the situation makes shipping a struggle but I really don't understand how the shipping estimation is this messed up.

It is the estimate before it gets into any sort of customs.

Offline deathjester

« Reply #1509 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:15:08 »
Mine arrived today.

The finish is amazing, I'm really happy with the grey and blue anno!

Mine still came with the reset switch (clipped button) but I removed it anyway just to be safe.

Also I'm using an ISO plate file, the wings on the plate were too square and required the corners filing down (This wasn't too much of an issue because it's only brushed aluminium.
Second I put the rubber in between the plate and the PCB, but I didn't check it and the #~ key under the bottom of the enter key wouldn't fit due to the rubber, I had to trim it back, I'd already made extensive trims to allow for the ISO enter key.

Once I'd figured out how to adjust the template to move \ | to next to left shift it was a piece of cake to build and looks amazing.

Offline merkz

« Reply #1510 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:33:42 »

Same thing here.

It's because that plane is going to make a runway out of your street

Offline DabbyBear

« Reply #1511 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:54:16 »

Same thing here.

It's because that plane is going to make a runway out of your street

Time to clear the road and get the runway lights set up!  :thumb:

Offline edctog

« Reply #1512 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 19:10:26 »
My sorbothane sheet finally arrived. I stuffed that space right below the spacebar and now the spacebar sounds lovely and consistent like the rest of the board. Highly recommended I say!

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #1513 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 19:47:17 »
My sorbothane sheet finally arrived. I stuffed that space right below the spacebar and now the spacebar sounds lovely and consistent like the rest of the board. Highly recommended I say!

Please share pics on how you stuff it. Thanks

Offline olsen34

« Reply #1514 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 20:21:17 »

Isn't this what everybody wanted instead of the key logo? Haha

Offline pengle

« Reply #1515 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 20:35:44 »
I'm having an issue with one of the hotswap sockets on my board being dead, the one right above the right arrow key, not sure how to proceed. I've tested it with other switches and tried to manually test it with tweezers but it seems like the socket is full on dead. Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline prangano

« Reply #1516 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 20:39:01 »
I'm having an issue with one of the hotswap sockets on my board being dead, the one right above the right arrow key, not sure how to proceed. I've tested it with other switches and tried to manually test it with tweezers but it seems like the socket is full on dead. Anyone have any suggestions?
Adding a bit of solder to the sockets connection might help, also check if there is a missing diode next to the switch traces, sometimes they come loose, at least that happened to me on the NK65

Offline pengle

« Reply #1517 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 20:53:52 »
Adding a bit of solder to the sockets connection might help, also check if there is a missing diode next to the switch traces, sometimes they come loose, at least that happened to me on the NK65

Thanks for the suggestion, I just tried adding solder but that didn't end up doing anything

Online o3okevin

« Reply #1518 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 20:55:15 »
could be because that's set to Fn by default

Offline pengle

« Reply #1519 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 21:00:49 »
could be because that's set to Fn by default

Wow, I think you're right,would have never thought that was the case. I tried multiple keyboard testing suites but none of them showed 'fn' being pressed until I tried inputting it with number keys. Appreciate the help  :D

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #1520 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 21:55:09 »

With my limited knowledge of chinese, seems to be a valentines day gift. As to how he procured it, I'm not exactly sure.

Offline leexy

« Reply #1521 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 22:32:24 »
managed to flash the pcb and was able to edit the keymappings in via. however, can't seem to turn on or adjust the led lighting. anyone facing similar issues? (universal pcb and not soldered yet)
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2020, 22:35:55 by leexy »

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1522 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 03:43:02 »
Are you talking about backlighting or underglow lighting? Blacklighting I can't help you with but the PCB doesn't have underglow LEDs unless you solder on a strip.

Offline leexy

« Reply #1523 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 04:09:19 »
Are you talking about backlighting or underglow lighting? Blacklighting I can't help you with but the PCB doesn't have underglow LEDs unless you solder on a strip.

ah ok thanks. was under the impression the pcb had underglow

Offline Ipse

« Reply #1524 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 05:17:17 »
I've gone ahead and created a PR for the Key 65 PCBs to QMK and VIA. Since I don't own a hotswap PCB, would appreciate someone testing the Hotswap variants and leaving a comment on the PRs with test results.

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/9116
https://github.com/the-via/keyboards/pull/141

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but you're lighting the caps lock led when it's off, instead of the usual when it's on.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #1525 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 06:13:12 »
I've gone ahead and created a PR for the Key 65 PCBs to QMK and VIA. Since I don't own a hotswap PCB, would appreciate someone testing the Hotswap variants and leaving a comment on the PRs with test results.

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but you're lighting the caps lock led when it's off, instead of the usual when it's on.

Not what I had intended :)) Is this the case on both the universal and hotswap?

Offline Ipse

« Reply #1526 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 07:33:24 »

Yea it is. Fixed it up myself but I wasn't sure if it was intentional. I haven't tested the universal sicne I don't have led's on it, but I noticed it's the same function.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1527 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 08:28:10 »
Mine came not flawless  :(
https://imgur.com/a/yDs4Hzt

I notice 2 scratch and the alum color is visible

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #1528 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 09:30:59 »
Mine came not flawless  :(
https://imgur.com/a/yDs4Hzt

I notice 2 scratch and the alum color is visible
Show Image

Please send it back to me. I want to check it by myself. Your PM has been replied.

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #1529 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 09:49:36 »
Mine also just came in. Had to pay an extra 80zł (~20$) VAT, but then it arrived the next day.

Holy-moly this thing is niiiice. The e-coat is immaculate.

Unfortunately, the PCB came in a little scuffed. Hopefully it's functional (will test later).

It also seems that the reset button was already cut down.

The key corner logo is perfect, though. I'm so happy. :)

E-white is a very nice shade; bright and milky. Here's a color comparison with a box of sweets. I'll be putting KAT Milkshake on it once that arrives, so hopefully it matches well. :)

Here's the full gallery if you need more: https://imgur.com/gallery/RE5NojO
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #1530 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 10:20:57 »
Mine also just came in. Had to pay an extra 80zł (~20$) VAT, but then it arrived the next day.

Show Image

Show Image

Unfortunately, the PCB came in a little scuffed. Hopefully it's functional (will test later).

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

E-white is a very nice shade; bright and milky. Here's a color comparison with a box of sweets. I'll be putting KAT Milkshake on it once that arrives, so hopefully it matches well. :)

Show Image

Hi quick question,

My board was delivered to a friend, he was not able to find the gaskets.

Is the black plate like thingy the gasket?
I thought it was the foam which would go between the pcb and plate.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1531 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 10:22:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hi quick question,

Gaskets are in small ziplock

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2020, 10:23:50 by Myk! »

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #1532 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 11:14:52 »
Hi quick question,

You are correct. That is the foam (but it feels more like rubber) that is sandwiched between the plate and PCB. The gaskets and the bumpons were packed in a small plastic bag. They're translucent and were packaged on the top layer of the box along with the gloves and alcohol pads.

Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #1533 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 11:34:49 »
Hi quick question,

You are correct. That is the foam (but it feels more like rubber) that is sandwiched between the plate and PCB. The gaskets and the bumpons were packed in a small plastic bag. They're translucent and were packaged on the top layer of the box along with the gloves and alcohol pads.

Show Image

Thanks for the clearing that up so quick :)

Offline DZSlasher

« Reply #1534 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 14:07:28 »
Seems like all of the keyboards going to the east coast are going to come together since I have had a "Shipment on Hold" status just like some others on the east coast.

Offline Felt

« Reply #1535 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 14:17:27 »
Seems like all of the keyboards going to the east coast are going to come together since I have had a "Shipment on Hold" status just like some others on the east coast.

I called DHL about my package (coming to CHI) because I also have a laundry list of "Shipment on hold" statuses, and they told me that Hong Kong currently only allows a certain quantity of packages to be sent out per day. They also said they might not update the estimated delivery date and also don't know when the package would ship.

I sort of assumed this was the case, so we have no choice but to continue playing the waiting game for now...

Offline DZSlasher

« Reply #1536 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 14:43:32 »

I called DHL about my package (coming to CHI) because I also have a laundry list of "Shipment on hold" statuses, and they told me that Hong Kong currently only allows a certain quantity of packages to be sent out per day. They also said they might not update the estimated delivery date and also don't know when the package would ship.

I sort of assumed this was the case, so we have no choice but to continue playing the waiting game for now...

That is good to know. Thank you follow-up with them!

Offline johnny2304

« Reply #1537 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 16:17:49 »
 "on hold" 5th times so far. The Estimated Delivery Date is currently unavailable.   :'(

Offline prangano

« Reply #1538 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 16:43:34 »
Tracking says shipment information received since May 7th but I got it today so yeah, DHL’s a mess right now.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #1539 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 17:58:40 »

Yea it is. Fixed it up myself but I wasn't sure if it was intentional. I haven't tested the universal sicne I don't have led's on it, but I noticed it's the same function.

Fixed and tested on universal, should be fixed up on hotswap too. Thanks for pointing it out.

Offline Cresc3nt

« Reply #1540 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 00:28:26 »
Tracking says shipment information received since May 7th but I got it today so yeah, DHL’s a mess right now.
What country?

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #1541 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 00:30:31 »
What country?
I received it yesterday and DHL website still says shipment information received. So please take the tracking information with a grain if salt.

Offline Cresc3nt

« Reply #1542 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 00:36:40 »
What country?
I received it yesterday and DHL website still says shipment information received. So please take the tracking information with a grain if salt.

Well I guess that's better than my package being stuck in Hong Kong all this time and I may receive it any day now since my shipment says it was received on the 7th, but it's been on hold since then.

Offline MsCookz

« Reply #1543 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 00:37:43 »
What country?

what was your estimated delivery date though on the website?

Offline prangano

« Reply #1544 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 02:36:32 »
What country?

what was your estimated delivery date though on the website?
Mine didn't have an estimate, it still says shipment information received and no estimate

Offline tuilokee

« Reply #1545 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 02:56:45 »
Received my package yesterday (excited),but no tools to open the case.
Can anyone tell me what size of (hex) wrench I need?

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1546 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 03:02:15 »
Added foam on spacebar area

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2020, 05:06:53 by Myk! »

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1547 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 03:07:42 »
Finally built mine. Its my first time to use a gasket/sandwich mount keyboard. Really loving it!

Sorry for my cloned Olivia (PBT Blush). Its a doubleshot.

Offline dommyy13

« Reply #1548 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 05:33:47 »
Received my package yesterday (excited),but no tools to open the case.
Can anyone tell me what size of (hex) wrench I need?

The one I used just says 2.0 on it.  but yeah it is a hex tip

Offline tuilokee

« Reply #1549 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 09:39:35 »

The one I used just says 2.0 on it.  but yeah it is a hex tip

thanks,really helpful.