Author Topic: Feedback / Suggestion Box  (Read 171273 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Suggestion Box
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 16:56:49 »
We want those awesome business cards NOW!! ;)

+1

Were they a limited item only for KeyCon 2013 attendees?

Can we, maybe, order one from the web site?

They will be available for sale on TechKeys, but not just yet.

Sweet :)

Where did the inspiration for making it come from, if you don't mind my asking?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pas008

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 22:42:22 »
blue version of vegas dice
1-12 roman numerals for f keys(well I-XII) backlit or non
golf ball with a bunch of dimples love to have it for my esc key

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 23:53:03 »
I would love to see some white switch stickers!

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 14:23:04 »
Here's an idea for two keys:

A 'grue' key: Just a black key, doubleshot, with two eyes and perhaps a bit of a smile. You should all know what a grue is, if not, for shame.

And, of course, a 'Z' for 'Zork':

57841-2

UV printing for the stone-masonry 'Z' or maybe use the more simple, but more stylized 'Z'?

GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:54:12 »
Any chance of doing discounts for larger quantities of clear switch covers?

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 23:09:52 »
I typically offer price breaks (when asked) on orders that are larger than a standard volume.

PM me if you are interested in placing a bulk order.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 23:44:52 »
Aww shoot, looks like I waited too long :[
When will clear switch covers come back in stock?

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 09:35:53 »
Aww shoot, looks like I waited too long :[
When will clear switch covers come back in stock?
Oh that's not right at all! I have tons of them...store updated.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 23:24:32 »
I already made a thread so it would be more visible, but thought I would also post it here since this is the Suggestion Box.

Please re-stock the laminated GH keycap mats.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 23:34:18 »
Man - those were great but they were a major pain to ship.  I ended up using a giant bubble mailer, but there were so many issues of them either being crammed into mailboxes and damaged or people damaging them when cutting the bubble mailer open.

By the time I add in all the extra cost for shipping with postage rates what they are, I don't think they would be a good value.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 23:41:23 »
Man - those were great but they were a major pain to ship.  I ended up using a giant bubble mailer, but there were so many issues of them either being crammed into mailboxes and damaged or people damaging them when cutting the bubble mailer open.

By the time I add in all the extra cost for shipping with postage rates what they are, I don't think they would be a good value.

I know I personally wouldn't mind paying for the extra shipping/postage.

There isn't anywhere close to me that I can find to print/laminate for me.  Fedex bought Kinkos.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 23:58:04 »

No luck with tube mailers?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 01:02:17 »

No luck with tube mailers?

Mine is fairly stiff - it would need to be a reasonably large tube mailer, which might push the price up a bit.

Plus you'd have to hope it would unfurl once unpackaged.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ROFLmonstar

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 02:47:32 »
How about one of those thin and wide boxes? I got my switches shipped that way, seems perfect for something like this.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 17:44:22 »
you can make a high quality print and lamination at most FedEx/Kinkos... I think this is a good idea for a boxed set, but on its own it's a drain of resources unless the cost is drastically inflated.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."