Author Topic: Why do keyboard enthusiasts hate razer keyboards  (Read 3183 times)

Offline AnnieWX

Why do keyboard enthusiasts hate razer keyboards
« on: Thu, 10 November 2022, 08:51:02 »
I have noticed a trend in which mechanical keyboard enthusiasts do not like razer keyboards why is this what is bad about razer keyboards.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Why do keyboard enthusiasts hate razer keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 November 2022, 09:39:25 »
ugly, bad quality, poor switches, etc

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 November 2022, 10:07:52 »
They're also partially responsible for the masses buying into gaming rhetoric and strange marketing ploys that magically improve performance. For what you pay, it's not really worth.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 November 2022, 10:40:33 »
I hate the company for its marketing lies, heavy driver "application" that supposedly spies on users,  cryptocurrency scams, how their software could be used to hack into peoples' machines and how the company haven't really taken responsibility for any of it.
None of what I mentioned above is hyperbole: it really happened.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 November 2022, 10:49:02 »
Poor QC, Bad Bloatware, and the list continues on and just has gotten worse over time. 

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline th3_outs1d3r

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 November 2022, 10:53:39 »
From my point of view, it has more to do with options for customizability and case shape. I have owned razer keyboards in the past, and have not had any QC issues. Mind you, that is a small sample size; but I have heard other people have inconsistencies with switches and poor keycap legend quality. In terms of "GAMING PERFORMANCE!" I have not noticed a different in key actuation between razer and the custom key switches I have used. It was not perceptible at all, in terms of latency. Finally, if you are on these forums, you are generally looking for a more bespoke experience, than just an off the shelf keyboard :)  Keyboard enthusiast are a bit of a different breed, and generally are looking for something unique. So take that with a grain of salt. 

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Chris

Offline selsik

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 November 2022, 01:10:05 »
They're also partially responsible for the masses buying into gaming rhetoric and strange marketing ploys that magically improve performance. For what you pay, it's not really worth.

Excuse me, are you IMPLYING that 1000Hz polling rate, RGB backlight and tacticool optical switches won't land me a career in eSports?
Topre >>> MX

Offline AnnieWX

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 November 2022, 15:21:01 »
ugly, bad quality, poor switches, etc

I agree with you Razer only cares about RGB to appeal to to gamers