Author Topic: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING THE BOARDS  (Read 570776 times)

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
Re: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - INVOICING
« Reply #300 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 08:12:36 »
Parts invoice paid, ready for assembly invoice!

-Aox

I will do the form for assembly  cost tonight.  :p

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #301 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 18:37:20 »
Hi jhoang,  I sent you a PM
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 04:36:31 »

Okay. I will check the inbox soon.  :)

Offline vari_mu

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 14:10:51 »
Paid first invoice! Very excited! I'm assuming since I went for all Zeal hardware the cost of the switches and the Zeal mounts will be factored into the assembly invoice?
The prototype looks amazing! Can't wait!!  ;D

Offline Gajible

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 15:54:37 »

Okay. I will check the inbox soon.  :)

Hey! I responded as well regarding the white upgrade!

Thanks for all your patience throughout all these order changes man!

Offline Delirious

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 16:31:04 »
Just look at the order check list and realized I got bump to no. 13 on Founder list. Super excited about that number, whatever happens please make sure that 13 is my permanent number.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 16:37:18 »
Just look at the order check list and realized I got bump to no. 13 on Founder list. Super excited about that number, whatever happens please make sure that 13 is my permanent number.

Damn you. I wanted to be #13

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 16:47:11 »
I'm a total noob when it comes to software but, when you say this keyboard is fully programmable via Bootmapperclient, does it mean that I can just remap anything I want in the program and...that's it? No flashing required and all that stuff?

Would really appreciate an answer so I can stop worrying about messing up something and bricking a nice keyboard!
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 16:50:20 by notglacier »
actualglacier on youtube

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 17:29:37 »
not sure if i missed this, but will there be a follow-up group buy for the E2-V1 numpad?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 17:53:28 »
not sure if i missed this, but will there be a follow-up group buy for the E2-V1 numpad?

Also interested to know this as I'd definitely be in for one  :thumb:

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 17:56:54 »
I'm a total noob when it comes to software but, when you say this keyboard is fully programmable via Bootmapperclient, does it mean that I can just remap anything I want in the program and...that's it? No flashing required and all that stuff?

Would really appreciate an answer so I can stop worrying about messing up something and bricking a nice keyboard!

You still need to flash, but definitely looks easier than some of the other options. Here ya go.

BootMapper Client download

How to use the Bootmapper Client

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 18:04:04 »

You still need to flash, but definitely looks easier than some of the other options. Here ya go.

From what I understand, I'll have to use BootMapper Client to customize the layout and everything, and then that will generate a .hex file, if I remember correctly. Now where do I go from that?

Thanks!
actualglacier on youtube

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 21:37:20 »
of coz it will be

Offline JDragon

« Reply #313 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 21:43:25 »
Did anyone else who switched to white get a revised invoice yet? jhoang I sent you a PM about revising my invoice, hope it didn't get lost.

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 22:16:33 »
Did anyone else who switched to white get a revised invoice yet? jhoang I sent you a PM about revising my invoice, hope it didn't get lost.
Dont.worry bro he had checked it .

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 22:27:54 »

Pretty sure he said though it does cost more for the microarc, he wouldn't change invoiced amounts for those who opted to white. He did us a very nice kindness, I believe! I may have misunderstood though, jhoang will have to confirm.

I haven't noticed the sheet update for the white cases yet, but it's all good, he's keeping track. :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 01:39:07 »

i need a revised invoice also

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 01:47:51 »

i need a revised invoice also

UPDATE: White (Plasma Mỉcro-arc Oxidation) will be updated soon. I just got sample from the factory. The cost of white color is a bit more expensive than others. But We will not increase the price this time. It will be limited to 18. FCFS.
Please PM me if you want to get White (a bit of grey) color. For white color, you need to change/buy more TOP AND BOTTOM. Cannot change/buy more top or bottom separately.

Not sure if this might have changed and I missed it, but I think we are all set on the plasma microarc. Jhoang is the man and did us all a freaking awesome kindness.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Thanks again for doing this gorgeous color and allowing all the updates/ changes jhoang!  :)

Offline JDragon

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 02:26:46 »
jhoang told me no changes necessary to my invoice and he will update the Google sheet later. I've paid my invoice and I think anyone else who ordered white should be safe to do so (unless other changes are being made).

Offline ak_xf1re

• Daydreamer
« Reply #319 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 04:45:51 »
Hey jhoang,

Hope you're alright and not swamped by all the PM, I've sent you a few PM about adding another custom text name plates.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 21:24:28 »
Just paid my invoice! Thanks for putting up with all of my PMs and order modifications/changes, jhoang!

Offline alveeno

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 14:53:49 »
Hey Jhoang, I've sent you a pm a few days ago as well. Hope you're not too flooded with pm's

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
« Reply #322 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 06:24:56 »
Hey guys,

I'm so sorry for late replies. I was so busy on these days. I just got home from my close friend's wedding.  :p
I will read all your PMs and update your orders tonight. (ICT time)

The deadline for payments is Mar 05 (PST time).
But I set the deadline for the invoices as Mar 06.
No worries.
If you have any question, you can PM me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 March 2017, 06:34:17 by jhoang »

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 18:20:34 »

From what I understand, I'll have to use BootMapper Client to customize the layout and everything, and then that will generate a .hex file, if I remember correctly. Now where do I go from that?

Thanks!

Once you have the firmware flashed and uploaded the first time (not sure if factory will do this or not), the bootmapper can allow you to edit the keycodes on the matrix.  All you have to do is press upload, and the new layout is saved. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #324 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 19:21:44 »

Thanks!

Once you have the firmware flashed and uploaded the first time (not sure if factory will do this or not), the bootmapper can allow you to edit the keycodes on the matrix.  All you have to do is press upload, and the new layout is saved.

I've asked around a bit and everyone has pointed me to Atmel Flip (to flash the firmware). I'm assuming this board will come preflashed, if so does that mean it'll only require me to mess around in bootmapper to change the layout? And if it doesn't come preflashed, I'll have to flash the .hex file myself, including the firmware from http://blog.winkeyless.kr/153 , right?

I'm guessing it's hard to tell for now because no one knows if the pcb will be using atmega32a or atmega32u4.

Sorry for the newbie questions!
actualglacier on youtube

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #325 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 19:25:22 »
Usually that's the case: there's preloaded firmware with some starter configuration.  Then you modify the keymap if you want something different and re-flash that.  Otherwise it should work like a regular TKL keyboard out of the box, for typing purposes.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #326 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 20:04:37 »
Usually that's the case: there's preloaded firmware with some starter configuration.  Then you modify the keymap if you want something different and re-flash that.  Otherwise it should work like a regular TKL keyboard out of the box, for typing purposes.

I only want to change the ctrl and backspace and some other keys just to make it similar to the HHKB layout, so I'll have to flash it with Flip every time I want to change the layout right? What about the LEDs? Can they be controlled in bootmapper only?
actualglacier on youtube

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #327 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 21:04:17 »

Thanks!

I've asked around a bit and everyone has pointed me to Atmel Flip (to flash the firmware). I'm assuming this board will come preflashed, if so does that mean it'll only require me to mess around in bootmapper to change the layout? And if it doesn't come preflashed, I'll have to flash the .hex file myself, including the firmware from http://blog.winkeyless.kr/153 , right?

I'm guessing it's hard to tell for now because no one knows if the pcb will be using atmega32a or atmega32u4.

Sorry for the newbie questions!

No, that's the process for boards running a TMK or derrivative firmware.

PS2AVRGB (What this board runs) has a configuration program (BootMapper Client) which works much more like commercial programmable keyboard config software from Corsair or Logitech in that you can update your keymapping without any extreme measures or knowledge of programming etc.

Technically, BootMapper is "flashing" the new keymap over but it's nowhere near a full flash.

Offline nevaenuf

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 10:17:17 »
jhoang I sent PM for a couple of changes and paid invoice.

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
Re: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - INVOICING - LAST DAY FOR PAYMENTS
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 17:41:13 »
LAST UPDATE:
  • I have updated all your orders and invoices as your PMs. I have also replied all your PMs. Please check your orders again. Please correct (PM) me if I am mistaken.
  • Updating...

Offline Aox

« Reply #330 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 15:23:35 »
How about the assembly invoices?  Should we expect those soon?

-Aox

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
« Reply #331 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 19:14:15 »
How about the assembly invoices?  Should we expect those soon?

-Aox

Yea. I will update assembly options for each order today.
I will let you guys update your assembly orders in 3-4. Then I will calculate the prices and send out invoices.  :thumb:

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #332 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 20:27:41 »
paid.
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline balotelli00

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 01:00:51 »
Can I have the form to change my assembly option please.. :D

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 01:07:23 »
Can I have the form to change my assembly option please.. :D

Yea.
I will update it soon.
I will let you guys update assembly options in some days.  :thumb:

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 03:18:12 »
Alright, so I got bored and spent some time in Photoshop because I was curious to see how different color combos would actually look like.

Not 100% accurate of course, but this was the best I could do based off the color chart given here : http://imgur.com/fH16GqD
More

I sliiiightly regret not getting the blue case now.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 March 2017, 03:24:29 by notglacier »
actualglacier on youtube

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 03:28:06 »
Alright, so I got bored and spent some time in Photoshop because I was curious to see how different color combos would actually look like.

Not 100% accurate of course, but this was the best I could do based off the color chart given here : http://imgur.com/fH16GqD
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Haha very nice!

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 03:31:36 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

SO COOL!!!!!!  :p

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 07:10:01 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice job with the photoshop! I'm surprised you didn't do the white one.

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 08:33:13 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I tried!
actualglacier on youtube

Offline YH YOON

Re: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 10:23:36 »
I am looking forward to the beginning of April!!    :thumb: :thumb:

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
« Reply #341 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 10:32:51 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I tried!

It looks really nice!  :thumb:

I am looking forward to the beginning of April!!    :thumb: :thumb:

:p

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 10:40:24 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I've made a bunch of those too when trying to create my colors.  Except in every case it was not quite accurate, and it wasn't easy doing something like Rose Gold, so I gave up.  I like your purple rendition and gray-purple.  Gray-purple seems like a recently popular combination with some other boards, and it's grown on me.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 18:34:45 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I tried!

Looks a bit more like light gold to me, but it's definitely making me want the white color!

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 18:53:16 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I tried!

Looks a bit more like light gold to me, but it's definitely making me want the white color!

Better? Haha!
actualglacier on youtube

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #346 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 20:15:38 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I tried!

Show Image

Better? Haha!

Haha, yea. I wish my photoshop skills were this good!

Offline Faux

« Reply #347 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 22:28:27 »
Hey Jhoang,

My order still shows up as silver when I was one of the first people to swap to white. Could you update the form?

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
« Reply #348 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:59:27 »
White here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83530.msg2378496#msg2378496

This is actually silver color.  :p
I have this one also.
White (microarc oxidation) is a bit of grey.  ;D

Offline jhoang

• Matrix Lover
« Reply #349 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:59:51 »
Hey Jhoang,

My order still shows up as silver when I was one of the first people to swap to white. Could you update the form?

Let me check and update the speadsheet.  :p