Author Topic: Post your life any pictures !  (Read 626492 times)

Offline iri

Re: Post your life any pictures !
« Reply #1600 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 11:05:48 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #1601 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 11:44:02 »
Made this Papa Legba almost from scratch. It's mascot for my car. :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1602 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 22:47:17 »
Show Image

Only a European would have such formal arrangements in such an informal setting :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1603 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 00:47:26 »
Show Image

Christmas 2009, wearing the scarf my sister knit me.  One of the last pictures I think that was ever taken with my family's cat.  The cat, Katie, had been with us since 1986 and would live until the summer of 2011.  Coming up on 4 years without ma kitty  :'(
Awwww, what a great pic Binge.  As one cat lover to another, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I recently went through the death of a pet(my dog in this case), and know how hard it can be, there's not a day that goes by where I don't think about her.  I'm sure you have lots of good memories to help ease the pain. :)

Only the best memories.

25 year old cat? That is seriously impressive!

She was amazing even in her old age.

Show Image

Christmas 2009, wearing the scarf my sister knit me.  One of the last pictures I think that was ever taken with my family's cat.  The cat, Katie, had been with us since 1986 and would live until the summer of 2011.  Coming up on 4 years without ma kitty  :'(
I knew you were a scarf guy

So did your mother when she bought me a nice scarf.  On our date.

Show Image

God ****ing damnit asian batman you aren't asian.

From the waist down.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Axollott

« Reply #1604 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 01:49:11 »
I'm tasting this newly launched Mexican macro beer. Supposed to be a Pilsner. It's just mild, with hints of green bell pepper. Meh. Won't think I'll ever buy it again but it's cheap (1 usd) but for that price Heineken is way better.

Offline tbc

« Reply #1605 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 23:20:12 »
97675-0

random condemned house i found on the way home :D

#vancouver
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1606 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 00:45:25 »
There's been a police helicopter fluttering nearly overhead for the last half hour or so.

97743-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #1607 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 06:26:15 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Post your life any pictures !
« Reply #1608 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 07:29:34 »
Made this Papa Legba almost from scratch. It's mascot for my car. :))

Show Image

Dude I ain't gonna lie that creeps me out hardcore. Are you into Voodoo?

Edit: and pls pardon my ignorance if that has nothing to do with voodoo.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 April 2015, 07:32:00 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1609 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 21:20:57 »
Anddddd another macross picture because I can't help it lol.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2015, 21:37:00 by Lastpilot »

Offline iri

« Reply #1610 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 08:07:49 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1611 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 05:57:58 »
Show Image

You see many coast.  Did you experience much coast before you left your previous country?

Offline iri

« Reply #1612 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 07:46:22 »
saw many coast, a lot sea in the previous country:

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1613 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 08:29:50 »
Show Image

Blonde Leffe is best Leffe.
Probably my favorite beer atm.. though it's not something to drink too often or too quickly.

Offline iri

« Reply #1614 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 11:41:55 »
do you not like my picture because there's leffe brun there?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #1615 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 17:23:54 »
here's the results from my 'photowalk' today in Runcorn, England

DSCF0746-1 by oscillik, on Flickr
DSCF0769-2 by oscillik, on Flickr
DSCF0771-3 by oscillik, on Flickr
DSCF0775-4 by oscillik, on Flickr
DSCF0790-7 by oscillik, on Flickr
DSCF0792-8 by oscillik, on Flickr
DSCF0793-9 by oscillik, on Flickr
DSCF0798-10 by oscillik, on Flickr
2015-04-23 05.07.20 1 by oscillik, on Flickr
2015-04-23 05.07.18 1 by oscillik, on Flickr
2015-04-23 05.07.27 1 by oscillik, on Flickr
2015-04-23 05.07.25 1 by oscillik, on Flickr
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline Axollott

« Reply #1616 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 23:39:12 »

Just a relaxing Park.

Offline iri

« Reply #1617 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 05:01:31 »
welsh straightforwardness.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1618 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 06:03:25 »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1619 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 06:03:29 »
welsh straightforwardness.

Show Image

Singlefiledness too, by the look of it!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1620 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:08:54 »

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

some cool pics, you at college?

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #1621 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:46:16 »
Show Image

LOVE this :D

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

some cool pics, you at college?

thank you! nope not in college, just starting out with photography by myself. I've got lots to learn, but I'm pleased with my pictures so far. Only had the camera for a couple of weeks or so.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1622 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:55:01 »
I love industrial concrete buildings or structures and I like the way you captured the ones you snapped

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #1623 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:56:53 »
I love industrial concrete buildings or structures and I like the way you captured the ones you snapped

indeed! I have a thing for Brutalist architecture, so where there's harsh concrete structures, I'll take some snaps. Can't get enough Brutalism!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1624 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 22:45:52 »
my work's cafeteria has a large chalkboard, and i noticed something a little off.  can you see what it is?

don't see it?  spoilers:
More
enhance!

haha someone must have gotten onto a chair and drew him way up there so people wouldn't notice.

i don't know what the square box guy is.  box****?
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1625 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 22:49:35 »

Storm moving in, from this past Saturday.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #1626 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 22:51:48 »

my work's cafeteria has a large chalkboard, and i noticed something a little off.  can you see what it is?

Show Image

don't see it?  spoilers:
More
enhance!

Show Image

haha someone must have gotten onto a chair and drew him way up there so people wouldn't notice.

C:/dos run. Quite clever imo.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1627 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 22:53:18 »

Show Image

don't see it?  spoilers:
More
enhance!

Show Image

Man, that's really considerate of your cafeteria, not all cafeterias would like to hear ****butt from you.  :thumb:
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1628 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 05:59:13 »
Show Image

Do you live on a farm now?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1629 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 06:01:24 »
Show Image

That's the old place, we just moved farther back, but we're still surrounded by cows.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1630 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 06:22:43 »
Show Image

That's the old place, we just moved farther back, but we're still surrounded by cows.

Is that quieter or noisier than living in a neighbourhood populated by people?  I'm guessing it could go either way depending on the nocturnal habits of cows (was it Tym that posted an unusual story about a cow that really made me think I'd been underestimating them for years), but I'd probably lean towards it being quieter?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1631 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 06:25:43 »
Show Image

Is that quieter or noisier than living in a neighbourhood populated by people?  I'm guessing it could go either way depending on the nocturnal habits of cows (was it Tym that posted an unusual story about a cow that really made me think I'd been underestimating them for years), but I'd probably lean towards it being quieter?
Overall it's quieter but yes cows can get a little out of control occasionally. :D

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #1632 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:41:53 »
It has been purchased. Can't wait to break something.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1633 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:49:18 »
Went to an ultra high mileage event. Some of them got 400+ miles per gallon.....

I was going to leave my 55-210mm at home, but it was pretty much the only lens I used after seeing how useless the 16-50mm was in the first couple of laps. It was nice practice with the lens and tracking moving objects.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1634 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 22:06:45 »
Show Image

Overall it's quieter but yes cows can get a little out of control occasionally. :D
Ray, let's go cow tipping!  ;D That'll keep them in line!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1635 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 22:10:38 »
****ed up my shifters today  :'( :'(

Totally unrelated, but I finally managed to get a Senjougahara figure. I first saw this figure last year in one of b7ad's pictures on his blog, and I've wanted to get one since.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1636 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 22:27:25 »
Show Image

Totally unrelated, but I finally managed to get a Senjougahara figure. I first saw this figure last year in one of b7ad's pictures on his blog, and I've wanted to get one since.
Show Image

Never good when you scratch a nice bike part!  :(  My shifters are all scratched too! What bike is that on?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1637 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 23:10:54 »
Show Image

Show Image

Never good when you scratch a nice bike part!  :(  My shifters are all scratched too! What bike is that on?

It's a CX bike

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1638 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 23:18:54 »
My friend Eric has a late 70s Polaroid camera and took this of my friend Hunter and I (I'm in the red sweater). I thought it was pretty cool.

99299-0
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1639 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 23:32:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

It's a CX bike

Show Image

That is a nice bike! Nice specs.. I love those wheels, always build them up for customers!

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1640 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 10:55:20 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2020, 21:36:08 by billnye »

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1641 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 11:17:12 »
Prahm

Show Image

Show Image

Stahp. 2 coot.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1642 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 11:51:32 »
Prahm

Show Image

Show Image

"it's mom or gf?"
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1643 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 12:41:42 »

Prahm

Show Image

Show Image

Which one's the model?

:-* :-* :-*

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1644 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 12:42:36 »

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #1645 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 13:19:05 »
one of the many bus-stations I have to stand waiting outside of

DSCF0863-1 by oscillik, on Flickr

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1646 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 13:36:48 »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline iri

« Reply #1647 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 08:49:47 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1648 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 14:27:05 »
Doesn't get much more alive,

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline iri

« Reply #1649 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 15:12:40 »

-Ray Bradbury