Author Topic: [IC] Sin65 by Wind Studio  (Read 6095 times)

Offline windlabs

[IC] Sin65 by Wind Studio
« on: Tue, 08 August 2023, 01:18:50 »
Hello,we are wind studio.Following our X98, X,Z75 series,today we bring you a new 65% new keyboard.There are so many 65% keyboard on the market,
this keyboard has gone through several months of design conception, proofing and testing,we didn't announce the IC until now,we hope to bring you more
brilliant products,you can remember it at a glance.

Feature:
  • Separates the ESC key from the main key area, effectively reducing the risk of accidental touch.
  • The curved surface CNC of side case is convenient to move and give finger warm place.
  • Cornered edges on the black PVD weight,make color more vision.
  • Top gasket ,PCB gasket mount(support plateless)

一.Design & Appearance
Source of inspiration - The name of this design is sin65. Speaking of sin, everyone is familiar with it. The Sinx formula Graph has been used in our
mathematics learning throughout our school days. The image of the sinx formula Graph is a beautiful wavy curve, Centered on the origin of
the X-axis and Y-axis,it extends upwards and downwards, forming a wavy shape that resembles peaks and valleys. Speaking of this,
if you haven't been in touch with friends who forgot the sin formula for a long time, the image of the function will definitely appear in your mind,
oh, it turned out to be this, remember it.

In this sin65 keyboard kit, we integrated the element of sinx formula graph into the back bottom case, and drew a sinx graph with
a quarter-five-period cycle from the protruding circular area of the bottom case, and extended out to the right rectangle area engraved
with the name of this kit, shows the characteristic of the sinX formula infinitely oscillating along the X axis.

SinX graph with a quarter-five-period cycle from the protruding circular area of the bottom case, with the rectangle area engraved with sin(this keyboard name).
This color of the “Lollipop” area will be at the same bottom case,match with black weight,more contrast and color vision.
Besides, the weight design of the bottom case also incorporates the elements of the wavy curve of the sin graph into it.
With the center as the origin, there are circles of ripples, which appear one after another on the outer diamond-shaped contrasting weights.
The center is sharp and dynamic, and then gradually disappears at the edge.

The front is also processed by curved surface CNC, and the side case are designed with grooves that gradually narrow from the top to the bottom.
It is convenient for users to move the sin65keyboard kit,at the same time, it also gives a warm home to the little finger who has nowhere to rest
in his spare time. Separates the ESC key from the main key area, effectively reducing the risk of accidental touch.

二.Structure
  • Size: 33.6*12*3.35cm
  • 7°Typing angle
  • Top gasket ,PCB gasket mont(support plateless)

PCB
Non flex-cut pcb,1.6mm.Also draw sinx formula Graph onto pcb,vision sense of mathematics and technology.
Hotswap pcb also support stepped caps keycap and 7U, only need to reverse switches than can achieve.Wired hotswap,soldered or
bluetooth hotswap pcb available,wired pcb support on VIAL and VIA at the same time,bluetooth pcb support
on LDN(with 4400mah battery)

Plate
Provide both 1.5mm pc and alu plate, support top gasket and pcb mount gasket, bring totally different sound, make your custom
 keyboard fun. PCB mount gasket,you can use plate or no plate according to your favorite.

Foam kit:
1mm Poron+2mm hotswap pcb+IXPE sheet+3.5mm poron foam kit.

三.Case
Material:6063alu
Color:
Black, grey 445C,orange 1655C (6063Alu,anodized)
Off-white,Green 317C(6063Alu, cataphoresis)
Semitransparent(composite)

四.Sale information
  • Price:Wired $288,Bluetooth $308
  • GB time: Estimate on 19th Sep to 19th Oct (There will be some little limited quantity instock on our website before GB sale)
  • GB payment: On our vendor list
  • Shipping time: 3-6 months for GB sale, 1-2 weeks for instock sale
  • Extra price:
    Wired pcb:$25
    Bluetooth pcb:$40
    Soldered pcb:$25
    Foam kit:$10
    PC plate:$15
    Alu plate:$15
  • Package include(Top case+Bottom case+two plates+foam kit+weight+accessories)

Our website: https://windstudio.store/products/wind-sin65
There will be more review videos,welcome our discord and discuss anything!
https://discord.gg/VEWAzhW2Z7

Offline Burt888

Re: [IC] Sin65 by Wind Studio
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 04:09:33 »
as 65 enjoyer i would like to highlight that split backspace possibility should be the norm on every hotswap pcb in 2023, there are many budget boards available who are also able to include iso into the HS, so i really dont see a point not including Split BS on a mid range price board

Offline TypeBis

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 04:26:03 »
looks great, but I second the comment about split BS in hotswap pcb

Offline thesky

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 08:32:01 »
The translucent option looks very good to me. Hoping we'll get a look at a prototype of it in a review video before groupbuy. Any chance that a brass plate could be made available? I think the two would pair well.

I would also like to suggest split backspace being added to the hotswap PCB. As you know, there are numerous 65% boards on the market right now, and I feel that having this layout option available to hotswap builders helps put the board in better standing when comparing it to the rest.

Offline windlabs

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 21:10:54 »
The translucent option looks very good to me. Hoping we'll get a look at a prototype of it in a review video before groupbuy. Any chance that a brass plate could be made available? I think the two would pair well.

I would also like to suggest split backspace being added to the hotswap PCB. As you know, there are numerous 65% boards on the market right now, and I feel that having this layout option available to hotswap builders helps put the board in better standing when comparing it to the rest.

Yeah, there will be review videos next month. We can provide plate file if you want to make brass plate^-^
We will consider split backspace for hotswap PCB at GB.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Offline gwcfree

• Onion Has Eeyo
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 August 2023, 01:13:30 »
I'm afraid of the ESC Key offset  :-\

Offline Robert.Lussier5

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 10 August 2023, 21:35:11 »
+1 for split bs on hotswap, should 100% be the norm.
Austin R3 - Green // Austin R3 - Purple // Custom Acrylic Austin - Clear // Rekt1800 - Blue // Cypher r4 - Black // Boston - Sparkle Black // Balance - White // Glitch - Green // Shelby80 - Navy // Odin - Silver // Zoom65  Red // QK65 - Black // Link65 - Lilac

Offline garynguyen

• Tap hoa Phim
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 10 August 2023, 23:08:44 »
are the sound different between hotswap and solder versions? I did a hotswap 3 modes version for Z75 and should I try the solder version for sin65
AMD 5600X - RX 6600XT

Ducky One 2, Leopold 900RBT
Keychron Q2, Enter67, Tofu65, Sunset80, Wind Z75

Offline windlabs

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 13 August 2023, 20:21:54 »
as 65 enjoyer i would like to highlight that split backspace possibility should be the norm on every hotswap pcb in 2023, there are many budget boards available who are also able to include iso into the HS, so i really dont see a point not including Split BS on a mid range price board

Thanks for your suggestion.
We will consider split backspace at GB sale.