Author Topic: [GB]Tilted40 - A Reversible 5˚ 40% - GB  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Swishy

[GB]Tilted40 - A Reversible 5˚ 40% - GB
« on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 03:07:05 »
Tilted40
a reversible 5˚angle double column 40%
Swishy X Createkeebs

A board inspired by older keyboards with the Large “foreheads” and adding a mixture of curiosity

Why is it different from other boards: For it to be a reversible angle you have to over come the “issue” that if you put the USB C on the bottom of the case the port would have to face you, which is less than ideal. The solution is rather simple, just put the port on top of the case. Typically there isn’t enough room for that but because the Tilted40 rocks the Kickbutt buttowski headgear there is more than enough room.

PCB: will be solder only and will be QMK and Via supported

Vendor: Createkeebs

When: June 15 til July 15 or until we hit 100

Price:
Main kit: $250
extras:
Top Case: $120
Bottom Case: $60
Plates: $30 (Alu, Pom, Polycarb)
PCB: $50
total plus shipping

Lead time: 3 months

Layout

Protos:
More
I am currently only in possession of v1 protos, v2 are currently being made and should be done this upcoming week or the week after. With that being said v1 was a success in that it works, but that doesn’t mean things couldn’t be improved. Some changes made between v1 and v2 is that I added more tabs on the plate because the polycarbonate plate had too much flex and was cause a rattle also changed the acoustic cuts quite a bit, lastly I moved the USB port to align with the left column.

Protos v1 photo attempts

Metal top Fr4 bottom my favorite combo sound wise

Renders:

ePBT Simple Hangul - live

Domikey Minty Fresh

[/size][/b]

Thanks
Snomo - for helping me figure out fusion
Misono - for doing the pcb
Illusion - for helping me fix issues and making the via/QMK software
You - for being awesome
Abbb - Createkeebs helped me with getting proto of both PCB and metal version of board and will be running the metal version. Helped me find and fix minor errors
Shout out to my homies in the 40% community I have a channel for this project that I try to update as much as possible if you wanna get constant updates 40% discord time to up your game by accepting the one true form factor.

You can also follow all my personal updates on my discord and instagram
Discord
Instagram
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 August 2022, 15:32:39 by Swishy »