geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] (Closed) Acrylic Keyboard Covers in Full-Size, 60%, and TKL

(1/5) > >>

Den441:
****Update 10-14 - GB canceled due to lack of orders (Orders Closed, Refunds Issued)***

Prices: 60%: $16.00, TKL: $16.00, Full-Size: $18.00

Cover Dimensions (If you have questions about the fit of your keyboard, please refer to these dimensions)

60% Size: 30.1cm x 12 cm x 4.5cm   (11.85in x 4.72in x 1.77in)

TKL Size:  37.5cm x 15cm x 4.5cm    (14.76in x 5.91in x 1.77in)

Full-Size:  49cm  x  23cm  x 5.5cm    (19.29in x 9.06in x 2.17in)

Acrylic Thickness: 5mm

Shipping
US customers: $7.00 USPS Priority w/ tracking
International:   $22.00 International First-Class Package
(Due to the size and fragile nature of the product, If you order more than 5 covers the shipping fee will be higher.)

How to Order
To order one of the available covers please fill out the form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OIoZJJQGkZx3NRoSG7CIaY10ZP8yVgs8xdhjpqtKzCw/viewform?usp=send_form

You can choose the sizes and quantity you would like. Leave the box blank if you want zero quantity of a certain size. Method of payment is Paypal, and you will get an invoice from me after filling out the form with your PP address. Please be prepared to pay your invoice as soon as possible to confirm your slot reservation.

The form will close on 10-14-2015 at 4pm EST, and orders for this GB will be closed. The MOQ on these is 105 covers. If we can get at least around 20 orders, I will buy the remaining covers to hit MOQ and start production. After the GB orders have been delivered, I will put the remaining covers I ordered up for sale in my own store(http://battlestation.io), so if you would like to order one at a later date, you will be able to find some there. The price there will be a couple dollars more expensive to give incentive to participate in the group buy so we can get at least 20 orders to get it made. If we fail to hit around 20 orders, this GB will be canceled and those who have paid we be refunded immediately.

Uses

These covers would be great not only for protecting your primary keyboard, but also great for keeping your other keyboards on display and out of a dark box or closet. I think it is preferable to keep something you worked hard on or spent money on out in the open and on display! I will be setting up my own keyboard display table near my desk to keep my boards on display and available for quick change outs. This wasn't possible before without the covers because I don't want them getting dusty by having them exposed in the open. You could also customize these by putting stickers on them. Redbubble.com has a lot of great custom stickers available for many different interests and those would look great on these.

Availability

In this GB, there will be 50 60% covers available, 40 TKL covers available, and 10 Full-Size Covers available.

Design

We will be using this design for the covers in this GB. The actual cover will be thicker and may be a couple cms wider and longer. These pics are an example of the Full-Size.

This is a cover that is meant is sit over the entire keyboard, not just the keys. The sides are open and there is a cable slot in the back to allow your cable to pass-through. The slots on the 60% and Full-Size are extra long to accommodate for different cable positions. The slot on the TKL is similar, but not as long since most TKL keyboards have their cables located near the center. These covers are also about 1 cm shorter in the front which gives the cover an angled, sloping appearance. These covers are also thicker than what is already out there which makes them feel a bit more solid and of higher quality. Their general purpose is to act as a display case and protect your keyboard from dust when not in use.

Fine Print
Delays may occur if the covers do not meet my exact spec or if a lot of covers get broken during shipping to me from the manufacturer. Should the cover break during shipping from me to you, I can offer a replacement if available or a refund minus the shipping charge. If you request a replacement, you would have to pay for the shipping charge via Paypal. I generally won't accept refund requests after production has started and before you have received your order; however, you will be allowed to transfer your order to someone else if you like.

Time frame
These will go into production when the GB ordering period ends on 10-14 given we reach around 20 orders. I expect production will conclude around the first week of November. I should get them about a week after that. Please allow me a couple weeks to pack them carefully and ship them. If everything goes smoothly, you can expect your order in your mailbox in the first part of December. Should anything happen that throws off that time-line, I will post in this thread and update the OP.

cryptowillem:
The shipping info is really hard to read on the default GH black and orange theme. Could you please change the color of that text?

sncbraxsc2:
I'll be in for 1 or 2 TKL covers by the 9th

Thank you for following through with this GB, I hope it goes well! I can't tell you how many times my make-shift version of this cover has prevented a potentially fatal spill

romevi:
Ordered one of each, but depending on a project I'm working on this week that may change to 2 total.

KaminKevCrew:
Ordered a 60% cover. Looks like my pok3r is going to be well taken care of, right when I get it :D thanks for the awesome GB!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version