3 (1.7%)
odifier kit ...... $18
20 (11.3%)
umeric kit ...... $10
13 (7.3%)
unction kit .... $10
20 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: Double shot replacements ROUND THREE!  (Read 67539 times)

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
Double shot replacements ROUND THREE!
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 20 December 2010, 16:10:47 »
Quote from: theferenc;266376
OK, valid point. But I've yet to see any UNIX like OS that didn't have meta mapped to alt.

Windows is still super though :-P.

My system is set up such that there are Contol, Meta, Super, Hyper and Alt.
(along with Shift, Num Lock and Caps Lock; makes 8 which is the maximum for X11)

I made Emacs distinguish the left and right versions of those modifiers.

The idea is to avoid pressing 2 or more modifiers at a time.

And yes, I know it's overkill!

Hey, this is GeekHack, isn't it?

PS: This is half of the reason why I started Round THREE.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 December 2010, 16:16:52 by 7bit »
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline theferenc

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 20 December 2010, 16:23:58 »
I'd be interested in seeing your xmodmad and emacs init files, if you wouldn't mind sharing.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline wuzle

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 20 December 2010, 16:35:17 »
Thanks for the warm welcome. Quick question, I am assuming that the extra caps lock and control keys are so you can switch them? ie move the the left control key to the left of 'A'. Then move the caps lock to the left-control position.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 20 December 2010, 16:43:25 »
Quote from: wuzle;266402
Thanks for the warm welcome. Quick question, I am assuming that the extra caps lock and control keys are so you can switch them? ie move the the left control key to the left of 'A'. Then move the caps lock to the left-control position.

No.

These alternate Caps and Control keys are for one and the same key position on 2 different styles of keyboards with Cherry-switches.

There exits keyboards (mainly Cherry) which have a stepped Caps Lock key which is mounted to an off-center key stem (ie the switch). Filco and Ducky for instance have a centered key stem and no step in the Caps Lock key.

Furthermore, at the Caps Lock position there is Control on many UNIX keyboards (mainly Sun layout), so people from the UNIX world don't like to have Caps where Control ought to be.

There exist other employments for that key position which you will find in both (stepped and unstepped) versions in the Modifier kit.

If you own a non-US-layout board (ie ISO-layout) then left shift and bottom-row modifiers are interchangeble (given these have 1 1/4 size of a normal key).

ps: I see now, there is no Caps Lock for bottom row in the Modifier kit.

Does anybody need that?
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 December 2010, 16:46:02 by 7bit »

Offline theferenc

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 20 December 2010, 18:25:20 »
I certainly don't need it. But if I could get a control key in the profile of the caps lock key, that would be awesome. Since I'm one of those UNIX beard types, and I ALWAYS remap caps lock to control. So a key there that actually says control would be brilliant.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

Offline porkbone

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 20 December 2010, 18:40:10 »
I'm not even sure what we're talking about.  But I saw some round 2 thread, and the round 3 thread, then another offshoot round 3 thread, and I see some cool pictures of orange keys and some suggestions for other cool things, and I wanted to be cool too so here I am.  

Actually I really like the multi-color scheme with the old skool centered lettering, etc.. so I answered the poll for a standard set and a gaming set I think.  btw orange is cool and not just on Halloween.

Can someone wake me up when it's actually time to pay for something?

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 03:29:33 »
Quote from: theferenc;266447
I certainly don't need it. But if I could get a control key in the profile of the caps lock key, that would be awesome. Since I'm one of those UNIX beard types, and I ALWAYS remap caps lock to control. So a key there that actually says control would be brilliant.

Control is part of the Standard set in both versions!

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 03:34:44 »
Quote from: porkbone;266452
I'm not even sure what we're talking about.  But I saw some round 2 thread, and the round 3 thread, then another offshoot round 3 thread, and I see some cool pictures of orange keys and some suggestions for other cool things, and I wanted to be cool too so here I am.  

Actually I really like the multi-color scheme with the old skool centered lettering, etc.. so I answered the poll for a standard set and a gaming set I think.  btw orange is cool and not just on Halloween.

Can someone wake me up when it's actually time to pay for something?

Tell me your address and I will have you woken up in time.

What do you prefer:

130dB siren or ice-cold water-splash?
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2010, 04:45:55 by 7bit »

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 03:52:56 »
Requesting "retro" sized ctrl/alt keys to be included in either the pos or modifier set. This will instantly make the set compatible with all vintage boards without winkeys and also some modern boards that use the wider ctrl/alt keys such as the black widow, ione boards, scorpius m10, etc.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 04:45:29 »
Quote from: sixty;266618
Requesting "retro" sized ctrl/alt keys to be included in either the pos or modifier set. This will instantly make the set compatible with all vintage boards without winkeys and also some modern boards that use the wider ctrl/alt keys such as the black widow, ione boards, scorpius m10, etc.

These are already on my list of questions to nerve-kill Mrs. Signature with.

Edit: Nonsense! I already ask and got a response on these 1 1/2 sized bottom-row keys!

2xCONTROL, 2xALT, SUPER, HYPER, META and CAPS LOCK
will cost $10 per set (25 sets to be produced) maximum.

I will add this as an extra in the next poll.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2010, 05:08:23 by 7bit »

Offline wuzle

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 06:35:26 »
Quote from: 7bit;266627
These are already on my list of questions to nerve-kill Mrs. Signature with.

Edit: Nonsense! I already ask and got a response on these 1 1/2 sized bottom-row keys!

2xCONTROL, 2xALT, SUPER, HYPER, META and CAPS LOCK
will cost $10 per set (25 sets to be produced) maximum.

I will add this as an extra in the next poll.

Forgive my newness, I am still learning the geekhack lingo. But, can I switch the caps-lock and left control with this new proposed set?

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 06:53:58 »
Quote from: wuzle;266640
Forgive my newness, I am still learning the geekhack lingo. But, can I switch the caps-lock and left control with this new proposed set?

Depends on your keybaord. If your bottom-row modifier keys are 1.5 the width of your normal A-Z-keys it will fit. These keys are for older boards without the Windows or Super keys (between Alt and Control).

Currently there is no Caps Lock for bottom-row keys of 1.25 times the width of normal A-Z-keys.

If you need it, I may add it to the modifier kit.

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 07:50:56 »
Heya,

I just voted for the orange Gamer set, very happy u included "more stuff" in it, I will defo order 2 of em.

Now:

I don't intend to cramp your style as you are obviously doing a fine job organizing my good sir. But dare I suggest to make 1 final poll on suggestions (I read about a blank orange set) and then start taking orders? Or at least ask iMav to be so kind and make the polls that belong to this order sticky for a while until we are through with the order. Because already with 2 threads it starts getting confusing. And I understand we need to give it some time so everyone has a chance to read, vote and order. But waiting too long can also have a negative effect. As of now (like I said) I feel you are setting a perfect pace. Just wanna suggest not to get off track and go through with it some time soon.

Cheers,

Senor_Cartmenez

/Edit
also: the wish for an Awesome-Face key was mentioned. Geekhack keys are already in the main set. I remember in the Round Two thread a trollface key was mentioned.

Would a generall novelty key-kit be a feasible thing?

With awesome-face, geekhack, troll-face, the AscII eyes, windings keyboard
we would already have five. I am sure we could come up with 5 more without a problem (I for example would still suggest a "42" key :p ). Put 2 of each in the kit, makes it a 20 key kit. Possible?
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2010, 07:58:28 by Senor_Cartmenez »

Offline wuzle

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 08:39:27 »
Quote from: Senor_Cartmenez;266651

also: the wish for an Awesome-Face key was mentioned. Geekhack keys are already in the main set. I remember in the Round Two thread a trollface key was mentioned.

Would a generall novelty key-kit be a feasible thing?

With awesome-face, geekhack, troll-face, the AscII eyes, windings keyboard
we would already have five. I am sure we could come up with 5 more without a problem (I for example would still suggest a "42" key :p ). Put 2 of each in the kit, makes it a 20 key kit. Possible?

A GNU/Linux penguin key (to replace the windows key)? Or am I pushing my luck with these linux requests? :-)

Also, could you put me down for a colemak and dvorak set. I can't re-vote on the poll to add them. I have always wanted to experiment with alternative layouts and this seems like a good chance.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 09:16:45 »
Quote from: wuzle;266668
A GNU/Linux penguin key (to replace the windows key)? Or am I pushing my luck with these linux requests? :-)

Also, could you put me down for a colemak and dvorak set. I can't re-vote on the poll to add them. I have always wanted to experiment with alternative layouts and this seems like a good chance.

If you want something like that, then draw it with all measures necessary to make it. I received some requests for those (toy/fun)-keys, but nobody cared to give me some sample or drawing which I could show to Signature Plastics, to ask for prices or to check out if theses are doable at all.

I'm not into these 'picures on keys'. The only thing I can do, is forward your request to SP and include it into the next poll.

Apropos poll:
iMav tried to give me some poll-tools which did not yet work thec way we expected. We will try out, what could be done. I have some solution in mind, but it will take some few days.

ps: the 42 key is the easiest to be done. Also the cheapest. Just choose color, find 25 folks at minimum to order it, and it will cost a few cents.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2010, 09:19:04 by 7bit »

Offline steeef

« Reply #165 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 09:17:55 »
The more suggestions 7bit considers the longer it'll take to finalize options. This is why round two ended up being a huge thread full of random requests and ideas. I like the options as they are now.
Cherry MX Blue: Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless. Cherry MX Black: TG3 KBA-BLTD-5RBUVS (Police Cruiser keyboard). Cherry MX Clear: KBC Poker (modded with Ergo Clears) Cherry MX Brown: Goldtouch GTC-077 USB numpad. Buckling Spring: IBM Model M 1391401 (1989-01-03 and 1991-11-21).

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 09:24:04 »
Quote from: steeef;266685
The more suggestions 7bit considers the longer it'll take to finalize options. This is why round two ended up being a huge thread full of random requests and ideas. I like the options as they are now.

Deadline to add to the wish-list is 31 December 2010.

If I did not get all questions answered from SP by then, it will be somewhere 15th Jan.

I plan on starting to take orderes within the 1st week of January. Once there are enough orders got paid, the hole batch will be ordered at SP.

ps: Up to this point, I can still keep track of everything.

No chaos here!!!

ps/2: I'm not a ponderously pondering panda;-)

Offline HungryPillow

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 09:25:40 »
How about white keys with blue WASD and arrows? Just throwing suggestions out there...
Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Filco Majestouch MX Blues | Corsair K70 RGB MX Browns | Ducky Shine 4 MX Clears / Browns | WhiteFox Aria MX Browns

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 09:46:41 »
Quote from: HungryPillow;266688
How about white keys with blue WASD and arrows? Just throwing suggestions out there...

At your service!

You did mean that, actually, didn't you?

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #169 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 10:32:16 »
Quote from: 7bit;266696
At your service!

Show Image

I can't but applaud for this post!

Fiting both arrows and W A S or D might be bit hard...
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Twitchy

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 10:55:31 »
I'd like a couple of 42 keys. Belgium man, if I sign up for any more keys this'll get expensive.
Stuff
Filco Majestouch FKBN88M/UKB2
Topre Realforce 91UBY
Razer Imperator + Razer Vespula[/COLOR]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 12:25:48 »
Quote from: Twitchy;266735
I'd like a couple of 42 keys. Belgium man, if I sign up for any more keys this'll get expensive.

Belgian layout?

I'll put it into the next poll. Could be added to the FR-kit.

Offline Twitchy

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 12:58:14 »
Quote from: Twitchy;266735
Quote from: 7bit;266778
Belgian layout?

I'll put it into the next poll. Could be added to the FR-kit.

No, don't!

"42" triggers deeply ingrained pavlovian responses in the form of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy references. For example "What? I don't understand." will almost always be followed by "Where's the tea?", as (according to Zaphod Beeblebrox) these phrases are all you'd have to program an electronic replacement for Arthur Dent's brain to say. "Who'd know the difference?". Anyway:

Belgium - see Censorship
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2010, 13:02:45 by Twitchy »
Stuff
Filco Majestouch FKBN88M/UKB2
Topre Realforce 91UBY
Razer Imperator + Razer Vespula[/COLOR]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 13:06:54 »
Quote from: Twitchy;266792
No, don't!

"42" triggers deeply ingrained pavlovian responses in the form of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy references. For example "What? I don't understand." will almost always be followed by "Where's the tea?", as (according to Zaphod Beeblebrox) these phrases are all you'd have to program an electronic replacement for Arthur Dent's brain to say. "Who'd know the difference?". Anyway:

Belgium - see Censorship

Now I get it. I knew you didn't mean Belgium actually, but I didn't know that book and the story behind.

Thanks for the info!

ps: do you want that WASD-4-arrows-key included by any chance?

Offline porkbone

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 14:43:11 »
Quote from: 7bit;266617
Tell me your address and I will have you woken up in time.

What do you prefer:

130dB siren or ice-cold water-splash?

I think the siren would work.  Ice cold water just pisses me off.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 15:32:51 »
Quote from: porkbone;266833
I think the siren would work.  Ice cold water just pisses me off.

OK, will be arranged!

PS: Bet he thinks of siren as in Greek mythology, and takes 130dB as a cup size.

Offline wap32

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 15:36:42 »
Not sure if it has been suggested, but I'd be interested in a modifier kit compatible with an MX-11800.
This would be a backspace-sized right Shift, Tab-sized Ctrl/Alt and bigger space bar.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 16:07:41 »
Quote from: wap32;266857
Not sure if it has been suggested, but I'd be interested in a modifier kit compatible with an MX-11800.
This would be a backspace-sized right Shift, Tab-sized Ctrl/Alt and bigger space bar.

Could you please measure your spacebar and the distance of the key mounts?

Please be careful when removing it and don't blame me if you break something!

A double sized shift will most presumably be possible and I will include it along with the 1 1/2 sized modifiers.

Any need in a PT-layout?

Offline shakudan

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 20:23:48 »
I commit to the standard key set and the addtional gamer (orange) set on the other thread. (Note: this is for the filco keyboards)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 20:29:45 »
Quote from: shakudan;267005
I commit to the standard key set and the addtional gamer (orange) set on the other thread. (Note: this is for the filco keyboards)

Me too.  Plus any toy set that may be offered...and perhaps some other goodies, depending on what else is, ultimately, offered.  (for the Leopold)

Offline HungryPillow

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 22:35:02 »
Quote from: 7bit;266696
At your service!

Show Image

Hmm, not exactly what I had in mind but props to you if you do that... :biggrin:

Was thinking something more like this:

Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Filco Majestouch MX Blues | Corsair K70 RGB MX Browns | Ducky Shine 4 MX Clears / Browns | WhiteFox Aria MX Browns

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 10:07:33 »
regarding the novelty keys:

what to do, I can't draw worth ****...

Didn't we have some paint, I mean photoshop wonderboys/girls in the other replacemen order thread?

Where are they now?

I guess 42 ...

Offline wuzle

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 10:27:13 »
Quote from: Senor_Cartmenez;267266
regarding the novelty keys:

what to do, I can't draw worth ****...

Didn't we have some paint, I mean photoshop wonderboys/girls in the other replacemen order thread?

Where are they now?

I guess 42 ...

Yeah, I can't either. I would be afraid what I came up with wouldn't turn out right. BTW, are there plans to add the diamond key that was in Round One? From the pictures in the Round One thread, it looks like a decent windows-key replacement. Although the 'Super' key is not a bad idea either.

Offline Hofy

• Voids Warranties
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 13:43:38 »
Hmmm, a 42 keycap?    Yellow with blue numbers? :biggrin:
Poker II Cherry MX Blue
Filco TenKeyless Zero Fukka
Cherry ML4100
IBM Model M 1391401 Buckle Spring Luvin

Offline 7bit_vote

Test
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 14:06:06 »
Quote from: Hofy;267375

%enter_answer_here%

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 14:13:30 »
Quote from: Hofy;267375

The problem with these different colors are, that it is quite costly, because the must be done in a separate batch. It is no problem to have 42 or FORTYTWO on a key in one of those 3 colors so far.

I will set up a new poll and will add these requests.

Please don't be too much disappointed, if these end up like FR or NL kit.

Offline JBert

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 14:34:49 »
I'm looking for a Colemak ISO layout. I guess that would mean I'd have to take the standard edition + UK and Colemak kits?
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #187 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 15:21:59 »
Quote from: JBert;267399
I'm looking for a Colemak ISO layout. I guess that would mean I'd have to take the standard edition + UK and Colemak kits?

Would be very appreciated by all those few UK-users!!!

The J-shape enter is the one which makes UK-layout pricy:

> J-shape Enter, black color: 25 keys @ 3.91/each

This is nearly $4 for the enter key. Then comes that shorter shift and an additional key for that gap.

A separate Colemak-ISO-kit would save you $2, at the expense of loosing all UK-GeekHack-members as friends, just because you refuse to support their layout!

If you think of the extra keys as a waste, then think of your next girlfriend!

She will appreciate it, if you would make her ear rings out of them.

Or use them for yourself as cuff links.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 15:44:32 »
Quote from: 7bit;267421
Would be very appreciated by all those few UK-users!!!

The J-shape enter is the one which makes UK-layout pricy:

> J-shape Enter, black color: 25 keys @ 3.91/each

This is nearly $4 for the enter key. Then comes that shorter shift and an additional key for that gap.

A separate Colemak-ISO-kit would save you $2, at the expense of loosing all UK-GeekHack-members as friends, just because you refuse to support their layout!

If you think of the extra keys as a waste, then think of your next girlfriend!

She will appreciate it, if you would make her ear rings out of them.

Or use them for yourself as cuff links.

Or put them on sale in year for triple price ;D
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Hofy

• Voids Warranties
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 16:02:04 »
Quote from: 7bit;267389
The problem with these different colors are, that it is quite costly, because the must be done in a separate batch. It is no problem to have 42 or FORTYTWO on a key in one of those 3 colors so far.

I will set up a new poll and will add these requests.

Please don't be too much disappointed, if these end up like FR or NL kit.

I was actually just kidding about a 42 key. If I put every 'special' key on a keyboard there would be no room left for the regular keys.
Poker II Cherry MX Blue
Filco TenKeyless Zero Fukka
Cherry ML4100
IBM Model M 1391401 Buckle Spring Luvin

Offline 7bit_vote

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 17:02:26 »
Quote from: Hofy;267447
I was actually just kidding about a 42 key. If I put every 'special' key on a keyboard there would be no room left for the regular keys.

Also, you would have even more sets to collate.

@ everybody:

I set up a new thread where everybody can specify quantities for any kit on the list, by sending me (7bit_vote) a personal message.

See How to vote for more details.

You can change these quantities at any time, which would not be possible in a conventional poll.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 17:20:42 »
Quote from: 7bit_vote;267472
Also, you would have even more sets to collate.

@ everybody:

I set up a new thread where everybody can specify quantities for any kit on the list, by sending me (7bit_vote) a personal message.

See How to vote for more details.

You can change these quantities at any time, which would not be possible in a conventional poll.

Could ask iMav to sticky that one... Also how often or at all are you going to update listing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline theferenc

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 17:30:48 »
7bit, you need to change that vote thread. You have

Black blank keys ............ $25 / 25 (ORANGEBLANK)

Which I assume should actually be

Black blank keys ............ $25 / 25 (BLACKBLANK)

or something similar. Just a heads up on that. I didn't want to clutter up that other thread, but I'm worried people will just copy/paste your Order-IDs, and end up with orange rather than black.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 17:33:01 »
Quote from: Ekaros;267478
Could ask iMav to sticky that one... Also how often or at all are you going to update listing?

I will update as often as possible. The poll-software iMav gave me access to, doesn't do the trick and I don't have the time to find out how to manipulate that PHP-stuff to work as needed.

It would be much better to load my less than 100 lines script to a website. But then I would have to deal with a login-system....

I will see waht I can do. As for now it is the only way to collect the actual quantities of sets to potentially ordered.

Good night!

Offline theferenc

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 17:38:05 »
So long as everyone follows directions, it should be nice and easy to hack together a python/perl/php/whatever script to parse them and dump out a nice CSV file or something similar. Hell, if you're a windows user, you can even do it directly in powershell, and have an excel spreadsheet pop out.

Offline Kairxa

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 20:45:38 »
Hey, will the orange blank single sized keys have all F1 ~ F12 row key or only half of them?

Like in this pic below.

Also, when will you order em?

If january, damn, I'll have to hesitate in buying a topre :|
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 December 2010, 21:15:00 by Kairxa »

Offline dewaere

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 21:04:15 »
The orange kit is what you can see on the pic (white caps).

Check here
KBC Poker Red / IBM Model M 1987 / Das Keyboard 1 / Filco Majestouch 2 Tenleyless Brown / Nopoo minichoc Red / Cherry G80-1861 HBF Black / Qpad MK-80 Red / Zowie EC2 / Zowie Mico / Steelseries XAI / Steelseries KANA /  Microsoft IE 3.0 / Microsoft imo 1.1 / Microsoft wmo 1.1 / Logitech MX 518 / Logitech MX 300 / Logitech MX 310 / Razer DeathAdder 1800 / Razer  Diamondback 1600 / Logitech  G9X

Offline Kairxa

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 21:14:34 »
Lol sorry I didn't mean orange kit, I mean orange blank single sized keys (damn it's long).

Will edit the original post now.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #198 on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 02:08:34 »
Quote from: theferenc;267488
So long as everyone follows directions, it should be nice and easy to hack together a python/perl/php/whatever script to parse them and dump out a nice CSV file or something similar.

Would be great to have a tool to automatically post the stuff. I will see what I can do to automatically upload the results to my own webspace.

Quote from: theferenc;267488

Hell, if you're a windows user, you can even do it directly in powershell, and have an excel   pop out.

Nope I'm not a Windows user!!!
powershell  excel spreadsheet Uhhhh.

Stop throwing those buzzwords at me!!!

To parse and evaluate a hacked together 2 little quick and dirty, less than 100 lines scripts.

The data base looks like this (I use a comma as separator, because it's not allowed in usernames):

7bit,BLACKBLANK,2
7bit,BLACKBLANKMOD,5
7bit,BLACKBLANKRET,2
7bit,FUNCTION,5
7bit,MODIFIER,5
7bit,NORDIC,1
7bit,NUMERIC,5
7bit,ORANGE,9
7bit,POS,3
7bit,STANDARD,5

These values where only for testing.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 02:11:34 »
Quote from: Kairxa;267572
Hey, will the orange blank single sized keys have all F1 ~ F12 row key or only half of them?

Like in this pic below.

Show Image

Also, when will you order em?

If january, damn, I'll have to hesitate in buying a topre :|

Delivery will be around early February.

That orange kit contains only keys where there are those white frames are around. All othees are not included and show only a potential color-scheme.

You can have orange single sized keys and orange modifiers separately. Same for blank blanks.