Author Topic: The GH shoe thread  (Read 452236 times)

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
Re: The GH shoe thread
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 17:48:36 »
My Red Wing boots:

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 18:42:53 »
My Red Wing boots:

Show Image

Those look really nice and broken in, I'm hoping to get a pair of Red Wing boots soon!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 18:43:36 »
My Red Wing boots:

Show Image

Those look really nice and broken in, I'm hoping to get a pair of Red Wing boots soon!

Thanks, I've had them for just over three years.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:46:34 »
It's hard to find boots in this thread :( sneakers' everywhere

Here's mine, 3 months ago (about 3 months of wear)

N&F Dirty Fade?

Wow, how could you regconise it, I'm impressed, the picture have little detail  :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 17:02:14 »
N&F Dirty Fade?
Wow, how could you regconise it, I'm impressed, the picture have little detail  :D

I have 'em too :P I'd start a selvedge thread but it's sorta niche (says the keyboard nerd)

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #305 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 17:05:55 »
Fencing shoes.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #306 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 18:12:53 »
Paging Bunny, I want to see the Jordan collection

To keep it legit, I got these last week

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:35:42 »
Paging Bunny, I want to see the Jordan collection

To keep it legit, I got these last week
Show Image

Thats whatsup!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #308 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 22:11:03 »
my '99 IVs have seen better days :(

14 years old
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 22:36:35 »
14 years old

This isn't an age thread, demik.
JK
;D
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline iri

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 05:45:08 »
on a barbeque session in supra shoes i posted above. i've found out these aren't very waterproof...

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline evolyn

« Reply #311 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:00:34 »
Show Image

Show Image

14 years old

soo cool :) ! u think 375dollar on fightclub side is tomuch?
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:51:58 »
I paid 500 for them like 6 years ago

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:33:31 »
N&F Dirty Fade?

I have 'em too :P I'd start a selvedge thread but it's sorta niche (says the keyboard nerd)

are you on styleforums ? they have a huge Nake n' Famous thread there  :p
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #314 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 00:28:00 »
Show Image

Show Image

14 years old

what a pair of beauties.... cracked sole and foggy air bubble...that's how you know they legit. :thumb:

Scared to look how my 99" look right now, been in storage collecting dust. :-[
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #315 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 00:29:14 »
Don't. It'll hurt your soul :(

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 00:40:52 »

Don't. It'll hurt your soul :(

Probably Right  :(

Lets just try to remember the good times.... I'll see your Breds with some cement love

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 00:43:38 »
So pretty. And actual leather!

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 10:44:14 »
My next pair is going some Green glow 4's. I missed out on the Nike.com restockt on cyber monday  :(

Offline Malphas

« Reply #319 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 14:43:05 »
We really need to splinter off a boot/proper-shoe thread for those of us feeling swamped in training shoes.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 18:58:30 »
We really need to splinter off a boot/proper-shoe thread for those of us feeling swamped in training shoes.

no true scotsman's boots
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline VolantPhalanx

• Cult Classic
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 18:09:58 »
Got these as an early christmas present, just as I expected from RO nothing but brilliant quality and design. Would reccomend.

Rick Owens and Happy Hackers

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #322 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:43:05 »
Dead thread is dead

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #323 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:00:37 »

From almost a month ago now (more like 3 weeks). Haven't got a chance to wear them because snow everywhere.
I love Elzy

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #324 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:36:01 »

Gotta look crispy while on vacation

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #325 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:54:44 »
Didn't even know we had a shoe thread

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #326 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 21:22:30 »
After looking at all these great shoes, I would love to find some help with something cheap and utilitarian.

I got these super cheap-o rubber sandals at Wal-Mart at least 10 years ago, and they are wonderful. They were so great that I even bought a second pair right away, before they disappeared. I mostly only wear them around the house, and have patched the soles with "Shoe-Goo" at least half a dozen times (the repair being stronger than the original material).

I have never been able to find anything like them again.

Why are they so great? The are very soft, they mould themselves exquisitely to conform to my feet, and they weigh nothing.
Seriously, I doubt that they weigh 2 ounces each.

They are so soft that they are not durable, so I rarely wear them on any abrasive surface, but they are heaven on the feet. They are even open enough that they don't cause me to sweat, often a problem.

Once every few years, Wal-Mart will offer rubber sandals briefly in the spring, but none of the recent ones have been any good at all. Other places have offered similar-shaped sandals, but they are always heavy and hot.

Has anybody seen anything like this, recently? Thanks!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 21:33:08 »
After looking at all these great shoes, I would love to find some help with something cheap and utilitarian.

I got these super cheap-o rubber sandals at Wal-Mart at least 10 years ago, and they are wonderful. They were so great that I even bought a second pair right away, before they disappeared. I mostly only wear them around the house, and have patched the soles with "Shoe-Goo" at least half a dozen times (the repair being stronger than the original material).

Why are they so great? The are very soft, they mould themselves exquisitely to conform to my feet, and they weigh nothing.

They are so soft that they are not durable, so I rarely wear them on any abrasive surface, but they are heaven on the feet. They are even open enough that they don't cause me to sweat, often a problem.

Once every few years, Wal-Mart will offer rubber sandals briefly in the spring, but none of the recent ones have been any good at all. Other places have offered similar-shaped sandals, but they are always heavy and hot.

I think alot of shoe companies offer what you're looking for.
They're often marketed as some sort of after-workout comfort sandal.

Oh and of course there's always your favorite plastic shoe Crocs! ... only if you're married of course.

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-baya-slide/12000,default,pd.html?cid=410&cgid=men-footwear-sandals
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-duet-scutes/12030,default,pd.html?cid=23D&cgid=men-footwear-sandals

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #328 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:04:21 »
I have ones similar to the "Baya Flip" and despite the ugliness of the other Crocs, these "flip flops" are rather good.
Not sure they were worth the $60 + they cost, but they have lasted a long time.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:09:53 by MissMurd3r84 »
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:18:36 »

Oreo 5 in Thailand

55752-0

When I got back, these were waiting..

55754-1

:)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #330 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 00:37:50 »

Old pic, panda flats <3
sell out and eat ass

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #331 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 00:59:42 »

Oreo 5 in Thailand

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Wow...I wanted a pair of 6's toro but sold out too fast....... hook ups?

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #332 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 01:44:16 »

Oreo 5 in Thailand

(Attachment Link)
:0
Damn reaper I didn't know you were a sneaker head also...

(Attachment Link)

Offline iri

« Reply #333 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 03:05:34 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #334 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 07:26:40 »

I think alot of shoe companies offer what you're looking for.
They're often marketed as some sort of after-workout comfort sandal.

I have ones similar to the "Baya Flip" and despite the ugliness of the other Crocs, these "flip flops" are rather good.

Thanks for the help.

There are lots of these things that are just "wrong" for one reason or another. I am looking for something to putter around the house and yard, out in the real world I would wear something like huaraches or good leather sandals in warm weather. And I am an over-60 male and a black belt in Tae Kwon Do so I don't give a damn about what any "fashion-ista" thinks about how they look.

I can't wear Crocs because my second toe is longer than my big toe and the way that they taper down puts undue pressure towards the outside. I also have high arches and many of the straps cut into the top of my feet. My feet also tend to be hot, so with rubber shoes I want any straps to be as narrow as possible rather than wide, and closed toes are a killer.

These Nikes look very promising, after looking at hundreds on Google images they are the only ones that look "right"
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #335 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 09:33:22 »
I am (...) a black belt in Tae Kwon Do so I don't give a damn about what any "fashion-ista" thinks about how they look.
#logic!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #336 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 10:22:41 »

Stuff like these are a dime (ok, a 19th century dime, about $10 nowadays) a pair where I live. You can find them easily in tropical places. There's probably no market in the US because it's too cold for most people. Next time you have a friend or relative go to Cancun or Puerto Rico or wherever Americans go for holidays, ask them to buy a few pairs back for you and you're set.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 10:35:40 »
There's probably no market in the US because it's too cold for most people.

There are tons of them on sale here, but none seem to suit me.

Most are far too heavy, the best characteristic of the ones I have is that they are practically weightless.

The other problem is that most of the ones on the market here have wide, tight, cumbersome bands across the top.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 01:03:33 »
after 1,5 year of wearing :p

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #339 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 14:24:45 »

Just came in!
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline iri

« Reply #340 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 04:52:56 »
$6.

56924-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #341 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 07:53:22 »
$6.

I like those, where did they come from?

Whether I would buy them would depend on weight. I would want them almost weightless (= soft foam, low wear resistance) but often these are made of heavy rubber (=long wear).

Offline iri

« Reply #342 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 09:01:57 »
$6.

I like those, where did they come from?

Whether I would buy them would depend on weight. I would want them almost weightless (= soft foam, low wear resistance) but often these are made of heavy rubber (=long wear).
that's a russian label with production in china, i guess. these are made from soft rubber, so long wear, comfort and low weight.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mindoculus

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 09:23:39 »

Salomon Speedcross 3

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #344 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 15:05:42 »
Show Image

Just came in!
Tight!  Some of my favourite Jordans!

My girlfriend got me a pair of NikeID Roshe Runs for Christmas, but I've been too scared to wear them and have the salt on the road ruin them.  Been rocking a pair of AirMax 1s as winter beaters for now.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 04:51:48 »
My favorite shoes are classic shell toes. Always fat laces matching the stripes.

Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 05:10:37 »
I'd post my shoes, but it's a shoe gore and there are some members under 18.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #347 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:39:41 »
http://etnies.com/shop/scout-2/black/
got some of those nasty lil freaks. ugly but super comfortable.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:55:00 »
Show Image

Just came in!

My girlfriend got me a pair of NikeID Roshe Runs for Christmas, but I've been too scared to wear them and have the salt on the road ruin them.  Been rocking a pair of AirMax 1s as winter beaters for now.

Show Image

Yea, the true blues are easily in my top 5 jordans, but air max's are definitely my go to for everyday casual; 90s work well with anything, and 95s are probably the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. Too bad I only have like 2 days a week to wear sneakers =/, I've had to transition over to boots/loafers.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 14:39:43 »
Show Image

Just came in!

Show Image

I miss my hold tights :(

I beat the the hell out of them tho. Wish i could have gotten two pairs