Author Topic: Flashlight / Torch Thread ?  (Read 16634 times)

Offline Connly33

Flashlight / Torch Thread ?
« on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:35:09 »
I have not seen a thread for flashlight's/torches ( depending on what you like to call them). But i know there are a good number of flashlight enthusiasts here, like keyboard's i'm fairly new to the " hobby", obsession, whatever you want to call it :p. But i do have a thing for high power LED flashlights, though it fits into my general gear interest along with other EDC type stuff like nice knives and multitools.

Anyway i kind of wanted a thread to talk about specifically flashlights in. I'm purchasing my first nice LED flashlight soon, most likely a thrunite TC12 with a 1000 Lumen output that runs on a single 18650 and is rechargeable via USB, it looks like a great general purpose / EDC light.

Right now i have a generic ebay special 600 Lumen 18650 powered light, and a 120 lumen AA powered thrunite, along with 15 or 20 unprotected 18650 Battery cells from dead laptop packs that still have most of there capacity. And a nice thrunite charger to charge them.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
Re: Flashlight / Torch Thread ?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:40:37 »
Can you recommend a good starter flashlight? Not too big on EDC. I generally only carry my phone, wallet, keys, and maybe a pair of earbuds.
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:46:40 »
Can you recommend a good starter flashlight? Not too big on EDC. I generally only carry my phone, wallet, keys, and maybe a pair of earbuds.

I can deffinitly make a recommendation, but based on my limited experience, and from what i've talked to other's about. Though do you have a budget in mind ? , or a preference of battery type like standard AA / AAA. The best route is to get one that uses a what is now a standard rechargeable battery type like an 18650 Lithium battery, which means you need a battery and charger, though some lights like the one i'm looking at have an internal charger that goes through USB.

Offline Zapheo

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:54:26 »
I suppose I wouldn't want to invest too much in a flashlight if I don't know much about them in the first place. Maybe suggest a good sub ~$30 one? (If that's even a price point for a quality flashlight.) Battery type wouldn't matter either.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 20:20:08 »
I suppose I wouldn't want to invest too much in a flashlight if I don't know much about them in the first place. Maybe suggest a good sub ~$30 one? (If that's even a price point for a quality flashlight.) Battery type wouldn't matter either.

$30 for a decent flashlight is doable, but for a higher quality light it is stretching it a bit, considering the battery cost as well, ill make a list of a few different options.

To start off, the bottom of the still worth getting barrel: Mainly from chinese companies, or knockoffs of better light's, Stay clear away from knockoff lithium batteries, like ultrafire, but the flashlights themselves are okay.

Firstly, a knockoff ultrafire light that claims to put out 1000 Lumens, in reality it puts out 500, but for $3-5 USD...... It's dirt cheap, that's a very high lumen to dollar ratio, it does not include the battery or charger, and runs off 18650's , and if it break's.... well who cares at that price as long as you get some use out of it. I'd say the same thing with most of the sub $20 lights on amazon, as long as they take an 18650 and have decent reviews, they should be fine for light to moderate use, they just dont take to much abuse.
 http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire-501B-Lumens-Power-Flashlight/dp/B0079EP0KK/ref=sr_1_3?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1452995745&sr=1-3&keywords=ultrafire

Now for a bit more serious light, that is still a fairly good deal, the ThruNite Neutron 2C, it's about $30 USD, and takes the standard rechargeable lithium cells like 18650 as well, though again not included, it claims 1040 Lumens and thrunite is usually a lot better with there claims.
http://www.amazon.com/ThruNite-Neutron2C-V2-CW-Flashlight/dp/B00MO0IT84/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1452995654&sr=8-16&keywords=thrunite

For any of the lights that dont include batteries, id highly reccomend either thrunite, or nitecore batteries and chargers, they usually go for $18- 20 USD for a single cell and a charger. just stay away from cheap no name or chinese knockoffs like ultra fire if you dont want any chance of burning your house down..., they usually are unprotected lithium cells.
http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-powered-charging-EdisonBright-converter/dp/B00Q6JFE5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452996828&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=nitecore+18650&psc=1 

Now the light that im getting for my daily driver, the thrunite TC12 has a built in USB charger and an included battery for about $70, with a 1000 max Lumen output, and many other lower output option's.
http://www.amazon.com/ThruNite-Micro-USB-Interface-Rechargeable-Flashlight/dp/B0197VRW1C/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1452995654&sr=8-13&keywords=thrunite

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 21:16:57 »
hAHAHAHAHA....

Geekhack is like  the haven for obsessive collectors of useless trinkets..

Offline Zapheo

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 21:21:59 »

$30 for a decent flashlight is doable, but for a higher quality light it is stretching it a bit, considering the battery cost as well, ill make a list of a few different options.

To start off, the bottom of the still worth getting barrel: Mainly from chinese companies, or knockoffs of better light's, Stay clear away from knockoff lithium batteries, like ultrafire, but the flashlights themselves are okay.

Firstly, a knockoff ultrafire light that claims to put out 1000 Lumens, in reality it puts out 500, but for $3-5 USD...... It's dirt cheap, that's a very high lumen to dollar ratio, it does not include the battery or charger, and runs off 18650's , and if it break's.... well who cares at that price as long as you get some use out of it. I'd say the same thing with most of the sub $20 lights on amazon, as long as they take an 18650 and have decent reviews, they should be fine for light to moderate use, they just dont take to much abuse.
 http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire-501B-Lumens-Power-Flashlight/dp/B0079EP0KK/ref=sr_1_3?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1452995745&sr=1-3&keywords=ultrafire

Now for a bit more serious light, that is still a fairly good deal, the ThruNite Neutron 2C, it's about $30 USD, and takes the standard rechargeable lithium cells like 18650 as well, though again not included, it claims 1040 Lumens and thrunite is usually a lot better with there claims.
http://www.amazon.com/ThruNite-Neutron2C-V2-CW-Flashlight/dp/B00MO0IT84/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1452995654&sr=8-16&keywords=thrunite

For any of the lights that dont include batteries, id highly reccomend either thrunite, or nitecore batteries and chargers, they usually go for $18- 20 USD for a single cell and a charger. just stay away from cheap no name or chinese knockoffs like ultra fire if you dont want any chance of burning your house down..., they usually are unprotected lithium cells.
http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-powered-charging-EdisonBright-converter/dp/B00Q6JFE5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452996828&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=nitecore+18650&psc=1 

Now the light that im getting for my daily driver, the thrunite TC12 has a built in USB charger and an included battery for about $70, with a 1000 max Lumen output, and many other lower output option's.
http://www.amazon.com/ThruNite-Micro-USB-Interface-Rechargeable-Flashlight/dp/B0197VRW1C/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1452995654&sr=8-13&keywords=thrunite

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll be sure to check this out when I have some time.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 22:21:49 »
Ive had a four sevens preon for ages. It takes AAA but is really bright, handy for a pen style light. They have just updated the design and the new one looks even better.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 22:29:44 »
hAHAHAHAHA....

Show Image

Flashlights and keyboards are fairly useful.  :-*

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 22:40:59 »
I'm a big fan of the Surefire GX2. Nice and lightweight and waterproof as well. Great camping flashlight.
More

Offline Connly33

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 23:07:33 »
hAHAHAHAHA....

Show Image

I have to agree with the obsessive collecting :p , to sometimes useless extents, but in themselves flashlights and keyboards are very useful as moistgun said. 

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll be sure to check this out when I have some time.

No problem! if anyone knows a few better recommendations feel free to add them, one reason i made this thread is for anyone that is further down the flashlight rabbit hole than i am.

Ive had a four sevens preon for ages. It takes AAA but is really bright, handy for a pen style light. They have just updated the design and the new one looks even better.

I haven't heard of them before, but i'm really liking some of the lights they have ..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 01:17:30 »
I'm a big fan of the Surefire GX2. Nice and lightweight and waterproof as well. Great camping flashlight.

I have a Surefire G2 LED that I bought about 8 years ago, I think the one you have is the next generation? The thing that got my goat with the G2 was the soft button on the end that was not an actual button. I ended up finding an after market supplier which made a clicky tail cap for it.

Does yours come with a clicky tail cap standard, also I have much hate for C123A batteries. They are so expensive, I was able to get them from work but when that dried up I pretty much stopped using that torch. Now it just sits in my car as a just in case item.

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 01:47:34 »

I have a Surefire G2 LED that I bought about 8 years ago, I think the one you have is the next generation? The thing that got my goat with the G2 was the soft button on the end that was not an actual button. I ended up finding an after market supplier which made a clicky tail cap for it.

Does yours come with a clicky tail cap standard, also I have much hate for C123A batteries. They are so expensive, I was able to get them from work but when that dried up I pretty much stopped using that torch. Now it just sits in my car as a just in case item.

Has clicky button :)

Dude, I love cr123's. Quite cheap on Amzn. Back when Surefire was the only one who made them they were ultra spendy. Now they're around 20 for a 12pack.

Rechargeables like the big 18650's are excellent but heavy for the amount of maH in comparison.
More

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 01:56:02 »

Dude, I love cr123's. Quite cheap on Amzn. Back when Surefire was the only one who made them they were ultra spendy. Now they're around 20 for a 12pack.

Rechargeables like the big 18650's are excellent but heavy for the amount of maH in comparison.

Ah got ya, I think the first and last time I bought them was like just after I got that torch. I can't remember the exact price because drinking and life but I do remember thinking **** that I aint paying that much. Then work started supplying them and it was all good for a couple years. But then work stopped and that is when I went to foursevens preon.

Have you got any rechargeable torches? I think it is a good idea but for me it is easier and more reliable just to carry spare batteries.

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:05:26 »

Ah got ya, I think the first and last time I bought them was like just after I got that torch. I can't remember the exact price because drinking and life but I do remember thinking **** that I aint paying that much. Then work started supplying them and it was all good for a couple years. But then work stopped and that is when I went to foursevens preon.

Have you got any rechargeable torches? I think it is a good idea but for me it is easier and more reliable just to carry spare batteries.

+1 on keeping spares handy.

Although they can throw a lot of light out, the thing that I don't like with the Li-ion rechargables like 18350/500/650's is that you can't really leave them sitting around too long without a charge to top them off. If they go below a certain threshold in voltage your SOL and will need to replace them as they will no longer take a charge. That's like 30-40 bucks flushed away. Works great for something that gets used fairly regularly but rules out leaving it in a drawer for any extended amount of time. Awesome for e-cigs, terrible for torches.
More

Offline Connly33

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:16:47 »

I want to get a few that run on standard non rechargeable batteries, like AA's.  I've had a couple cr123 lights forever ago, but i just really dislike non rechargeable non standard batteries. Having to carry a few extra rechargeable batteries around or on me is worth it to me, i can usually get about 3 hours per 18650 on my 600 lumen light.  The torch i want to get will go 2.5 hours on 800 lumens or 1.6 on 1000. then again i have a pile of 18650's from all of the laptop batteries i've pulled apart, i just have to store them and charge them a bit more carefully since they are unprotected.

Edit:

Just my experience, but i haven't had any of my cells that have been sitting around for a few years self discharge to the point of being unusable anymore. And i have brought a few batteries back from under 1.5 volts with almost 3/4 of there capacity, of course i wouldn't trust them after that. Of course all depends on the quality of the cell, most of mine are japanese produced samsung or sanyo cell's
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:23:32 by Connly33 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:20:30 »
My grandpa used Maglite, my father uses Maglite, and I use Maglite. I have 2; a Maglite Mini that I have had for more than 13 years that belonged to my dad, and a big 'ol 5 D-Cell whompin' stick one.

edit - a coworker has a Fenix PD32 that is very nice. Thinking about getting one as well.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:25:03 by noisyturtle »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:44:57 »
My grandpa used Maglite, my father uses Maglite, and I use Maglite. I have 2; a Maglite Mini that I have had for more than 13 years that belonged to my dad, and a big 'ol 5 D-Cell whompin' stick one.

edit - a coworker has a Fenix PD32 that is very nice. Thinking about getting one as well.

I had a Maglite as a kid, it was camo and I thought I was so ****ing cool. I believe the big ones doubled as a flogging stick back in the day before the introduction of fancy pepper spray, tasers and asp battons.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:46:43 »
I want to get a few that run on standard non rechargeable batteries, like AA's.  I've had a couple cr123 lights forever ago, but i just really dislike non rechargeable non standard batteries. Having to carry a few extra rechargeable batteries around or on me is worth it to me, i can usually get about 3 hours per 18650 on my 600 lumen light.  The torch i want to get will go 2.5 hours on 800 lumens or 1.6 on 1000. then again i have a pile of 18650's from all of the laptop batteries i've pulled apart, i just have to store them and charge them a bit more carefully since they are unprotected.

Wait, did  you just pull the laptop battery apart and they were on the inside? the 18650s?

Offline Connly33

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:58:55 »

Wait, did  you just pull the laptop battery apart and they were on the inside? the 18650s?

Yes, most larger li-ion packs like the ones used in normal form factor laptops just use a bunch of 18650's tacked together connected to a balanced charger, but the reason the packs go bad is one cell goes below its threshold voltage and kills the overall capacity of the pack.

I got these 5 Sanyo cells and two more that are in my backpack from my fujitsu lifebook's bad battery, all of the cells are still usable for at least a medium power flashlight. I have some more in one of my drawers from a dell inspiron.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 03:00:27 by Connly33 »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 03:02:08 »
Yes, most larger li-ion packs like the ones used in normal form factor laptops just use a bunch of 18650's tacked together connected to a balanced charger, but the reason the packs go bad is one cell goes below its threshold voltage and kills the overall capacity of the pack.

I got these 5 Sanyo cells and two more that are in my backpack from my fujitsu lifebook's bad battery, all of the cells are still usable for at least a medium power flashlight. I have some more in one of my drawers from a dell inspiron.

That is some nice re purposing there, a rechargeable torch would work great with all those spare batteries.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 03:13:34 »

That is some nice re purposing there, a rechargeable torch would work great with all those spare batteries.

It's probably a good idea to have a few new cell's too since the used batteries do need to be charged a bit more frequently, but as long as i get a decent run time ill continue to use them. I like to repurpose electronic's as much as i can, though as i said you definitely want a good charger, specifically one that monitors temperature, because there most common failure mode when they are warn out is getting hot while charging because of the high internal resistance, but most of the nice digital chargers that will charge more than a couple batteries at a time will do that. I dont think the USB rechargable torches charge at a high enough rate to worry about heat though fortunately, but ill find out soon.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 03:19:09 by Connly33 »

Offline studentben

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 04:26:16 »
There is actually a subreddit for flashlights. I got a recommendation from there and just ordered a Thrunite ti4 to carry as my EDC. It should be here on Tuesday or something and I'm really excited for it :)

If you're looking for a recommendation, maybe you should check out that subreddit too. They're really helpful around there. :)

Offline jd29

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 00:14:42 »
There is actually a subreddit for flashlights. I got a recommendation from there and just ordered a Thrunite ti4 to carry as my EDC. It should be here on Tuesday or something and I'm really excited for it :)

If you're looking for a recommendation, maybe you should check out that subreddit too. They're really helpful around there. :)

For sure, those are good folks  :thumb:

I want to point people to the BLF-348 community buy, which is nearing its close. $7, stainless steel, and a very nice Nichia 219b - I've looked around, and not much can really compete with it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 February 2016, 00:17:10 by jd29 »

Offline studentben

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 03:10:03 »

For sure, those are good folks  :thumb:

I want to point people to the BLF-348 community buy, which is nearing its close. $7, stainless steel, and a very nice Nichia 219b - I've looked around, and not much can really compete with it.

That actually looks really good and is pretty cheap. Any idea if it's been completed yet? I can't tell if ordering is over or not after reading it. They said something about shipping mid-march, so I'm kinda assuming the buy is over...

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 09:19:49 »
I have a Maratac AAA light for EDC. It fits in the coin pocket of my jeans. very small, very bright, very handy.
-Dana

Offline jd29

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 10:27:13 »
That actually looks really good and is pretty cheap. Any idea if it's been completed yet? I can't tell if ordering is over or not after reading it. They said something about shipping mid-march, so I'm kinda assuming the buy is over...

Yeah, it's a weird GB. By replying, you reserve a light and you can order it when they're ready to ship. But it's still open.

Offline studentben

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 17:51:11 »

Yeah, it's a weird GB. By replying, you reserve a light and you can order it when they're ready to ship. But it's still open.

Thanks for the info! :) I'm gonna put a spot in for a couple of them. I just got my ti4 today and it's amazing! So I wouldn't mind carrying something smaller with me as well.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 10:38:18 »
Ha! i knew there'd be a thread here.

I got an Olight S30

More pics here

I also have a Convoy S2+ (i got lazy because /r/flashlights doesn't care about image quality and is happy with potato pics)

That i put a 60° TIR optics into.

I really want a Jaxman E2 with a Nichia 219B but i'm not sure i really need a 3rd light XD
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 11:25:49 »
I did not read that as flashlight

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 11:42:36 »
I just wanted to share these somewhere they'll be appreciated, you guys always show me the love =)

I also have some Potatoes of my Convoy S2+ that i did a driver swap on.

.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 21:46:55 »
nice work!
-Dana

Offline redskull

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 22:09:34 »
i have the s30 baton too. also have the s2 baton and m22 warrior.

gonna get a few more flashlights in the coming weeks and olights obviously is my favourite brand.

used to have a few fenix lights, but i gave 1 to my mother and sold another to a friend. this friend of mine, 'poisoned' some friends of ours and got them to buy fenix lights.

4 more pd35s from 4 other friends of ours not pictured here. and maybe a couple of the pd32 ultimates too. :))

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 02:05:12 »

Any pics of the S2? 

I have two BLF-348's coming and a LiitoKala lii charger coming in the mail =)
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 02:13:54 »
I have a couple of Mag-Tacs and have really been pleased with them.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 06:54:12 »
Huh.. I still have a few 18500 and 18650 batteries left over from my old vaping supplies. I should put those to use!

Offline redskull

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 10:27:11 »

Any pics of the S2? 

I have two BLF-348's coming and a LiitoKala lii charger coming in the mail =)

i have 2 soshine chargers and a soshine e4s charger/powerbank.

please ignore the dirt/hairs, got 5 cats in my house :D

Offline Connly33

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 23:40:01 »
Those are some nice looking flashlights. I finnaly got the thrunite TC 12 Neutral white and iv been using it as my EDC light, using EDC even though i dont necessarily carry it with me all the time, its just my go to flashlight that i carry with me whenever i may need one.  Love that its rechargeable via USB, i can use all of my USB power banks and my solar backup. Gets pretty hot on turbo mode but most of the time i only need it on medium. I've been using the 18650 that came with it since it is a protected cell and have been keeping my recovered unprotected cells for my cheap eBay lights and charging them with my thrunite MCC-2 charger.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 06:19:56 »
The flashlight does not have circuit protection? Huh.. another thing to consider

Offline Connly33

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:07:44 »
The flashlight does not have circuit protection? Huh.. another thing to consider

The flashlight does. But i still like to use only protected 18650's since it does its own charging. Its the 18650's that i pull out of laptop packs that dont have internal protection that i like to monitor the voltage on myself.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 17:29:29 »

The flashlight does. But i still like to use only protected 18650's since it does its own charging. Its the 18650's that i pull out of laptop packs that dont have internal protection that i like to monitor the voltage on myself.
Ah ok. I can see why you'd only want protected batteries in that flashlight

Offline shortround

• Scoot jockey, nomad trash.
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 21:34:54 »
My most recent lights are the Fenix pd32 2016 edition, and the Thrunite archer 1a v3.  The Fenix pd32 has been my go-to flashlight for a few years now (xp-g s2 version), and the 2016 edition finally had some updates that I thought were worth while so I bought one, and I'm glad I did.  I really dig the 5 lumen low setting that can run for over 10 days.  I don't care much for 0.1 lumen moonlight settings that some lights use just to claim 3 million day runtimes or whatnot.  The smaller archer 1a I picked up because I didn't really have an aa flashlight other than my big Fenix TK41.  My collection has grown more than I care to admit over the last few years.  I have Fenix TK10, pd32, TK35, TK41, pd32 2016 edition, Surefire G2x pro, 6px pro, 6px tac, and x300 ultra.  Also a Nitecore mt1c, a Sunwayman m10r, Eagletac d25lc2, streamlight tlr-1, and my little pocket light, an olight I3s.  In other words, my name is shortround and I'm an addict. 

For anyone looking for a gateway drug to get into nicer flashlights, something like the Thrunite tn12 on amazon for $46 would be a good investment.  For anyone looking to save battery power, I would suggest lights that use only mechanical switches and not fancy electric switches.  I had a Nitecore ec2 for a while that had terrible parasitic drain on the batteries whilst not in use. 

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 01:22:50 »
I just stumbled upon this topic..

I have a Surefire E1L Outdoorsman.

I FREAKING LOVE IT.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 21:36:48 »
What's the best pocket friendly Single 18650 light. ?

/going night-fishing

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 02:48:10 »

/going night-fishing

Night fishing for what? Prostitutes? I literally just got back from a weekend of fishing and by fishing I mean me sitting there getting drunk while other people fish and holy **** so many bugs. Now I know that your allergic to anything that does not come in a vacuum sealed packet so you may want to order a copy of Basshunter for your PS1. That way you will live 5.25 hours longer.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 05:04:15 »

/going night-fishing

I literally just got back from a weekend of fishing and by fishing I mean me sitting there getting drunk while other people fish and holy **** so many bugs. Now I know that your allergic to anything that does not come in a vacuum sealed packet so you may want to order a copy of Basshunter for your PS1. That way you will live 5.25 hours longer.

I've got the hat with the net around it and i made a small hole for a drinking straw.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 05:08:12 »

/going night-fishing

I literally just got back from a weekend of fishing and by fishing I mean me sitting there getting drunk while other people fish and holy **** so many bugs. Now I know that your allergic to anything that does not come in a vacuum sealed packet so you may want to order a copy of Basshunter for your PS1. That way you will live 5.25 hours longer.

I've got the hat with the net around it and i made a small hole for a drinking straw.

You are set then.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 06:47:21 »

You are set then.

But i still need a flashlight !!
Show Image

What for? You have a straw.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 00:26:16 »
I have a few Zebralights that are all fantastic 18650 pocket lights. My favorite from them is actually a headlamp though. Great inexpensive lights.
-Dana