Author Topic: [GB] Troubled Minds R2 by thesiscamper  (Read 56064 times)

Offline lekashman

[GB] Troubled Minds R2 by thesiscamper
« on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 16:55:41 »
Troubled Minds R2 has officially launched on Kono Store - https://kono.store/products/sa-troubled-minds-keycap-set

Europe Proxy - https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/sa-trouble-minds-alphas_484/
China Proxy - http://www.zfrontier.com/m/3594

(Pictured - Troubled Minds on Kira - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lekashman/kira-mechanical-keyboard )

Troubled Minds has been in the works for quite a while. We are proud to announce that the Group Buy has launched and is taking off like a rocket. The keycap set is designed by the incredible thesiscamper - you can see more of his work here: http://www.keyrenders.com/

We are quite certain this set will be produced at this time - the only question is whether we will reach the 250 count order quantity to achieve a price break on the Alphas and TKL kits. The remaining sets in the buy have been priced around where our keycap group buy model estimates they will reach. Price savings for higher quantities on the other kits are negligible at best beyond where they are currently priced. If we reach 250 Alphas or TKL kits ordered across Kono + all proxies, we will be refunding $5 if one passes the mark or $10 (total) if both pass 250 orders. Only group buy participants who purchase Alphas or TKL are eligible for this potential refund and only one refund will be applied per kit ordered.

The Group Buy will be available until May 11th, 2018, after which we will be placing a purchase order with Signature Plastics. We will over order slightly at that time and re-open the buy with limited quantities so stragglers can still participate. Please be aware that due to incredible demand for SA profile keycaps from Signature Plastics, the lead time on production is extremely long for this production run and the absolute earliest these keycaps will be produced is December 2018.

We are therefore providing a January 2019 estimated ship date for Troubled Minds R2.

Next - this is a very complex and sizable group buy spanning multiple companies and is shipping internationally. If you are going to cancel your order, please do so within the 30 day window. After we place the Purchase Order with Signature Plastics we will not be accepting cancellations for Troubled Minds - though anytime before the purchase order is placed we can refund money immediately.

Orders placed on Kono Store will be fulfilled from our Utah based warehouse - if you order from a proxy, please contact them directly to make adjustments or ask questions about your order. Shipping is auto-calculated based on your location at checkout.

To view the sets and prices, please visit Kono - https://kono.store/products/sa-troubled-minds-keycap-set

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to get the word out about Troubled Minds - we really love this set and are so pleased to help run another round! Both Input Club and thesiscamper will be posting regular pictures of this set (and other keyboard / keycap sets) to our Instagram accounts so you can see our awesome renders.

thesiscamper Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/thesiscamper/
Input Club Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/inputclub/

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] Troubled Minds R2 by thesiscamper
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 16:56:28 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 19:02:13 »
wondering what's the diff between r1 and r2 what's new
I love Elzy

Offline Eggplant

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 19:37:33 »

I think the purple mods are brand new, as well as the inclusion of some new novelties. Outside of those, I'm not picking up on anything else too drastically different.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 19:47:37 »

I think the purple mods are brand new, as well as the inclusion of some new novelties. Outside of those, I'm not picking up on anything else too drastically different.

All green function row wasn't available before either. But apart from those three things I believe you are correct.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 08:24:31 »
MOQ per kit?

Offline bciamny

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 13:01:45 »
i'm going to guess moq isn't as relevant for this gb as others. the prices for some of the kits seem to reflect what would probably be SP's 50 moq. especially for the Purple Mods and Novelties Kits at $135 and $67 per set, considering you can get a full 104 key set for $135 in some buys. this is probably how they're calculating the risks of the GB. offer one price up and if they have to subsidize the production of one kit for another on the back end, so be it. especially considering a lot of GBs recently haven't been hitting moq for some of the more niche kits.

these prices are disappointing though, not to blame anyone (except maybe SP because i personally believe they're taking a chance to drive up the profit margin based on aftermarket sales in r/mm).

Offline dsaf

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 15:27:30 »
Just noticed there is no 1.25 AltGr / AltGraph key. Was that a deliberate decision? I know most will just use a novelty, just wanted to check if there is a mistake.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 15:31:35 »
Just noticed there is no 1.25 AltGr / AltGraph key. Was that a deliberate decision? I know most will just use a novelty, just wanted to check if there is a mistake.

Looks cleaner with Alt, and 1 less mold, but properly more the former.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 00:05:59 »
Hi all, I just want to reiterate that the official proxies are ZFrontier for China and mykeyboard.eu for Europe, and that any other party trying to run their own group buys through a store/shop account is not authorized. I'm not talking about small groups trying to save on shipping.

Second, mykeyboard.eu is planning to do a giveaway for some great-looking sleeves, and they are willing to do this for everyone who joins, not only for EU. :)

Third, I talked to kono and we're planning to remove the extra 1.5u and 1u keys on the ErgoDox Kit. Please note that this will not translate to significant savings, but it's savings nonetheless.

Here are a couple of photos of the sweet sleeves necrowomanx made:

193809-0193811-1

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 01:45:52 »
Are we all getting the sleeve?

No, sorry for the confusion. They will be raffled, but I'm not sure how many will be made at this moment.

Offline 40keyless

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 08:10:45 »
INSANE keyset, love it

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 20:05:10 »
Will buy but price seem on the high side, came out to over $400 for full Green and Purple coverage with Novelties.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 10:35:05 »
INSANE keyset, love it

Glad you like it enough to use a pun :D

Will buy but price seem on the high side, came out to over $400 for full Green and Purple coverage with Novelties.

Hi, thanks for joining the buy despite of the price, the price drop for alphas and TKL should be within reach, so that's a bit of savings for most people. Vendors are preparing stuff for giveaways, from artisans to sleeves so stay tuned! :)

Here are a couple of mock-ups with the NorDeUK kit, I hope the keys I used are correct :D

Offline online

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 15:55:45 »
Hi all, I just want to reiterate that the official proxies are ZFrontier for China and mykeyboard.eu for Europe, and that any other party trying to run their own group buys through a store/shop account is not authorized. I'm not talking about small groups trying to save on shipping.

Second, mykeyboard.eu is planning to do a giveaway for some great-looking sleeves, and they are willing to do this for everyone who joins, not only for EU. :)

Third, I talked to kono and we're planning to remove the extra 1.5u and 1u keys on the ErgoDox Kit. Please note that this will not translate to significant savings, but it's savings nonetheless.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

How many keys will be removed on the ErgoDox Kit? I'm planning to use it as blank keys set for my macro board, so every blank 1u and 2u keys are valuable to me.

Also, will mykeyboard.eu refund the different for TKL and Alpha when they reached the next price point?
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 April 2018, 15:57:23 by online »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 18:27:03 »

How many keys will be removed on the ErgoDox Kit? I'm planning to use it as blank keys set for my macro board, so every blank 1u and 2u keys are valuable to me.

Also, will mykeyboard.eu refund the different for TKL and Alpha when they reached the next price point?

We intend to remove 2x1.5u and 2x1u, both R1.We'll have to wait for kono's confirmation on whether they will be removed or not.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 03:28:10 »
:( I was really looking forward to this but WTF is going on with some of those kits? Was any serious thought given to different layout coverage or were keys randomly drawn out of a bag?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 04:08:42 »
:( I was really looking forward to this but WTF is going on with some of those kits? Was any serious thought given to different layout coverage or were keys randomly drawn out of a bag?

There was a very active interest check thread that went on for weeks to decide on the kits. I'm sorry we didn't tailor everything to your needs.

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 06:34:55 »

yes ;-)

Offline online

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 08:06:02 »

yes ;-)

Nice. Thanks.

We intend to remove 2x1.5u and 2x1u, both R1.We'll have to wait for kono's confirmation on whether they will be removed or not.

I hope this not gonna happen, as you said earlier, the saving is not that big. I'd prefer to pay the already high price for more caps to have flixiblity/futureproofing.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 17:53:07 »

There was a very active interest check thread that went on for weeks to decide on the kits. I'm sorry we didn't tailor everything to your needs.

It was indeed. Surprisingly the numbers still favour these kits. I actually was quite surprised that people who are into custom mechs (aka non-standard layouts) != people who buy these keycaps
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 18:12:47 »

It was indeed. Surprisingly the numbers still favour these kits. I actually was quite surprised that people who are into custom mechs (aka non-standard layouts) != people who buy these keycaps

Well not everyone just needs a 1.75u Shift or whatever that one key is, there are plenty of 1800 people who need the rest of the keys, and 60% users who need short right shift and non-standard bottom row mods, and so on.

yes ;-)

Nice. Thanks.

I hope this not gonna happen, as you said earlier, the saving is not that big. I'd prefer to pay the already high price for more caps to have flixiblity/futureproofing.

We will look into this some more.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 April 2018, 19:24:34 by thesiscamper »

Offline Max_P0

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 23:26:33 »
Hey does anyone know how much the prices will go down if a specific number of units have been purchased ?

Offline Tree_

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 02:28:13 »

Well not everyone just needs a 1.75u Shift or whatever that one key is, there are plenty of 1800 people who need the rest of the keys, and 60% users who need short right shift and non-standard bottom row mods, and so on.

I mean, understandably this seems like the opinion of the few, but I'm part of the "everyone" that will probably give this a miss - $86AUD for Non-Standard to use three caps is mind boggling and I just can't justify it.

As I said in the interest check thread: Absolutely amazing set and I can still only dream of one day owning it, but $320AUD retail to get novelties and compatibility for my board is ludicrous.

(To be clear though, that's not a criticism towards thesiscamper or anyone involved with running this GB; I wouldn't know where to add these keys otherwise to make compatibility easier - It's just that this is insanely expensive for anything other than a 60% or TKL without novelties.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 April 2018, 06:41:48 by Tree_ »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 08:19:45 »
It's all good. It's either the kit is missing that one key you need, or you only need one key and the rest is useless, both valid reasons not to buy.

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 09:19:46 »
Awesome set @thesiscamper. I've been hoping it would come around again since I first saw it and salivating since I saw the IC thread appear for round 2. I'm not even a huge fan of high profiles, but I went all in on this one. 100 bucks was a bit of a tough bullet to bite for the 40s kit, but it gives the 2u shift for my gk64, keys necessary for Kira when it comes, as well as enough other odds and ends that I'm sure I'll be able to toss this on whatever Frankenstein layout board I decide on next. Might there be any way we can see updates of number of kits sold? Just curious as to how many others are also willing to spend this much on plastic pieces 8 months in advance. Well done and good luck on sales!

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 10:51:50 »
The one set I really wanted and glad to see a round 2. If I place an order will it charge me right away or wait for group buy to end?

Offline Wintervocal

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 14:18:09 »
Any chance to change one of R2 1.5u in the Ergo kit to purple?
Looking to fill a macro pad with these and purple would look really nice.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 16:43:54 »
Awesome set @thesiscamper. I've been hoping it would come around again since I first saw it and salivating since I saw the IC thread appear for round 2. I'm not even a huge fan of high profiles, but I went all in on this one. 100 bucks was a bit of a tough bullet to bite for the 40s kit, but it gives the 2u shift for my gk64, keys necessary for Kira when it comes, as well as enough other odds and ends that I'm sure I'll be able to toss this on whatever Frankenstein layout board I decide on next. Might there be any way we can see updates of number of kits sold? Just curious as to how many others are also willing to spend this much on plastic pieces 8 months in advance. Well done and good luck on sales!

Thank you for the support! I'm working on having the numbers but the kono team is currently on a business trip for a week. I'll ask them to give an update as soon as they can.
edit: I might have misunderstood you on this one, but you don't need 2u Shift for the KIRA 96-key, it uses 1.75u short right Shift.

The one set I really wanted and glad to see a round 2. If I place an order will it charge me right away or wait for group buy to end?

I believe it will charge you right away, if the 250 units for alphas and TKL are met then a refund will be given.

Any chance to change one of R2 1.5u in the Ergo kit to purple?
Looking to fill a macro pad with these and purple would look really nice.

Unfortunately changing anything at this point is unlikely, unless the change is critical like wrong keys included. Also we'll get complaints.

Kits sold as of 4-20 (GMT +8)
194131-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 April 2018, 19:26:15 by thesiscamper »

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 19:40:27 »

edit: I might have misunderstood you on this one, but you don't need 2u Shift for the KIRA 96-key, it uses 1.75u short right Shift.

Kits sold as of 4-20 (GMT +8)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks for looking out! Ya I meant that I need the 2u shift for GK64, and then the 1.75u shift for the Kira, both of which (plus a bunch of 40% and other specialty board keys) are in the 40s kit, so it made the extra price tag on it worth it for me. (Also, the text direction keys are a nice touch.)

Thanks for the update on the numbers as well!

Offline Autorefresh

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 22:15:49 »
How long will this GB be open for?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 22:29:39 »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 00:03:23 »
beautiful... but 2019??

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 00:35:41 »
beautiful... but 2019??

it's SA, after all
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 09:59:52 »
We haven't received updated numbers from kono yet since last time, but we're at 191 alphas and 166 TKL kits just from ZFrontier and mykeyboard.eu sales update. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 April 2018, 22:30:37 by thesiscamper »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 16:25:29 »
We haven't received updated numbers from kono yet since last time, but we're at 191 alphas and 166 TKL kits just from ZFrontier and mykeyboard.eu's update. :)

holy ****

many
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 22:37:21 »
ZFrontier will be giving away some artisan caps made by Gen.s and anyone who joins the buy through ZFrontier, kono and mykeyboard.eu has a chance to win them.

A total of 3 caps to be raffled, one for each vendor. The other caps will only be available for purchase for group buy participants who get their set from the official vendors, here are some samples (excluding the red cap):

« Last Edit: Thu, 26 April 2018, 01:05:17 by thesiscamper »

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 19:30:25 »
Got paid today and put my order in ^_^ now I will forget I bought it and have a nice surprise in January.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 07:06:22 »
ZFrontier will be giving away some artisan caps made by Gen.s and anyone who joins the buy through ZFrontier, kono and mykeyboard.eu has a chance to win them.

A total of 3 caps to be raffled, one for each vendor. The other caps will only be available for purchase for group buy participants who get their set from the official vendors, here are some samples (excluding the red cap):

Show Image

Those guys are bad ass. I really like the look of them! Great job as usual!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 17:06:24 »
Got paid today and put my order in ^_^ now I will forget I bought it and have a nice surprise in January.

Thank you for joining! We should have a nice update on Monday.  :)

Show Image

Those guys are bad ass. I really like the look of them! Great job as usual!

I believe it's the same guy who made the "Human After All" Daft Punk caps seen on Massdrop.  :thumb:

Offline dsaf

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 18:27:13 »
...The other caps will only be available for purchase for group buy participants who get their set from the official vendors, here are some samples (excluding the red cap):

"Available for purchase" as in "pick what you like" or as in "pay for an artisan raffle"?

Offline KhalBrogo

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 19:23:46 »
I bought the Kira from Kickstarter and this is the keyset I have been waiting for since I missed out on the first one. If I want to cover the Kira am I correct that I would need the Alphas, TKL, numpad, and non-standard/40s? I also want the novelties, would that be enough to replace the TKL?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 03:53:00 »
...The other caps will only be available for purchase for group buy participants who get their set from the official vendors, here are some samples (excluding the red cap):

"Available for purchase" as in "pick what you like" or as in "pay for an artisan raffle"?

I asked ZF for clarification and will get back to you.

I bought the Kira from Kickstarter and this is the keyset I have been waiting for since I missed out on the first one. If I want to cover the Kira am I correct that I would need the Alphas, TKL, numpad, and non-standard/40s? I also want the novelties, would that be enough to replace the TKL?

Thank you for supporting both Kira and Troubled Minds. You will need Alphas, TKL, numpad and non-standard, the novelties won't replace TKL.

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:35:40 »
What would I need to purchase for a white Fox keyboard? Very confusing ****.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:42:27 »

Alphas + Modifiers + Non-Standard

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:43:33 »
You're the best. Thank you so much!

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:47:33 »

Which one is the modifiers? Purple modifiers or the 40's

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:51:25 »

Sorry, it's called TKL for this set. So Alphas + TKL + Non-Standard.

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:52:55 »

Sorry, it's called TKL for this set. So Alphas + TKL + Non-Standard.
Thank you good sir.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #50 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 12:47:18 »
Any updates on the numbers, did we manage to get a price drop?

Offline poolside

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 13:26:53 »
The Non-Standard kit with green mods mockup shows two R1 \| keycaps (green and purple). There are none in the PurpMods kit mockup whose Non-Standard part appears to be identical, apart from these two keys, to that of the Non-Standard kit with green mods.

Is that a render oversight or will there actually be no purple R1 \| for split backspace layouts in the PurpMods kit?

Offline ProtonDecay

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 15:20:04 »
We really need some indication of where the prices are going to end up. Transparency helps a lot -- supply/demand curve and all that.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's holding off on buying multiple kits until there's some indication that the final price for a keyboard's worth won't be a few hundred dollars... (Edit: at the current price, I don't think it's a stretch to hope for a break given the prices or other recent SP re-runs).
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 April 2018, 20:39:01 by ProtonDecay »

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 16:20:04 »
For those that are interested in moq numbers and where the drop currently sits in regards to whether a price drop will be achieved, I'd like to pose to you a question. Does it really mater what the numbers are?
As per OP's post, 5 dollars will be deducted at moq 250 from the alpha and tkl kits. Price drops for the other kits are seemingly negligible. I priced out my kit and it comes to 200+ dollars. So if both tkl and alphas got a price drop (10 bucks) that's less than 10% of my total cost estimate.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but rather pragmatic. I was in a similar boat as many of those wondering what moq we were currently sitting at, but at the end of the day, even with a price drop, this set (although it is beautiful) is too rich for my blood :(

Now if there are further drops at let's say 500 moq, that may be a different story.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 05:42:47 »
The Non-Standard kit with green mods mockup shows two R1 \| keycaps (green and purple). There are none in the PurpMods kit mockup whose Non-Standard part appears to be identical, apart from these two keys, to that of the Non-Standard kit with green mods.

Is that a render oversight or will there actually be no purple R1 \| for split backspace layouts in the PurpMods kit?

It is an oversight and we'll probably add this 1u |\ key to the Alphas, but I'll have to discuss this with the vendors first.

For the current numbers, I will ask for an update from kono.

Offline monkt

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:12:00 »
What sets would be necessary to cover the Rama M60-A?

I wish the sets on the buy site showed the sizes in every set so I could easily check for myself. Maybe it's a matter of knowing that certain kits match specific standards, but as someone new, I'd feel more comfortable if I could confirm everything myself by checking against my own keymap.

So far I'm thinking, alphas and non-standard? Or do I need to buy TKL just for an enter and tab key? Does non-standard include a 7u space bar? It's not labeled, so I can't tell.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:16:08 »
What sets would be necessary to cover the Rama M60-A?

Or do I need to buy TKL just for an enter and tab key? Does non-standard include a 7u space bar? It's not labeled, so I can't tell.

Alphas, TKL, and Non-Standard.

Yes, and yes.

Offline poolside

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 17:37:01 »

It is an oversight and we'll probably add this 1u |\ key to the Alphas, but I'll have to discuss this with the vendors first.

Thanks  :thumb:

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 23:19:58 »
 :thumb: Here are the artisans!

3 will be givenaway: each vendor (KONO, MYKEYBOARDS.EU, and zFrontier) will have 1 to giveaway to a lucky GB participant thru RNG

a certain amount of these artisans will be available worldwide for those who join from KONO, MYKEYBOARDS.EU, or zFrontier to purchase.

Raffle or FCFS TBD, please tell us which do you prefer :thumb:

194959-0

Offline Sinistra

• New to this hobby. Sorry for stupid questions.
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 10:55:36 »
Hello! I'm new here, but I'm about to join the GB for the keycaps and I was wondering: what are the chances that I won't receive a numpad if I order one? I'm not sure if I understood it correctly, but is it true that if majority of the orders were for the TKL/Alphas/Novelties that I may just be refunded the price for the numpad and not receive one? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:02:36 »
Hello! I'm new here, but I'm about to join the GB for the keycaps and I was wondering: what are the chances that I won't receive a numpad if I order one? I'm not sure if I understood it correctly, but is it true that if majority of the orders were for the TKL/Alphas/Novelties that I may just be refunded the price for the numpad and not receive one? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Hi, numpad is safe so there's no need to worry. Kono will post an update soon with an update.

Offline lekashman

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:49:49 »
Group Buy Update!

I am back from my wild adventures in China - apologies for the delay on posting this update.

First - we have hit the drop points for Alphas and TKLs. The prices will be adjusted today, and people who have participated in the group buy should receive refunds for those two sets. Everyone will receive a $5 refund per Alpha or TKL set that they purchased.

Second - two other sets have vastly outperformed what we expected - Novelties and Non-Standard. We are going to provide the same sort of $5 refund per purchase, and lower the prices by $5 as well for all future orders. As an example - If you purchased one 2x Alphas, 2x TKLs, and one Novelties Set, you would receive a $25 refund. There are several hundred orders to process this refund for, so please be patient.

A few additional housekeeping tidbits. We are going to be adding a 1u pipe key (| \) to the Alphas set. This will not affect the price.
We will be announcing a giveaway shortly from Kono for one person to win a Troubled Minds set with a custom artisan made specifically for this group buy, as well a custom sleeve contributed by Mykeyboard.eu. Winners will be able to pick their sleeve size.

Remember - if you are joining from China or Europe, please check out the awesome proxies for Troubled Minds!
ZFrontier (the Chinese proxy) - https://www.zfrontier.com/m/3594
Mykeyboard.eu (the European proxy) - https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/category/group-buys/sa-troubled-minds_45/

Pictured below are some sweet renders of the Purple Mods - for your consideration!

Offline beekey

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:33:41 »
Nice, thanks for the update! Looking forward to the set.

Offline monkt

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 14:37:19 »
Would Alphas + 40s cover both Planck and Minivan layouts?

Also, I can't seem to find any 40% renders. Are there any?

Offline cheunjm

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 14:55:22 »
So sad Enter/Tab is not in Non-Standard... I wish people can just fill their "non-standard" boards with just alpha + non-standard, not having to spend additional $60 to buy TKL for two keys (tab and enter). I mean, which "non-standard" keyboards don't have enter and tab keys? People shouldn't have to buy a TKL set to fill their non-standard set. TKL is for TKL, and non-standard is for non-standard.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 19:06:19 »
So sad Enter/Tab is not in Non-Standard... I wish people can just fill their "non-standard" boards with just alpha + non-standard, not having to spend additional $60 to buy TKL for two keys (tab and enter). I mean, which "non-standard" keyboards don't have enter and tab keys? People shouldn't have to buy a TKL set to fill their non-standard set. TKL is for TKL, and non-standard is for non-standard.

I understand what you're saying, but TKL is for standard builds and non-standard is meant to fill in the gaps for whatever non-standard keyboard one might have, not really intended as a mod kit on its own.

Offline monkt

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 20:06:42 »

I understand what you're saying, but TKL is for standard builds and non-standard is meant to fill in the gaps for whatever non-standard keyboard one might have, not really intended as a mod kit on its own.

The SA Pulse drop that just ended included these with their Hobbyist kit for just the reasons mentioned here, I think. It's such a nice idea, and I hope it catches on. I imagine there are a good number of people for whom this would mean the difference between a buy and a pass, financially. Plus it just seems to make sense conceptually once you see it done that way.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 23:56:30 »
The current kits will stay as is, unless a CRITICAL change is needed. There are too many opinions to sift through, either you join as is or not. It's not changing.

Offline monkt

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 10:04:35 »
The current kits will stay as is, unless a CRITICAL change is needed. There are too many opinions to sift through, either you join as is or not. It's not changing.

I wasn't suggesting they should be changed now. That would obviously be impractical, and I apologize if it came across as a demand, or even a request. Was just pointing out that it's a nice innovation that I hope will get consideration in future offerings.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 10:35:45 »

I wasn't suggesting they should be changed now. That would obviously be impractical, and I apologize if it came across as a demand, or even a request. Was just pointing out that it's a nice innovation that I hope will get consideration in future offerings.

I understand some people's frustration with the kits, I tried to accommodate most requests during the interest check so it's not like the kits were put together randomly as some people imply. It's been suggested a couple of times, but changing anything now is impractical like you said. I apologize  for the curt reply, but I wanted to make it clear to everyone (not you specifically) that saying "I'm not joining because of x" won't change anything.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 May 2018, 10:50:49 by thesiscamper »

Offline monkt

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 11:23:24 »
I understand some people's frustration with the kits, I tried to accommodate most requests during the interest check so it's not like the kits were put together randomly as some people imply. It's been suggested a couple of times, but changing anything now is impractical like you said. I apologize  for the curt reply, but I wanted to make it clear to everyone (not you specifically) that saying "I'm not joining because of x" won't change anything.

Everything you say here is completely reasonable. And I appreciate that you're still actively listening to everyone's thoughts. That's the most that can be expected at this stage of the creation process.

Personally, I'm still hoping to scrape together the funds to support this project. If it wasn't such a wonderful design, no one would be frustrated about kit options.

Offline QuiteFrankly13

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 19:03:17 »
Just joined the group buy today! First group buy and first GH post. I managed to pick up a leftover Berserk SA kit off of Taobao and I couldn't be happier with it. Really looking forward to when this ships so I'll have both the EVA Unit 01 and 02 set!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 19:39:05 »
Here's an updated mock-up for the Alphas with the added R1 1u pipe key:

Everything you say here is completely reasonable. And I appreciate that you're still actively listening to everyone's thoughts. That's the most that can be expected at this stage of the creation process.

Personally, I'm still hoping to scrape together the funds to support this project. If it wasn't such a wonderful design, no one would be frustrated about kit options.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Just joined the group buy today! First group buy and first GH post. I managed to pick up a leftover Berserk SA kit off of Taobao and I couldn't be happier with it. Really looking forward to when this ships so I'll have both the EVA Unit 01 and 02 set!

Welcome and thanks for joining the group buy! I'm glad you're satisfied with Berserk too! :)

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 22:44:05 »
Hooray refunds! Dulls the sting of making sure I can outfit every possible board, this is the best looking set, ever.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 05:02:10 »

Show Image

woop woop! even though it was just a render mistake, still a nice surprise for me

Offline Sinistra

• New to this hobby. Sorry for stupid questions.
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 06:11:02 »
I had a stupid question about the price reduction here. I answered it myself by actually reading and not being an idiot. Since I can't delete it, I will just leave it here with a thank you and a congratulations to everyone who are participating in this groupbuy and have made the refund/reduction in price possible! :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 May 2018, 06:17:47 by Sinistra »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 09:48:04 »
Hooray refunds! Dulls the sting of making sure I can outfit every possible board, this is the best looking set, ever.

Yeeeee! Thank you for joining.:)

Show Image

woop woop! even though it was just a render mistake, still a nice surprise for me

I honestly missed that and it was not included before, but thank you for pointing it out  :thumb:

I had a stupid question about the price reduction here. I answered it myself by actually reading and not being an idiot. Since I can't delete it, I will just leave it here with a thank you and a congratulations to everyone who are participating in this groupbuy and have made the refund/reduction in price possible! :D

I'm glad you have it sorted out, and thank you too :D

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 19:40:36 »
In for alphas and purpmods. So exccited for this set. Would appreciate knowing if purpmods reached moq?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:06:01 »
In for alphas and purpmods. So exccited for this set. Would appreciate knowing if purpmods reached moq?

kono told me they plan to have all the kits made, and purple mods is almost at MOQ but we don't have updated numbers from all vendors yet.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:44:54 »

kono told me they plan to have all the kits made, and purple mods is almost at MOQ but we don't have updated numbers from all vendors yet.
Awesome! I would've liked to get another set with the green mods but buying the tkl for just enter and tab would make it too expensive, haha. And then novelties would've been required too :D

Really like the DIE and white joker key too but there are so many keys that doesn't make sense with purpmods, but it keeps the overall cost under 200$ which is my mental limit of feeling that i spent to much haha

Offline rowie

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 09:54:33 »
I’m in for all except Nordeuk and colverak. Trying to decide if I should buy extra novelties or extra alphas. Extra novelties would insure more coverage for more keyboards while extra alphas will allow another keeb to be covered. I used to have three keebs on my desk at all times(full size, Infinity Ergodox, Preonic). These days I have cut down to one and rotate depending on my mood! Maybe I’ll go back to two keebs since I currently have two alphas in my cart. I know for sure I’ll be replacing my full size keeb with the Kira I ordered. Something tells me novelties is usually what is harder to come buy. Ughhh tough call.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 10:19:05 »

Awesome! I would've liked to get another set with the green mods but buying the tkl for just enter and tab would make it too expensive, haha. And then novelties would've been required too :D

Really like the DIE and white joker key too but there are so many keys that doesn't make sense with purpmods, but it keeps the overall cost under 200$ which is my mental limit of feeling that i spent to much haha

I’m in for all except Nordeuk and colverak. Trying to decide if I should buy extra novelties or extra alphas. Extra novelties would insure more coverage for more keyboards while extra alphas will allow another keeb to be covered. I used to have three keebs on my desk at all times(full size, Infinity Ergodox, Preonic). These days I have cut down to one and rotate depending on my mood! Maybe I’ll go back to two keebs since I currently have two alphas in my cart. I know for sure I’ll be replacing my full size keeb with the Kira I ordered. Something tells me novelties is usually what is harder to come buy. Ughhh tough call.

Thank you for joining!  :thumb:

Here are the updated numbers for the kits :)

195326-0

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 12:50:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks for the update!
So the purpmods kit will be made for sure?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:12:03 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks for the update!
So the purpmods kit will be made for sure?

Yes I just got confirmation from kono that all kits will be made. :)

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:14:42 »

Fantastic news!

Offline rowie

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:22:50 »

Thank you! Now I don't have to worry since I went fully in. I ended up getting extra novelties with mine. Hope we can get the final numbers once the drop ends please.  :thumb:

ETA: This set is my favorite out of all your creations.  ;)

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:31:12 »
I'm also in as of today! :)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:02:39 »

Thank you! Now I don't have to worry since I went fully in. I ended up getting extra novelties with mine. Hope we can get the final numbers once the drop ends please.  :thumb:

ETA: This set is my favorite out of all your creations.  ;)

I'm also in as of today! :)

Thank you for joining! kono will post more details about the group buy soon™, with updated numbers and such. Really huge thanks to everyone who supported the set, and the well-wishers too.. and also the not so well-wishers thank you! :D

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 19:18:20 »
Thank you for joining! kono will post more details about the group buy soon™, with updated numbers and such. Really huge thanks to everyone who supported the set, and the well-wishers too.. and also the not so well-wishers thank you! :D

And a special thanks to you dude for running this again and for making this such an awesome run with eu proxy and everything.
And for putting innthe time to design these awesome sets!

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 19:21:39 »
If only Kono would allow pickup from their Utah warehouse. Getting charged both shipping and tax and for something I could go pick up in 15 minutes is a little too much for me.

Offline lekashman

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 17:57:34 »
The Group Buy window for Troubled Minds is closing today. Due to heavy interest in the set, as well as several kits not reaching the MOQ specified by our internal pricing model, we are going to be keeping Troubled Minds available for purchasing beyond today. Our plan is to place an order with Signature Plastics for approximately 125% of the total group buy orders made by end of day today. We will then put hard inventory caps on each of the keycap kits, meaning when they run out, they are gone until the next group buy (which may be a while!).

In addition, at midnight tonight (PST), we will be raising the prices on the kits by $5 per set for Alphas, Novelties, Non-Standard, Purple Mods and TKL sets and $3 per set for all remaining kits.

A few housekeeping notes about Group Buys in general. Please be aware that once we place the purchase order, we do in fact transfer money to Signature Plastics to begin production. This means that after Monday, we will have essentially finalized the order and are committing to produce that many keycap sets.

TLDR: If you are having second thoughts about buying this set, please have them by midnight tonight.

For all Kono orders, please contact support@kono.store.

We have communicated with both zFrontier and mykeyboard.eu and believe that they will be offering the same as we are on Kono.

Offline vodanhdaisu

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 05:46:47 »
Thank you for your information
This is my first groupbuy and my first post on Geekhack
I've made a place of GB of this awesome keycap in konostore

I have 2 questions:
I'm from Vietnam, I would like to ask should I buy from zfrontier or konostore in order to get the keycap quicker and easier?
Which profile of keycap will be produced? Sorry, I did not join 1st stage of this GB before

Thank you

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 06:55:09 »
Thank you for your information
This is my first groupbuy and my first post on Geekhack
I've made a place of GB of this awesome keycap in konostore

I have 2 questions:
I'm from Vietnam, I would like to ask should I buy from zfrontier or konostore in order to get the keycap quicker and easier?
Which profile of keycap will be produced? Sorry, I did not join 1st stage of this GB before

Thank you

the profile of the keycaps will be SA.
as for the which vendor to buy from, in terms of cost, I'm not sure it makes a difference for vietnam because vietnam is in the ASEAN economic group, which I believe China isn't, so there's probably still VAT either way.
in terms of convenience I think from konostore will be easier and quicker in that case because it doesn't  ship twice (USA->China->Vietnam).~

Just trying to help because these are last minutes, my answers are not fact, just speculation :p

Offline vodanhdaisu

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 07:57:09 »
Thank you for your reply
I would like to ask 1 more question : what switch is it compatible?
I joined groupbuy this set because I want it to fit on my Kira keyboard which I backed in kickstarter. I haven't choose the switch for the keyboard yet

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 08:36:48 »
Thank you for your reply
I joined groupbuy this set because I want it to fit on my Kira keyboard which I backed in kickstarter. I haven't choose the switch for the keyboard yet

It is compatible with MX switches.

Offline rowie

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 10:43:15 »
And the long wait begins! Love the Kono description “If you don’t buy it, the joke’s on you.”

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 07:55:25 »
Thank you for your reply

As eyedrop has said, it will fit MX-compatible switches like the ones offered in the Kira kickstarter campaign. Thanks for joining both buys! :D

Offline ProtonDecay

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 17:02:55 »
Now we just need a really nice desk pad!

KBDFans had one back in April (so most people buying this set missed it anyway), which would have been amazing if it did not have any quotes/text on it, and maybe a bit more premium like with an edge stitch to better match the set.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 May 2018, 17:05:33 by ProtonDecay »

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 17:35:14 »
If you can get a deskpad with the same quality as the ones from Novelkeyz, I would be all over it.  Nothing too busy design wise but would be really cool
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline ullr

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 19:52:29 »
Might be putting the cart before the horse here, but PM me if you’re in the US, you got the purple mods, and would be potentially interested in trading the three eva novelties for the seventeen joker novelties in the novelties kit next year (I’ll message back around shipping time)

Sorry to bump the thread

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #100 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 10:13:32 »
Please excuse the potentially beginner question, as I am very new to many of the finer aspects of this hobby... Why are there two F and J keys in the Alphas set? Are they different in any way?

Very excited for this keyset, building my first DIY board around it!
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 May 2018, 11:39:37 by PoochZag »
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline sroop

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 11:05:11 »
Please excuse the potentially beginner question, as I am very new to many of the finer aspects of this hobby... Why are there two F and J keys in the Alphas set? Are they different in any way?

Very excited for this keyset, building my first board around it!

Welcome! One pair are the scooped homing keys (instead of bumps or bars) and the other pair are normal keys.

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:08:17 »
I joined this group buy on Kono this morning. I just found this thread and noticed that the group buy should have closed on the 11th. Is it still open or was it a glitch that let me join?
Custom KC60

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:11:30 »
I joined this group buy on Kono this morning. I just found this thread and noticed that the group buy should have closed on the 11th. Is it still open or was it a glitch that let me join?

The Group Buy window for Troubled Minds is closing today. Due to heavy interest in the set, as well as several kits not reaching the MOQ specified by our internal pricing model, we are going to be keeping Troubled Minds available for purchasing beyond today. Our plan is to place an order with Signature Plastics for approximately 125% of the total group buy orders made by end of day today. We will then put hard inventory caps on each of the keycap kits, meaning when they run out, they are gone until the next group buy (which may be a while!).

In addition, at midnight tonight (PST), we will be raising the prices on the kits by $5 per set for Alphas, Novelties, Non-Standard, Purple Mods and TKL sets and $3 per set for all remaining kits.

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:14:49 »

Ya, I should have read the whole thread before posting that.
Custom KC60

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 22:18:20 »
R1 set with Gen.s and Krytone artisans.

196680-0

196682-1

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 07:57:17 »
R1 set with Gen.s and Krytone artisans.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Is than an MOA KIRA TKL? :cool:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 23:30:39 »

Offline mtuanvu

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 03:53:57 »

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 02:02:28 »
So did the 40s kit hit moq? Or is the preorder inventory sold out?

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 09:31:29 »

Not sure about preorder inventory but

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 12:46:41 »

Not sure about preorder inventory but

I’m thinking the kit sold out, as a lot of the others are still available. I’ll just have to try and find one on r/mm when they start getting delivered.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 10:37:51 »
Surprisingly you can still buy them on Kono. Most of the kits are available. I am not too fond of the mods, but just join the GB for Alphas and Numpad, will combine them with contrasting mods from other sets (will look great with Symbiosis mods). Still on track to be delivered in March 2019.
Joined SP-SA GB in late Nov to get delivery on Mar  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 15:08:15 »
Im really glad that kono ordered extras and let us keep ordering after the initial buy closed. Initially I only bought alphas, mods, and novelties but my plans have changed a bit since then so it was a blessing to be able to grab the non-standard and numpad kits off of there.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 09:50:20 »
Any status report on production? :)

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 10:53:32 »
This is from the kono.store weekly group buy updates page. Probably the best place to check for updates on this set now:

"SA Troubled Minds

Signature Plastics hustled for us and is aiming to have this set done by the end of January! That means we would like get the sets into the warehouse in February 2019 instead of March. Thanks, SP!"

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 05:44:44 »
This is from the kono.store weekly group buy updates page. Probably the best place to check for updates on this set now:

"SA Troubled Minds

Signature Plastics hustled for us and is aiming to have this set done by the end of January! That means we would like get the sets into the warehouse in February 2019 instead of March. Thanks, SP!"

Thanks! 01/24 update from Kono Store reads as follows:

"SA Troubled Minds

Signature Plastics encountered some difficulty with the purple resin, so they need a bit more time. They estimate early to mid-February ship date."

Offline ullr

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 23:04:56 »
This set needs even more novelties... I would kill for some 1.5u Unit 1 keycaps

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 20:17:45 »
From kono update:

SA Troubled Minds
Signature Plastics reached out to provide some details about an unexpected challenge. “The resin was stuck in the Polar Vortex in the Midwest for 4 days and now we are buried under 2 feet of snow [and the office is closed], but it should be no longer than a week.” If you didn’t know, that region of the US experienced -40 F / -40 C or lower temperatures. We’re glad their team chose to stay safe.

Hang tight everyone — the caps should be finished very soon!

Offline rowie

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 11:33:11 »
Any updates? It’s going to be mid March soon.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 11:47:31 »
Any updates? It’s going to be mid March soon.

From the most recent Kono Store weekly update:

"SA Troubled Minds
Signature Plastics has completed production! The set will be shipped to us today from SP’s facility in Oregon.

Due to high volume of sales, we were able to do a second production run that will be completed much faster than typical SP production times: batch two will be done by middle of April. All groupbuy backers and most pre-sale buyers will be getting their keycaps from the original shipment, whereas those who most recently purchased the set will get theirs fulfilled in the second batch."

Offline rowie

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 14:52:52 »
Thanks! Delays as usual.

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 16:22:27 »
Hopefully soon I was just wondering the other day about these lol

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 16:26:11 »
Legend set

Offline Kurisu666

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 20:45:43 »
If anyone can help me get a hold of the Non-Standard kit I would really appreciate it. I went from TKL to 65% full time since I joined the GB :(

Offline vafan

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 20:23:12 »
Anyone got the tracking number from Kono?

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 21:13:35 »

Nothing yet for me. I bought my kits after the initial group buy so I'm curious and nervous as to which batch my order will be fulfilled from.

Offline rowie

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 22:50:38 »

Nothing yet for me. I bought my kits after the initial group buy so I'm curious and nervous as to which batch my order will be fulfilled from.

Nothing yet for me and I joined when it was a group buy.

Offline snarfel

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 01:24:48 »
My metal build EVA01 arrived in the mail today, was looking for keycaps to match and found out this GB had EVA01 novelties just now. Will Kono be selling extras when they hit the warehouse? Do we need 2x novelties to fill out TKL/100% with EVA01 mods?

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 07:48:20 »
You should only need one set of novelties to fill any board, not sure about extras though.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 05:31:01 »
I bought in the very day it opened, still no tracking.. I believe they are still sorting

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 18:48:41 »
I bought in the very day it opened, still no tracking.. I believe they are still sorting

They just updated 3/21

Signature Plastics has shipped us the orders and they have arrived at the warehouse this week. Fulfillment for backers and the majority of first-come-first-serve buyers will start early next week.

👍
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 March 2019, 06:54:48 by iRumy3 »

Offline online

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 12:52:44 »
How about EU order via mykeyboard.eu? First batch I suppose?

Offline vafan

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 22:08:34 »

They just updated 3/21

They left that messages for 2 weeks

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 21:35:37 »

They left that messages for 2 weeks

No, they updated it slightly to say that they have received the caps at their own warehouse and that they will be shipping out early this week. Hopefully shipping notifications will start flowing soon.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 19:33:03 »
According to kono these should start shipping this week :)

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 06:00:16 »

I for one am ready good sir! I have been planning this build for over a year and I absolutely can not wait!! You made all this possible, TY ;D

Holy panda, Kira EXS, All purple mono Troubled minds . :eek:

Ohhh dont forget this little guy>

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 March 2019, 06:02:55 by DillonHightower »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 07:28:53 »

I for one am ready good sir! I have been planning this build for over a year and I absolutely can not wait!! You made all this possible, TY ;D

Holy panda, Kira EXS, All purple mono Troubled minds . :eek:

Show Image

Ohhh dont forget this little guy>
Show Image

That is seriously impressive, and that keywok looks perfect.

EU orders should start shipping next week according to necromanx.

Offline online

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 08:34:05 »
will there be SA Troubled Minds PurpMods extra?
regretting not getting it...

Offline rowie

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 20:00:21 »
Yay! I got an alert from Fedex and it’s coming from Utah where Kono warehouse is located.  :eek:  Crossing my fingers that nothing is missing when I get it. For now, I’m so excited. Thought I’d check in and let this thread know.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 20:04:01 »
Yay! I got an alert from Fedex and it’s coming from Utah where Kono warehouse is located.  :eek:  Crossing my fingers that nothing is missing when I get it. For now, I’m so excited. Thought I’d check in and let this thread know.

Glad to hear its moving! Can't wait for mine to ship out  :)

Offline rowie

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 20:09:44 »

I know right. This drop felt like a super long wait compared to other SA drops I joined. Maybe cause I really like this theme.  Mine says it’s supposed to arrive Monday, but I’ll check in again when they arrive.  Hope you get an alert from Fedex soon.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 20:33:01 »

I know right. This drop felt like a super long wait compared to other SA drops I joined. Maybe cause I really like this theme.  Mine says it’s supposed to arrive Monday, but I’ll check in again when they arrive.  Hope you get an alert from Fedex soon.
I'm international, so it's probably going to be a little longer for me. SP group buy waits are brutal, that's for sure.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SM-G975F から送信

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 05:39:20 »
Just got notification that my order has shipped. :D should come by end of this week.

Offline online

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 08:17:57 »
Got mine today!
need to build a board for it tho

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 18:31:44 »
Just got shipping info for the first portion of my order which has my alphas, mods, and novelties in it. Looks like I might be waiting till april for my numpad and non-standard kits which I ordered a couple months back though.

Edit: Yup, Kono confirmed my other kits will ship out of batch two.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2019, 20:26:42 by LevelSteam »

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:42:57 »
Stuck at work til 3 but my package was delivered.

Made my brother send a pic. Can’t wait to put them on my keyboard.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 15:45:46 »
Sweeeeeet do share some post build pics. Joined late waiting for second run at SP.

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 17:22:24 »
Didn't think it would take me 30 minutes to swap out all keys with new ones lol.

Finally finished and I am loving this set, now i just need to get berserker set lol

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 17:39:51 »
Didn't think it would take me 30 minutes to swap out all keys with new ones lol.

Finally finished and I am loving this set, now i just need to get berserker set lol

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice, thank you for the photos! Still waiting for mine, curious how all purple will look in person :)

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #150 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 17:55:08 »
Very nice!

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 18:12:33 »
hope mine shows up soon my order was confirmed but havent gotten ship info yet.

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 19:25:30 »
Just got 'parts' to fix my mop and it's time to do some cleaning job! :-)
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline rowie

« Reply #153 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 16:25:12 »
Mine just came in. Now for the fun part of checking if any keys are missing. Crossing my fingers. These look amazing in real life. So excited.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 21:14:32 »
Alright, This is amazing ! Thanks soooo much @Thesis!!! Calling this the Thesis combo, It is just the right type of bad ass.

Offline rowie

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 21:16:45 »
Thank goodness nothing is missing.

Nice shot Dillon!

ETA: In the heat of the moment I forgot to as well thank Thesiscamper for this wonderful theme. Hope everyone gets their sets safely with nothing missing. I'm off to explore these on my keebs. This has been a long wait, but worth it, and it was a fun group buy.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 April 2019, 21:44:38 by rowie »

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 21:45:38 »
Nice shot Dillon!

This was the first group buy that ive been a part of that didnt have missing keys! Amazing work by kono Team and thesis!

Thanks mam, looks like you have some building to do as well!  :thumb:

Offline rowie

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 22:04:31 »
Nice shot Dillon!

This was the first group buy that ive been a part of that didnt have missing keys! Amazing work by kono Team and thesis!

Same here and also SA Pulse, SA Carbon was the only nightmare I had with replacements for the rolling bones kit with some marbling on some keys in that set upon close inspection (MD did send me extra replacements for the wait I had to endure). Yes I’m going crazy deciding. I think I’ll start with Thesiscamper’s Kira.  ;D

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 12:17:21 »
Bought from Kono, arrived safe, but mods had two green F11's, no green F5. I'm not terribly picky, but there's no purple F5-F8. Other than writing Kono Store, what does one do here?

Anyone else out there with no F11's and two F5's?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 17:13:53 »
Nice shot Dillon!

Nice shot Dillon!

Thank you for the support too, glad you like the set  :)

Bought from Kono, arrived safe, but mods had two green F11's, no green F5. I'm not terribly picky, but there's no purple F5-F8. Other than writing Kono Store, what does one do here?

Anyone else out there with no F11's and two F5's?

The purple F5 to F8 keys are only included with the all purple mods kit. For the duplicate and missing keys, there's not much to do other than seeking support from kono, I'm sure they will make it right. This is probably a sorting issue on Signature Plastic's side.

« Last Edit: Sun, 07 April 2019, 17:22:07 by thesiscamper »

Offline matrixzj

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 07:08:39 »
I joined gb via zFrontier. There are 12 keycaps in spacebar kit. But 4 of them are missing. In another words, only 66% was shipped. WTF
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 April 2019, 07:11:40 by matrixzj »
Discord:Matrix#6203

HHKB Fanatics

SA/GMK Keycaps Info

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 10:28:10 »
I joined gb via zFrontier. There are 12 keycaps in spacebar kit. But 4 of them are missing. In another words, only 66% was shipped. WTF
Show Image

Please contact zFrontier. The agreement as far as I know is SP will sort all the caps before shipping to vendors.

Offline matrixzj

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 10:32:24 »
Show Image

Please contact zFrontier. The agreement as far as I know is SP will sort all the caps before shipping to vendors.

Has contacted. But no any fulfill ETA for my missing! I am very disappointment with zFrontier service.

Compared to it, I have joined SA Pulse R3 gb at the same time. I found that 1 keycap was missing in Alpha kit. MD shipped missing one within 1 months.
Discord:Matrix#6203

HHKB Fanatics

SA/GMK Keycaps Info

Offline HS_Tri

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 14:10:48 »
My Non-Standard kit is missing an R2 PGUP but has one R4 DEL too many. Anyone with the opposite issue?

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 21:03:56 »
Thanks again for re-running this set! It was my unicorn for quite a while.

Most of my caps are here and none are missing (my numpad and non-standard kits will be shipping from batch two). Im very happy with them though, will be happier once my numpad matches. :)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 23:42:46 »
Thanks again for re-running this set! It was my unicorn for quite a while.

Most of my caps are here and none are missing (my numpad and non-standard kits will be shipping from batch two). Im very happy with them though, will be happier once my numpad matches. :)

Thank you for joining, I hope you get your remaining kits soon!

Offline Wintervocal

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 09:38:28 »
What font did end up on the keycaps? The actual labels look different from the mock-up images and the italic on the 'ß' key is somewhat jarring.

Also, is it normal to not have a R2 'Z' key in the international kit (you know, like ze Germans use it)?

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 14:46:17 »
Quick question.
I have a ducky mini, so its a 60%.
If i get the alphas amd the novelties will i have a full board or will i be missing keys?
Cant figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 12:11:48 »
Quick question.
I have a ducky mini, so its a 60%.
If i get the alphas amd the novelties will i have a full board or will i be missing keys?
Cant figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ducky mini is standard layout so you'd need alphas + (TKL or Purple Mods)

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 12:18:42 »
Anyone know if the second batch has started shipping? Ordered another alpha kit after the initial buy and haven't seen movement on it yet.

nvm got shipping notice just as I typed this, lol
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2019, 12:59:39 by Rumblehotep »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #170 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 23:13:07 »
Kono, thank you for shipping my missing key!

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 06:24:44 »
Alright, I need this with all purple mods to go with my Mitolet set.