Author Topic: 2 MKN88 PCBs Shorted within 2 weeks  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Kalantino

2 MKN88 PCBs Shorted within 2 weeks
« on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 14:06:45 »
I recently built my Monokei x Hand Engineering Kage for the first time with a hotswap pcb and the entire left arrow column doesn't work. When I connect to VIA, it looks like the entire column is being continually pressed. I used my second PCB becuase I thought maybe the first was bad and the same thing happened 2 weeks later. Am I just unlucky or is there an issue with this particular PCB?

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: 2 MKN88 PCBs Shorted within 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 20:15:32 »
I'm not too well versed in this but it's most likely an issue with the pcb considering that the same issue happened twice. You should contact whoever you bought it from and address the issues and hopefully you'll get a replacement. You should also see if other people have had the same issue, so maybe hop into the monokei or hand engineering discords to see if other people have had similar issues.

The only other way I could see the pcbs malfunctioning is if you assembled it wrong, not likely but that may be a factor. Hope the issues get resolved.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: 2 MKN88 PCBs Shorted within 2 weeks
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 22:26:28 »
Are you using screw in stabilizers?  Is it possible a screw from the stabilizers is shorting a switch pad?