Author Topic: Introducing the GH36 Programmable Matrix Keypad  (Read 204912 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Re: Introducing the GH36 Programmable Matrix Keypad
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 21:09:00 »
Excellent to see so much interest now that the project is nearing completion. Ron should be relieved too. His hard work should be enjoyed by as many people as possible.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline telnet

« Reply #401 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 00:17:21 »
Excellent to see so much interest now that the project is nearing completion. Ron should be relieved too. His hard work should be enjoyed by as many people as possible.

I'm ready for the buy.  My pcb mount switches arrived and my Gateron caps are on their way.

QFR Frosty Flake | 7bit Phantom

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #402 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 00:37:01 »
I'm very interested in this too. I would love to see a gb
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline neuronbasher

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 22:32:51 »
I would love to buy a few of these PCBs. I have a number of projects (and bags full of Gateron switches) that these would be great for. Impressive work @samwisekoi!

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #404 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 19:58:54 »
Any updates on this?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #405 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 03:56:26 »
I'm always looking for boards/pads that I can use as game pad for my right hand, and this looks perfect.

Offline telnet

« Reply #406 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 12:43:36 »
The thread has really slowed down.

Are there any plans on getting the PCB's made?

QFR Frosty Flake | 7bit Phantom

Offline VikG

« Reply #407 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:53:11 »
Hi!  Any updates on this project?  I'm very interested in seeing things progress!

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #408 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 15:13:06 »

I'm interested in this. I use AutoCAD for work and I  think this would be a perfect key pad for my left hand. Im thinking its use would be a full macro keyboard. All the keys would be assigned a  macro for all my repetitive CAD commands.
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline tanin

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:35:23 »
Would love to know whats going on with this .. link to buy the pcb's?

Offline harlw

« Reply #410 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:52:12 »
Very interested as well :D
I have a number of matrix plates on the way that could benefit from these :D
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #411 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 18:15:45 »
Marking my interest.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 02:53:56 »
I'm interested as well.  ;)

Offline braidn

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:56:17 »
Setting my interest once again. Kind of thought this held fallen through. Awesome to see the resurrected thread

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:59:27 »
Setting my interest once again. Kind of thought this held fallen through. Awesome to see the resurrected thread
Since all the recent posts are just asking for updates I wouldn't call it resurrected.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #415 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 17:50:58 »
resurrecting this, one more little bump, maybe Sam will come back to it, though **** he is gonna be swamped with the GH60 soon.

Sam, was wonderinng there any case options i could buy/have made right now for my v1 proto, i was going through my keyboard collection and decided to plug in my GH36duo, im actually typing this post on it :) its actually nicer than i remembered, much more compact than a ergodox, and from my understanding i am the only one who did mine like this. but the acrylic bars thing is so ghetto, i'm willing to complete this thing as long as its not too expensive and doesnt require me unsoldering the teensy, which essentially means i cant unsolder the switches due to the the keys under the teensy :( i guess the 3d printed tray is the only option

i guess i could build a new one from scratch as well if you had any spare pcbs to buy.

if not on either, i guess oh well, just hating this board not having a case

edit - post needs pics

« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 17:54:22 by Glod »

Offline richfiles

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 21:47:28 »
if you have access to a router, you can possibly do a "poor man's" milled wood case.

Get two blocks of nice wood and route the outer and inner dimensions of the border, deep enough to fit the board into. then just route smaller and smaller in a spiral till you just have the center to route out. Hand sand the outer surfaces, drill and file to the desired shape, any holes (such as USB). Predrill the screw holes... If you don't you might crack the wood, after all that work. For a trim piece, to cover the edge of the board, you can do a couple things... The cheapest, easiest, simplest method could be as simple as buying some ready cut trim/moulding pieces from the hardware store and attaching it around the edge, so it goes over the top edge of the keyboard. do a miter cut at the corners, and your good.

If you don't have the router even, then it's STILL possible. You'll want to get some thin pieces of nice quality wood. You might be able to even have your local hardware store cut the pieces for you, if you don't have a saw, but a hand saw will do, if you are very careful to keep your cuts nice and straight... Go slow and steady. you want to cut the four sides, and the bottom plate. You can screw the sides to the keyboard PC board, and the bottom to the sides. This is actually similar to what I'm doing with my own keyboard. I have an anodized aluminum plate, and I will screw it to four lengths of thin wood around the border. I'll then screw a solid plate onto the bottom of that wood border. A dab of wood glue in the corners of the wood border will hold it together, even when the assembly is unscrewed. This method is probably easier than the router method, as the only tools really needed are a saw (even a hand saw will do, if you are steady), a ruler, a drill or dremel to make the screw holes and the USB port, and sandpaper, a file, etc to smooth things up. Most of that can be had for really cheap at any hardware store. You may even be able to avoid sawing wood if you can find trim/moulding pieces already sized to your preferences. Then you just only cut the wood into segments, which is MUCH easier than cutting strips out with long straight lines.

Basically, if you have some basic tools, you can make this happen. You might need to spend an afternoon browsing your local hardware store or lumber shop for ideas on what could come together, but you should have something form into a workable idea.

If you have an actual mill, then you're more than set to make something like that, and could even do it in metal, but most people don't have a mill... Speaking of... I REALLY need to fix the Z axis of my mill... Quill is jammed in the down most position, ever since I moved it. I suspect it's just a small bit of debris inside it, but I just haven't had the time or space to unpack it and check it out, or to set it up.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:01:03 by richfiles »
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #417 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 23:03:53 »
i'd cut my damn fingers off, but maybe i can find someone to do it

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #418 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 16:35:06 »
resurrecting this, one more little bump, maybe Sam will come back to it, though **** he is gonna be swamped with the GH60 soon.

Sam, was wonderinng there any case options i could buy/have made right now for my v1 proto, i was going through my keyboard collection and decided to plug in my GH36duo, im actually typing this post on it :) its actually nicer than i remembered, much more compact than a ergodox, and from my understanding i am the only one who did mine like this. but the acrylic bars thing is so ghetto, i'm willing to complete this thing as long as its not too expensive and doesnt require me unsoldering the teensy, which essentially means i cant unsolder the switches due to the the keys under the teensy :( i guess the 3d printed tray is the only option

i guess i could build a new one from scratch as well if you had any spare pcbs to buy.

if not on either, i guess oh well, just hating this board not having a case

edit - post needs pics

Show Image

Yes.  I am using mine in a 3D-printed case I had made at Shapeways.  I believe that without any difficulty I can make it available for sale there.

Looking for picture now...

This is the one.  It has cable holes on both sides.  Send me another PM or an e-mail if you'd like me to release that on Shapeways.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline richfiles

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 18:28:18 »
Have you considered 3D printing a bezel piece that would sit on top the the PC board to cover the edges of the board not covered by the keys? The holes could line up with the PC board, so you screw through the bezel, through the PCB, and into the bottom shell? That might look really nice.
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #420 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 11:36:39 »
UPDATE: Prototype GH36 Case now available for purchase from Shapeways.

I have a dozen or more untried variations designed to improve the case and/or reduce cost.  This one has the virtue of having been made and put to use.

It is not as cheap as I would like, but it works.  You'll need four rubber feet and four small screws, and a little ingenuity, and it will work.

A prototype case for a prototype keyboard.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/EZEVDFF23/gh36-wedge-case-v-1-proto

- Ron | samwisekoi

3D render from shapeways.com
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2016, 11:45:43 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #421 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 14:20:39 »
Ron, are there still plans to do another run of PCBs at some point?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #422 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 00:38:52 »

If so, I'll jump on it for sure.

Offline neverused

« Reply #423 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 01:09:14 »
UPDATE: Prototype GH36 Case now available for purchase from Shapeways.

I have a dozen or more untried variations designed to improve the case and/or reduce cost.  This one has the virtue of having been made and put to use.

It is not as cheap as I would like, but it works.  You'll need four rubber feet and four small screws, and a little ingenuity, and it will work.

A prototype case for a prototype keyboard.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/EZEVDFF23/gh36-wedge-case-v-1-proto

- Ron | samwisekoi

Show Image

3D render from shapeways.com
He lives!

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #424 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 18:50:40 »

If so, I'll jump on it for sure.

I'm down for one also!

Offline Phenix

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:01:20 »
add me also
Winter is coming.

Offline harlw

« Reply #426 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 08:55:00 »
I'd be interested as well
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 15:51:14 »
Me too as well also.

Offline domsch1988

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 02:10:04 »
i'd get one or two too  :thumb:

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #429 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:29:20 »
I'd be up for one or two depending on prices!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #430 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 18:02:46 »
With Ellipse having success with his parts for the F62/F77 revival, what if we did a FGH36
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline richfiles

« Reply #431 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 20:38:45 »
Part of me is so tempted to want to get in on this, should there actually ever be a PC board group buy (I'm not aware of Ron (samwisekoi) actually setting one up yet).

125410-0
My issue, is that I think the PC board might be too big to be visually compatible with my plate mounted, hand wired keyboard. It looks like it would overhang too far beyond the outer dimensions of my keyboard. I want a matched number pad for my main keyboard, and I really don't think there's a way I can match this board up. It just looks too big. When i did my plate design, I kept the dimensions to an absolute minimum.

125412-1
I threw some Commodore 64 keycaps on for testing, and it's pretty close to the edge. The edge of the MX housing is barely over 0.25 inch (6.35 mm) from the edge of the plate. I tried to do a guestimate of the PC board size, but visually, scaled next to my keyboard, he PCB appears just a bit too big. Bummer.

Still, if the PCBs become available, I might buy, just to have them. I think I might have other projects I could use them on, like auxiliary keypads for my Kerbal Space Program controller. I'd normally stick to just my DSKY keypad, but the Danger Zone keycap set that I got has a lot of aviation themed keys... Hard to pass that up, but sadly, I'd have to leave some gaps, as some keys are not 1u or 2u keys. I'll have to consider my options if this actually ever happens.

125414-2
As a side note, the case for my keyboard was made with a $3.88 piece of oak moulding from a hardware store, a hand saw, a file, and a dremel to drill the screw holes. Super easy, and super cheap. the stain cost more than the wood! The screws are brass (plated?) and were real cheap, probably about $0.09-0.11 cents each, depending on them being the longer or shorter ones I used.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2016, 20:42:50 by richfiles »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #432 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 11:49:52 »
Part of me is so tempted to want to get in on this, should there actually ever be a PC board group buy (I'm not aware of Ron (samwisekoi) actually setting one up yet).

(Attachment Link)
My issue, is that I think the PC board might be too big to be visually compatible with my plate mounted, hand wired keyboard. It looks like it would overhang too far beyond the outer dimensions of my keyboard. I want a matched number pad for my main keyboard, and I really don't think there's a way I can match this board up. It just looks too big. When i did my plate design, I kept the dimensions to an absolute minimum.

(Attachment Link)
I threw some Commodore 64 keycaps on for testing, and it's pretty close to the edge. The edge of the MX housing is barely over 0.25 inch (6.35 mm) from the edge of the plate. I tried to do a guestimate of the PC board size, but visually, scaled next to my keyboard, he PCB appears just a bit too big. Bummer.

Still, if the PCBs become available, I might buy, just to have them. I think I might have other projects I could use them on, like auxiliary keypads for my Kerbal Space Program controller. I'd normally stick to just my DSKY keypad, but the Danger Zone keycap set that I got has a lot of aviation themed keys... Hard to pass that up, but sadly, I'd have to leave some gaps, as some keys are not 1u or 2u keys. I'll have to consider my options if this actually ever happens.

(Attachment Link)
As a side note, the case for my keyboard was made with a $3.88 piece of oak moulding from a hardware store, a hand saw, a file, and a dremel to drill the screw holes. Super easy, and super cheap. the stain cost more than the wood! The screws are brass (plated?) and were real cheap, probably about $0.09-0.11 cents each, depending on them being the longer or shorter ones I used.

Nice board and case!

The GH36 has .250 extra on all four sides, and it looks like your keyboard -- in its case -- has the same.  The physical dimensions might work.

Also, I can easily make more v.1 PCBs.  I stopped mostly because almost no one who got the proto PCBs actually built them into keyboards.   :'(

I think the dedicated controller for Kerbal is a great idea.  I've set mine up for a couple of games to good effect.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #433 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 12:02:31 »
I'm super psyched to see you post in this thread, samwisekoi. Please, please make some of these PCBs available. I'm in for one or two. I need a left-hand gaming pad to put next to my Dvorak-layout 60% keyboard. I could also set up a CAD layer, that would be awesome.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #434 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 19:28:49 »
100% down to see more of these boards made.

Ron, let me know if you need any help in terms of logistics to get this done. I'm still in for around a half-dozen of these, whenever they become available :thumb:
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #435 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 21:49:52 »
Just to keep up the momentum here, I thought I would share my dream layout for a GH36 gaming keypad.

This would be perfect for first-person shooters, at least the oldschool ones I like to mess around with (GZDoom, anyone?). I like the idea of a 2x spacebar, and a stuck a Fn key next to it for easy thumb reach. The Fn key would activate a second layer, for things like macros and such. I would probably have the 1-5 keys correspond to 6-0 on the Fn layer, for the extra weapon slots.

I would use either Gateron Blacks or 65G tactile Zealios. For caps, I would get blanks from SP, probably SA row 3, just for cool looks. I chose these colors because Signature Plastics sells SA blanks in these colors on Pimpmykeyboard.com, so I wouldn't have to pay for customs.

I would set this to the left of my 60% keyboard so I don't have to switch from Dvorak to QWERTY every time I want to play a game.

My boards:
More

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 09:26:17 »
Nice layout.  In my experience with a LH gaming board (which is WHY this thing even exists in the first place) I found that a combination of linear and tactile switches works very well.  That gives you some additional feedback that you hit (for example) Fn and not Enter.

I let feature requests get in the way of placing a second order once.  This time, I'll just fix the errors on the Proto PCB and order another 20 or so.

Also, I am happy to ship to other countries, but the USPS apparently isn't.  So single shipments per continent is probably the best way to go.  That means proxies or pass-the-plate shipping.

Looking for the CAD files now...

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #437 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 10:17:52 »
I'm thinking about cheap and easy to make case options, and I think I've come up with a good plan:

Basically a couple of end blocks, milled out of aluminum, with slots for the PCB to slide into. Then the two halves will be held in place by stainless steel dowels with tapped holes in the end.

I don't think this setup would work for a full-size board (or even a 60%) because there is nothing underneath the PCB to add support, but since this is such a short PCB at only 6 keys wide, I think this might work well.

My boards:
More

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 10:23:55 »
I'm thinking about cheap and easy to make case options, and I think I've come up with a good plan:

Show Image
Show Image

Basically a couple of end blocks, milled out of aluminum, with slots for the PCB to slide into. Then the two halves will be held in place by stainless steel dowels with tapped holes in the end.

I don't think this setup would work for a full-size board (or even a 60%) because there is nothing underneath the PCB to add support, but since this is such a short PCB at only 6 keys wide, I think this might work well.

This looks great! Will be a great companion to my 60% boards and the aluminum form looks pleasing.

Offline VikG

« Reply #439 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 07:52:30 »
I would be interested in a few PCBs! :)

Offline t8c

« Reply #440 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 08:10:02 »
Looks wonderful :D Need one for my setup!

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #441 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 11:02:24 »
Glad to see this may happen again, definitely interested in one

Offline Antacs

« Reply #442 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 14:55:43 »
I am definitely interested, though whether I would go through with it depends on how much work an actual build would be.  If it ended up being a ton of work for a finished board then I would probably pass.

That said, I really like the idea.  I have an Infinity Dox coming and I am planning on using it for something similar to this (i.e. numpad layer, gaming layer).

Offline kagey

« Reply #443 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 19:07:05 »
 :thumb: I'm in for 2

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #444 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 11:43:37 »
GH-36 Stainless Steel Plate

As you may know, I have just finished the PCB design for the GH-122.2016 and have moved on to designing a universal plate for that board.  However, the cost of error is HUGE for a 21" x 8" plate.  So I designed a plate for the GH-36.2016 that will cost me around $30 if I have 5+ made.  I am thinking of making five plates, and using one or two on my own GH-36 boards to test the universal cut-outs before I make the battleship version.  I can certainly make more now or later.

Assuming I make another run of GH-36 PCBs, is anyone else interested in plates?  If they don't work, I'll eat the cost, but if they DO, then I'll pass them along as part of the group buy.

Material is 0.060" T-304 stainless steel, 5" x 5" with mounting holes to match the PCB.

Crappy render from the water-jet place attached.

Please reply here if you are interested in one or more GH-36 plates.

Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #445 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 12:08:11 »
Interested. So how does this work for the double-sized keys? Do you have to trim out the little bars manually?

My boards:
More

Offline need

« Reply #446 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 13:33:44 »
Very interested in both PCB and Plate.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #447 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 16:52:00 »
Interested. So how does this work for the double-sized keys? Do you have to trim out the little bars manually?

Exactly.  Just 0.05", which should be enough to hold two switches horizontally and still be easy to snip out.

Offline lach

« Reply #448 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 01:57:12 »
Awesome to see activity on this project. I am looking to make a split matrix keyboard and think this is the ideal starting point. Would be keen on two pcb's when the group buy kicks off to build something like the "GH36x2 Ergo Keypads (Option B)" presented early in the project.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #449 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 08:36:46 »
Awesome to see activity on this project. I am looking to make a split matrix keyboard and think this is the ideal starting point. Would be keen on two pcb's when the group buy kicks off to build something like the "GH36x2 Ergo Keypads (Option B)" presented early in the project.

I was originally planning on doing the split keyboard option, back when this project was first announced. Since then, though, I've really come to love the 60% form factor, and I now own five 60% boards that I didn't have at that time. The idea of a left-hand gaming keypad sounds more appealing to me now than the split keyboard idea. I'm still going to order two PCBs, but I'll either create two gaming keypads or save one for future plans.

My boards:
More