Author Topic: [IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch  (Read 97983 times)

Offline Hedgey

Re: [IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 13:37:53 »
Please stop moralizing, your whole post is completely unnecessary and not very well aligned with the facts about Pandagate. There are various pieces of the puzzle that don't match up and people are either interested or concerned.

Pandagate???   :))

He'll stop moralizing when you stop vilifying OP.  You had some crazy theories that he's just going to bait and switch the testers, which makes you part of the negativity and unnecessary drama...
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 16:57:55 »
It's pretty funny because I'm pretty sure I've noticed more people than usual selling off their holy pandas/panda switches on mm. Gotta cash in on that on the chance that the new switches are identical I guess.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 17:03:36 »
It's pretty funny because I'm pretty sure I've noticed more people than usual selling off their holy pandas/panda switches on mm. Gotta cash in on that on the chance that the new switches are identical I guess.

Yes I have noticed this trend as well, pandas are everywhere on mm now

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 17:20:21 »

Pandas for everyone.

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 19:45:13 »
Will these be PCB-mount?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #205 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 21:03:41 »
Will these be PCB-mount?

I hope so too. Original Panda was not, though.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 22:50:37 »

I've been contemplating getting rid of them cause I'm leaning towards linears now lol

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #207 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 11:10:22 »

I've been contemplating getting rid of them cause I'm leaning towards linears now lol

63.5S Tealios are my new favorite.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 12:08:27 »
Is “Panda Switches” a trademark? Or is it a name that’s allowed by the OG inventor to use elsewhere?

Always good to see innovations in this community but need to get these details clarified first.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 15:09:08 »

I still have pandas but sold a batch few days before OP post, honestly i think i will regreat when (hopefully not) this will end up to not be a panda, the OG panda will raise even more. 

Please stop moralizing, your whole post is completely unnecessary and not very well aligned with the facts about Pandagate. There are various pieces of the puzzle that don't match up and people are either interested or concerned.

Pandagate???   :))

He'll stop moralizing when you stop vilifying OP.  You had some crazy theories that he's just going to bait and switch the testers, which makes you part of the negativity and unnecessary drama...

People are honestly concerned about this, it's not vilifying OP. No one is saying that he will run out with the money, i'm pretty sure he will deliver something in fact. The problem is what he will deliver.
To be totally fair, i'm mostly concerned of the manifcaturer than OP.  If you saw some of the replies from the people who knows Panda very well, you will notice that they are not blaming what OP is trying to do (even if they should imho) and if you read very carefully and know panda switches, you might understand why. From their replies you might understand why our suspects are not unfounded. 

Funnily enough, just today I've seen first Zealios V2 arriving to reviews. They all say these are much more tactile than those before. It would be pretty unexpected unfolding of events if it turns out they are actually better than Holy Pandas.

Hopefully this time is real.  I think i just had a Déjà vu

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #210 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 20:40:14 »
Can't wait for these samples to come out :p

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 21:06:42 »
Any time estimate on when the panda samples will be out?

Offline dimo

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 21:09:53 »
can I inquire at what point samples may be discharged?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 23:34:26 »
Will these be PCB-mount?

I believe the OG Pandas come with little holtites on the pins. Not sure if those will be offered in this iteration

Offline jeremyhrvtn

• keebs cases keysets switches mice trackballs
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 23:32:59 »
A legend that I never thought would reach my grasp suddenly seems at arm's length. Do it mang.

Offline crykn

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 16:11:32 »
I really want you to succeed, so I can finally get my hands on some Holy Pandas. However, I strongly urge you to visually distinguish these from Panda R1 to dispel any doubt and make it easy to tell from R1 and R2.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 23:03:59 »
... I strongly urge you to visually distinguish these from Panda R1 to dispel any doubt and make it easy to tell from R1 and R2.

So on this premise should kaihl also have visually distinguished a R1 box switch from their "fixed" R2 box switch?
Should also Cherry visually distinguish a silent black switch with incorrect spring weights from a corrected silent black switch?

I mean this way we can tell a difference right?
Asking for a friend.

Offline Allo

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 23:18:29 »
I really want you to succeed, so I can finally get my hands on some Holy Pandas. However, I strongly urge you to visually distinguish these from Panda R1 to dispel any doubt and make it easy to tell from R1 and R2.

R1 say "INVYR" on them, and it seems Invyr is not involved in this project, so that likely won't be a problem.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 04:17:56 »
... I strongly urge you to visually distinguish these from Panda R1 to dispel any doubt and make it easy to tell from R1 and R2.

So on this premise should kaihl also have visually distinguished a R1 box switch from their "fixed" R2 box switch?
Should also Cherry visually distinguish a silent black switch with incorrect spring weights from a corrected silent black switch?

Asking for a friend.

Yeah that sounds really helpful. Good idea.  :thumb:

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 15:54:40 »

Asking for a friend.

The difference is in both of your cited cases the manufacturer doesn't change.

This, on the other hand, is a completely different person building a completely new product off a new mold and saying it's the same as someone else. It's like if Cherry decided it was going to make box switches we'd probably want osme kind of system to differentiate between cherry/kailh box switches.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline dimo

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 16:01:49 »

R1 say "INVYR" on them, and it seems Invyr is not involved in this project, so that likely won't be a problem.

But asfaik it only says INVYR on the housing.

So them stem could theoretically get swapped. If I’m going to play devils advocate— which could be done endlessly, evidently from this entire thread.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 17:37:46 »
Lot of good info in this thread, curios to see what comes of this

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 15:50:07 »

Asking for a friend.

The difference is in both of your cited cases the manufacturer doesn't change.

This, on the other hand, is a completely different person building a completely new product off a new mold and saying it's the same as someone else. It's like if Cherry decided it was going to make box switches we'd probably want osme kind of system to differentiate between cherry/kailh box switches.

It's the same factory, and OP has said the OG Panda mold was not destroyed.

We will find out soon. I am pretty optimistic.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 18:36:03 »

That might be correct but unrelevant. Quoting OG Panda runner:

Uhhhhhh. The original moulds that 27 and I used for the pandas no longer exist - atleast in the state that they were for the original run.
Bsun do have very simmilar moulds but they are not the exact same.

>atleast in the state that they were for the original run

implies they if there was, they tried and that didn't produced a REAL Panda. 
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 October 2018, 18:39:02 by KaosJ »

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 00:28:03 »

That might be correct but unrelevant. Quoting OG Panda runner:

Uhhhhhh. The original moulds that 27 and I used for the pandas no longer exist - atleast in the state that they were for the original run.
Bsun do have very simmilar moulds but they are not the exact same.

>atleast in the state that they were for the original run

implies they if there was, they tried and that didn't produced a REAL Panda.

This is what I've noticed a lot of people have been questioning, as the original creator came out and said they don't have the molds anymore. I guess we'll have to just wait and see how similar they are.

Offline dimo

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 22:53:05 »
any updates ?

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #226 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 03:10:51 »
any updates ?

No man, you don't want to stir the pandagate

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 17:44:11 »
What's happened here then?

A huge announcement > Pandas dropped to $3 - at the same time it's come to light that remaking Pandas is not looking so likely > SuperVan disappears

- Waiting to see how Pandas become the new Bitcoin.

Possible timeline:
SuperVan returns > new switches are Pandas > reasonable price is what they sold for originally

Likely timelines:
SuperVan returns > new switches are expensive bsuns, no real change
SuperVan doesn't return > old Pandas are now $18 a switch > "someone" dumps a bunch of Pandas they bought for $3 a switch during Pandagate

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 18:22:56 »

A huge announcement > Pandas dropped to $3 - at the same time it's come to light that remaking Pandas is not looking so likely > SuperVan disappears

Possible timeline:
SuperVan returns > new switches are Pandas > reasonable price is what they sold for originally

Likely timelines:
SuperVan doesn't return > old Pandas are now $18 a switch > "someone" dumps a bunch of Pandas they bought for $3 a switch during Pandagate

What happened here was, as predicted based on the situation not making any sense, OP wasn't going to be providing new Pandas anytime soon.

It has only been about a month tho, maybe he'll show up again soon with more info hope so. I'd love to own HPs in my lifetime, but I think people were generally right to be skeptical here.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 November 2018, 18:40:03 by Acereconkeys »

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 19:08:40 »
What did people expect to happen? Any reasonable person would have vanished either completely or pending samples being tested.

Offline Gati

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 20:12:52 »

Possible timeline:

Likely timelines:

Or Zealios v2 wrecks the panda market entirely

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 15:51:20 »

Possible timeline:

Likely timelines:

Or Zealios v2 wrecks the panda market entirely

Not likely. Zealio v2's are much closer to improved royals than a competitor to HPs. Reviews I've seen and the description from Zeal make it pretty obvious that there is no lead-in to the tactile bump which is one of the main selling points of HPs imo.

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 16:51:28 »
To be honest, just use retooled blues.

They're so close to HPs, even at a $1 for Panda housing the price is a bit much.

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 17:51:30 »

They're so close to HPs, even at a $1 for Panda housing the price is a bit much.

Retooled blues would be perfect if it wasn't for the binding issue on the housings. You have to drill the housings.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 18:10:03 »

Retooled blues would be perfect if it wasn't for the binding issue on the housings. You have to drill the housings.

Yeah, and spring weight also matters.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 18:28:27 »

Possible timeline:

Likely timelines:

-Tinfoil hat on- It was all a plan for SuperVan to purchase some holy pandas for himself at $3 a pop.

Offline gbchk

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 11:56:41 »

Isn't this only an issue with certain keycaps?

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 13:18:39 »

In my experience it only happened with GMK caps. But, from what i'm reading it may more have to do with the dimensions of the keycap, so ymmv. You'll have to just test/experiment.

Isn't this only an issue with certain keycaps?

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
« Reply #238 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 13:48:49 »
Watch, this was totally just an elaborate plot to lower panda prices for a brief period of time to let OP grab some switches and disappear lmao
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #239 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 17:04:06 »
Watch, this was totally just an elaborate plot to lower panda prices for a brief period of time to let OP grab some switches and disappear lmao

Actually tru  :-[

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #240 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 17:11:51 »

big brane

Offline Solotov

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 02:58:34 »
Man, I do still have my hope up. Wish this was not just a scam.
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 05:06:28 »
lol already have halo trues ready for this!

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 17:59:57 »
I've sent the new panda samples to Quakemz, Walkerstop, MMKB and Nathan Kim more than a week. They will present all information to you guys and compare with the old samples after they received the samples. Detractors won't stop defaming me whether new pandas is as same as old pandas (except the logo) or not. They are all stakeholders. The cost of a rumor is too low, so stupid petty traders defame me again and again because they are afraid of new pandas' coming. As same as the way they defamed me, I can say these traders are too poor. They need the money from pandas' trading to improve their life a little. I sympathize with these detractors because of their embarassment currently. Maybe I will think about providing donation for them after the GB finished. Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things. Actually I have finshed running a GB successfully last year. If you hate me, you can attack me with your current evidence. Defaming with out any evidence is a pitiable display. Shame on these stupid rumormongers. I don't expect someone will support me. Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Offline dimo

[IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 18:06:25 »
I've sent the new panda samples to Quakemz, Walkerstop, MMKB and Nathan Kim more than a week. They will present all information to you guys and compare with the old samples after they received the samples. Detractors won't stop defaming me whether new pandas is as same as old pandas (except the logo) or not. They are all stakeholders. The cost of a rumor is too low, so stupid petty traders defame me again and again because they are afraid of new pandas' coming. As same as the way they defamed me, I can say these traders are too poor. They need the money from pandas' trading to improve their life a little. I sympathize with these detractors because of their embarassment currently. Maybe I will think about providing donation for them after the GB finished. Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things. Actually I have finshed running a GB successfully last year. If you hate me, you can attack me with your current evidence. Defaming with out any evidence is a pitiable display. Shame on these stupid rumormongers. I don't expect someone will support me. Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Jesus help us all.

Excited for the reviews.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #245 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 18:10:11 »

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

What the actual f* lol

Anyway looking forward for the reviews

Offline dimo

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 18:10:20 »
bUt tHE sAmpLEs aRe jUSt oLD PAnDaS wITh nEw hOuSiNGs

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 18:23:56 »
This thread just went from a solid 6 to an 11. May Jesus guide us to HP nirvana.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 18:32:37 »
father, son, and holy panda

Why do you look for the living among the dead? The pandas are not here; they have risen! Remember how SuperVan told you, while he was still with you in Galilee....

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #249 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 18:49:13 »
I was told the package was shipped to me last Monday. I imagine it will arrive soon. I will of course be letting my thoughts be known here once I experiment with them and tune them the same as I tuned the original holy panda board.