Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 774808 times)

Offline Cerasis

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2650 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 10:46:29 »
Is it normal to have a premium kit without any tracking number or anything? Any other premium kits in the US not have any?

I believe the keysets aren't in possession of gb runners yet. I opted for my shipping to get split, which means my keyset/switches will get sent at a later date.
How can I opt into this haha? At this point I rather have the board and wait on the keys

PM'd and was asking about refunds with the previous(also fake) statement about it. Yuktsi says he's gonna ship mine and shoulder cost of shipping the set/switches at a later date, i took it. No reason to do it at this point, though since the keysets are arriving or should be arriving soon if OCO did drop them off at the time they said they would.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2651 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 13:33:27 »
On the topic of keyset, does anyone who has received their Exent also have "Matt3o /dev/tty"? I'm joining R2 and am curious about how it looks on the Exent.

Offline Data

« Reply #2652 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 18:58:33 »
What a disaster.  This keyboard is a piece of ****.  Bootmapper goes into an infinite reboot loop every time I try to flash a keymap and I'm pretty sure I have an entire column not connected.  Whoever did QA on these boards should be shot.  TARO is ****ing worthless and nobody associated with this GB should ever be allowed near a keyboard again.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2653 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 19:46:11 »
What a disaster.  This keyboard is a piece of ****.  Bootmapper goes into an infinite reboot loop every time I try to flash a keymap and I'm pretty sure I have an entire column not connected.  Whoever did QA on these boards should be shot.  TARO is ****ing worthless and nobody associated with this GB should ever be allowed near a keyboard again.

Ugh fuk i'm starting to worry when i get my board later.

Offline energyd

« Reply #2654 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 21:27:06 »
Still can't get the PCB working. Is there a possibility to get a replacement PCB?

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #2655 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 00:40:50 »
Still can't get the PCB working. Is there a possibility to get a replacement PCB?
What's the problem with it? Did you see my post about my issue?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2656 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 01:21:11 »
My z row isn't responding at all.

any way to fix this?

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #2657 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 03:48:13 »

At first I didn’t know about a macos version of bootmapper (I only run on macos). So I created a virtual machine with windows 10, and it failed very hard to flash anything on the keyboard. But then I discovered the native macos version of bootmapper and it work like a charm. So I don’t know which setup you used, but maybe it can be a source of issue if you use a virtual machine.

I did not face any other issue while flashing, all my keys are working, strange issue that some have :/

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2658 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 04:50:37 »

At first I didn’t know about a macos version of bootmapper (I only run on macos). So I created a virtual machine with windows 10, and it failed very hard to flash anything on the keyboard. But then I discovered the native macos version of bootmapper and it work like a charm. So I don’t know which setup you used, but maybe it can be a source of issue if you use a virtual machine.

I did not face any other issue while flashing, all my keys are working, strange issue that some have :/

Presumably its with the initial soldering of the board. People, including me, with row/column problems can't do anything software wise to fix the problems. I'm pretty much unable to mess with smd components so i'll need to go to some shop to get mine repaired. Quite annoying, to be honest, but better than a **** looking board with a perfectly working pcb.

Offline energyd

« Reply #2659 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 08:00:53 »
What's the problem with it? Did you see my post about my issue?

row starting from the left shift not working at all.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2660 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 08:29:01 »
Oh okay, and the other keys work?

Have you tried resetting the prom thingy like I did in the software?

Offline energyd

« Reply #2661 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 08:33:45 »

yea, tried everything software/firmware wise without success. It could be the MCU soldering. Might need to add some solder to the pins around the MCU

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2662 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 08:41:48 »

yea, tried everything software/firmware wise without success. It could be the MCU soldering. Might need to add some solder to the pins around the MCU

Damn, sorry dude, I know the feeling too well by now. I couldn't find rest until I had fixed my problem.

Hope you succeed

Offline energyd

« Reply #2663 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 15:59:03 »

Damn, sorry dude, I know the feeling too well by now. I couldn't find rest until I had fixed my problem.

Hope you succeed

thx man. Think we are kind of on our own at this point. What makes me sad is everything else looks perfect, but they are useless w/o a working PCB

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2664 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:06:24 »
So many broken PCBs. I'm glad I ordered two. Surely I can get one of them working. If the Premium kits ever ship, that is.

For those with recent issues, did said issues exist before soldering? I'm assuming some yes and some no, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2665 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:24:11 »
So many broken PCBs. I'm glad I ordered two. Surely I can get one of them working. If the Premium kits ever ship, that is.

For those with recent issues, did said issues exist before soldering? I'm assuming some yes and some no, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

It's kind of amazing. I figured after the initial LED fiasco the PCBs would start getting better, but somehow the opposite has happened. What the ****? Just what the **** is going on with this group buy?

I guess, like, thanks Yuktsi for being literally the only one actually communicating with us at all, but, jesus christ, you guys seriously need to collective pull your heads out of your asses.

My favorite part of this has been the total abandonment by every single person involved (except, to be fair, Yuktsi). I honestly was kinda hoping that the more I pissed and moaned about the other names attached to this they would come in here and, I dunno, offer some kind of support but goddamn they've impressed even me with their total apathy.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:28:33 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline energyd

« Reply #2666 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:29:07 »

I used the hostiles to hold the switches in place, no soldering yet. So I'm 100% sure it's not me that broke it.

Offline demorior

« Reply #2667 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:29:13 »
soooo when's that exent replacement pcb run and who's running it? also replacement poly bottom run. thanks.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2668 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:31:12 »
soooo when's that exent replacement pcb run and who's running it? also replacement poly bottom run. thanks.

FYI if someone does a PCB + plate run I'm in 100%.

I've asked repeatedly for the PCB and plate CAD files to be released to us to no avail, so someone is going to have to take up designing them.

Offline energyd

« Reply #2669 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:37:32 »
I'm alao in if that ever happen. We could also combine the demand with the TGR910 folks if it use the same PCB.

« Last Edit: Mon, 19 March 2018, 19:32:22 by energyd »

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2670 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 19:04:17 »
Currently have not soldered anything yet. I have tested everything with just shorting the pads.

Also coincidentally left shift row is not working as well.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2671 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 21:06:23 »
Considering the quality of the soldering on these boards to date, I'd imagine retouching the solder on the appropriate MCU pin will restore that row's functionality if you have a soldering iron with a fine enough tip, fine enough diameter solder, and a steady enough hand.

If you're not confident in your skills, farm it out cause bridging those pins is hella easy.

Offline mike873

« Reply #2672 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 21:32:11 »
Guys, I've been patiently waiting and staying out of this thread with my requests for attention.

The tracking number I have been provided with in December is invalid according to SF Express. Can you please provide a view on where the keyboard I ordered and paid for is?

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2673 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 21:39:28 »
Considering the quality of the soldering on these boards to date, I'd imagine retouching the solder on the appropriate MCU pin will restore that row's functionality if you have a soldering iron with a fine enough tip, fine enough diameter solder, and a steady enough hand.

If you're not confident in your skills, farm it out cause bridging those pins is hella easy.

Yeah i assume its not actually that hard, only problem is my current iron has gone to **** and i have ****ty hands. Such a shame, tried typing on it for a bit and fell in love with it instantly. Can't wait to get some news to get it sorted out.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2674 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 21:48:01 »
FYI if someone does a PCB + plate run I'm in 100%.

I've asked repeatedly for the PCB and plate CAD files to be released to us to no avail, so someone is going to have to take up designing them.

How unfortunate. You'd think someone would provide those files. It's not like your asking for the frame design or polycarbonate and aluminum bottom files. PCB and plate CADs seem reasonable. Hopefully nobody is keeping those private on purpose to force us to buy spare parts if/when they show up on a marketplace like Originative or something.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #2675 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 00:47:28 »
Hi guys, I've managed to get the MCU diagrams from the PCB guy. If anyone has any issue with not functional row or column, do send me a PM
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2676 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 06:40:31 »

Using flux helps too!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #2677 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 07:10:35 »
Has anyone tried holtites with this board? If so where did you purchase them from? The day my shipment arrives I'm probably going to order some. This PCB seems way too finicky with solder and I'm quite the novice at assembling a keyboard.

I tried them, holes are too big and you'd need to solder them in, so at this point just solder the switches since it'll be easier than soldering holtites.

do you have to fill the hole with solder or you just have to make sure it's fixed in the hole (not moving)?

Hey mate sorry for the late reply. The ones I tried, I just applied some solder outside the holtite to "fix" them in the hole. They are too big for the holtites but not too much so it's not necessary to add solder before getting them in.

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #2678 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 21:43:08 »
I soldered last night. I tested the PCB before soldering. It works well.
But no response when I connect the keyboard to PC after soldering. I checked everything I can. Finally I found it’s the screws from stabilizer. I removed the screws. It works again!  Screws short some switches.

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #2679 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 21:52:19 »
And I find bootmapper client for Mac on Winkeyless.kr
blog.winkeyless.kr/183
But I test on MacBook Pro 2017, it doesn’t work.

Offline Data

« Reply #2680 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 06:56:14 »
But no response when I connect the keyboard to PC after soldering. I checked everything I can. Finally I found it’s the screws from stabilizer. I removed the screws. It works again!  Screws short some switches.

I'm gonna be so pissed if that's what my problem is...

Any idea what nylon washers would work with Zeal screw-in stabilizers?

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #2681 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 07:04:29 »

What about some electric tape?

Offline Data

« Reply #2682 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 07:05:55 »

Other than it looks like poop?  I suppose it could work in a pinch, or just for testing.  Maybe I'll try it.  Doesn't seem like a good long-term solution to me though.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2683 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 09:21:19 »

Other than it looks like poop?  I suppose it could work in a pinch, or just for testing.  Maybe I'll try it.  Doesn't seem like a good long-term solution to me though.

Electrical tape or even some kapton tape are good long-term solution. I'm not sure why you wouldn't think so. These parts aren't subjected to any great thermal or mechanical loading. Heck, a piece of paper will work as well if you're in a pinch.

On my previous builds using screwed stabs, I used small strips of transparent vinyl stickers mainly because I have some lying around. No problems at all
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2684 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 09:24:40 »

That's what I was planning to try when my set arrives. Washers would probably be better, but eh. Last time I checked the hardware store I had problems finding a plastic washer small enough to work. Maybe I was looking in the wrong area.

Although if it's like everyone else's, TARO will forget my stabs. And if that's the case I'll just buy some standard PCB clip in stabs and not worry with it.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2685 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 12:14:43 »
Guys, I've been patiently waiting and staying out of this thread with my requests for attention.

The tracking number I have been provided with in December is invalid according to SF Express. Can you please provide a view on where the keyboard I ordered and paid for is?

PM Yuksti, he's the only person responding in this group buy.

It's kind of amazing. I figured after the initial LED fiasco the PCBs would start getting better, but somehow the opposite has happened. What the ****? Just what the **** is going on with this group buy?

I guess, like, thanks Yuktsi for being literally the only one actually communicating with us at all, but, jesus christ, you guys seriously need to collective pull your heads out of your asses.

My favorite part of this has been the total abandonment by every single person involved (except, to be fair, Yuktsi). I honestly was kinda hoping that the more I pissed and moaned about the other names attached to this they would come in here and, I dunno, offer some kind of support but goddamn they've impressed even me with their total apathy.

I'm in complete agreement.  Yuktsi is doing a good job at communicating about the logistics of the group buy, but leadership is sorely lacking from TGR, Aconic, RAMA, and Originative.

I have bought from Sherry before and, ****, he's even sent me stuff for my meetups in Portland.  Despite hearing lots of issues previously, I've never had any with his services until now.

I've said this before, but I think it would do the community good to have some sort of statement from the designers and organizers.  I don't advocate brigading other threads or badgering them, it should be done on their own accord.  Having not done so (and I'm assuming the same into the future), I don't know why anyone would do business with them after this GB. 

I'm really hoping for some leadership/resolution/statement here to, at least, salvage the dignity of the GB.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2686 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 13:41:39 »

That's what I was planning to try when my set arrives. Washers would probably be better, but eh. Last time I checked the hardware store I had problems finding a plastic washer small enough to work. Maybe I was looking in the wrong area.

A UV set liquid plastic would probably work really well as well if you guys are looking for alternatives to washers, and would look a little cleaner than tape

Offline Data

« Reply #2687 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 14:37:22 »
Somebody (the Hero of 2018) offered to send me some M2 nylon screws that should take care of the issue.  Fingers crossed.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2688 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 15:39:21 »
Somebody (the Hero of 2018) offered to send me some M2 nylon screws that should take care of the issue.  Fingers crossed.

Just had issue on m65a pcb with screw in stab, a tape on pcb and then a little hole and screw back in did the trick for me. No issue with my screw in stab on the EXENT (I only have 4x 2u stab for enter, lshift and two space bar)

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #2689 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 21:47:26 »
-
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 21:51:01 by ctzn_voyager »

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2690 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 23:42:39 »
Still no word on shipping for an alu bottom order. No response to anything.

**** it. I'm out.

Anyone want my EXENT? You can have it for free. This has left such a sour taste in my mouth, I'm getting out of the hobby all together. If you know me, you know what I got, hit me up if you want it. For the rest of you, keep an eye on r/mechmarket for the motherload of all sales.

Dibs?  But really, don't go! 

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #2691 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 23:49:42 »

**** it. I'm out.

Anyone want my EXENT? You can have it for free. This has left such a sour taste in my mouth, I'm getting out of the hobby all together. If you know me, you know what I got, hit me up if you want it. For the rest of you, keep an eye on r/mechmarket for the motherload of all sales.

my dibs>ur dibs  :p :p
but sometimes it's better to leave a hobby before you start to truly hate it. I left the MOBA scene and I'm happy I did so before it started getting too toxic for me. You have to draw the line somewhere for when a hobby is just not something that you enjoy, and if I were in ctzn's position, I'd probably be leaving the hobby as well; waiting more than a year for a keyboard is not something I could tolerate. If he leaves the hobby without a taste too bitter in his mouth, it will remain a worthwhile experience in hindsight, as opposed to one filled with anticipation for a product long overdue. It's hard to explain properly, but it's like preserving the memory of the experience. You quit while you're ahead, in a sense.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2692 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 00:40:55 »
I'm pissed off but damn I'm not gonna leave the hobby. Juahenza needs to be kicked out, among others.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2693 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 04:08:18 »

**** it. I'm out.

You missed my post, they exist! I have received mine and I got an alu bottom version ^^’

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #2694 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 06:43:54 »
I'm in complete agreement.  Yuktsi is doing a good job at communicating about the logistics of the group buy, but leadership is sorely lacking from TGR, Aconic, RAMA, and Originative.

I have bought from Sherry before and, ****, he's even sent me stuff for my meetups in Portland.  Despite hearing lots of issues previously, I've never had any with his services until now.

I've said this before, but I think it would do the community good to have some sort of statement from the designers and organizers.  I don't advocate brigading other threads or badgering them, it should be done on their own accord.  Having not done so (and I'm assuming the same into the future), I don't know why anyone would do business with them after this GB. 

I'm really hoping for some leadership/resolution/statement here to, at least, salvage the dignity of the GB.

I personally don't fully agree with this.  Yes their names are on it, but I believe Juahenza should be the one held accountable.  He commissioned the design, he ran the IC and GB, this is HIS gb that he is ignoring.  All Rama did was design the case, that's all he is/was responsible for.  Sherry arranged the caps/switches, which to my understanding the hold up there, surprisingly enough was due to lack of communication and he also picked up extra kits to help with moq.  Yuktsi helped with things and bless him for at least attempting to try and keep us updated, but this is not his gb.

Choosing not to do business with any of them is obviously your choice, but for now, the only one I'm pissed off about is Juahenza.

This GB has been a dumpster fire.  That I can 100% agree with.  Garbage pcb's, broken bottoms, delay after delay, complete lack of communication and transparency.  100% regret.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #2695 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 07:33:02 »
-
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 21:51:18 by ctzn_voyager »

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #2696 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 09:13:25 »

**** it. I'm out.

yutski, please send my exent order to MaNiFeX.

And thank you to everyone who sent messages, really means a lot. After taking inventory of my collection, this could be trickier than I thought... I may donate most of my boards to a local school and just sell keycaps.

Did you mean it? Gook luck with your life.

Offline Data

« Reply #2697 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 09:57:17 »

**** it. I'm out.

I've been building toward this conclusion also.  Exent was the final straw.  I'm not looking forward to troubleshooting these PCB problems, and if it comes down to desoldering I will just throw it in the damn trash.  A rash of flakey, shyster group buys recently, and a community seemingly reluctant to hold them accountable, have forced me to step away from the hobby -- I have enough keyboards.  It isn't worth the stress and heartache.

I might still join the SBXX case GB.  It's simple enough that Plastik should be able to pull it off without too much issue, and he's got a really good prototype.  The guy obviously knows what he's doing. 

I'm also vaguely looking forward to the Kira, if Input Club ever gets it off the ground.  And clearly I'm going to stick around for Round 2 of Danger Zone later in the year.  But beyond that... I'm over it.  Time to move on.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #2698 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:13:50 »

**** it. I'm out.

I've been building toward this conclusion also.  Exent was the final straw.  I'm not looking forward to troubleshooting these PCB problems, and if it comes down to desoldering I will just throw it in the damn trash.  A rash of flakey, shyster group buys recently, and a community seemingly reluctant to hold them accountable, have forced me to step away from the hobby -- I have enough keyboards.  It isn't worth the stress and heartache.

I might still join the SBXX case GB.  It's simple enough that Plastik should be able to pull it off without too much issue, and he's got a really good prototype.  The guy obviously knows what he's doing. 

I'm also vaguely looking forward to the Kira, if Input Club ever gets it off the ground.  And clearly I'm going to stick around for Round 2 of Danger Zone later in the year.  But beyond that... I'm over it.  Time to move on.

I’ve been feeling kinda the same way too lately. And I didn’t even get in on the exent. I’m debating liquidating my collection and going barebones. With that said, R2 Danger Zone???

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #2699 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:34:04 »
I’ve been feeling kinda the same way too lately. And I didn’t even get in on the exent. I’m debating liquidating my collection and going barebones. With that said, R2 Danger Zone???
Mike nuuuuuu